April 25, 2024, 10:58:05 PM

Author Topic: Caribbean F1 man  (Read 55476 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis Hamilton - Rookie F1 Driver
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 03:44:44 PM »
you could read about it here
he and Greg Moore I used love watching

not familiar with Greg Moore ... I only followed F1 until 1982/3 den lost interest ...

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carribbean F1 man
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007, 08:32:05 PM »
Lawd have mercy  :applause:

if dis hamilton fellah doh win at least one race dis season ah go eat piece ah  mih draws ..and post de pics on de board

well at least I doh hadda eat mih draws on post dem no more
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 08:41:21 PM »

Dutty, leh me play devil's advocate ..

what was the context of dat statement .. could it be it was meant to be a positive statement, albeit, not well said

was it intended to reflect an evolution of F1 to be inclusive?  i.e in de history of F1, it has been dominated by white people, and now it opening up? os it is a good ting?

<looking for popcorn>

Yes I suspect it's intent was supposed to be uplifting.....but it just came out as a foot in the mouth stupid statement

It was no different from wolf blitzers infamous on air gaffe while watching victims of hurrcane katrina commenting "they are all so poor and just so black"....his intent was supposed to be empathetic but it was a classic foot in mouth moment

Is not like Hobbes and blitzer sitting dong in ah bar talkin to ah fren!!...if you on the air and millions are listenein to you...your words have to be measured....if yuh doh know wuh de cuddersmunt to say..dem should simply hush dey ass

On a side note Juan Pablo Montoya is darker than Lewis Hamilton...JPM been on the podium plenty times before he went to nascar racing
This colour ting really is not ah issue...everybody on de planet know ah black fellah NEVAH  drive in  far less win ah F1 race...so why he bringin up the obvious?

Is bess Hobbes did jus say "In the history of formula one I dont think weve ever seen anyone with such coarse hair on the podium"

Hobbes should just hush he ass!!.....wuh kinda popcorn yuh ha dey?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 08:56:26 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 08:42:42 PM »
Lawd have mercy  :applause:

if dis hamilton fellah doh win at least one race dis season ah go eat piece ah  mih draws ..and post de pics on de board

well at least I doh hadda eat mih draws on post dem no more

Mods .. .yuh shoud merge the threads on Lewis Hamilton (when yuh get de time).

Dutty, if i had read yuh post, I would have added to it.

Yuh are de boss in prognosticating :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2007, 02:40:56 AM »
this is what the drivers see :o
enuff buttons or wha?

a job well done

Proud Papa
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 06:06:01 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 05:44:35 AM »

Dutty, leh me play devil's advocate ..

what was the context of dat statement .. could it be it was meant to be a positive statement, albeit, not well said

was it intended to reflect an evolution of F1 to be inclusive?  i.e in de history of F1, it has been dominated by white people, and now it opening up? os it is a good ting?

<looking for popcorn>

Yes I suspect it's intent was supposed to be uplifting.....but it just came out as a foot in the mouth stupid statement

It was no different from wolf blitzers infamous on air gaffe while watching victims of hurrcane katrina commenting "they are all so poor and just so black"....his intent was supposed to be empathetic but it was a classic foot in mouth moment

Is not like Hobbes and blitzer sitting dong in ah bar talkin to ah fren!!...if you on the air and millions are listenein to you...your words have to be measured....if yuh doh know wuh de cuddersmunt to say..dem should simply hush dey ass

On a side note Juan Pablo Montoya is darker than Lewis Hamilton...JPM been on the podium plenty times before he went to nascar racing
This colour ting really is not ah issue...everybody on de planet know ah black fellah NEVAH  drive in  far less win ah F1 race...so why he bringin up the obvious?

Is bess Hobbes did jus say "In the history of formula one I dont think weve ever seen anyone with such coarse hair on the podium"

Hobbes should just hush he ass!!.....wuh kinda popcorn yuh ha dey?

yuh hit meh with too much logic and rationale ..  foot in mouth disease

I concede   :beermug: :-[

now ah go  have to wait for de popcorn

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2007, 12:14:39 PM »
De fadder have ah kinda Anil- Roberts- meets- smokey & bunty- rango-man look  ;)

Must be very satisfying to sacrifice for your son and then watch him ascend to the very top of his profession

WC ...in ah race drivers does only really use buttons 2,3,4 and on rare occasions 11...the mechanics in the pits could easily control de rest
although it hard to call dem fellahs mechanics as most of dem have PhD's

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 12:15:50 PM »
Logik?? you gettin me confused wit Filho and kicker an dem oui

everybody know I dosent know whey de ass I does be sayin 90% of de time
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:24:43 PM by Dutty »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »

yuh so modest  ;D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2007, 08:22:18 PM »
yuh so modest  ;D
isnt dat a 'oman's?....................oh forgeddaboutit :devil: :angel:

seriously, Dutty is a closet Intellectual, man ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 06:59:12 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2007, 11:47:57 AM »
Intell--WHA?

