April 19, 2024, 05:23:38 AM

Author Topic: Liburd: FPATT urge T&TFF to climb down.  (Read 6288 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Liburd: FPATT urge T&TFF to climb down.
« on: June 06, 2007, 07:32:29 AM »
FPATT urge T&TFF to climb down.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Kevin Harrison, adviser to the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) and English Professional Footballers Association (PFA) financial advisor, has urged the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) to put patriotism before pride when dealing with its star players.
Sport Minister Roger Boynes met the "Soca Warriors" and T&TFF representatives in separate meetings Monday aimed at smoothing fraught relations between the parties, which led to 16 World Cup 2006 players being blacklisted from the 2007 Gold Cup squad and another four members declining a summons out of solidarity with their teammates.
Harrison, who visited Trinidad and Tobago last week to help the set up of FPATT, said the Federation should not lose sight of its positive role in local football despite the disagreement with the Warriors over World Cup bonus money.
"The Federation's prime concern has got to be the success of the national team," said Harrison. "If the children see the national team doing well, they are going to want to play football like their heroes. It gives the whole nation a buzz.
"To just not select 16 or 12 players is crazy. It is just self-destructive."
Harrison said FPATT was not created to "cause problems" but felt there was much room for improvement in the way players were treated. He explained that the local union considered the national players to be most vulnerable and planned to soon offer representation to the Warriors.
The days of footballers calling their own press conferences to address perceived slights may soon be over as Harrison envisions FPATT playing a leading role in future negotiations. For now, he wants the country's top players to return to the field as soon as possible.
He urged the T&TFF to do its best to represent the nation properly.
"The Federation must be man enough to stand up and say 'we want the best for our country'," he said. "So all this pride thing and this one-upsmanship, get it out of the way and just make a phone call. Sit around the table and see if you can resolve it."
Trinidad and Tobago play their first 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup match tomorrow when they face El Salvador in California. The national team were losing semi-finalists at the 2000 Gold Cup but failed to get out of their group or win a match in the 2002 and 2005 editions, while they did not qualify for the 2003 tournament.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:36:06 AM by Flex »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Liburd: FPATT urge T&TFF to climb down.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:29:10 AM »
Before the results, I blame de TTFF for our dismal and embarrassing showing in the Gold Cup and letting the people of Trinidad and Tobago down.It clearly shows they are not about country but themselves and pride.They have reap the rewards of Germany '06,something that all of them probable thought they would have never seen in there lifetime.So they don't care.I wish they will take their spoils and ride on out into the sunset.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 06:35:44 PM »
FPATT urge T&TFF to climb down.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Kevin Harrison....... has urged the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) to put patriotism before pride when dealing with its star players........

[u]"To just not select 16 or 12 players is crazy[/u]. It is just self-destructive."........

.......the local union considered the national players to be most vulnerable and planned to soon offer representation to the Warriors........

The days of footballers calling their own press conferences to address perceived slights may soon be over .............

Harrison envisions FPATT playing a leading role in future negotiations........ he wants the country's top players to return to the field as soon as possible....

He urged the T&TFF to do its best to represent the nation properly.....

"The Federation must be man enough to stand up and say 'we want the best for our country'," he said. "So all this pride thing and this one-upsmanship, get it out of the way and just make a phone call.......

Borse article. De more I see of FPATT, the more I like it. Sancho, Jack and de res' ah de crew, allyuh is visionaries dread.  :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Lasana, nuff respect! E-man, yuh is consistently top-notch dread. Yuh head orn.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:36:54 PM »
The commentator say if TTFF found out that ther ewas breech of contract FIFA could susspend th eTTFF. What is possibility of that happening? Hardly likely Jack and dem what they want but th elongets road have an end. I just hope that they find a good sport psychologist because dem guys go need it after they get beat up in the GC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 01:32:19 AM »
The commentator say if TTFF found out that ther ewas breech of contract FIFA could susspend th eTTFF. What is possibility of that happening? Hardly likely Jack and dem what they want but th elongets road have an end. I just hope that they find a good sport psychologist because dem guys go need it after they get beat up in the GC.
my take on that comment when I heard them say it was that they dont seem to have a clue that Jack, Blatter and Urs are TIGHT.

