April 19, 2024, 05:11:15 AM

Author Topic: Mexico vs Honduras.  (Read 13018 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mexico vs Honduras.
« on: June 10, 2007, 02:28:45 PM »
Honduras beat power-house Mexico.
By: Brian Trusdell (AP Writer).

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Carlos Costly scored two second-half goals -- including the winner in injury time -- to lift Honduras over four-time champion Mexico 2-1 Sunday and revive its hopes of advancing to the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Both of Costly's goals came after Mexico was reduced to 10 men in the 49th minute when Cuauhtemoc Blanco was expelled for elbowing defender Samuel Caballero in front of the Honduran goal as the two jostled for position awaiting a Mexican corner kick. Caballero nudged Blanco, who reacted with an elbow to the Honduran's midsection.
Caballero immediately fell and Costa Rican referee Walter Quezada consulted with his linesman before retrieving his red card from his back pocket.
Costly equalized in the 60th, running onto a through ball from Amado Guevara that almost reached the byline and hitting a left-footed shot into the far-side netting. He headed the winner 16 seconds into injury time off a cross from Emilio Izaguirre, leaving Mexican goalkeeper Oswaldo Sanchez flat-footed.
"Honduras can't dream yet about winning the Gold Cup," Costly said. "This is historic. I'm elated about the victory, but we have to keep our feet on the ground."
The loss was the third in eight games -- and first in a competitive match -- for Mexican manager Hugo Sanchez, who complained bitterly about the natural grass field at Giants Stadium after Friday night's 2-1 victory over Cuba.
"The key was Blanco's expulsion," Sanchez said. "They were provoking him the whole game. On the corner, they spat on him. They were intelligent and he fell into the trap."
The victory left Honduras, Mexico and Panama tied atop Group C with three points pending a match later Sunday between Panama and Cuba.
It was Honduras manager Reinaldo Rueda's second victory over Mexico in the Gold Cup. He was in charge of Colombia in 2005 when it defeated El Tri 2-1 in the quarterfinals.
"It was a beautiful result, but now it's history and we have to start thinking about Cuba," Rueda said.
Group C play moves to Houston on Wednesday when Mexico faces Panama and Honduras takes on Cuba.
Two teams from each of the three groups advance along with the two best third-place teams.
While hardly dominant, Mexico controlled the match until Blanco's expulsion. But the goal by Costly, who also scored in injury time in Friday's loss, invigorated the Hondurans and the Giants Stadium crowd of 68,123 -- evenly split between Mexican and Honduran fans.
Mexico had most of the possession and momentum until the 13th minute, when Carlos Pavon was brought down by goalkeeper Oswaldo Sanchez. The Mexican keeper appeared to get a finger to a through ball, but also tripped the Honduran captain.
Honduras failed to capitalize, however, when Guevara sent the ensuing penalty off the left post.
Mexico regained control and earned a penalty of its own in the 29th minute when left back Izaguirre kicked the ankles of Alberto Medina, bringing down the midfielder at the corner of the penalty area.
Blanco converted the penalty and Mexico appeared headed for a second victory in three days.
Sanchez used only three starters from Friday night's victory, while Honduras returned nine of the 11 players from the Panama loss.

Line-ups:

HONDURAS:
Orlin Vallecillo; Emilio Izaguirre, Maynor Figueroa, Samuel Caballero, Oscar Bonieck Garcia; Emil Martinez (Jairo Martinez, 75), Amado Guevara (Carlos Oliva, 84), Jorge Aaron Claros, Jorge Edgar Alvarez; Carlos Costly, Carlos Pavon.

MEXICO: Oswaldo Sanchez; Ricardo Osorio, Jose Jonny Magallon, Roman Morales (Franciso Rodriguez, 63); Pavel Pardo, Alberto Medina, Gerardo Torado, Jose Andres Guardado (Fernando Arce, 72); Omar Bravo, Cuauhtemoc Blanco.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 07:20:52 PM by Flex »

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico vs Hond; Panama vs Cuba
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:39:50 PM »
they won't upset Mexico if they don't take their chances, they've already missed a penalty
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 02:40:17 PM »
1-0 to Mexico :)
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 04:03:07 PM »
Hounduras 2-1 over Mexico end of second half coming up soon..extra time

Costly scored 2

Hounduras won 2-1

right now is 0-0 cuba Panama
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 04:19:02 PM by truetrini »

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 04:24:08 PM »
FT.  Honduras 2 – 1  Mexico.

