April 28, 2024, 07:11:24 PM

Author Topic: the infamous spreadsheet  (Read 11250 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
the infamous spreadsheet
« on: June 21, 2007, 11:41:53 AM »
Here's the link to the infamous spreadsheet from back in October

http://www.socawarriorstt.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=720&Itemid=2

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: the infamous spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 11:47:00 AM »
Thanks EMan
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »
I wonder if its at all possible to get some of these sponsers to reveal what their books show as their contribution and see if it matches, the TTFF's books?

maybe if a lil of this bad light shining on Adidas might cause them to lean on Jack.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »
ok, so where de world cup dollars?   I am confused, and I eh so bright, de euro games,,,,dem is de warm ups right?

I eh see no mention ah de WC $$$$$

and dem broadcast rights igures doh add up at all

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »
ok, so where de world cup dollars?   I am confused, and I eh so bright, de euro games,,,,dem is de warm ups right?

Where the WC money is has baffled me from the start - to the point I was beginning to wonder if this was the relevant spreadsheet. They really left a lot of holes in this thing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:23:22 PM by E-man »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 12:19:56 PM »
dis is de "new mats" that we did once upon a time
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 12:22:18 PM »
ok, so where de world cup dollars?   I am confused, and I eh so bright, de euro games,,,,dem is de warm ups right?

Where the WC money is has baffled me from the start - to the point I'm was beginning to wonder if this was the relevant spreadsheet. They really left a lot of holes in this thing.

therin lies the problem watson
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »

I guess it depends on if the agreement was for sponsorship money or income.  I really doh know at this point.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 12:28:55 PM »
carib did give 10 million

Nov. 19, 05 --- Andrew Sabga, chief executive officer, Carib Brewery Limited, whose Carib Lager is the official beer of the Soca Warriors and who is one of T&T’s most visible corporate sponsors of the senior national team, yesterday presented the T&T Football Federation with a cheque for TT$10 million.

The money will provide assistance to the Soca Warriors over four years as they seek to build on their current success.

Sabga spoke about Carib’s ongoing commitment to sport to an audience at the Nelson Mandela Room, Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence, Macoya, which included Commissioner of Police Trevor Paul, T&TFF special advisor Austin Jack Warner, T&TFF president Oliver Camps, national team manager Bruce Aanensen, and former national goalkeeper Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips.

“There is a great deal for our country to be proud of” he said. “This is indeed a significant achievement for a nation as small and as young as ours.

“We experienced something beyond our wildest expectations. The match was breathtaking and the result more so, as it unleashed an outpouring of national pride and joyful unity that we rarely see.

“You did T&T proud and we applaud you.”

Sabga singled out coach Leo Beenhakker and his assistants, the T&TFF executive, and Warner for their contribution to the team.

Of the FIFA vice president, Sabga said, “his unwavering commitment to the development and progress of football at all levels in T&T is undeniable.”

Sabga reaffirmed his Carib’s “unequivocal support to the national squad as they go non-stop to Germany.

“He underlined the need for the unit to have the best preparation in the build-up to the World Cup, which kicks-off in June 9.

Sabga said: “We are in this for the long haul and we believe in laying the foundation for future years.

Sabga called on the players to embrace their significantly enhanced role model status to effect positive change in the youth off T&T.

Camps, the team manager during the ill-fated 1974 qualification campaign, cautioned that the team to be prepared to do its best at the tournament and thanked Carib for helping in this effort.

He called on the nation to “Let us go together to Germany.”

The announcement of Carib’s assistance evoked emotions from Warner, whose demeanour turned from being pensive to one of joy.

Warner began his reply by tracing the partnership between T&T football and Carib as far back as the campaign for the 1974 World Cup to the present and made it clear that “today’s sponsorship seems to be a matter of course.”

The outspoken Warner said that he was “thrilled and pleased” with Carib’s pledge, observing that the Soca Warriors made another bit of history by becoming not only the smallest country to qualify, but also on the smallest budget.

Warner revealed that the feat completed on Thursday with a 1-0 win over Bahrain at the Rafa Stadium, Manama, Bahrain, cost just under $5 million.

He said that qualification costs for the 31 other teams who have qualified for Germany would be in the region of $18 to 42 million.