Maybe FPATT should contact GolTV and tell them the real story
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 06:51:18 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 07:17:08 AM »
my take on that comment when I heard them say it was that they dont seem to have a clue that Jack, Blatter and Urs are TIGHT.

Maybe FPATT should contact GolTV and tell them the real story

I found the commentators on GOLTV were on the ball, an aware of "wha time it is". I was wondering if FPATT had already filled dem in, ah was telling fridge is either that or dreamer does wuk dey...seriously doh, sounded like they did their homework/ an understood the Jacklist, on a lighter note, ah particularly liked when one of dem say Spann throw ah spanner in El Salvador works...and another say he mechanic also name Petrotrin

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 07:22:30 AM »
MaxG, I found that they could not seem to make up their minds up if the missing World Cup players were Jacklisted or on strike.
But then again my sound was more off than on ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:24:26 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 07:26:02 AM »
MaxG, I found that they could not seem to make up their minds up if the missing players were Jacklisted or on strike

I an all didn't know for awhile either, buh ah still think they covered both scenarios diplomatically, especially while the game was going on

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 07:43:53 AM »
COuld we even at this late stage get these guys in for the next game?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 09:22:11 AM »
I do not believe that they were put on the player list for TnT

[size=04pt]Jackula....haul ya armen nuh[/size]
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 11:03:51 AM »
I do not believe that they were put on the player list for TnT

[size=04pt]Jackula....haul ya armen nuh[/size]

Fu*kin Jackula and Cu*tsCamps
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 11:46:30 AM »
If i see jack, me and Andrew Jenning will jump him and give him a good cutarse

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »
In 2007 I eh excusing nobodyyyyyyyyyyy who eh have the story correct. It have internet and information 4 the world to know. So dem fellas eh know taht Jack and Blatter is syamese and they eh have no plan to seperate dem. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee then them eh journalist them is morons
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 04:15:27 AM »
Unfortunateley Weary, it works like this.....Does a journo do a piece about T&T that runs for one day and burns all his FIFA contacts, or keeps quiet knowing that without good contacts at FIFA, his days as a soccer journo are over?? Only the brave truly believe in justice.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 06:52:26 AM »
Unfortunateley Weary, it works like this.....Does a journo do a piece about T&T that runs for one day and burns all his FIFA contacts, or keeps quiet knowing that without good contacts at FIFA, his days as a soccer journo are over?? Only the brave truly believe in justice.

Like Lasana Liburd..... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 01:20:56 PM »

Like Lasana Liburd..... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Exactly. But unfortunately, as he is the only journalist speaking the truth, to the outside world it looks like he has a personal agenda. Otherwise, other journos in T&T would be speaking out. They don't know about the editorial control in T&T. If you read four articles and one is completely different, which would you believe? But Lisana must continue his campaign as his is the only voice of truth to be heard.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 09:31:11 AM »
what ever happened to roger boynes and his meetings???????

why is everyone in football sticking so much?

preety soon pre season willl be starting

stern and company have to report to keano to prepare for game one and earn their starts among the new incoming players

scotty have to go and look for a house and ting and move from scotland

birchall have to regain fitness and train evenharder to gain a plce even on the bench

sancho have to find a club

man when them men gone who roger go meet with??

AURTIS??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »
what ever happened to roger boynes and his meetings???????

why is everyone in football sticking so much?

preety soon pre season willl be starting

stern and company have to report to keano to prepare for game one and earn their starts among the new incoming players

scotty have to go and look for a house and ting and move from scotland

birchall have to regain fitness and train evenharder to gain a plce even on the bench

sancho have to find a club

man when them men gone who roger go meet with??

AURTIS??

Unfortunately, TTFF have got no need to rush. Maybe Boynes been pushing for meeting but his agenda and TTFF not compatible. Anyway, I heard they met today, so when there is some news I will let you know.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 08:01:16 AM »
thanks alot man but is really time for this ting to stop
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>