April 16, 2024, 10:07:47 AM

Author Topic: Fans acknowledge Gold Cup Warriors.  (Read 11192 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Fans acknowledge Gold Cup Warriors.
« on: June 14, 2007, 01:31:09 AM »
Fans Acknowledge Gold Cup Warriors
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Skipper Densill Theobald and teammates may have been a little surprised about the reception they received from a section of the Trinidad and Tobago fans as they exited the pitch following Tuesday’s gutsy 1-1 draw with Guatemala at the Foxboro Stadium, Boston.
Match officials said close to 900 tickets were allotted for T&T fans and many of them were positioned to the left corner of the field near the tunnel, waving flags, blowing horns and beating iron singing “Ole. Ole ole ole” in soca style with outstretched hands towards the players who closed in to acknowledge them. Defender Christon Baptiste lost his shin pad in the process but he didn’t mind it after experiencing his first Gold Cup.
“I had it in one of my hands and I raised it while we were walking off.. next thing I know it gone yes!” the Defence Force player said. “But I didn’t mind because I think all of us felt real good to see how they came out and show us that support.”
It was heartening for Theobald and experienced striker Gary Glasgow to see the red shirts in the stands in spite of the missing World Cup players.
“I think we got a lot of love from the fans even though some of the more popular guys were not around. Unfortunately we couldn’t get the result to carry us to the second round but I think we showed a lot of heart in the games especially the final one and we can take something positive away with us,” Theobald told TTFF Media.
Glasgow added “I mean a lot of people maybe expected the team to get destroyed but we showed that we could hold our own. Right through people were wishing us well even non Trinis like in the hotels and the airport. And it’s good to see even the foreigners recognizing us as Trinidad and Tobago and congratulating us for the last result,” Glasgow said as he waited to board the connecting American Airline flight from Miami to Port of Spain on Wednesday.  He however had to remain at the Airport’s Regency Hotel overnight with the rest of the T&T contingent though as the flight was pushed back for a Thursday morning departure as even as passengers had their seatbelts on, the pilot announced that he couldn’t depart for Piarco due curfew time of 10pm due to runway repairs. The flight’s departure time had already been slightly delayed causing the push back.

Warner: A well kept principled stand.

Jack Warner wished to publicly commend the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation for its principled stand in resisting being blackmailed by certain players going into the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Warner said the decision to stick with a squad minus several of the World Cup players turned out to be far from disastrous for the country at the international tournament based on the courageous showing of the team.
“As President of CONCACAF, under whom the Gold Cup, our highest competition comes, I am proud of the performance of Trinidad & Tobago in the circumstances especially in its final drawn match last night against Guatemala when it played the match with 10 men for all of 58 minutes and were able to earn a draw and I will publicly say so at a function specially called for that purpose.
“I want to publicly commend you both, and, by extension, your entire Executive Committee and Federation, for the principled stand you guys have taken in resisting being blackmailed into doing what could never have been right for your country and/or your Federation by bending to the will of a mercenary few,” Warner commented in a statement to TTFF President Oliver Camps and General Secretary Richard Groden.
“I have made the point repeatedly that the Head Coach and his Assistant have been hired to coach the National Team of Trinidad & Tobago and not the Soca Warriors of yesteryear who, if available for selection on the National Team, are also to be coached.”
Warner added that efforts will continue to arrange a line of international matches for the T&T team. The team is scheduled to arrive home at 11:30am Thursday on AA1819 from Miami.

Photo shows the T&T players being warmly received by the fans after the 1-1 draw with Guatemala

« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 12:36:21 PM by Flex »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Fans Acknowledge Gold Cup Warriors
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 01:50:33 AM »
By: TTFF Propaganda Machine
::) ::)
“I want to publicly commend you both, and, by extension, your entire Executive Committee and Federation, for the principled stand you guys have taken in resisting being blackmailed into doing what could never have been right for your country and/or your Federation by bending to the will of a mercenary few,” Warner commented in a statement to TTFF President Oliver Camps and General Secretary Richard Groden.  :o :o

boy, how do you sleep at night  :liar:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:26:24 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 03:22:08 AM »
I convince now.........Warner is a mad man living in a fools paradise.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 04:32:22 AM »
I simply cannot understand how a man in Mr Warners position can openly make a slanderous statement such as that. He is bringing the gami into disrepute.

