April 24, 2024, 07:26:54 PM

Author Topic: Boynes ready to step into T&TFF/Players row.  (Read 11364 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Boynes ready to step into T&TFF/Players row.
« on: May 24, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/size]

Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Roger Boynes is ready to step in to help solve the current impasse between the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) and some of the World Cup players.
Boynes said that he will be contacting TTFF president Oliver Camps in a bid to help solve the problem.
“We need to find a solution because it is only hurting our football. For the benefit of the country, it must be resolved sooner rather than later.”
The members of the World Cup team who are willing to play in next month’s Conacacaf Gold Cup are being debarred because of their on-going dispute with the T&TFF.
The players are protesting the T&TFF ’s failure to fully compensate the team for its efforts in Germany and have been overlooked for team selection by the T&TFF even though coach Wim Rijsbergen has expressed a willingness to select them.
The players include Brent Sancho, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Christopher Birchall, Kelvin Jack, Cornell Glen, Marvin Andrews, Cyd Gray, Anthony Wolfe, Atiba Charles, Aurtis Whitley and Collin Samuel.
Both parties have expressed a desire to discuss the situation and following a statement by the Football Players Association, Camps said he was awaiting official word from the players.
“Calling me on the phone does not make sense, they have to make a request for a meeting in a formal manner, which is in the form of a letter to the T&TFF,” Camps said yesterday.
“It has to be done the same way it was done before. We are just awaiting an official letter. We have an office where we can sit and talk and we are not in the business of discussing our matters through the media.”
Camps said he was eagerly looking forward to the meeting as the federation wanted to get the matter sorted out in the best interest of football.
Coach Wim Rijsbergen is facing the possibility of going into the Digicel Shield semi-final against Haiti on Monday minus the core of players who represented the country in Germany.
Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA midfielder Densill Theobald is the only member of the World Cup team in training. The squad also includes Keyeno Thomas, Seon Power, Osei Telesford, Keon Daniel, Ramould Aguillera, Jan-Michael Williams, Glenton Wolfe, Andre Toussaint, Daurance Williams, Gary Glasgow, Errol Mc Farlane Jr, Kerwyn Jemmott, Marvin Phillip, Dwayne Jack, Kerry Baptiste, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Trent Noel, Andrei Pacheco, Christian Baptiste and Nichcolson Thomas while Holland-based striker Darryl Roberts of Sparta Rotterdam arrived yesterday.
The team will continue training at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva from 10am today. However, they will have the afternoon off as they journey to South to watch the T&T Pro League Courts Pro Bowl final between Superstar Rangers and W Connection. The team will then re-group on Saturday ahead of Monday’s clash against Haiti at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, from 7 pm.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 05:32:48 AM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Boynes ready to step into T&TFF/Players row
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »
boynes and ttff talk alyuh talk quick please and end dis shit please  >:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:24:58 PM »

Like allyuh doh realise wha goin on or wha?

Scamps and dem doh want no blasted meeting!

If dem really wanted a meeting, dem woulda have one long time.

Dem want de players to grovel and if dey do...dey go drag dey foot and den say it too late....deadline pass to name de team.

De Soca Warriors will NOT be representin T&T in de Gold Cup 2007.  Jes deal wit dat fact.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:35:12 PM »

Dem want de players to grovel and if dey do...dey go drag dey foot and den say it too late....deadline pass to name de team.

De Soca Warriors will NOT be representin T&T in de Gold Cup 2007.  Jes deal wit dat fact.

So true. It seem like Scamps and dem just trying to avoid the whole thing altogether. He has obviously received calls from the players association about meeting to discuss the impasse, and he really want we to believe that that is not official enough for them to respond??? That is assness to to highest degree.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 08:35:32 PM »

look how dey putting pressure on TTPost now too  ;D
dem go have to try and doh lose the letter and plus they have to deliver on time too..i ent feel them could handle it  :frustrated:

so allyuh telling me like e-mail is not 'official' contact either?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »

look how dey putting pressure on TTPost now too  ;D
dem go have to try and doh lose the letter and plus they have to deliver on time too..i ent feel them could handle it  :frustrated:

so allyuh telling me like e-mail is not 'official' contact either?

