April 20, 2024, 02:56:52 AM

Author Topic: Sancho calls for meeting to end football impasse.  (Read 8469 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Sancho calls for meeting to end football impasse.
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:17:30 PM »
Sancho calls for meeting to end football impasse.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).

National defender Brent Sancho has called on Football Federation president Ollie Camps to set a date for a meeting to discuss the current impasse in local football.
Sancho is among several members of the Soca Warriors World Cup team who have refused to take part in next month’s Gold Cup tournament in the US, protesting the Federation’s failure to fully compensate the team for its efforts in Germany.
Sancho and fellow World Cup players Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Christopher Birchall, Kelvin Jack, Cornell Glen, Marvin Andrews, Cyd Gray, Anthony Wolfe, Atiba Charles, Aurtis Whitley and Collin Samuel are currently locked in battle with the T&TFF over the non-payment of what they claim is reward money for their qualification and participation at the World Cup.
The players are arguing that they were promised cash rewards by T&TFF special adviser and Fifa vice-president Austin Jack Warner but were only offered close to $5,000 by the T&TFF, which they have refused.
They have taken legal action against the T&TFF, resulting in them being omitted from national selection.
The players have since launched a Football Players Association of T&T (FPATT) which was launched with a Fun Day on Sunday.
FPATT’s spokesman Alison Ayers said Sancho spoke to Camps on Tuesday and expressed his desire to meet to try and find a solution.
Ayers added: “Sancho called Camps and he is just waiting on the time and place to be selected by Camps.”
Sam Phillip, manager of the T&T football team also expressed his hope that the impasse can be brought to an end.
Phillip said: “I spoke to Stern John, Sancho and Marvin Andrews earlier this week and I explained to them that in the best of the country and football they should meet with the T&TFF.”
Phillip felt that all involved must put football first.
He added: “I told the guys to use me as an example. I was not among the reward recipients, but I’m still part of the staff and fighting my battle.
“I explained to them a boxer cannot fight when he’s not in the ring, he has to be in the ring.”
Asked if the players will be allowed to join the team if a solution is found, Phillip said, “It’s a decision the coach will have to make.
“You also have to bear in mind that the team is due to leave on June 31, and we have a squad of players already in training but to say they will all be invited if a solution arises, I don’t know,” added Phillip.
Midfielder Densill Theobald is the only member of the World Cup team in training with the squad that also includes Keyeno Thomas, Seon Power, Osei Telesford, Keon Daniel, Romauld Aguillera, Jan-Michael Williams, Glenton Wolfe, Andre Toussaint, Daurance Williams, Gary Glasgow, Errol Mc Farlane Jr, Kerwyn Jemmott, Marvin Phillip, Dwayne Jack, Kerry Baptiste, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Trent Noel, Andrei Pacheco, Christian Baptiste and Nichcolson Thomas.
Holland-based striker Darryl Roberts of Sparta Rotterdam is expected to join up with the team today after his flight Holland was delayed.
The T&T team will participate in the Digicel Shield on May 28, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, against Caribbean Football Union champions Haiti while St Vincent and the Grenadines a last minute replacement for Cuba square off with Mexico’s Olympic Team clash in the other semi-final.
The winners will meet in the final two days later at the same venue while the losers will square off in the third place match.
The national team will then meet Honduras in a friendly on June 2, before heading to the USA for the Concacaf Gold Cup from June 6 to 24 where they will meet host USA, Guatemala and El Salvador in Group B round-robin play.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:15:13 AM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho calls for meeting to end football impasse
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 09:24:55 PM »
30 days have September, June and november all the rest have 31 except Feburary which has 28 except 29 when there is a leap year. that being said they cyah beleving June 30th not to mention the first game is the 7th June.

