April 19, 2024, 06:44:30 AM

Author Topic: Caribbean F1 man  (Read 55394 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caribbean F1 man
« on: March 23, 2007, 08:56:14 PM »
Any body been reading the post reports on lewis hamilton?...yes ah know he english but ah fightin up he roots

onl after one race...de yute acquit himself so well, they mentioining his style his reminiscent of villleneuve...not jacques but gilles  (yes ah went for ah jack and jill pun dey)  :D

but seriously to be compared to gilles villeneuve after one race is amazing....it would be 4kin stunning if he could win one race as a rookie

oh and check out shell's latest commercial...real hardcore

listen to the old school v12 bark through the gears....sound will raise yuh pores

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMUGzGzmGJs
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:06:37 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Carribbean F1 man
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 07:32:48 PM »
he actually drove a good race that night and woulda probably taken 2nd if wasnt for team strategy.
remember they go obviously push Alonso for world champion
i ent see him really winning a race unless both Raiko and Alonso dnf..but the team will want him to be on the podium for at least half the season's races for the sake of the constructors title.

talking bout constructors..yuh think Renault go make a note this year?
it really look like Ferrari have a faster package..probably cause ah their continous partnership with de Bridgestones.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 01:24:07 PM »
I hope renault get on bad this year

ah tired ah seein dem red car on de podiums for de past 8 years
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 06:58:54 PM »
Lawd have mercy  :applause:

if dis hamilton fellah doh win at least one race dis season ah go eat piece ah  mih draws ..and post de pics on de board

anybody watch dat race today??...de boy cuttin man on de inside and outside corners...in ONLY he 2nd F1 race

put massa in de gravel like carlos edwards sharin beat  :notworthy:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 07:14:42 PM »

if dis hamilton fellah doh win at least one race dis season ah go eat piece ah  mih draws ..and post de pics on de board

anybody watch dat race today??...de boy cuttin man on de inside and outside corners...in ONLY he 2nd F1 race

staying up last night was certainly worth it in between the doze offs  ;D
de man show he could handle he stories..nice move for the 1st corner, then had Massa on hold for the 6 laps or so and coming down to the end with the pressure from Kimi
ah like how he holding he line and not backing off..them other fellas driving like wimps lol
ah feel he go be the victim of team orders if Kimi still in contention mid season though.
so he father family Trini or Grenadian?

boy like somethign wrong with Renault..ahha..ah feel is cause Fred Alonso not with them anymore  ;D
Feliz

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 07:40:14 PM »

ah like how he holding he line and not backing off..them other fellas driving like wimps lol
ah feel he go be the victim of team orders if Kimi still in contention mid season though.

boy like somethign wrong with Renault..ahha..ah feel is cause Fred Alonso not with them anymore  ;D

yeah, yuh probably right...it go be like a schumacher and barrichelo situation

renault loss on power is surprising....but who shock me even more is BMW...if is one ting dem Mpower engines known for is killer speed on the straights to make up lap times

will be an interesting season

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 05:28:29 AM »
Bahrian race going and start
ah feel Hamilton go take this one..Massa go be ah goat on that first corner again ;D
Feliz

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »
won't make a comment about how "massa still on top"  :D  excellent achievement for lewis hamilton. man break a 43-year old record!!!

==

Massa gets win; Hamilton makes history at Bahrain GP

Associated Press

SAKHIR, Bahrain -- Felipe Massa of Ferrari won the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday, and Lewis Hamilton of McLaren finished second, becoming the first driver to start his Formula One career with three straight top-three finishes.

Formula One Standings
   Driver Car Points
T-1.  Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 22
T-1.  Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 22
T-1.  Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 22
4.  Felipe Massa Ferrari 17
5.  Nick Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 15
6.  Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 8
7.  Jarno Trulli Toyota 4
8.  Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 3
9.  Nico Rosberg Williams 2
T-10.  Heikki Kovalainen Renault 1
T-10.  Ralf Schumacher Toyota 1
(Standings through three races) 

Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari was third, and Nick Heidfeld of BMW-Sauber was fourth.

Hamilton, Formula One's first black driver, finished third at the Australian GP and second at the Malaysian GP. The previous best start to an F1 career was Peter Arundell with two podiums in two starts in 1964.

"I think it is a fantastic achievement, another to add to my career," Hamilton said. "I am extremely proud."

The next challenge for the 22-year-old rookie is to become one of the few F1 drivers to win a race in his first season. The last driver to do so was Juan Pablo Montoya in 2001.

Massa won in 1 hour, 33 minutes, 27.515 seconds. Hamilton was 2.360 seconds behind.