Unfortunately it isn't in Trinidad and Tobago
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 08:54:01 PM »
He a day late and a dollar short. He need to send he messenger with the letter and let some joker in the TTFF sign receivin it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 12:57:19 AM »
A lot of man on this board dos get pissed off when i post, some say ah disrespectful, while others just hate to hear my point of view, how i am a trini hater and ah must not be from trini and all the rest, but look, look how big blood clart men acting like lil facking baby in carrage, playing kiddie games and messing with big ppl emotions. this is why i dos cuss trinidad stink and dos'nt want to big up down dey ah rass, BC of the ppl that hold a little power in T&T and how they abuse it and take advantage of the ppl. BC most of the ppl dont know their rights and dont care to know either. these unproffesional mutha f@#kers dos drive me up a high bloody wall wid their nonsense. I bet you any thing if trinbagonians was like brazilians,brits or even venezualians, them ass h@les would'nt pull that shyte,BC it would  proved fatal for them. this is why i hate to support T&T in any areana, cause trinidadians dos let them stinking pot hound leaders get away with murder. is about time we learn to stand up against these abusers ,all ah facking them, panday, manning , jack warner, camps who talking all that baby shyte like a first grader,dos he know how ridiculus he sounds. all ah dem, enough is bloody enough man!!!!! this is a perfect example of third world behavior, A lack of proffesionalism and total disregard. if this was in a developed country ,it would've been resolved a long time ago. but this is T&T and unfortunatly for us, they dont have no shame!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 03:17:24 AM »
The Government HAS to come up with a list of DEMANDS that TTFF has to follow before the Government gives TTFF any money in the future.
But it ent go matter, because when the UNC get into power, they will give Jack ALL he wants.
UgoN C
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 03:56:59 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 03:52:43 AM »
Roger Boynes, watch de tax payers money with these guys.....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 04:57:02 AM »
Ok so Boynes want to stetp in and look like ah hero.....hhhhhmmm alright, ok.  But ah thought FIFA say governments not supposed to get involved in the business of local federations....
So ah take it governments could step in when it convienient to de TTFF (and by extension FIFA)

IMHO, I feel Boynes should stay out of this and

KEEP MY TAX DOLLARS AWAY FROM DE BLACK HOLE DAT IS DE TTFF!!!!.....    [/b]
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 05:04:52 AM »
Ok so Boynes want to stetp in and look like ah hero.....hhhhhmmm alright, ok.  But ah thought FIFA say governments not supposed to get involved in the business of local federations....
So ah take it governments could step in when it convienient to de TTFF (and by extension FIFA)
IMHO, I feel Boynes should stay out of this and
   KEEP MY TAX DOLLARS AWAY FROM DE BLACK HOLE DAT IS DE TTFF!!!!.....    [/b]
we all know that JAW's only wants the money the government has and nothing else.
if the governmant only say they want to know what going on he does buss day file wid the FIFA rule :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Boynes ready to step into T&TFF/Players row.
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 05:39:22 AM »
How could one man destroy T&T football and no one on this planet could or willing tp stop him.

I hope Jack and Camps rot in hell.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 06:06:56 AM »
How could one man destroy T&T football and no one on this planet could or willing tp stop him.

I hope Jack and Camps rot in hell.....

Simple........because all the men on this planet depend on this one man for their livelihood.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 06:11:05 AM »
the highest bidder wins fellahs... stall tactics, its apart of politricks, hold out till the las minute so that no other option could be exercised... now the govt will pay money and the players will play bc the ttff will be minus a lawsuit, if that doesnt happen, after the gold cup something will in order to keep the wc players in the picture frame for the wc qualifiers...

