March 28, 2024, 03:31:12 AM

Author Topic: 2010 Qualifiers gearing up - Asian round 1 Oct 8  (Read 2080 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
2010 Qualifiers gearing up - Asian round 1 Oct 8
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:44:46 PM »
ROUND 1 Fixtures ( Oct 8 )

In the draw held at the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) House in Bukit Jalil today, Malaysia, ranked 154 in the FIFA world ranking and 31 in Asia, open their campaign in an away tie against Bahrain who are ranked 88, on Oct 8, and face the Middle-Eastern country here on Oct 28.

Pakistan vs Iraq, Uzbekistan vs Chinese Taipei, Thailand vs Macau, Sri Lanka vs Qatar, China vs Myanmar, Bhutan vs Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan vs Jordan, Vietnam vs UAE, Bahrain vs Malaysia, Timor Leste vs Hong Kong, Syria vs Afghanistan, Yemen vs Maldives, Bangladesh vs Tajikistan, Mongolia vs North Korea, Oman vs Nepal, Palestine vs Singapore, Lebanon vs India, Cambodia vs Turkmenistan, Guam vs Indonesia.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 12:14:51 AM by E-man »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Qualifiers gearing up - Asian round 1 Oct 8
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 10:55:06 AM »
ROUND 1 Fixtures (Oct 8):

In the draw held at the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) House in Bukit Jalil today, Malaysia, ranked 154 in the FIFA world ranking and 31 in Asia, open their campaign in an away tie against Bahrain who are ranked 88, on Oct 8, and face the Middle-Eastern country here on Oct 28.

Pakistan vs Iraq, Uzbekistan vs Chinese Taipei, Thailand vs Macau, Sri Lanka vs Qatar, China vs Myanmar, Bhutan vs Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan vs Jordan, Vietnam vs UAE, Bahrain vs Malaysia, Timor Leste vs Hong Kong, Syria vs Afghanistan, Yemen vs Maldives, Bangladesh vs Tajikistan, Mongolia vs North Korea, Oman vs Nepal, Palestine vs Singapore, Lebanon vs India, Cambodia vs Turkmenistan, Guam vs Indonesia.

I heard this fixture is interfering with India's plans to launch a pro league.

Found that quite interesting. Imagine lowly India (in footballing standards) is about to go in that direction.

Could constitute immense room for growth considering the sheer numbers that could emerge from the game in a country of more than 1 billion. At the grassroots football is very popular. What's lacking is infrastructure across the board.

With some of the new technical enhancement initiatives they've fostered with Brazil and the Dutch (and of course the British/Portuguese have been around in some form) the future could be real bright from the sub-continent.

May even change the face of our game.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 01:13:06 PM »
ROUND 1 Fixtures (Oct 8):

I heard this fixture is interfering with India's plans to launch a pro league.

Found that quite interesting. Imagine lowly India (in footballing standards) is about to go in that direction.

Could constitute immense room for growth considering the sheer numbers that could emerge from the game in a country of more than 1 billion. At the grassroots football is very popular. What's lacking is infrastructure across the board.

With some of the new technical enhancement initiatives they've fostered with Brazil and the Dutch (and of course the British/Portuguese have been around in some form) the future could be real bright from the sub-continent.

May even change the face of our game.

i spoke to some indians about the downfall of football and ther rise of cricket, at one point, football was number #1 in india, when they did well in the asian cup, i believe the olympics and qualified for the world cup, then came cricket, which was paying more money than football and people switched, it killed football and other sports in india, now they are looking at getting back to being number #1 in asia in football, i think its possible...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 01:14:21 PM »
Intersting that this was revived and no one saw it fit to post the results: I've included the latest rankings of each team :

(175) Bangladesh 1:1 (0:0) Tajikistan (151)
(117) Thailand 6:1 (2:1) Macau (188)
(123) Syria 3:0 (0:0) Afghanistan (191)
(144) Lebanon   4:1 (1:1) India (145)
(130) Vietnam   0:1 (0:0) United Arab Emirates (102)
(141) Yemen 3:0 (1:0) Maldives (165)
(157) Palestine 0:4 (0:1) Singapore (Played in Qatar) (138)
(79) Oman 2:0 (2:0) Nepal (185)
(178) Cambodia 0:1 (0:0) Turkmenistan (174)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:26:56 PM »
i feverishly searching thru mih family grapevine to see which of dem shit side i could qualify to play for.

keeping de world cup dream alive!

1]; } ?>