"I really enjoyed the race today and with a few more laps I might have been able to challenge Felipe for the lead," Hamilton said.

After dominating testing and taking two consecutive pole positions, Massa gained his first victory of the season and third of his career. He was the third winner in three races this season.

"The results of first two races was not what I expected," Massa said. "Something was missing. ... I had a bit of mistakes. This time we put everything together."

Two-time defending world champion Fernando Alonso was fifth, creating a three-way tie in the drivers' standings. Alonso, Hamilton and Raikkonen each have 22 points, but Alonso and Raikkonen have already won this season. Massa is next with 17 points.

"This was not a great race for me but these things happen. I was struggling for pace and overall grip, which means you can't drive the car as well as you would like," Alonso said. "You always start the race believing you can win but after six or seven laps I knew that would be tough."

On a hazy day with swirling winds changing track conditions, Massa led virtually all the way, just dropping out of first on the two pit stops.

Massa had made mistakes from the pole in the last race. He was beat into the first turn by Alonso and Hamilton, then dropped to fifth when he went off the track trying to pass Hamilton on the sixth lap.

This time he held first through the first turn with Hamilton and Alonso second and third.

"The best race is to get a good start," Massa said. "And to finish in the front."

However, an accident between Jenson Button and Scott Speed brought out the safety car for two laps and Massa could not break free in the slower pace.

The cars went back up to speed on the fourth lap and the top four drew away from the rest of the field.

After 10 laps, Massa led by about a second over Hamilton, and Alonso was holding off Raikkonen.

"Unfortunately I didn't get as good as start as Felipe," Hamilton said. "I just had to make sure to stay as close as possible to him."

Massa led by more than 8 seconds over Hamilton by the 30th lap with Raikkonen 10 seconds back and Alonso fading.

Heidfeld then passed Alonso on lap 32 with a neat move on the outside.

By lap 39, Massa was cruising with a 10-second lead over Hamilton, but Raikkonen was just a second back of Hamilton.

Hamilton closed to within 3 seconds at the end, but never challenged Massa.

Raikkonen ended up 10.8 seconds back in third, and Heidfeld was fourth for the third consecutive race with Alonso running out of laps to overtake him.

After races in Australia, Malaysia and Bahrain, the series moves to Europe for the Spanish Grand Prix on May 13.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 03:39:47 PM »
Button in terrible F1 accident
ha ha ha ha
thanks to Hue Jorgan  on the RTG Forum
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 03:41:43 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 04:16:59 PM »
Button in terrible F1 accident
ha ha ha ha
thanks to Hue Jorgan  on the RTG Forum

well ah was now going and say 'that' accident this morning wasn't 'that' bad  ;D
Feliz

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 04:31:45 PM »

Everything I read in the German language press mentions his dad emigrated from Trinidad, but the English language press says his father is Grenadian - I tend to believe the English is more acurate - but it could mean he was a Grenadian who live in Trinidad before emigrating to England  ;)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »
"Lewis Hamilton's paternal grandparents emigrated to the United Kingdom from the Caribbean island of Grenada in the 1950s"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Hamilton
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 11:58:43 AM »
won't make a comment about how "massa still on top"  :D  excellent achievement for lewis hamilton.

Ah bracin for de day some when he win, and some tabloid cheeze up dey headline

'Black driver beats Massa '
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 12:00:19 PM by Dutty »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »
"Lewis Hamilton's paternal grandparents emigrated to the United Kingdom from the Caribbean island of Grenada in the 1950s"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Hamilton

Yuh know I could easily go in to wiki-p and edit dat

I hear he gramps is ah trini.....I stickin wit dat rumor  :D

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 06:23:02 PM »
won't make a comment about how "massa still on top"  :D  excellent achievement for lewis hamilton.

oh shucks  ;D
ah now get it Ribbit  :rotfl:

ah was thinking bout editing the Wiki thing too  :devil:
yeah we go stick with the story that he grandfather is ah Trini  ;)
Feliz

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 09:25:23 PM »
and in de same week he retire and de headline say
"Massa F1 day done"  ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:33:49 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Lewis Hamilton - Rookie F1 Driver
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 05:19:52 AM »
Lewis Hamilton has become the first rookie to podium in five straight races. 

He is going for number six at the Grand Prix in Montreal on Sunday.

He has been called the Tiger Woods of auto racing.

He is a small-town English boy who became the first black Formula One driver.