God is de BOSS....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 07:36:09 AM »
good post TI.
I jus hope that boynes do the mediation job good and he ent promisre to spen no tax dollars in place of TTFF stolen money.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/size]

Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Roger Boynes is ready to step in to help solve the current impasse between the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) and some of the World Cup players.
Boynes said that he will be contacting TTFF president Oliver Camps in a bid to help solve the problem.
“We need to find a solution because it is only hurting our football. For the benefit of the country, it must be resolved sooner rather than later.”
The members of the World Cup team who are willing to play in next month’s Conacacaf Gold Cup are being debarred because of their on-going dispute with the T&TFF.
The players are protesting the T&TFF ’s failure to fully compensate the team for its efforts in Germany and have been overlooked for team selection by the T&TFF even though coach Wim Rijsbergen has expressed a willingness to select them.
The players include Brent Sancho, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Christopher Birchall, Kelvin Jack, Cornell Glen, Marvin Andrews, Cyd Gray, Anthony Wolfe, Atiba Charles, Aurtis Whitley and Collin Samuel.
Both parties have expressed a desire to discuss the situation and following a statement by the Football Players Association, Camps said he was awaiting official word from the players.
“Calling me on the phone does not make sense, they have to make a request for a meeting in a formal manner, which is in the form of a letter to the T&TFF,” Camps said yesterday.
“It has to be done the same way it was done before. We are just awaiting an official letter. We have an office where we can sit and talk and we are not in the business of discussing our matters through the media.”
Camps said he was eagerly looking forward to the meeting as the federation wanted to get the matter sorted out in the best interest of football.
Coach Wim Rijsbergen is facing the possibility of going into the Digicel Shield semi-final against Haiti on Monday minus the core of players who represented the country in Germany.
Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA midfielder Densill Theobald is the only member of the World Cup team in training. The squad also includes Keyeno Thomas, Seon Power, Osei Telesford, Keon Daniel, Ramould Aguillera, Jan-Michael Williams, Glenton Wolfe, Andre Toussaint, Daurance Williams, Gary Glasgow, Errol Mc Farlane Jr, Kerwyn Jemmott, Marvin Phillip, Dwayne Jack, Kerry Baptiste, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Trent Noel, Andrei Pacheco, Christian Baptiste and Nichcolson Thomas while Holland-based striker Darryl Roberts of Sparta Rotterdam arrived yesterday.
The team will continue training at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva from 10am today. However, they will have the afternoon off as they journey to South to watch the T&T Pro League Courts Pro Bowl final between Superstar Rangers and W Connection. The team will then re-group on Saturday ahead of Monday’s clash against Haiti at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, from 7 pm.

Yuh see how much of an ass Camps is!!!!! Sitting like a F$%$%^%^ing king on he throne waiting to grant these plebs a meeting , F U Camps be the bigger man and set the meeting yuhself

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
Missing players... how bad is it really?
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 08:03:28 AM »

How important is this gold cup really?

If we send a full strenght squad there, what is the major upside in the long run? I think this may be a blessing in disguise, give the young guys some experience, lets learn who can cope now rather than later? And by later I mean during WCQ, we don't want to be experimenting at that stage right...

If we go there and get licks, whats new? If Yorke, Edwards and Stern came back to play, what would it have accomplished? Yes it would be nice for us as fans to see our best in action, especially the US based trini's who have not seen the full squad play live and direct!

But lets support the other guys, however shitty they may be, hopefully there are a couple in that bunch, that show some class in the tournament and prove themselves ready for first team consideration on a regular basis... that to me would me a success.. no? agree?

In short, we already know what our senior pros can do.... lets don't make the same mistake the West Indies Selectors made... can't rely on our old heads forever, we need to continually introduce new talent at the highest level....

Have we ever actually won the gold cup?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:23:09 AM by marcus »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 09:31:58 AM »
What is important is that we use this tourament to get the core of the world cup team together to play in a competitive setting.

The next time this team will get together is for world cup qualifying.

The gold cup is crucial but not for Stern and York but for Jones Scotland Birchal, and then the youth coming through that made up the digicel cup.