While noting that just like the Soca Warriors’ historic victory, Carib’s action was well-timed, Warner sought to draw something other than euphoria from the event.

He asked that after all the partying and fanfare that the nation ask itself “what values have we learnt from this exercise.”

In this regard, he drew on the words of Prime Minister Patrick Manning, who conceded that “a football match has done what no politician could.”

Warner went on to promise the Soca Warriors assistance to Commissioner Paul in the fight against crime in T&T, saying “you cannot do it alone, but together we can succeed.”

Warner produced correspondence from FIFA which read: “We are pleased to inform you that your country’s national team has qualified for World Cup 2006.”

The e-mail referred to the team as the Soca Warriors, a moniker adopted earlier in the campaign, but abandoned later.

Warner revealed that the fans’ refusal to drop the “Soca” was significant and so once again it is the official name of the team on its way to German.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 12:29:43 PM »

I guess it depends on if the agreement was for sponsorship money or income.  I really doh know at this point.

is like yuh eh want tuh know?  what warner say after de draw with sweden?  steups

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 12:31:31 PM »
Adidas brings early Christmas for Soca Warriors & TTFF.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

US$13.5 m deal over four years.
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation received an early Christmas present, a most lucrative one of that, when it signed an official four-year sponsorship deal with Adidas at the Westin Leipzig Hotel in Germany on Thursday evening.
A couple hours after head coach Leo Beenhakker arrived from Eindhoven on a private jet, special advisor Jack Warner, TTFF President Oliver Camps and General Secretary Richard Groden were signing the agreements on a head table at the Westin alongside Herbert Hainer, Chief Executive Officer of Adidas-Solomon AG World of Sports.
The deal, as clearly boasted of by Warner, in the presence of the Adidas officials, is the most lucrative ever signed by the Football Federation and has come about largely due to the success of the Soca Warriors.
In fact, Warner let it be known that the deal was agreed upon even before T&T secured its 2006 World Cup berth with a 1-0 win over Bahrain last month but was formalized fitting a day before the World Cup draw in Leipzig.
The deal package is inclusive of cash and full gear and equipment, not only for the World Cup team, but for all other national teams and related TTFF related business.
“This is the kind of good fortune that I have dreamt of and labored hard for together with my other colleagues and the players that represent the country,� Warner said at the launch which was also filmed by German TV.
“To have a sponsorship deal that is worth $11.5 million US dollars over four years speaks volumes and it is fantastic in every regard. I know that Adidas also sponsors a few other national teams in the western part of the world but for us to now be in the same league with the likes of Argentina is tremendous at that but hopefully we will not end up in the same group as them,� Warner added with a laugh. Adidas also sponsors Canada, Venezuela and Guatemala from South America and CONCACAF and is widely known for working with the Germans as well.
Hainer immediately responded, “We certainly don’t (want you in same group with Argentina) as well because we obviously intend to see both teams through to the second stage and beyond in next year’s World Cup.�
Warner, delighted with the deal, said he hoped that it would be looked at as an achievement by the TTFF and the “Soca Warriors�  but in no way be seen by other corporate bodies as a way of decreasing what he hopes will be further assistance from them towards the national team, particularly following the success of qualification and in light of preparing for the Finals.
He also mentioned that former kit sponsors Finta would be paid off and that Adidas overcame stiff challenges from Puma and Nike for the rights to have their brand associated with the “Soca Warriors�.
“They agreed on this deal even before we qualified and it demonstrates the sort of faith they had in our country and we shall reciprocate this through your company in more ways than you can imagine.
“We shall serve you proudly and we shall wear your uniform with dignity and respect and I want to give you the assurance on behalf of the TTFF and the team that we shall be a winning and an able partner,� added Warner who made special mention of Robin McCammon, Clubs and Federations senior manager for Adidas and also of Global Sports Marketing and TTFF’s Cheryl Abrams for their part in the putting together of the deal.

Adidas boss: We had to do this with T&T.

