April 18, 2024, 12:17:52 PM

Author Topic: Caribbean F1 man  (Read 55390 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Carribbean F1 man
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2007, 01:58:15 PM »
ah ent like how de English press all over meh boy Fred
is only cause Hamilton British they making noise so..like dey foregt Schumacher and Ferrari used to do the same things?
ah just feel Fred getitng the raw deal here with Hamilton emergence as a genuine racer.
everything was ok till Hamilton decide to throw ah fit and disobey team orders.
like he ent know the history behing Prost and Senna and how not to do it?
or he ent see when DC and Mika had a good relationship when they both were contenders with a good car them years back and the team didnt have a #1 driver...them fellas was actually gentlemen who settled they own business before the race start with their lil side bets.

all of ah sudden the McClaren team squeaky clean image of late getting tarnished again  ::)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2007, 06:37:58 PM »
Which one ah dem prima donna F1 drivers didnt disobey orders at one point?

Schumacher was king at dat.....the difference of course is Hamilton is ah rookie, so people go look at that with a more jaundiced eye
I could see the point that if yuh drivin ah man 200 million dollar car and he tell yuh "pit now" ...well yuh supposed to follow de man orders

On the other hand...all the best drivers was all arrogant S.O.B's that fight fot they No.1 spot when they was no.2...hamilton eh doin nuttn different

Besides beetween the two ah dem,,which one, briging more interest and potential $$ to McLaren

all I want to see is some hard slap pass on de podium :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:40:36 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2007, 08:34:36 PM »
the thign me ent like bout this is that Alonso letting ah rookie rattle him
but yuh right we want to see some action..ah cant wait to see some video before they go up on the podium if somebody get ah bad drive lol
ah just find Hamilton image ah lil too goody goody  :D
Feliz

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2007, 05:50:50 AM »

Besides beetween the two ah dem,,which one, briging more interest and potential $$ to McLaren

McLaren tink dey know .... look what dey jess say

August 7, 2007: LONDON (AFP) - Fernando Alonso, who is at daggers drawn with his McLaren co-driver Lewis Hamilton, has been told by boss Ron Dennis that he can leave McLaren at the end of the season, a report claimed Tuesday.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2007, 03:30:55 PM »
WOW!!!...if that report is true

Open war has just begun............hard effin slap on de podium...somebody go collect ah champagne bottle instead of the champagne  :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »
so how dis does work?
does each driver have an on track manager who they listen too or are both drivers told by the team owner to do things?
I feel who ever managers Lewis realises his true potential and is letting fly with both barrels so to speak and all who get in de way better watch out.

for a rookie to come dry so in such a steel nerved sport and do SO WELL must give an indication to his future potential.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2007, 03:41:18 PM »
Nah team manager/management does tell drivers what to do when it come to the team

But everybody have they own individual representation......de last great rookie sensation was ah fellah named Jenson Button..before he was Jacques Villeneuve

Dem felllahs start off hot and sweaty early.. but then they stock drop hard as the years progressed (especially villeneuve, after he win the championship).....he had a personal manager givin him real bad advice as well

I hope that is not the case with hamilton

Time will tell or bottle go pelt  :devil:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2007, 05:49:03 PM »
in de fifth race, McLaren was accused of instructing Hamilton to stay in second place and not to challenge Alonso

So Alonso was 1st and Hamilton was 2nd

Hamilton made some statements that he was de rookie and ALonso was #1 .. he never came out and said he was instructed to stay in second, but he beat around the bush saying he was the rookie.

Ah guess he eh beating round de bush anymore

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2007, 05:57:16 PM »
I feel dem have a real good public relations company that hve instructed them to do their business this way
it sure has given the organisation some great "Press"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2007, 06:13:22 PM »
I feel dem have a real good public relations company that hve instructed them to do their business this way
it sure has given the organisation some great "Press"

fuh troot

i had lost interest in F1 for several years .. an now because of Hamilton, I am beginning to follow it again

and de bacchanal between Hamilton and ALonso is fun to follow  ;D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2007, 06:19:40 PM »
it sure is more interesting to read all de goings on these days instead of in the past reading that Michael Schumacher has won YET another race again ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »
Nah team manager/management does tell drivers what to do when it come to the team

But everybody have they own individual representation......de last great rookie sensation was ah fellah named Jenson Button..before he was Jacques Villeneuve

Dem felllahs start off hot and sweaty early.. but then they stock drop hard as the years progressed (especially villeneuve, after he win the championship).....he had a personal manager givin him real bad advice as well

I hope that is not the case with hamilton

Time will tell or bottle go pelt  :devil:
West Coast..team management does consist mainly of the technical director and their own racing engineer.
In McClaren case..Ron Dennis calling the shots right through...right now he just seeing $$$signs with Hamilton.
a fella like Briatore is known as a driver agent/manager..he did also own part of renault a few years ago.

but Villeneuve was never really good in my books..Williams just had a good car that year lol
Button was the typical British hype...he nowwhere near DC and Damon Hill level.