Have the meeting what is the problem? They what my office to use steups.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:54:32 PM »
Niceness. Meh boy Sancho moving like a general off de field marshallin' de troops just like he does with de defense. Whatever happens Sanch, keep fit so dat nobody could say that you or any of the Warriors not match fit and cyah get selected.  Every man jackula  :justkidding:  should be with one of the PFL teams in intense training. Cool?  Irie.  ;D  Go brave and doh let Jackula exploit allyuh   >:(   Yuh doin' good. Be prepared to walk away if Jackula insists on a corruption immunity package  :shameonyou: without impeachment  ;)

And by the way is about time de journalists get it right. Mr Simon Sir, the warriors never "refused to take part in next month's Gold Cup". That is blatantly inaccurate, so yuh better watch yuhself dread  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:02:58 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 04:37:22 AM »
Niceness. Meh boy Sancho moving like a general off de field marshallin' de troops just like he does with de defense. Whatever happens Sanch, keep fit so dat nobody could say that you or any of the Warriors not match fit and cyah get selected.  Every man jackula  :justkidding:  should be with one of the PFL teams in intense training. Cool?  Irie.  ;D  Go brave and doh let Jackula exploit allyuh   >:(   Yuh doin' good. Be prepared to walk away if Jackula insists on a corruption immunity package  :shameonyou: without impeachment  ;)

And by the way is about time de journalists get it right. Mr Simon Sir, the warriors never "refused to take part in next month's Gold Cup[/u][/color]". That is blatantly inaccurate, so yuh better watch yuhself dread  >:( >:(
Well said Dreamer... :applause:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 04:45:22 AM »
Dreamer,
here is the Guardian Sports Editor, Mr. Valentino Singh email, maybe an email to him about Mr Simon misinformation is in order. ;)
Valentino Singh
Sports Editor
 vsingh@ttol.co.tt
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho calls for meeting to end football impasse.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 06:30:00 AM »
right now sancho looking for a club, it will be in his best interest to take part in the gold cup
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 06:57:32 AM »
30 days have September, June and november all the rest have 31 except Feburary which has 28 except 29 when there is a leap year. that being said they cyah beleving June 30th not to mention the first game is the 7th June.

I used tuh hate to remember that  :rotfl:

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 07:23:49 AM »
Denzil is a smart player. He realize that he do not have the luxury of protesting since their are other local midfielders that will replace him easily!!! Need to establish himself first and get respect before he could make them sort of movements.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 07:25:22 AM »
Let's flood Valentino Singh and all these incompetent journalists with emails demanding accuracy and accountabilioty.  I sent mine.
Most of the players were not selected.  There is no truth to the suggestion that they all refused to play, unless they referring to Carlos, and a few others who stood in solidarity with the rest of the "whitelisted " players.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 07:29:58 AM »

they need to have that meeting ASAP 8)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 07:49:50 AM »
The TTFF wants the goverment money then I believe the government should have a say on this impasse.

All Jack Warner do is beg for money, do you hear anyone of our sponsors telling the TTFF what to do, no, then why does Jack Warner get invloved in this BS with the T&T team.... just support and shut yuh f00cking mouth......

Camps dont have de balls to meet with these players and go against Jack words. So this meeting will be fruitless.....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:02:34 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 07:50:13 AM »
Meeting with Camps and dem ??? He must be assuming they could conduct one  :devil:
These are a bunch of yes men ..... if you eh meeting wid Jack you wasting time !
Rule 1 ..everything Jack say goes
Rule 2 .. If you have a problem with that refer to rule 1 :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 11:12:46 AM »
Nigel Simon is a jokey journalist as best. In Germany he was with the Carib crew no way close to the SW. My posse bounce them up for the England game. He had a balllllllllll and a blastttttt on th eGuardian money.

I see with my own eyes the man checkin this site for information. If he had continue he would get accurate info.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 05:40:59 PM »

april  ???
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 06:35:44 PM »
Yeah I 4get April

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 06:46:14 PM »

as soon as i learn with meh knuckles i forget that rhyme yes.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 03:51:26 PM »
Meeting with Camps and dem ??? He must be assuming they could conduct one  :devil:
These are a bunch of yes men ..... if you eh meeting wid Jack you wasting time !
Rule 1 ..everything Jack say goes
Rule 2 .. If you have a problem with that refer to rule 1 :devil:

Eh! Papayo!
Sancho, come on TV and tell we sumtin' dread. Men lookin' to geh violent wit dem tie-tongue coonoomoonoo.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 09:39:34 AM »
Sancho...hold on, don't let de :liar:  :liar: :liar: reporters and de :loser: TTFF get you down

1]; } ?>