Adidas CEO Herbert Hainer explained that his country could not have chosen a better country for such a sponsorship deal as he felt the country had achieved a milestone by getting to the World Cup as the smallest country to ever do so.
“First of all this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for our country. We are the number one football brand in the world and having the chance to be part of your team’s presence in Germany for the World Cup as well as the other teams that we are associated with was an excellent chance for us to not just raise our profile but also to give to Trinidad and Tobago what it deserves,� Hainer told TTFF Media.
“I do believe that we as a football company needs to have a portfolio which does not just involve European teams but teams like yours from other parts of the world. We agreed on this deal even before the game against Bahrain and we were right all along before you have made it to the World Cup,� Hainer said.
He added that aside from a general team sponsorship, his company will also look into potential personal endorsements for some players on the T&T team.
“We will look at the established players and also the young and upcoming ones to see what opportunities there can be,� said the Adidas boss. Also present at the signing were Gunter Weigl, Director Global for Adidas Football/rugby, Thierry Weil, head of football for Global Sports Marketing/Adidas, Michael Riehl – head of Global Sports and Marketing and Robin McCammon, Clubs and Federations senior manager for Adidas and also of Global Sports. The supplies of the deal began with the playoffs against Bahrain and will spread over to other national teams in due course.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 12:33:13 PM »
I have a question to anyone who might be in the know.   Did the players actually agree that 33% would be put aside for the 2010 campaign?   

If they didn't, it seems unethical to designate future spending as an expense of the germany campaign.  If they did, then what measures are in place to make sure it's going to be spent on the 2010 campaign? Am I to take it that all that money was done when they were threatening to shut down all the football programs just a few months ago? 

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 12:38:14 PM »
I have a question to anyone who might be in the know.   Did the players actually agree that 33% would be put aside for the 2010 campaign?   

If they didn't, it seems unethical to designate future spending as an expense of the germany campaign.  If they did, then what measures are in place to make sure it's going to be spent on the 2010 campaign? Am I to take it that all that money was done when they were threatening to shut down all the football programs just a few months ago? 

The future money is a good question too, if they agreed to it, and I see no problem with that, wh then have the coaches not been paid from that, when Jack claim the coaches were hired to coach the team and prepare for 2010, why make claims that he been paying coaches and the Govt not giving up any money when a third of the 2006 money was kept for 2010 prep.

Like TrueTrini have all the figures, ah fell yuh should publish yuh own excel sheet oui, ah doh trust Jack own.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »

...first thing cross my mind.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 12:41:33 PM »

I doubt it...the players would have no say in financial matters, and in the letter that e-man posted last November Groden made a concession to return the allocates SA funds to the kitty.

Nothing unethical about it at all...is their money they can spend it as they like.  But all that hinges on the contents and details of the contract.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 12:42:08 PM »
British gas also give dem ah chunk ah change too

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 12:42:13 PM »
I think the spreadsheet should be referred to as World Cup Qualifiers

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 12:46:26 PM »

the agreement had to include the sponsorship money because the 66% of the sponsorship money allocated to the germany campaign ($8,589,900 according to the spreadsheet) shows up as the sponsorship income of the euro games.

so does the Euro games include the world cup games? any sign of the FIFA subvention money?  why don't the adidas numbers match up with previous reports?

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 12:52:34 PM »

I doubt it...the players would have no say in financial matters, and in the letter that e-man posted last November Groden made a concession to return the allocates SA funds to the kitty.

Nothing unethical about it at all...is their money they can spend it as they like.  But all that hinges on the contents and details of the contract.

well the way I was looking at it, if the players didn't agree to a specific % it is unethical because Jack/TTFF could then have proceeded to allocate any arbitrary percentage, which of course affects how much there is for the players to split up.  Even worse when you consider how little accountability there would be with regard to them actually spending the money on the 2010 campaign.

but I suppose the point is moot if Groden agreed to return the SA funds.  I must have missed that or forgotten about it.  thanks.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 12:57:21 PM »
aaaaaahhhhh......yeeeesss....yuh see Jackula, Rodent and Scamps thought dis thing woulda go away like de nine day wonder dat we have grown used to here....

Dem never expected anybody to remember all dem press releases, and posing fuh picture wid cheque and ting....We did reach and dat was all dat matters.....or so dem did thought....

And where de money from Republic Bank and Atlantic LNG???.....and I know dat figure from Adidas wasn't correct....thanks truetrini....

Ah feel Lasana better get cracking on putting together a comprehensive report on dis thing fuh we like only he can....

Dem players is Real Warriors yes.....stand up fuh yuh rights.....DOH BACK DOWN!!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 12:57:41 PM »
Scouting fees       7,069 (Nov 15, BAH v TRI)

Who was the TTFF scouting at the 2nd Bahrain game?