HE is the blackmailer. Remember, he is withholding money that he agreed to pay. He has decided to blacklist the players. The original 16 players have never refused to play!

I can only believe he is calling Stern, Scottie Clayton Ince and Dwight Yorke blackmailers, as they refused to play in support of their colleagues.

This is the most innacurate, inflamatory statement Mr Warner has made over this issue.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 04:46:45 AM »
I simply cannot understand how a man in Mr Warners position can openly make a slanderous statement such as that. He is bringing the gami into disrepute.
HE is the blackmailer. Remember, he is withholding money that he agreed to pay. He has decided to blacklist the players. The original 16 players have never refused to play!
I can only believe he is calling Stern, Scottie Clayton Ince and Dwight Yorke blackmailers, as they refused to play in support of their colleagues.
This is the most innacurate, inflamatory statement Mr Warner has made over this issue.
I am not surprised in the least
Mr Warner has expressed the vilest (tending to degrade) of opinions, but in a very business like way, giving those who are not familiar with the situation the impression that HE is RIGHT resulting in them just swallowing everything he says.
He is president of CONCACAF and a VP of FIFA, ya know
HE MUST BE RIGHT, SURELY ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:02:45 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 05:08:22 AM »
Mercenary Few= What a thing. Players not given Money to travel to Boston. Maybe this B team needs to strike as well. This not looking good .

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 06:09:25 AM »
I really can't believe the this man. We need to get this man out of Trinidad and Tobago football fast. He sickening my stomach right this minute. How he can turn around and make a statement like that is beyond me.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 07:04:08 AM »
I notice they aint even put the name warrior nation anyway

when in fact is was the warrior nation that sell that "900" tickets

we so good we even get Guatemalans to buy some.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »
"SOCA WARRIORS OF YESTERYEAR "

WHAT THE F$%$%^ WRONG WITH STINKING MAN BOY

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 07:28:55 AM »
“the thing  made the point repeatedly that the Head Coach and his Assistant have been hired to coach the National Team of Trinidad & Tobago and not the Soca Warriors of yesteryear who, if available for selection on the National Team, are also to be coached.”

the thing added that efforts will continue to arrange a line of international matches for the T&T team.

THAT man name should be banished from this board , he should be mentioned as the thing .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 07:48:27 AM »
“the thing  made the point repeatedly that the Head Coach and his Assistant have been hired to coach the National Team of Trinidad & Tobago and not the Soca Warriors of yesteryear who, if available for selection on the National Team, are also to be coached.”

the thing added that efforts will continue to arrange a line of international matches for the T&T team.

THAT man name should be banished from this board , he should be mentioned as the thing .

Nah nah Jackula is just the right name.  I doh really know how men like dat does sleep at night knowing dat dey bleeding de football community dry..... ::) ::) ::)
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 08:03:06 AM »
LEAVE MIH BOY!

-JW

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 09:46:04 AM »
"TTF Propaganda Machine"  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Wais da one, e-man?  :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 10:07:19 AM »

“I had it in one of my hands and I raised it while we were walking off next thing I know it gone yes!” the Defence Force player said.

Ah miss Trini....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 10:24:39 AM »
I keep telling everyone that this guy is a train wreck..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 10:28:15 AM »
Alluh ian't tired of talking? lewwe do somthing. talk is real fackin cheap, no more talk,is action time, that is all them boy understand.  fack the ole talk.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 10:36:35 AM »
we should tone down our Rhetoric ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 10:39:18 AM »
You should go to FIFA.com and read the section on ethics. Then come back to me and explain how Warner has not stuck to 6 of their articles, yet is still not been made to resign.

I suggest we email/write to FIFA ethics committee and call for his resignation, stating the ethics article he has broken.  

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
You should go to FIFA.com and read the section on ethics. Then come back to me and explain how Warner has not stuck to 6 of their articles, yet is still not been made to resign.

I suggest we email/write to FIFA ethics committee and call for his resignation, stating the ethics article he has broken.  
If you can get FIFA to do that I will shave all my body hair, paint a sign on my body that says "Thank you Sepp Blatter", and run around on the main street of my home town in my birthday suit.

with all due respect, FIFA will NEVER do that.