How you typin all dem setta obscene word breds...wha I do you??

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »
well done to Hamilton again...2nd win today at Indy....all de complain Raikkonnen had about a reliable car before...hahahah now hamilton showing maybe it wasnt the car!
Back in Trini...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2007, 05:37:21 PM »
first in the U.S. Grand Prix
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2007, 05:47:53 AM »

Look how did reporter described the final laps (in bold below) if yuh dont want to read de whole ting

Hamilton takes American showdown
WINS U.S. GRAND PRIX Englishman has made the podium in last seven races
BY KEVIN GARSIDEThe Daily Telegraph

INDIANAPOLIS • Lewis Hamilton grows in stature by the hour. His second Grand Prix victory a week after the first followed the fiercest examination of his fledgling career. For 73 heart-stopping laps, he and McLaren teammate Fernando Alonso turned the United States Grand Prix into the OK Corral on wheels, bullets flying in all directions as the defending champion trained the heavy weaponry on Hamilton.

If this doesn’t sell F-1 to the Americans, nothing will. From lap 21 when Hamilton began the first round of stops Alonso never left his teammate alone. The race build-up was fraught with tension, Alonso cranking up the pressure with talk ofEnglish bias. A team gathering on the eve of the race was said to have cleared the air. It cleared one thing up. On the circuit at least, the gloves are off between Hamilton and Alonso.

Seven races into his F-1 career Hamilton has still to finish off the podium. He leads the championship over Alonso by 10 points. They have two wins apiece. In every sense Hamilton, the story of the British sporting summer by a country mile, has turned the season into a heavyweight battle ofgargantuan talents.

“What a dream,” an emotional Hamilton told reporters. “I never thought in a million years I would be here today with these drivers and win two races in North America.

“To come to Canada for the first time and now Indianapolis for the first time and have the best two races ofm y life, it’s an amazing feeling.

“Coming into the season you have to be realistic, I never expected anything but hoped to do well,” he added. “I hoped maybe I could get a podium at some point but I have been on the podium the last seven races. It’s insane.”

F-1 has not seen a rivalry like this since Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost were at each other’s throats. Here we have the added dimension of the fairy tale. No rookie in history has announced himselfin F-1 like this. Hamilton’s debut season is arguably as stellar as any in sport.

In a sense, F-1 and Indianapolis were on trial here. Commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone’s incendiary barbs had the organizers on their toes all weekend. F-1 did not need Indianapolis, he told them in strategically placed stories across the media. On Saturday they learned how badly they had promoted the event. Ecclestone was not best pleased to be greeted on his arrival by lingering marketing material from last month’s Indianapolis 500.

This was classic Bernie, driving up the ante ahead of talks to secure a long-term deal at the Old Brickyard.

Dotted around the bleachers, the Cross ofSt. George and Union Jacks proclaimed allegiance to Hamilton, whom the locals had labelled the “F-1 phenom.” White team shirts paired with fluorescent flame-red hats told of the brisk trade being done in the McLaren merchandising tent. Not yet a threat to Ferrari’s hegemony in the replica shirts business, but growing rapidly.

Hamilton’s second successive pole following victory in Montreal raised the roofin qualifying and cemented his heroic status. As Tiger Woods observed, there is nothing in sport quite like a rookie winning big. The Hamilton aura was sufficiently compelling to attract the interest of American rapper Pharrell Williams, who was given a guided tour of the McLaren garage by Hamilton’s father, Anthony. The fusion of pop and sporting idolatry provided photographers with a Champagne moment before the start, and shortly afterwards when he pumped his fists furiously as Hamilton held off Alonso through the first corner.

Alonso was initially more circumspect than oflate through turn one, deciding wisely not to press his case after drawing up alongside Hamilton at the end of the start-finish straight.

