April 19, 2024, 09:59:14 PM

Author Topic: U-17s start back with strength training.  (Read 4972 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
U-17s start back with strength training.
« on: May 24, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »
U-17s start back with strength training.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 footballers resumed training for the first time on Wednesday after its qualification for the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Championship which starts in Korea in August.
The team, under coach Anton Corneal, booked its place in the World Finals with a 1-0 victory over Jamaica in Kingston earlier this month but after returning home was given some time off before regrouping at the Ato Boldon Stadium.
They will go into a strength training programme for the next couple weeks before beginning a slate of training matches both locally and abroad. Corneal said plans for international warm up encounters were still being outlined.
“We will have the players in a strength programme in the first instance before starting the technical preparations again. We are aware of the type of opposition we will face in the group phase and that will now obviously say a lot in terms of how we prepare over the next few weeks leading up to the opening game against Ghana,” Corneal told TTFF Media.
“We will work strictly according to plan because that’s exactly what we did in the build up towards the qualifying round and to come and win two final games is not an easy task to accomplish. We know there’s a difference playing in a World Finals now but we will ensure that we remain discipline in our approach and not get carried away in the process,” he added.
Thursday’s session was based around strength training with the use of medicine balls. Meantime, a couple of the members were also excused due to being engaged in CXC O’Level Examinations.
The team, before taking on any international opposition, is expected to face a Pro League Under 17 All Star team and then also a Tobago Under 20 team.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 04:57:17 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-17s start back with strength training.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »

That is good I glad they have them in strength training it only works well for them. They will be stronger fitter and probably faster and in football that is what you need. I hear one of the players say after they Qualified by beating Jamaica that the training on the hills really helped them, so all this is steps in the right direction!!!! BLESS UP!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:00:39 PM »
Organize dem walk up quick. The future players who will be shafted by the federation.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 12:57:40 PM »
Ah hope they don't have them doing no heavy…heavy lifting. They need average weights because they're still young. As someone said earlier  it will only make them faster.  Speed kills. They need to make sure they eat the right type of foods.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 07:58:27 AM »
anybody have a problem with the strenght training now ???...all da shit allyuh talk when anton was doing it before.....plus all de shit allyuh talk bout de man before he qualify de team...allyuh not shame ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 08:47:57 AM »
The bible say the sins of the father will follow the c'dren to the 3rd and 4th generation so Anton grandchildren go be payin for Alvin sins. If he win the JWC dey go say is because of Wim. He cyah win and he only have to blame he popper
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 09:28:56 AM »
anybody have a problem with the strenght training now ???...all da shit allyuh talk when anton was doing it before.....plus all de shit allyuh talk bout de man before he qualify de team...allyuh not shame ???
I'll put my hand up and say I made a comment/observation about the hill running. It was also in a particular context as well, so if that is part of the shit yuh referring to, my answer is hell no, I eh ashame ;D. However, if that's not included, this comment should be ignored :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 02:20:20 PM »
One ting about Anton, de fella real focussed. Sorry to say dis, but he doh behave like de average skylarkin' Trini. And I is a trini so...... He is de antidote (in a kinda way, as long as he distance heself from he faddah dotishness) to de kinda disease dat meh boy Kingman was talkin' 'bout in his new thread.

He does tink football mornen, noon an' night dread. Good strategy wit' de baby warriors.
Make dem yout' strongah!!!!........  and hottah!!!!!!!!...... like a congo peppah!!!!!  ;D
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 10:37:50 AM »
You fellas will have to train hard and do dam good because ah feddup >:(

1]; } ?>