Driven to Succeed
With equal parts talent and charisma, Formula One’s Lewis Hamilton may just be the next Tiger Woods
BY MICHAEL TRAIKOSin Toronto
National Post mtraikos@nationalpost.com

Lewis Hamilton can manoeuvre a singleseat race car through hairpin turns under hard braking and down straightaways at speeds of 300 km/h. But off the track, the Formula One driver has to let someone else do the driving. Team orders, he explained. “Unfortunately enough, we get a driver who takes us around,” said Hamilton, who blamed his chauffeur for being nearly 40 minutes late for a scheduled interview at Hugo Boss in Yorkville earlier this week in advance of tomorrow’s Grand Prix of Canada in Montreal.

Had Hamilton been negotiating the downtown traffic, it would have been a different story. In his first F-1 season, the 22-year-old’s development as a champion racer has been far ahead of schedule. But off the track, he is still learning the nuances of being a hot commodity for one of the richest teams in one of the world’s biggest sports.

“I usually drive everywhere,” he said. “But you can understand what it’s like when you get stuck in traffic for hours. It’s stressful and it drains your energy. You don’t need that when you’ve got to race Formula One races.”

Ever since he climbed into the cockpit of a Formula One race car this season, the powers-thatbe at Team McLaren-Mercedes have been steering his career.

Although he drives for a highprofile team with two-time defending world champion Fernando Alonso as a teammate, no one would have predicted Hamilton’s quick success in the first five races of the season and the steep upswing in attention from fans and reporters.

He began the season with a third-place finish in Australia, followed by four straight secondplace finishes. He is the first rookie to place on the podium in his first five races and became the youngest driver to lead the championship race after the season’s fourth race in Spain. He is currently tied with Alonso with 38 points after Alonso’s win at the Monaco Grand Prix two weeks ago.

With the sudden success, McLaren has had to create strategies for his career on the fly.

That not only includes telling Hamilton what he can and cannot do on the track, but what he can and cannot say off it.

In Monaco, the rookie created controversy when he was reportedly ordered by team director Ron Dennis to “hold position” rather than try and pass Alonso for the checkered flag. Hamilton, searching for his maiden F-1 victory, was understandably upset.

“I was told to take it easy,” he told reporters after the race. “It is something I have to live with. I’ve number two on my car and I am the number two driver.”

Hamilton’s blunt post-race response was fodder for the British dailies, which went as far as to claim that his team had told the young Brit: “We won’t let you win the Monaco Grand Prix.”

His comments also drew the ire of Formula One president/ CEO Bernie Ecclestone, who accused McLaren of fixing the race. FIA, the sport’s governing body, investigated but found no wrongdoing in the team’s tactics.

That has not stopped his employer from trying to curb his public pronouncements.

In an attempt to avoid a similar misstep, reporters were told this week to refrain from asking questions about the following topics: the Monaco incident, the relationship between himself and Alonso, and Hamilton’s skin colour.

Once again, the request came from his team — not Hamilton.

“I don’t see anything that I said was wrong,” he said while a McLaren official stood nearby.

“You definitely have to watch what you say always. I said what I was feeling. I think [the media] came very hard on the team.”

Such orders also draw criticism from outside the McLaren ranks.

“This thing about Ron Dennis trying to keep him away from the press is not necessarily the best thing for the lad,” said retired Formula One driver David Hobbs, who now works as a commentator for the Speed Channel.

“I think from [Dennis’] point of view, he’s trying to protect Lewis from getting too carried away and believing his own press, which tends to spoil some people. I think Ron thinks he’s doing him a favour. But I’m not sure he is.”

For Hamilton, a small-town English boy who became the first black Formula One driver, living by someone else’s rules may just be worth it if it means living out his racing dreams.

“For the last 13 years, I’ve built up expectations for if, and when, I got to Formula One,” Hamilton said. “So you get to Formula One and the expectations are even greater. It’s incredible the pressure you have from the team because you have to perform for the team, as well as the amount of sponsors you have. The whole weekend is extremely intense. And you have to balance it all out and still have time to keep that mental energy to do a whole hour-and-a-half race … [It’s] way beyond anything I’ve ever experienced.”

Tomorrow’s Grand Prix of Canada at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve will be yet another new experience for Hamilton. But based on his track record, he may be nearing the top of the learning curve.

Hamilton, who has been called the Tiger Woods of auto racing, knows how to win. And, like the golfer, he is supremely confident in his abilities. When he was still racing go-karts around Hertfordshire, he boldly told Dennis that he would drive for him one day. Two years later, the prediction came true as the McLaren boss signed the 13-year-old to a developmental contract.

“That took some balls for a 11year-old,” Hobbs said.

In his first Formula One season, Hamilton is living up to the hype. And the photogenic driver, who has a taste for high fashion, is breaking as many records as he is hearts.

