April 26, 2024, 11:23:21 PM

Author Topic: Madmind Samuel from Laventille to Seoul.  (Read 10094 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Madmind Samuel from Laventille to Seoul.
« on: May 16, 2007, 01:14:00 AM »
Madmind Samuel from Laventille to Seoul.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

“My mother sells pies to help out and it was always hard for her. Now I am just happy I was able to play a part in helping the country reach a World Cup and I hope I can make things better for my family and be an inspiration”.
That’s the first response that comes from National Under 17 goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel when asked about his background and how he felt about being part of the Trinidad and Tobago team that qualified earlier this month  for the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Championship.
Born and grown up in Block 22, Laventille, Glenroy was a top guard  in the T&T goal in all of its matches in the recent final CONCACAF qualifying round in Jamaica but his two most significant showings came in the 2-1 win over Canada and the 1-0 win over Jamaica which booked T&T’s spot in Korea.
A former student of Belmont Junior Secondary, the 17-year-old Samuel now attends San Juan Senior Secondary and is a member of the CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh football club. He hopes to one day play in the Italian League and his favourite team is AC Milan.
Now residing in San Juan, he knows all too well what it means to come from almost nothing to being the number one youth goalkeeper in T&T. A couple years back, he missed out on making the National Under 15 team because of having missed training sessions due to Church calls, following the Pentecostal faith. But persistence and tireless work with goalkeeper coach Ross Russell pushed Samuel to the starting team in a friendly against Mexico and then all four qualifying matches in Jamaica.
“I was left out of the team for the Under 15s because I missed some training with Church but I wanted the spot real bad so I worked really hard after that. I have a mad mind and I don’t give up. I know I was better than that and I just kept on pushing myself. I know sometimes it was hard for Jesse (Fullerton) but it worked out,” said Samuel who also favours his chances in a 400 metres race.
He added that Russell, Shaka Hislop, Kelvin Jack and Jan Michael Williams have been the inspiring figures for him.
“Ross always working me real hard and I am thankful for that. I think my reflexes are one of my strengths but I need to talk more in the game.
“All in all I wanted to be a goalkeeper because I’m a wild man… I like to dive,” Samuel laughed. “But seriously, I like to think of myself as the main man to protect things for the team. They have to come through me last to beat my team.”
Standing at 5ft 9 inches, he praised Corneal and the staff of the Under 17 team along with his mother Donna for guiding him. He has his sights on playing professionally and lining up for the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team.
“If you ask me who inspired me I would say the whole coaching staff and my mother Donna. She has to sell pies too to help out and I said I feel good that I can maybe help her out now. It’s good when youths can help out too,” he ended. In the meantime, he will take up his position and await the outcome of Thursday’s draw in Seoul, promising not to get too mad over it.

Name – Glenroy Samuel
Position – Goalkeeper
Club – CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh
School – San Juan Senior Comprehensive
Date of Birth – April 5, 1990
Hometown – San Juan

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:29:01 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

TrinInfinite

Re: Madmind Samuel from Laventille to Seoul.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 06:54:27 AM »
its nice to see youths from the edr prospering... we need more of this from our area...

God is de BOSS...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 07:55:14 AM »
its nice to see youths from the edr prospering... we need more of this from our area...

God is de BOSS...
Forgive my ignorance eh, but East Dry River and Laventille are not 2 different places ?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 07:59:30 AM »

God is de BOSS...
Forgive my ignorance eh, but East Dry River and Laventille are not 2 different places ?

certain parts of the hill are considered the east dry river.... alot of times, anything behind the east dry river and upwards is considered the edr... in most cases..

God is de BOSS...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 08:00:28 AM »

God is de BOSS...