McClaren is meh team but ah really ent like how Alonso getting treated so bad and now they might drop him..steups
Feliz

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2007, 09:23:13 PM »
some interesting stuff here
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/08/05/the-stewards-verdict-on-mclaren-alonso/
seems like this is normal behaviour for F1 drivers.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:32:36 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2007, 02:46:27 PM »
Yuh see what layin pipe in de right  ;) places could do?

If Alonzo feel he could open he mout and complain or say anyting now...he know de coo-coo cook

BEK-EH-NELL..part deux

http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/2007/08/all-in-family-more-august-f1-gossip.html

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2007, 04:12:41 PM »
"Lewis Hamilton's paternal grandparents emigrated to the United Kingdom from the Caribbean island of Grenada in the 1950s"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Hamilton

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
"Lewis Hamilton's paternal grandparents emigrated to the United Kingdom from the Caribbean island of Grenada in the 1950s"

????  I not sure where you see dat grenada business

Yuh better check da wiki page again for the truth

.....and stop changin it back

Personal and early life

Hamilton's paternal grandparents emigrated to the United Kingdom from Trinidad & Tobago in the 1950s. His grandfather worked on the London Underground.[1] His mother Carmen and father Anthony, (who is now an IT consultant), named him after the US Olympic gold medal winning athlete Carl Lewis.[2] Hamilton's parents separated when he was two and, until he was ten, he lived with his mother. After that he lived with his father, step-mother Linda and half-brother Nicholas who has cerebral palsy.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:34:08 PM by Dutty »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2007, 05:57:19 PM »

Personal and early life

Hamilton's paternal grandparents emigrated to the United Kingdom from Trinidad & Tobago in the 1950s. His grandfather worked on the London Underground.[1] His mother Carmen and father Anthony, (who is now an IT consultant), named him after the US Olympic gold medal winning athlete Carl Lewis.[2] Hamilton's parents separated when he was two and, until he was ten, he lived with his mother. After that he lived with his father, step-mother Linda and half-brother Nicholas who has cerebral palsy.

Okay Boss whatever

What would be your dream holiday destination?
Definitely somewhere in the Caribbean. My family are from Grenada and I love visiting the Island. Maybe someday I’ll visit some of the other beautiful islands of the Caribbean, but for now Grenada is the place.

http://www.f1complete.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=3064

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2007, 09:08:16 PM »
Dutty doh wind up ma smally pardna nuh :devil: :devil:

I inadvertently got him in trouble wid ah radio DJ over so ;D

doh ask, as dats between he and me :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 04:46:49 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2007, 04:38:58 AM »
Dutty doh wind up ma smally pardna nuh :devil: :devil:
lol

TrinInfinite

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2007, 11:32:17 AM »

Personal and early life

Okay Boss whatever

What would be your dream holiday destination?
Definitely somewhere in the Caribbean. My family are from Grenada and I love visiting the Island. Maybe someday I’ll visit some of the other beautiful islands of the Caribbean, but for now Grenada is the place.

http://www.f1complete.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=3064

grenada is an extension of T&T, everyone know dat... if your grenadian your trini lol :rotfl: :devil:

God is de BOSS...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2007, 05:15:07 PM »
after a lil two weeks of R&R is back to business
http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2007/8/6661.html

ah watching Speed, Formula 1 Debrief,  and they mentioned that the teams only have one pit crew...never even considered this before and I think there should be two pit crews, one for each car.

anyway they were showing the interviews with both drivers about Alonso's penalty and Lewis has a very steady head. good for him.
all of this just adds a bit more to the whole  ;)

there was a segment "sounds of F1" give meh goose bumps
all the drivers seem to keep punching the gas as they approach the corners.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:42:56 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2007, 10:32:01 AM »
Indian billionaire confirms buy-out of F1 team Spyker

Sep 3, 2007 around 9:30 am

NEW DELHI (AFP) - Indian tycoon Vijay Mallya said on Monday he was determined to bring a Formula One race to his country after confirming he had bought a 50 percent stake in the Spyker team.

"Owning an F1 team now, I am more than keen to bring it to India," said Mallya, a member of parliament who owns the United Breweries (UB) group and Kingfisher airlines.

Mallya said he and the De Mol family of the Netherlands had formed a consortium, Orange India Holdings, to buy the Spyker team for 80 million euros (110 million dollars) from Dutch sports car maker Spyker.

"This offer has been accepted by the Board of Spyker and exclusivity has been granted to the consortium to proceed with due diligence," Mallya was quoted as saying by the Press Trust of India.

Spyker had bought the Midland F1 team in 2006 for 77.8 million euros (107 million dollars), but last week posted losses of 29.9 million euros (40.7 million dollars) for the first quarter.

The struggling Spyker F1 team has yet to score a point in the world championship this season.

Mallya said the team would soon be rechristened.

"The naming would take some time but I'll try my best to have India somewhere in the name," he said.

"Everything will be done after consultation with the team management.

"We would love to have an Indian driver but it would depend on other issues. We have to arrive at a consensus for that."

The Indian capital of New Delhi has been granted an F1 race in 2009 provided it met the conditions laid down by racing supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

Ecclestone has often promoted India as one of the future markets for motor sport after home-grown Narain Karthikeyan drove for Jordan in the 2005 season.