A well deserved victory.    Most of the second half was played in Mex’s half.   Honduras is technically sound and they run a lot more than us.   When folks are saying that our team is O.K and they only need a little more exposure, etc, it seems as though people are not looking closely at the other competitors.  Our teams should be able to match the technical standard of a team like Honduras.

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 04:45:33 PM »
1-1 cuba jes equalize

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 05:11:53 PM »
1 - 1 HT Panama vs Cuba
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »
1 - 1 HT Panama vs Cuba

dat is ah full tme score

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 05:17:16 PM »
so it is a replay that I am watching then?
i jez came in from cutlashin/Scytheing meh bush ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 05:23:50 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 05:21:47 PM »
so it is a replay that I am watching then?
i jez came in from cutlashin meh bush ;D

nah ah kicksing is only half time..and panama rest ah goal in quick time.

2-1

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 06:02:39 PM »
FT.  Honduras 2 – 1  Mexico.

A well deserved victory.    Most of the second half was played in Mex’s half.   Honduras is technically sound and they run a lot more than us.   When folks are saying that our team is O.K and they only need a little more exposure, etc, it seems as though people are not looking closely at the other competitors.  Our teams should be able to match the technical standard of a team like Honduras.

I was taking in de Honduras-Mexico game and thought de same thing about our team being able to match Honduras' technical ability......ent we playing dem in de WCQ's just now??.....I really feel reality eh biting some ah we as yet......but we goh see.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 06:42:06 PM »
Baloy take ah penalty in de 89th min dat would make Beckham proud.  ;D ;)

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 06:47:16 PM »
Baloy take ah penalty in de 89th min dat would make Beckham proud.  ;D ;)

yeah boy savannah...he cost Panama de game.

2-2

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 06:50:46 PM »
how d hell all dem other teams performing and our team sucks like monkey balls  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 07:25:21 PM »
how d hell all dem other teams performing and our team sucks like monkey balls  ???

Simple.  The other teams for the most part brought their best players.  We didn't.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico vs Honduras.
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 07:34:56 PM »
Dat fella was messing with Blanco all de time.  He was actually blowing on he neck hard all de time on set plays.  Blanco kept giving him cut eye right thru.  Yuh coulda see dat one coming from de start.  Ah really doh think he spat on him.  Dey showed dem close up...look like blowing to me.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 07:36:54 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 07:38:15 PM »

Simple.  The other teams for the most part brought their best players.  We didn't.

stueps boy it fustrating  :(
Dat fella was messing with Blanco all de time.  He was actually blowing on he neck hard all de time on set plays.  Blanco kept giving him cut eye right thru.  Yuh coulda see dat one coming from de start.  Ah really doh think he spat on him.  Dey showed dem close up...look like blowing to me.

omg man blowing on next man neck in football game, i woulda slap him, but i might of get send off lol :-\
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 07:42:44 PM »
it look so to my wife and I :devil:
he mess wid he Good ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 07:44:51 PM »

Yeah..but are Haiti, Guadeloupe and Cuba that changed from the Digicel Cup. We played a B team then too and got results. Yet these teams are simply playing better football..forget results. They are fitter and better prepared. Seems like our players are farting around in the PFL. Their clubs are not keeping them at a level of fitness required for international football. And why are these teams willing to try to play technically, quick attractive football. T&T has not produced an 'A' team that has tried that in years. We've been playing unattractive long ball for years, especially against tough teams. Last night I saw Cuba come at Mexico with quick attractive soccer. Great decision making, excellent organization. Unfortunately a goalkeeping blunder cost them the tie. THere are so many people here who swear that we have the most talented players anywhere..but T&T does not play the type of football that technically gifted players play. Why is that? It puzzles me...why do we play long ball against decent teams. Even a complete and utter shite team like El Salvador trying to pass the ball along the ground..quick one twos, good movement off the ball..trying to develop a technical style of ball....and they are utter crap...steeups. Forget the results..what is up with where our style of ball headed.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »
we suck plain and simple
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 09:34:56 PM »
Cuathemoc Blanco is ah bitch...plain and simple.  Probably ah bigger bitch than his coach Hugo Sanchez.  Caballero was d-ing his ass up all game and getting inside he head.  I doh know that he was blowing on his neck...look like he was 'sooting' him...juss facking wid him.  Definitely look like Blanco spat on him, from the way Caballero reacted.

Good fuh bitch-ass Blanco...good fuh bitch-ass, diving-ass, crying-ass Mexico.

1]; } ?>