“I expected to do well,” Hamilton said. “I expected to be in the points, but I didn’t expect to be on the podium, so it’s better than I expected.”

“To be joint leading the championship after his fifth race is extraordinary,” Hobbs said. “I’m sure Alonso absolutely thought he had it made this year, and then here’s Lewis Hamilton breathing down his neck. That’s not what he wanted.”

With Michael Schumacher retired from driving, Formula One arguably needed a fresh young driver with the charisma and talent of Hamilton. The fact that he appeals to a demographic largely ignored by the sport was an added bonus.

“We were all worried about this year with Schumacher retiring,” Hobbs said. “But with the championship being as close as it is and with Hamilton right in there, this is turning out to be one of the best years in a long time.”

Indeed, with Hamilton appealing to casual race fans, the belief is that he could transcend the sport in the same way that Woods has in golf. This weekend’s race will be broadcast live on Fox Sports, a first for the North American audience.

“I think he will bring interest into the sport and open it up,” Hobbs said. “From Britain’s point of view, he could be the next David Beckham. And the fact is, he certainly could be the next Tiger Woods. I think he will open up a huge new audience.”

“I don’t think it’s ever too early,” Hamilton said of his role in the sport’s next growth spurt. “The support from all of Europe, Australia and all over the world has been incredible. I hope that in the U.K., and all over the world there’s a lot more attention to Formula One, a lot more people interested in the sport.”
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 05:21:28 AM by pecan »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis Hamilton - Rookie F1 Driver
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 02:44:55 PM »
I am glad his team not doing like how Ferrari did with Schumaker partner
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 08:08:46 AM »

But dais exactly what dey doin
A couple races back...he could have won...and dey tell him ease up on the throttle because dem on points for the championship

If men tink FIFA is ah corrupt org..de FIA wuss

Ah want to extend ah special long middle finger to david hobbs....when mih boy hamilton was on de podium las race dat jackass talkin bout "I dont think weve ever seen a face as dark as that on the podium in the history of formula 1"
If yuh dosent know what  to say hush yuh ass... "whatdemuddercontdoeswrongwitallyuhatall'?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 11:43:14 AM »
A couple races back...he could have won...and dey tell him ease up on the throttle because dem on points for the championship
OK, my bad
I only skimmed this article and got the wrong impression.
Ah want to extend ah special long middle finger to david hobbs....when mih boy hamilton was on de podium las race dat jackass talkin bout "I dont think weve ever seen a face as dark as that on the podium in the history of formula 1"
If yuh dosent know what  to say hush yuh ass... "whatdemuddercontdoeswrongwitallyuhatall'?
I second that
how people so?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:47:21 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 12:38:57 PM »

Dutty, leh me play devil's advocate ..

what was the context of dat statement .. could it be it was meant to be a positive statement, albeit, not well said

was it intended to reflect an evolution of F1 to be inclusive?  i.e in de history of F1, it has been dominated by white people, and now it opening up? os it is a good ting?

jus asking sah since i didden hear de entir commentary

Pecan

<looking for popcorn>

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »
this kid looks like the real deal. He has dominated this Canadian Grand Prix with a flawless performance. This kid has everything. Natural speed, a cool and mature head and he also has balls of brass. I honestly believe we are witnessing the emergence of a great champion
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 02:08:29 PM »
He might be de real thing

Rookie Lewis Hamilton wins Canadian Grand Prix

Updated Sun. Jun. 10 2007 3:41 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Rookie McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton made history on Sunday after he won the Canadian Grand Prix for the first victory of his Formula One career.

Britain's Hamilton, also the sport's first black driver, started from pole position and held on to become the first rookie to win an F1 race since Colombia's Juan Pablo Montoya won with Williams in 2001.

Germany's Nick Heidfeld won second place for BMW Sauber and Austrian Alexander Wurz placed third for Williams.

Hamilton won by completing the 70-lap race at Gilles Villeneuve Circuit by 4.3 seconds over Heidfeld -- and 5.2 seconds ahead of Wurz, who started 19th on the grid.

He has finished in the top three of all six races this season -- something no other racer has done. He took the lead in drivers' standings over teammate Fernando Alonso, the two-time defending world champion.

The 22-year-old Hamilton kept his cool in a race so riddled with crashes that only 12 of the 22 drivers finished, and the safety car made an appearance four times.

The most serious crash came when Robert Kubica lost control of his BMW Sauber off a turn and smashed into a wall head on. A team spokesperson said Kubica, 22, was conscious and moving his limbs, but was taken to Montreal General hospital as a precaution. TSN is reporting that Kubica suffered a broken lag.