Grand Prix circuit designer Hermann Tilke is due to visit New Delhi this week to inspect three sites where a F1 track may be built, Mallya said.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2007, 08:46:36 AM »
and in another development..... ::) :o

Former Ferrari technician Stepney linked to alleged sabotage attempt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at 10:15 on September 5, 2007, EST.

MODENA, Italy (AP) - A prosecutor has said that sworn testimony links former Ferrari technician Nigel Stepney to an apparent sabotage attempt.

A mysterious white powder was found on the gas tanks of Felipe Massa's and Kimi Raikkonen's cars on May 21, six days before the Monaco Grand Prix. Traces of the same powder were reportedly found in a pair of Stepney's trousers.

Ferrari has since fired Stepney and opened a criminal case against him. Stepney has denied any wrongdoing, claiming that someone within Ferrari set him up.

"Certainly there is backing - from sworn testimony - to suspect that it was Stepney who handled the powder," Modena prosecutor Giuseppe Tibis was quoted as saying by the Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday.

Proceedings in the case are due to begin again when the court's summer vacation ends on Sept. 15.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2007, 01:10:43 PM »
and in another development..... ::) :o

Former Ferrari technician Stepney linked to alleged sabotage attempt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at 10:15 on September 5, 2007, EST.

MODENA, Italy (AP) - A prosecutor has said that sworn testimony links former Ferrari technician Nigel Stepney to an apparent sabotage attempt.

A mysterious white powder was found on the gas tanks of Felipe Massa's and Kimi Raikkonen's cars on May 21, six days before the Monaco Grand Prix. Traces of the same powder were reportedly found in a pair of Stepney's trousers.

Ferrari has since fired Stepney and opened a criminal case against him. Stepney has denied any wrongdoing, claiming that someone within Ferrari set him up.

"Certainly there is backing - from sworn testimony - to suspect that it was Stepney who handled the powder," Modena prosecutor Giuseppe Tibis was quoted as saying by the Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday.

Proceedings in the case are due to begin again when the court's summer vacation ends on Sept. 15.

de man was bulling de gas tank or what?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2007, 05:02:23 PM »
McLaren fined and stripped of constructors’ points

McLaren have been excluded from the 2007 constructors’ championship and fined US$100 million  :o following Thursday’s FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) hearing in Paris. Drivers Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton have not been penalized and are free to continue their fight for the drivers' title.

The penalty follows McLaren’s admission that the team was in breach of the International Sporting Code through their possession of confidential technical data belonging to rivals Ferrari, who are now all but assured of the 2007 constructors’ title.

McLaren are also required to submit detailed plans of their 2008 car to the FIA, who warned that it could apply further sanctions relating to next season should any irregularities be found in the car’s design.

At July’s original hearing, the Council opted not to punish McLaren as it decided there was no proof that the Ferrari data had been used. Thursday’s second hearing followed the emergence of new evidence and the FIA’s request for McLaren’s drivers to submit any information they had that might be relevant to the case.

The FIA will explain the reasons behind the Council's decision on Friday, after which McLaren will decide whether or not to appeal.

The full statement from the FIA:

In an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council was held in Paris on the 12th of September 2007, The following decision was taken:

"The WMSC has stripped Vodafone McLaren Mercedes of all constructors' points in the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championshiop an the team can score no point for the remainder of the season *.

"Furthermore, the team will pay a fine equal to 100 million dollar, less the FOM income lost as a result of the points deduction.

"However, due to the exceptional circumstances in which the FIA gave the team's drivers an immunity in return for providing evidence, there is no penalty in regards to drivers' points **.

"The WMSC will receive a full technical report on the 2008 McLaren car and will take a decision at its December 2007 meeting as to what sanction, if any, will be imposed on the team for the 2008 season."

The full reasons for this decision will be issued on the 14th September 2007.

* Points gained by other teams so far this season will not be affected.

** No McLaren representative will be allowed on the podium should a McLaren driver win any of the remaining races of the 2007 season.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2007, 05:48:26 PM »
real stress now.....no cinstyructor point
The only thing dey could fight for is drivers trophy...and beetween the two drivers as General Grant did sing IS "pure hate but de ackin normal"

ah want to see somebody colleck ah champagne bottle on de podium before de season end

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2007, 08:57:32 AM »
real stress now.....no cinstyructor point
The only thing dey could fight for is drivers trophy...and beetween the two drivers as General Grant did sing IS "pure hate but de ackin normal"

ah want to see somebody colleck ah champagne bottle on de podium before de season end

still Ferrari and McLaren-Mercedes after the Sep 16 race with three more to go ....

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2007, 07:14:20 PM »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2007, 07:25:30 PM »
"That was the day after the controversial qualifying session that led to Alonso being dumped from pole to sixth on the grid after being found guilty of deliberately blocking team-mate Lewis Hamilton.
During the row, Alonso threatened to go to the FIA with evidence, but Dennis then phoned FIA president Max Mosley himself. "

ha ha ha....... he turn stool pigeon on dem when he get dumped.
he ent staying with them much longer
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2007, 12:38:37 AM »
Hamilton does it in the Rain........dais ah oil drian pan as de trophy? ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>