Hamilton started the round ofpits stops at the end oflap 21, rapidly followed by Felipe Massa and Nick Heidfeld. One lap later McLaren brought in Alonso. The world champion’s main chance of victory lay in getting out ahead of the Briton. He didn’t. Hamilton hammered down the straight as Alonso rolled off his mark.

Thereafter Alonso swapped into stalker mode, sitting on Hamilton’s tail, applying terrific pressure as the pair picked their way through the back-markers.

At the start oflap 39 all hell broke loose. Alonso drew alongside menacingly as the pair hurtled down the straight towards turn one. One wondered what team principal Ron Dennis must have been thinking on the pit wall as Alonso trained his weapons on his teammate.

The guns were cocked. A failure of nerve here would have been fatal for both. Alonso fired. Hamilton fired back. Tires almost touched. The duel continued through corners two and three. Stunning stuff.

Hamilton was rock-like in defence of his position. Alonso continued the battery until lap 50 when he shot into the pits for his final stop.

Hamilton followed suit a lap later to emerge 50 metres to the good when the battle resumed with 20 laps to go. To the line they fought, hammer and tong. Alonso could find no way past. He might have to get used to this.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2007, 12:38:38 PM »
Article seems accurate

Alonso try he best to shake him and put him off his game. Which is what ah race driver...especially the No1 man on the team should be doing....Hamilton didnt flinch tho, he handle de pressure like ah bad man

I watch the whole podium ceremony and the press conference after....doh miond dey was huggin for photos...Alonso was NOT happy....de body language and face is 'pure hate....but he ackin normal'

On a side note anybody notice Pharrell real fightin lime with Hamilton fadder?

he siddong in de vip box wit him...den he come right in front de victory podium wit him
First he want to bring out skateboardin quarter pipe stunt team...now he turn F1 supporter

PHarreL is ah FAL oui
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:46:57 PM by Dutty »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2007, 06:14:40 PM »
Tallman . .thanks

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2007, 08:08:11 AM »
Hamilton on de podium again . wat is dat now?  7 or 8 consecutive podium finishes?

MAGNY-COURS, France (AFP) - Finland's Kimi Raikkonen in a Ferrari won the French Grand Prix here on Saturday ahead of Brazilian teammate Felipe Massa with rookie British championship leader Lewis Hamilton in third.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 05:10:31 PM »
did not get to see this one but now definitely not gonna miss the british GP...hamilton has stretched his lead in the standings to 14 points now
Back in Trini...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »
did not get to see this one but now definitely not gonna miss the british GP...hamilton has stretched his lead in the standings to 14 points now
and as usual with F1

It muss have ah bachanal to add to the mix

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60464

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2007, 03:15:52 PM »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2007, 06:18:09 PM »
July 8, 2007 - British Grand Prix: Hamilton on de podium again - third place
July 22: 2007 - European Grand Prix: 9th place - first race this season not on podium as well as no points

Dat is nine races in a row where he finished 1, 2 or 3.

But he is still ion first place in the overall standings

Next race is the Hungarian on Aug 5, 2007

Pos     Driver     Nationality     Team     Points
1    Lewis Hamilton    British    McLaren-Mercedes    70
2    Fernando Alonso    Spanish    McLaren-Mercedes    68
3    Felipe Massa    Brazilian    Ferrari    59
4    Kimi Räikkönen    Finnish    Ferrari    52
5    Nick Heidfeld    German    BMW    36
6    Robert Kubica    Polish    BMW    24
7    Giancarlo Fisichella    Italian    Renault    17
8    Heikki Kovalainen    Finnish    Renault    15
9    Alexander Wurz    Austrian    Williams-Toyota    13
10    Mark Webber    Australian    Red Bull-Renault    8

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2007, 01:39:16 PM »
1 hour, 35 minutes ago

BUDAPEST (AFP) - Fernando Alonso dominated practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix on Friday to further boost his hopes of a third consecutive world title.

Victory at Nurburgring two weeks ago lifted the Spaniard to within just two points of his McLaren teammate and current championship leader Lewis Hamilton.

Another win in Hungary would send Alonso to the top of the standings and after setting the fastest lap time of the day in Friday practice he had every reason to be confident.

"Practice was good and I'm happy with the how the car feels so far," Alonso said.

"We spent the morning working on the set-up and limited the number of tyres we used.

"The track improves as the weekend goes on so we chose to do all the tyre evaluation in the afternoon session. I think we are in a good position and I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend where we should continue to be strong."

In contrast, Hamilton is coming off a disappointing race in Germany where his record run of nine consecutive podium finishes came to an end with a ninth place finish.

