April 18, 2024, 10:02:50 PM

Author Topic: US-based trio joins U-17s.  (Read 4334 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
US-based trio joins U-17s.
« on: June 21, 2007, 04:52:56 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 team head coach Anton Corneal will be looking at three United States-based players who have flown into the country to join the current team in its preparations for the upcoming FIFA Under 17 World Championship in Korea.
Already here are New York-based goalkeeper Kern Caesar and Los Angeles-based forward Cameron Roget and they will continue training with the team which goes into camp this weekend after a trip to Venezuela was called off on Thursday.
Also coming in next week is forward/midfielder Aaron Maund who was a member of the United States squad of 40 players prior to the team’s participation at the final qualifying round.
Corneal was firm when saying that the incoming players will have to rightfully earn their places in the team.
“One of the main things we will ensure is that they must come with the right attitude. That is the key to whether they will be selected or not,” Corneal told TTFF Media on Thursday.
“We don’t have time to fiddle around and spend extra time with players. Playing for Trinidad and Tobago must be their priority. Once they can fit in and are prepared to work hard then it gives them a better chance of remaining with us. At this time we already have a squad of players who are dedicated and committed to our cause and are very hard in training at this point. No player will be given any advantages when it comes to selection for the national team.”
Three other players from the local Pro League, United Petrotrin’s Stephan Campbell and W Connection duo Michael Quashie and Corey Cyrus have also joined the squad.
Arsenal player Gavin Hoyte also responded negative to another inquiry on whether he would be willing to join the T&T U17s following its qualification for the World Championship, indicating that he still has ambitions to play for England. The 16-year-old centre back made the Arsenal first team bench for their FA Cup fixture with Blackburn Rovers last season. His brother Justin is also a defender with the Arsenal first team.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:58:02 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: US-based trio joins U-17s.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 04:55:36 PM »
after a trip to Venezuela was called off on Thursday.

Why was it called off?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 05:02:27 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 team head coach Anton Corneal will be looking at three United States-based players who have flown into the country to join the current team in its preparations for the upcoming FIFA  Under 17 World Championship in Korea.
Already here are New York-based goalkeeper Kern Caesar and Los Angeles-based forward Cameron Roget and they will continue training with the team which goes into camp this weekend after a trip to Venezuela was called off on Thursday.
Also coming in next week is forward/midfielder Aaron Maund who was a member of the United States squad of 40 players prior to the team’s participation at the final qualifying round.
Corneal was firm when saying that the incoming players will have to rightfully earn their places in the team.
“One of the main things we will ensure is that they must come with the right attitude. That is the key to whether they will be selected or not,” Corneal told TTFF Media on Thursday.
“We don’t have time to fiddle around and spend extra time with players. Playing for Trinidad and Tobago must be their priority. Once they can fit in and are prepared to work hard then it gives them a better chance of remaining with us. At this time we already have a squad of players who are dedicated and committed to our cause and are very hard in training at this point. No player will be given any advantages when it comes to selection for the national team.”
Three other players from the local Pro League, United Petrotrin’s Stephan Campbell and W Connection duo Michael Quashie and Corey Cyrus have also joined the squad.
Arsenal player Gavin Hoyte also responded negative to another inquiry on whether he would be willing to join the  T&T U17s following its qualification for the World Championship, indicating that he still has ambitions to play for England.  The 16-year-old centre back made the Arsenal first team bench for their FA Cup fixture with Blackburn Rovers last season. His brother Justin is also a defender with the Arsenal first team.
This guy's brother sat in front of me for the Peru game in the Marvin Lee. According to him the Technical staff are not pleased with Jesse at this point. Given Jesse's performances that isn't too outlandish.

The other fellas(local) who they invited to the team sat in the stands in Team polos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 05:28:03 PM »
Ok garvin hoyte blank we time to forget him and move on ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 05:33:50 PM »
F00ck de Hoyte brothers, like Samuel and Zamora they will die to join the Soca Warriors one day...

FOO0CK THEM...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 05:45:37 PM »
after a trip to Venezuela was called off on Thursday.

Why was it called off?

Jack and Camps and dem mustbe tief out dey travel money!! >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 06:24:15 PM »
Not sure if that is the best direction for a U-17 team.  Since when we getting into the business of recruiting/accepting foreign based at such a young age?  Next thing we end up like the US and start giving away passports at fellas 2-3 months before any major competation.  It's not fair to the youths.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 08:21:27 PM »
I find  dey join late. We know it would have happen. As 4 the game in Venezuela remember WASA alwasy ready and able. If a game eh cancel it eh go b the TTFF. Leh we see what happen with the planned 4 nation tournamnet 7-12. It should b Brazil, USA, Haiti (withtheir problems) and we
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 06:20:41 AM »
Just b/c they join the team don't mean they go make the team.  I just hope the current guys on the team don't play second fiddle to the "foreign based" players.  Play yuh game fellas, make them imports prove themselves.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 06:49:28 AM »
Anton blank Ricky Shakes from the last under 20 team. So I do not think foreign players will just walk into the team. Everyone have to earn there picks, what I am concern about is our defence. We need one or two better defenders. And yes, I am not to impress with Jessie as number 1 keeper.

Speaking about Ricky Shakes I hope he gets a call up for the Olympic team. He is still young and in time he could be one of our top players depends on well he develops. Andre Boucaud also....

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 07:05:21 AM »
i have only seen jesse play once and he was very shaky in that game, most of the rpeorts about him I have read has not been very good so we might really need an upgrade, whether it is the US based guy or ah local base i eh care.

I have no problem with the US based guys being invited, once they make the team based on performance.  I use to be against players showing up after qualification but that is human nature.  However, ppl like hoyte should never get an opportunity once they turn us down, dont show up when yuh 34/35, never fulfil yuh england dream and bawl u is ah soca warrior.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 08:44:02 AM »
i have only seen jesse play once and he was very shaky in that game, most of the rpeorts about him I have read has not been very good so we might really need an upgrade, whether it is the US based guy or ah local base i eh care.

I have no problem with the US based guys being invited, once they make the team based on performance.  I use to be against players showing up after qualification but that is human nature.  However, ppl like hoyte should never get an opportunity once they turn us down, dont show up when yuh 34/35, never fulfil yuh england dream and bawl u is ah soca warrior.

Shaka may not have officially blanked us (don't remember) but remember he too was holding out for very long, hoping to represent England...TnT was not his first choice.  Not a slap at Shaka, just refuting your position that we should be so harsh on these young fellas.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »

Shaka may not have officially blanked us (don't remember) but remember he too was holding out for very long, hoping to represent England...TnT was not his first choice.  Not a slap at Shaka, just refuting your position that we should be so harsh on these young fellas.

good point about shaka, u are right..he was hoping for ah england call up but the reason i gave him slack was the fact he represented us at youth level..he wasnt ah waggonist.

1]; } ?>