TI come like dem fete dese days....all inclusive....when it suit him.  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 09:00:20 AM »
Jah, EDR is any thing behind the bridge, or east of the dry river in the POS confindments , which includes laventille all the way to morvant, or that road that runs from morvant jountion to lady young road.  some of my familly is from laventille, plus i was born in laventille, and it's allways state on the post, EDR laventille. even belmont is in the heart of EDR, but alot of belmontites don't acknowledge.                 God bless.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:07:50 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
Jah, EDR is any thing behind the bridge, or east of the dry river in the POS confindments , which includes laventille all the way to morvant, or that road that runs from morvant jountion to lady young road.  some of my familly is from laventille, plus i was born in laventille, and it's allways state on the post, EDR laventille. even belmont is in the heart of EDR, but alot of belmontites don't acknowledge.                 God bless.
Thanks for the enlightment.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »
Jah, EDR is any thing behind the bridge, or east of the dry river in the POS confindments , which includes laventille all the way to morvant, or that road that runs from morvant jountion to lady young road.  some of my familly is from laventille, plus i was born in laventille, and it's allways state on the post, EDR laventille. even belmont is in the heart of EDR, but alot of belmontites don't acknowledge.                 God bless.

Maybe it says EDR Laventille but it does not say EDR Belmont.

JAH BLESS RSTAFARI
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:30:50 PM by rastafari »

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 01:17:32 PM »

God is de BOSS...

T.I. come like de wind he all over...all ova is he area now...jes like how once apon ah time everyone was he family lol  :devil:  :rotfl:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 01:50:31 PM »
God bless this youth.  Hope he stays focuse and keeps on a constructive path.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 02:03:11 PM »
oh gorsh fuss ah focus on friggin round next man ah forget tuh big up de yute n de ress ah de team :devil:

bless up fellas...make sure n rep. tuh de fullest n gud luck fuh de future  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 04:16:51 PM »
A great experience for these young men. They did us proud

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »
Keep dem articles commin. The man livin San Juan now that in the article rite. EDR is anybody from the ghetto apperently.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 04:57:25 PM »
Stay focused and train hard

All de bes!!! :devil:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 05:11:31 PM »
Keep dem articles commin. The man livin San Juan now that in the article rite. EDR is anybody from the ghetto apperently.
Ain't nutten, the ghetto produce nuff talented ppl who put trini on the international market, for instance penny commisiong, and allyuh big herro LATAS. born and raised in laventille main road EDR.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 05:18:18 PM »
Jah, EDR is any thing behind the bridge, or east of the dry river in the POS confindments , which includes laventille all the way to morvant, or that road that runs from morvant jountion to lady young road.  some of my familly is from laventille, plus i was born in laventille, and it's allways state on the post, EDR laventille. even belmont is in the heart of EDR, but alot of belmontites don't acknowledge.                 God bless.

JAH BLESS RSTAFARI
It doesn't matter what the post say, geographic location speak for it's self. like i said most belmontites don't acknowledge.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 06:04:34 PM »
"She has to sell pies too to help out and I said I feel good that I can maybe help her out now."
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

Warrior For Life !!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 06:34:16 PM »
Inspiring story.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: ah real happy fuh de bredda. Is also nice to hear de behind-de-scenes unsung hero wuk dat Ross Russel put dong dey. Nuff keepers citing him as a boss teacher and inspiration. There is hope for T&T
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 09:48:23 PM »
It have ghetto all ovah TNT.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 11:04:04 PM »
finally some great news in the mist of the gold cup issue
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 05:31:18 AM »

San Juan east of de dry river ent?

Get wit de damn program nah gyul... ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 05:46:45 PM »
well done glen, keep ypur feet o n the ground and reach for the stars bro,  u know de crew behind u and chike  ;D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 05:49:17 PM »

JAH BLESS RSTAFARI
It doesn't matter what the post say, geographic location speak for it's self. like i said most belmontites don't acknowledge.

family you 4gettin hardest and bleeder, llewlyn, the youths findley and elcock, i could go on and on, it have real people from the edr who do well and are very talented, some still there... brother resistance is also an edr man, actually i think he is also from piccadilly street like myself and my family..

God is de BOSS...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 01:26:51 PM »
I mubbe kinda chuppidee but I always tort dat a river does run in a valley, and las time I check block 22 was at the very top of the hill.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 10:18:12 PM »
Bounty please don't be an a## hole, you know what we're talkind bout. by the way, it's not we who give it that name, so if you want some body to look down on for their lack of intelligence, take it up wid the ppl that name the place EDR. for instance the british. and by the way, laventille is east of the dry river.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:28:01 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>