The rookie Brit was fifth fastest in morning practice at the Hungaroring and third after lunch despite a spin into a gravel trap ending his afternoon session five minutes early.

"Today went smoothly, apart from my spin towards the end of the second session, which meant that I missed out on my last run, so maybe I could have gone faster," Hamilton said.

"The spin happened as I was on a flying lap and I was probably a little too fast going into the corner.

"Despite this we were able to make some positive steps and I am confident with our performance so far at this track."

Offline socabee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2007, 10:01:26 AM »
he won today he had a good race was in poll all of the race

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2007, 11:54:39 AM »
he won today he had a good race was in poll all of the race

back on de podium again ... ha .  after an emotion laden weekend ...

by Andrew Fagan Sun Aug 5, 10:31 AM ET

BUDAPEST (AFP) - Lewis Hamilton somehow blocked out the twin distractions of a qualifying controversy and in-fighting at his McLaren team to win Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

The Briton started from pole position after his Spanish teammate Fernando Alonso was demoted five grid positions for obstructing the rookie Englishman in qualifying.

Alonso had seemingly snatched pole with a last-gasp flying lap on Saturday but the race stewards judged that he had acted improperly in delaying Hamilton and denying him a chance to respond.

Hamilton took full advantage of his improved grid position, driving a mistake-free race to hold Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen to second and claim a victory that extends his driver's championship lead to seven points.

If history is anything to go by Hamilton will now go on to win the driver's title, only twice in the last 15 years has a driver leading the championship at this stage been beaten to the crown.

The 22-year-old was understandably delighted on the podium; his third grand prix win was undoubtedly his most important so far.

"It has been an eventful weekend, quite emotional. It would have been easy to lose focus, it has been a bit of a downer for the team," said Hamilton. "But the team has been so positive, it proves that nothing can stop us.

"It was one of the hardest races I've ever had. Just to get the points is so important for me and for the morale of the team. We've shown that we can beat anyone.

"Kimi was on my tail for quite a long time, he drove a great race. But I know how to win races."

Raikkonen refused to give up on the driver's championship despite dropping 20 points behind Hamilton.

"There are many races to go," he said. "One bad race and everything can change.

"It was kind of a boring race, just waiting behind (Hamilton), waiting for something to happen.

"When two cars are very close the guy in front has to make a big mistake for you to pass."

Nick Heidfeld of BMW was third with Alonso fourth just ahead of Poland's Robert Kubica in the other BMW.

The final point-scorers were German Toyota driver Ralf Schumacher in sixth, Nico Rosberg of Williams in seventh and Heikki Kovalainen of Renault in eighth.

Felipe Massa, currently fourth in the championship, had an unhappy weekend, finishing 13th.

The race started in bright sunshine and Hamilton made a clean getaway ahead of normally fast-starting Heidfeld.

On this occasion Heidfeld struggled off the grid and was immediately passed by Raikkonen who slotted in behind the leader.

Back in sixth Alonso made a poor start, soon finding himself back in eighth place when Robert Kubica and Red Bull's Mark Webber forced past him in the opening lap.

Alonso fought back but was soon stuck behind Ralf Schumacher who defended his fifth place expertly.

Meanwhile Sakon Yamamoto was the first man to drop out of the race. The Japanese Spyker driver lost control at turn 11, prematurely ending his first grand prix appearance of the season.

After 15 of the 70 laps Hamilton had established a lead of nearly five seconds from Raikkonen.

The leaders made their first pit stops five laps later with Raikkonen making up over a second on the McLaren man.

Perhaps spurred on by a strong Finnish contingent in the grandstands, Raikkonen continued to gain on Hamilton and the gap was down to one second by the halfway point.

Honda's Jenson Button, winner of this race a year ago, struggled towards the back of the field on this occasion.

But the Briton will still have been bitterly disappointed when he had to retire from the race after a mechanical failure at the halfway point.

Raikkonen made his second and final stop on his 47th lap, moving to the super-soft option tyres.

Hamilton stayed out for another three laps and the strategy paid off, he eventually emerged from the pits with a four-second lead.

Behind the front two Alonso had finally edged past Schumacher but he could not quite manage to pass Heidfeld and had to settle for fourth.

Raikkonen put Hamilton under intense pressure throughout the closing stages of the race but the 22-year-old showed great maturity to hang on and win by just over a second.