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 01:02:26 PM »
dat number is probably not specific to the 2nd game, but rather applicable to both games.  there would be some cost associated with acquiring all the necessary video/documentation.  maybe they sent someone to the Bahrain-Uzbekistan game?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 01:10:14 PM »
That is what we paid Nakhid to be a double agent.

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 01:11:39 PM »
atlantic lng give 3 million TT dollars if ah remember right

hey did de spread sheet mention all dem bracelets and tings?

even blue waters had give money, de central bank even make coins etc.

jack and dem playing de ass

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 01:11:57 PM »
That is what we paid Nakhid to be a double agent.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 01:18:50 PM »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 01:19:10 PM »
atlantic lng give 3 million TT dollars if ah remember right

hey did de spread sheet mention all dem bracelets and tings?

even blue waters had give money, de central bank even make coins etc.

jack and dem playing de ass

TTFF/LOC teams up with Graphix to put Soca Warriors in the shops.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and the Local Organising Committee 2006 has formed a partnership with Graphix Advantage Limited, a Chaguanas-based company to produce and sell “Soca Warriors” paraphernalia  from January 2006.
Chairman of the LOC Jack Warner met with Imam Baksh and Ramesh Ramdhan, representatives of Graphix Advantage on Thursday to finalise the exclusive license and authorization agreement.
Last month it was announced that Graphix would be producing Car Sun Visors to highlight the success of Leo Beenhakker’s team but now Graphix has added more items and has received the blessings of Warner and company with proceeds going towards the TTFF and Dwight Yorke and his teammates.
Baksh was delighted on getting the TTFF/LOC’s approval as he revealed the list of items that will be available to the public in a few weeks time.
They range from Kids Pencil sets to calendars, key chains and key rings, fleet wraps, banners, travel mugs, bandanas and billboard wraps among other items.
“This is truly a great opportunity for us to ensure that most if not every household has something relating with the Soca Warriors by the time the World Cup comes around next June,” Baksh told TTFF Media. “We have agreed to produce a wide selection of items which of course will be available to a cross section of the public and to corporate Trinidad and Tobago.” Baksh can be reached at his offices located at 199 Caroni Savannah Road, Chaguanas, at 671-1248 / 665-8763.
Warner, aware that there has been a huge demand for Soca Warriors paraphernalia, expressed his pleasure in the production of such and hopes that it reaches Germany by the time the team arrives there in the first week of June. He explained that it could not have been available earlier because of certain arrangements which had to be put in place for the production of official products as he sorted to ensure that the players were also involved in final agreements.
“We know there has been a huge request for items like shirts, caps, key chains, you name it and we want to assure the people that they will have the opportunity to have the Soca Warriors with them in some form in the very near future,” Warner told TTFF Media. “You will be able to get all these products not just at Graphix in Chaguanas but also in other well known public outlets like the KFCs and other sports shops and then of course we know there is also a huge demand for items in other countries so we will ensure they can also be part of this,” Warner added. Adidas T&T shirts will also be available in due course to the T&T faithful.
With that aside, Warner and TTFF President Oliver Camps wished to thank all of T&T and fans in other parts of the globe for the tremendous support they extended over the last 12 months.
“No one person could imagine how we all feel during this time of the year not only because of the success of qualifying for the first World Cup but also because of the way in which we did it together as a people. To see how we came together to beat Mexico and then to hold Bahrain and to see how we hugged each other when we beat Bahrain and now to see how we shall rally together again to get ourselves ready for England and Sweden is the best Christmas reward for all of us from Beenhakker to Dwight Yorke to Chris Birchall and Aurtis Whitley to myself and to everyone else who made this all possible. We also hope we made a happy Christmas for our people by getting to Germany,” Warner said.

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 01:44:27 PM »
wey de money Jack?  doh play de arse.like some ah dem posters here who does say I picking on yuh...tell de trute fu one yuh stammering bullah

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 01:59:07 PM »
wey de money Jack?  doh play de arse.like some ah dem posters here who does say I picking on yuh...tell de trute fu one yuh stammering bullah

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 02:06:31 PM »
I am not seeing the 10 Million that was  donated by Sabga

1]; } ?>