TSN commentator Vic Rauter said the Canadian Grand Prix has always had a history of being a race where "always something happens" -- a race that's tough on the engines, hard on the brakes, and fraught with danger with the walls placed "very close."

"Today, four times the safety car was on that track. . . . It looked more like a NASCAR race. Four times it came out, four times (Hamilton) had to restart and hold off the people behind him.

"This was absolutely some historical racing and we got to see it in Montreal."

Hamilton held pole position off the start. But his teammate Alonso was pushed on to the grass on the first turn by Heidfeld, who took over second place and left the defending champion third. Ferrari drivers Felipe Massa took fourth spot and Kimi Raikkonen dropped two places to sixth, their cars touching each other.

Massa and Renault's Giancarlo Fisichella were disqualified for leaving pit lane under a red light.

Takuma Sato passed two cars in the final laps to place sixth, while Alonso was seventh. Formula One legend Ralf Schumacher placed eighth for Toyota.

Leading up to the race, Hamilton was drawing comparisons to Schumacher. But he also took some criticism from a former world driving champion, Canadian and Montrealer Jacques Villeneuve, who said Friday that Hamilton was only doing so well because he drives so dangerously.

"I'm a racer," Hamilton said in response. "I do those moves to gain places, and it's not dangerous."

Villeneuve got dropped by the BMW team in mid-2006 and currently is not racing in the F1 circuit.

The 4.361-kilometre course is named after Jacque's famous racer father who died in a crash in 1983.

Hamilton doesn't have a family background in racing, but he had his eye on the sport at a very early age.

"When I first started watching Formula One, I was six or seven years old," he told CTV earlier in the week. "I looked at that and I thought that's something special and something I might be able to do."

While some may see him as the racing equivalent of Tiger Woods, as a black man about to break out into a sport long dominated by whites, his parents actually named him after Carl Lewis, the Olympic gold medalist in sprinting and long jump.

"It sounds pretty cool. People have been saying it for a long time," Hamilton said. "But I'm not Tiger Woods. I'm Lewis Hamilton."

Rauter, who interviewed Hamilton on Thursday, described the driver as a well-spoken, gentlemanly young man who was groomed for success from an early age.

Hamilton's father bought him a used go-cart as a boy, and the rest is becoming history.

Rauter said the story goes, a nine-year-old Lewis Hamilton went up to head of McLaren Ron Dennis and said, "You know Mr. Dennis, one day, I'm going to drive for you."

"And then when he got into carting he was spotted by people who said to (Dennis): 'Ron, you should go and look at this kid,'" said Rauter. "And for 10 years, they groomed him and they took him to different series, all the lesser formula, until this day where he now is driving for them and has been on the podium every race and today, wins his first in Montreal."

« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 02:10:18 PM by pecan »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 02:28:35 PM »
what was the context of dat statement .. could it be it was meant to be a positive statement, albeit, not well said
was it intended to reflect an evolution of F1 to be inclusive?  i.e in de history of F1, it has been dominated by white people, and now it opening up? os it is a good ting?
Pecan
<looking for popcorn>
ya bring logic now :devil: :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »
the bookies were also very impressed with today's win and they now make Hamilton clear favourite to win this year's drivers championship

they bet

Evens Hamilton
7/4 Alonso
7/1 Massa
16/1 Raikkonen
300/1 Hiedfield
500/1 upwards the rest
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007, 03:06:55 PM »
I mite start to follow F1 again, now dat I have a favourite to cheer on (some may call me a waggonist ;D)

I use to follow F1 until Gilles Villeneuve died ( and dat was 1983).

Somewhat ironic  ...de following quote

"Leading up to the race, Hamilton was drawing comparisons to Schumacher. But he also took some criticism from a former world driving champion, Canadian and Montrealer Jacques Villeneuve, who said Friday that Hamilton was only doing so well because he drives so dangerously."

if I recall correctly, Gilles, Jacque's father, also drove aggressively and some argued, dangerously.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 03:07:35 PM »
Pecan
<looking for popcorn>
ya bring logic now :devil: :devil:

what?   de part about looking for popcorn?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 03:24:39 PM »
if I recall correctly, Gilles, Jacque's father, also drove aggressively and some argued, dangerously.
didnt his father die just so?  :-X
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 03:29:55 PM »
didnt his father die just so?  :-X

yes ..I remember watching de race and de crash ... :(  :o  i forget where it was thouigh

But watching him drive was something else ....

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007, 03:31:50 PM »
you could read about it here
he and Greg Moore I used love watching
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 03:35:53 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>