It was McLaren's 154th grand prix win and their sixth of the season. However the English team's joy will be tinged by the reality that, unless they win an appeal against the action the FIA has taken against them for the qualifying debacle, they will not be awarded any constructor's championship points from the race.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2007, 03:26:43 PM »
..........And on the side note of racing drama...allyuh see how he block de man fuh spite eh?

http://racing.indiatimes.com/Alonso_stripped_of_Hungarian_pole/articleshow/2256541.cms

right-o..bachanal now start...all dat podium huggin go turn into some hard slap  before the season done

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2007, 03:48:30 PM »
..........And on the side note of racing drama...allyuh see how he block de man fuh spite eh?

http://racing.indiatimes.com/Alonso_stripped_of_Hungarian_pole/articleshow/2256541.cms

right-o..bachanal now start...all dat podium huggin go turn into some hard slap  before the season done

ah was reading that before the race started ...

I dont understand the politics of F1 - Hamilton and Alfonso on de same team .. right?

so why do the Stewards reward one at the expense of the other?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2007, 04:08:16 PM »
is ah classic case of starboy and wanna be

big money teams does have secondary drivers because even if their driver doh win the drivers champinship ....there is a chance they could win the constructors trophy on points
Constructors championship points add to a teams revenue stream significantly for the following year

for instance in years past schumacher was de ferrari starboy...is he face does attract all the ads and sponsors....if schumacher happen to spin out in ah race or he engine blow up....the ferrari co-driver barricello ...is insurance...he will finish the race and still get points for the constructor
(it use to have serious tension beetween two ah dem too)

2007 was supposed to be the year of Alonzo & alonzo ALONE.....and dey hire ah lil piss in tail grenadian as ah back up......except nobody eh tell de piss in tail grenadian he not supposed to win any race AND steal the spotlight from the starboy driver

mclaren eh want to tell de grenadian "ay boy ease off yuh foot orf de X nah" because he bringin fans who never see ah F1 race in dey life to de stands and the gift shops

so egos, tension and big money involved

BEK-EH -NELL!!!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2007, 04:55:42 PM »

big money teams does have secondary drivers because even if their driver doh win the drivers champinship ....there is a chance they could win the constructors trophy on points
Constructors championship points add to a teams revenue stream significantly for the following year

for instance in years past schumacher was de ferrari starboy...is he face does attract all the ads and sponsors....if schumacher happen to spin out in ah race or he engine blow up....the ferrari co-driver barricello ...is insurance...he will finish the race and still get points for the constructor

2007 was supposed to be the year of Alonzo & alonzo ALONE.....and dey hire ah lil piss in tail grenadian as ah back up......except nobody eh tell de piss in tail grenadian he not supposed to win any race AND steal the spotlight from the starboy driver

mclaren eh want to tell de grenadian "ay boy ease off yuh foot orf de X nah" because he bringin fans who never see ah F1 race in dey life to de stands and the gift shops

BEK-EH -NELL!!!

oh ho ... so dey go make sure he ease up by delaying him a little bit ...  :rotfl:

it back fire

an now it looking like Hamilton set to win de overall championship ...   :rotfl:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2007, 08:32:53 AM »

BEK-EH -NELL!!!

Aug 6,

MADRID (AFP) - Fernando Alonso says he is uncertain about his future at McLaren after his relationship with teammate Lewis Hamilton reached rock bottom at the Hungarian Grand Prix over the weekend.

The two time world champion, asked by Spanish sports daily Marca if he was planning to stay with McLaren, replied: "I don't know."

The paper reported that Alonso's father, Luis Garcia-Abad, who also acts as his agent, held talks with Renault boss Flavio Briatore after Sunday's race won by Hamilton.

The French team, for whom Alonso won his two world titles, are keen to resign the Spaniard who is also reportedly being wooed by BMW.

Alonso had to settle for fourth after being demoted five places from pole for holding up Hamilton in qualifying on Saturday.

McLaren said the delay at the pit-stops in qualifying was Hamilton's fault, for causing confusion in the team by disobeying an order to let Alonso pass him ahead of the pit stops.

But the FIA, Formula One's governing body, did not agree, and imposed a penalty on Alonso, as well as docking McLaren the 15 constructors' points they earned from the race.

Hamilton said after the race which left him seven points clear at the top of the drivers' standings that Alonso had cold shouldered him since the incident.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2007, 09:41:21 AM »

Tell Alonzo to read Mr P signature ;D

Lewis win on de weekend :applause: :applause:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>