April 25, 2024, 09:37:53 AM

Author Topic: Connection player lands contract in MLS.  (Read 7589 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Connection player lands contract in MLS.
« on: May 23, 2007, 05:17:02 PM »
W Connection’s William Oliviera signs with Chicago Fire.
By: Randy Bando (TT Pro League).

Vibe CT 105 W Connection Brazilian utility player William Da Silva Oliveira secured a one year deal with MLS Club Chicago Fire on Wednesday.
The 23 year old Brazilian had been with Chicago Fire for the last two months since leaving Trinidad in March to join the MLS Club on trial.
On Wednesday afternoon W Connection and Chicago Fire both agreed on the terms and conditions on the transfer of the player.
W Connection Owner/President David John Williams was very elated on the matter when he confirmed the Oliviera’s move to ‘ttproleague.com’, “He wasn’t on trial for the length of time he was there. It was just a matter of our Club and the MLS Club negotiating on the terms of the contract and this is why it took this long before he was awarded a contract,” he said.
Williams also confirmed that the deal can stretch further than one year, “He has signed a one year deal with the option of renewing for another three years and this is good news.”
When asked about the loss of one of his teams young bright talents the W Connection Owner simply said, “We are in the business of football and this is what it’s all about. This also means good exposure for him as well as footballers coming from the Trinidad and Tobago professional league.”
“William is a great quality player and he would do well in the MLS. Definitely he was a good asset to our team last season and a marquee player for W Connection and the Pro League and he would do only well to promote our League and Connection,” he said.
Williams also noted that there are possible opportunities for exporting players in the near future but didn’t reveal much detail.
“As I have said, this is the business of football and there is the possibility of us sending other players to maybe Europe in the next transfer window but I can’t say much at the moment,” concluded the W Connection Owner.
William Da Silva Oliviera one of the many Brazilian players at W Connection is a product of the Clubs youth system and he has been part of the ‘Savonnetta Boys’ since 2003.
Meanwhile head coach at the Pro League Club Stuart Charles Fevrier was very emotional, yet philosophical over the loss of his top notched player.
He said, “William has been with us for the last four years and it’s always a bit sad to let go of a player after you have built such a bond like what we had, but at the same time it’s a happy moment. It means that the player is progressing in his career and it is good for both him and our Club as we look to establish good contacts abroad such as the United States and Europe,” he added.
“Football is not a lifetime thing. A player’s career can sometimes only go as far as fifteen years and it is always good that they get better opportunities to play in the bigger Leagues.”
Fevrier also explained it is also great for the development of younger players in the Club saying, “I am sure that the rest of players at the Club would be happy for William.”
“This creates an opportunity for younger players in the Club to step up and get the chance to prove themselves so there is always a lot of good when a player moves on to bigger things,” ended the W Connection head Coach.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 06:29:30 PM by Flex »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Connection players lands contract in MLS
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 05:32:02 PM »
Watch nah. Some ah allyuh eh go understand...but this piece of news for Olli make me REAAALLLLLLLLLLLL  happy dread. Boy ah happy fuh da fella, as he play he heart an' soul out for Connection and he deserves it as he has something special. Is good business for Connection as he was sold before it was too late and he is at his prime. De other brazilianos will realize now and say "weyssss!!..T&T is a real stepping stone boy!" "Their league get him a nice wuk like dat! Mama mia!...Let's leave Bahia!"  :rotfl:

So to OLi... :notworthy: :notworthy: :peace: :cheers: :applause: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Mash dem up. Tell dem good tings about Trini and let de scouts come hunting fuh more!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:44:05 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Connection player lands contract in MLS.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 04:13:04 AM »
maybe we on to something here ...bring in Brazilian footballers teach dem english then sell then on ...maybe Williams should incorpòrate an english language school in de programme ....... ::)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:38:07 AM »
maybe we could get him a trini passport??
wha all ya say???

but this fella good..i eh know how come he was on the reserve side all the time..yeh toussaint and earl jean there but he good jed
his work rate is off the hook! played against him already...man did not stop running for the 75+mins he was on
and i not exaggerating

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:23:23 PM »
I am happy for him. What would kill me is him gaining US citizenship and playing for the US. You know how quickly they hand out citizenships to anyone who can help them.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 05:52:23 PM »
seriously, we would have to bring up the crazy tnt passport laws again.

I always wonder why transfer fees involving pro league clubs are never disclosed
Hart for president

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 08:28:19 PM »
seriously, we would have to bring up the crazy tnt passport laws again.

I always wonder why transfer fees involving pro league clubs are never disclosed

ever wonder about TTFF salaries and accounts too ?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 04:35:34 PM »
Whats the deal with William Da Silva Oliveira ? have not heard anything on him in a while, he not even listed on they team roster anymore. Osie Telesford only play 2 games for Fire too... this injury killing him.

I cant even find Andrei Pacheco on the Colombus Crew team either. I feel he should have stayed home in T&T. They killing his career and now T&T may not call him up as he is not match fit.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:37:56 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 06:19:05 PM »
Whats the deal with William Da Silva Oliveira ? have not heard anything on him in a while, he not even listed on they team roster anymore. Osie Telesford only play 2 games for Fire too... this injury killing him.

I cant even find Andrei Pacheco on the Colombus Crew team either. I feel he should have stayed home in T&T. They killing his career and now T&T may not call him up as he is not match fit.

From what I understand Pacheco is classified as being in development, meaning reserve or feeder team games.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 06:56:41 PM »

Midfielder Willian Oliveira Waived
August 20, 2007

The Chicago Fire also announced Monday that the team has waived midfielder Willian Oliveira. As a result, the Fire have opened a Youth International slot on the team's 28-man full roster. The native of Sao Paulo, Brazil played eight games (four starts) for the "Men in Red" in 2007, his lone MLS career goal proving to be a game-tying one on June 3, helping the Fire defeat Columbus Crew 3-2 at TOYOTA PARK.

Pacheco on de roster, but he has only been playing in Reserve games.

Looks like Telesford still suffering with dat groin injury.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 06:49:44 AM »
Fire News

A source very close to the Fire has confirmed that Willian Oliveira's release was due to family issues in Brazil. The ex-Fire midfielder has been in Brazil for several weeks now but was officially waived with the arrival of new signing Wilman Conde of Millionarios of Columbia.
The club and player would prefer if the personal issues remained confidential, but it appears that the Fire were pleased with his performance but due to the uncertainty of the situation, both parties found it best to follow this route. Meanwhile, Telesford was on the mend, but in his first training back re-injured his groin. He had surgery a week or two ago again and is done for the season.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline harshu

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 10:38:11 AM »
Hi,

Well it is an good forum for all the soccer lovers. They all can discuss their feelings for their favorite spot. Well it is an royal game. Keep up the good work.

=========================
Harshu
Multi List Service

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 11:01:47 AM »
didn't a Brazilian who used to play for W. Connection married a Trinidadian woman but end up signing with a european team...how TTFF never try to call him back to play for T&T....his he a citizen of T&T or not

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 11:02:07 AM »
Hi,
Well it is an good forum for all the soccer lovers. They all can discuss their feelings for their favorite spot. Well it is an royal game. Keep up the good work.
=========================
Harshu
Multi List Service
eh?

by the way
welcome
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:05:55 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 12:19:18 PM »
Andrei Pacheco

Where dat man at
Hart for president

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 12:31:34 PM »
Andrei Pacheco

Where dat man at

Think he with Connection (Not sure)

1]; } ?>