The combination of the young players from 2006 and the new young players will determine if we make 2010 or not.

The gold cup would have made the best trial run for that.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 09:39:14 AM »
Too little too late...

I've cut my losses and have accepted that the best 11 will not represent TnT.  With all due respect, the Minister's two-cent contribution to the impasse is "minimal" at best.  There are no winners in this, absolutely no winners.    
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »
No comments, Ah have high blood pressure!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Missing players... how bad is it really?
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 11:06:02 AM »
How important is this gold cup really?

If we send a full strenght squad there, what is the major upside in the long run? I think this may be a blessing in disguise, give the young guys some experience, lets learn who can cope now rather than later? And by later I mean during WCQ, we don't want to be experimenting at that stage right...

If we go there and get licks, whats new? If Yorke, Edwards and Stern came back to play, what would it have accomplished? Yes it would be nice for us as fans to see our best in action, especially the US based trini's who have not seen the full squad play live and direct!

But lets support the other guys, however shitty they may be, hopefully there are a couple in that bunch, that show some class in the tournament and prove themselves ready for first team consideration on a regular basis... that to me would me a success.. no? agree?

In short, we already know what our senior pros can do.... lets don't make the same mistake the West Indies Selectors made... can't rely on our old heads forever, we need to continually introduce new talent at the highest level....

Have we ever actually won the gold cup?

The Gold Cup is the equivalent of the European Cup,African Nations Cup, Asian Cup etc.
The winner of the tournament gets invited to play in the prestigious confederations cup against much higher competition. We have to show that we are not only a Caribbean power, but a regional one as well. Introducing new talent is all well and good, but  sending our best available team/players is a must in this instance. Our player pool is not deep enough to blood young players in a tournament of this magnitude.
Oh and to answer your last question, no we have never won the gold cup.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 11:13:09 AM »
I really did not want to see all the w/c Squad in the mix. Wim had it right .
 The Digecil eleven with Carlos. Scotland. Jones, Birchall, Tallman and Roberts and maybe Ince- would have given Wim an idea of what 's ahead for Qualifiers.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 11:18:15 AM »
I really did not want to see all the w/c Squad in the mix. Wim had it right .
 The Digecil eleven with Carlos. Scotland. Jones, Birchall, Tallman and Roberts and maybe Ince- would have given Wim an idea of what 's ahead for Qualifiers.

I think we all will like to see this scenario, but the fact of the matter is that the players that you listed have either been blacklisted or are boycotting.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 12:07:13 PM »
So Boynes must pay the money that Jack owe so that the blacklist players must play. All yuh jokey yes. WE doh negotiate with terroist
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »
The Government HAS to come up with a list of DEMANDS that TTFF has to follow before the Government gives TTFF any money in the future.
But it ent go matter, because when the UNC get into power, they will give Jack ALL he wants.
UgoN C

Brethren. How ah bunch ah thieves go come up with ah solution or ah list of DEMANDs of how not to seal any money in the future? Come nah man.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »
West Coast when last u come home. UNC in power. Pleezeeeeeeeeeee be serious. Obama go quicker win in Missiisspi b4 that happen.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2007, 02:28:14 PM »
As far as I am concerned, Boynes shoulda been saying sumtin' loooooooooooooong time. If yuh is Minister ah sports and supposed to care about we sportsmen yuh go wait till de las' minute to jump in de ring to tell Jackula to ease up?  Is already too late man!!!!!    >:( >:( 

De team done lorse de Gold Cup arready, either because a second string goin' or becor greedy Jackula, lookin' fuh some TV rights morney to fill he pockets, trying to squeeze de blacklisted boys an' dem onto ah last minute chartered flight wit fellas having lorse de PERFECT condition dey was in havin' jess promoted Sunlun and dem.

Ah real vex.  >:(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2007, 09:04:25 AM »
Minister Boynes, ya too late with plan A what is plan B.  Btw, don't share out de tax payers monney....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »
So what de Minister sayin' now ...ehh. Steuppssss!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>