FIFA recently FIRED Dr. Urs Linsi as FIFA General Secretary and Scotsman John McBeth as a FIFA vice-president,  :o
 did you miss that news? ;)

look the FIFA Ethics Committee website here Good Luck in emailing the Ethics Committee.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 03:26:48 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 10:46:19 AM »
It had people in place while the game was going on adn they did not walk wid not one banner not even ah marker ,ah jus dont understand it .when this man is making ah speech in any stadium and we have supporters dey turn yuh back fur him . leh the media pick it up . father yuh know how much ah hate dat mother ffact ker.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 11:06:46 AM »
“I want to publicly commend you both, and, by extension, your entire Executive Committee and Federation, for the principled stand you guys have taken in resisting being blackmailed into doing what could never have been right for your country and/or your Federation by bending to the will of a mercenary few,” Warner commented in a statement to TTFF President Oliver Camps and General Secretary Richard Groden. :o :o

boy, how do you sleep at night  :liar:

On a bed made of money......

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 01:19:11 PM »
Everytime i hear Jackula ah is just do so :frustrated: :frustrated: and :cursing: :cursing:  Noh Lie!!
All American

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 02:23:21 PM »

mad no ass!!!!!!!! >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 03:01:59 PM »

mad....like ah fox maybe

while everybody hand wringin and emotional, jack droppin it cool and detached like ah true vampire

notice de only time jack does get upset and go whining to the media is when he does have to talk about how much money he put out and how much time he re-mortgage he coffin house

Yuh hadda drive ah fiscal stake in dis vampire chest....dat is where de government come in
All funding have to done......men have to ban dey belly and mentally walk away from the notion of 2010 in south africa
But if boynes cut de funding clean,,,jack go turn on de "dem pnm doh want we to reach 2010" PR campaign...dais political suicide
If the players who played in 06 willin to walk away through protest...who is we
But since trini mentality ensures that go never happen....as the saying goes 'the beatings will continue until morale improves'

"We like it so"--Sparrow
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »

mad....like ah fox maybe

while everybody hand wringin and emotional, jack droppin it cool and detached like ah true vampire

notice de only time jack does get upset and go whining to the media is when he does have to talk about how much money he put out and how much time he re-mortgage he coffin house

Yuh hadda drive ah fiscal stake in dis vampire chest....dat is where de government come in
All funding have to done......men have to ban dey belly and mentally walk away from the notion of 2010 in south africa
But if boynes cut de funding clean,,,jack go turn on de "dem pnm doh want we to reach 2010" PR campaign...dais political suicide
If the players who played in 06 willin to walk away through protest...who is we
But since trini mentality ensures that go never happen....as the saying goes 'the beatings will continue until morale improves'

"We like it so"--Sparrow

:applause:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 03:52:46 PM »
Dutty that is so true, but dont you think that there is somthing else we can do that might be less drastic that could bring about some positive feed back instead of doing without football for the next 4 yrs. ah mean if that is the only alterntive then so be it, we suck salt. but i think since it's an election year , we could twist an arm or two to our benifit. i believe if we send a deligation to roger boynes with the intention to resolve the impass in the form of dialoge or stipulations on the distribution of govt funds to TTFF with certin terms and condition of how the funds maybe used, which includes ending the impass, re instating the WC players and the accepting of PFATT. and if that does'nt work, then we organize a national rally through P.O.S. also a day of national strike on the same day, just like how the country shut down for the WC when we quallified, the same shouild be done in this case. trinigagonians are followers, so i believe if we advertise on the radio or on tv6 and the local new papers we could bring out a fair amount of ppl, the possibility exist that we may even get sponsers to pick up the tab. but we won't know until we try.    positive.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 04:11:41 PM by Tallman »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pics of the players acknolwledging the fans
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »

CLICK HERE for more...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 05:31:31 PM »
well as one man put it.  900 tickets sold.  3 whole matches.  and not one picture of a protest flag or banner.   I guess everybody had a good time.  I done.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 05:38:14 PM »
well as one man put it.  900 tickets sold.  3 whole matches.  and not one picture of a protest flag or banner.   I guess everybody had a good time.  I done.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 05:44:25 PM »

lol all know its that sell out Shawn Fuentes wrote this crap

1]; } ?>