March 28, 2024, 06:54:55 AM

Author Topic: Its Official. Barcelona Land Thierry Henry for 16 million pounds !!!  (Read 7530 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Its Official. Barcelona Land Thierry Henry for 16 million pounds !!!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 04:04:40 PM »
i feel there is ah high probability that eto'o on his way out especially since he and ronaldinho have issues.
Ah find it interesting that no one seems to be considering the possibility that Ronaldinho might be the one to leave instead of Eto.

Well Laporta say that Ronaldinho and Eto'o eh gehing sell, so we'll see. Wouldn't signing Henry make Eto'o kinna redundant?
Not really. 2 speedy and highly skillful strikers. And Thierry also holds the ball as a center forward that Eto'o can play off of.
Anyhow it turn out, watching Barcelona play next season should be a real treat. Unless of course they turn around and sell off half de side. ;)
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 08:00:43 PM »
This will be a major blow to the Gunner's chances for the title this upcoming season. As much as I dislike Arsenal I absolutely respect them as a worthy opponent for the Title instead of Chelsea and having Henry leave for the Nou Camp will be a crushing blow to their morale.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 08:11:07 PM »
like Arsenal and Wenger ent have a business brain when it comes to selling players or what?..first Vieria and now Henry..steups..who next Fabregas?..next thing yuh know Barcelona lining up wenger to caoch them next season  ;)
all dem Frenchmen too damn whiny..he get make captain plus he just sign a 4 year contract and he not feeling to stay now  ::)
maybe Reyes coming back..but ah feel is now van Rapist go shine once he stay injury free.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 11:37:32 PM »
Well even though I admire Arsenal brand, I must say I don't feel sorry for them. They had a good run but never been until Wenger that big a deal. Tired of the same top 4 every year so now this will give teams like Totenham and Everton a whole lot of incentive to grab that spot and hopefully bring EPL on par with La Liga in terms of competitiveness top to bottom.
As a Barca fan, to be honest I not sure how I feel about this signing (yes u askin if I crazy). This though is based on the fact that for the last 5-6 years i've been giving so much talk to ppl who support Real Madrid and tellin them how the Galacticos era wouldn't necessarily bring success which was proven to b true until this last season of that era. I love Henry as much as any football fan who appreciates greatness, yet I waitin to actually c how he fit into the team and not jumpin for joy just yet. That is also based on Sheva at Chelsea last yr, because I wouldn't dare call d great Shev a shithound but we all saw with our eyes what happened last season so I implore my fellow Barca supporters not to start talkin about 'we win d title aready jed'. I honestly don't want to c too many stars comin into d team, look Chelsea learn they lesson now too, as did Real. I prefer to c solid players coming in to compliment 2 or 3 stars because granny always tell d I 'too much cook spoil d broth...or whateva'  ;)
As for the person who mention Henry went for 16 mil and Bent price is 17 mil...I am no expert but Henry is 29 and Bent is about 22 so you figure it out. I don't tink Bent worth that much but u not only payin for the fact he a proven goalscorer in the prem, u also payin for the potential to b even better in the future wheras Henry will only (u would think) b at his current level for a few more yrs and then decline, thaz my opinion anyway. Blessed
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2007, 05:54:33 AM »
Ok, Arsenal have confirmed it. What a waste. Why he didn't go last year? Why sign de four-year contract? I love Henry as much as de next Arsenal fan, but he move suspect dey.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 06:04:42 AM »
Ok, Arsenal have confirmed it. What a waste. Why he didn't go last year? Why sign de four-year contract? I love Henry as much as de next Arsenal fan, but he move suspect dey.

nothing suspect about it, things change. Wenger like too much young boys, somebody called Arsenal a football University,well is one setta freshmen at that Univ, it need some upperclassmen.

"The fact that Arsene Wenger has decided not to extend his contract was another very important factor," he said.

Henry pointed to his age, the Wenger aspect and the departure of director David Dein in April as his reasons in an open letter to readers of Britain's Sun newspaper.

WENGER DOUBT

"It's now or never for me -- sadly it has to be now," Henry was quoted as saying.

"Arsene Wenger has said that at this moment he will not commit to the club past the expiration of his current deal, which finishes at the end of this coming season.

"I respect his decision and honesty but I will be 31 at the end of next season and I cannot take the chance to be there without Arsene Wenger and David Dein.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 08:08:44 AM »
http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/comment/article2697813.ece

A good article from the Independent. Wenger, as much as I dislike him, is a shrewd manager. Henry is almost 30 and an inevitable slide in performance is in the offing. Wenger knows this and sees the value in cashing in now (remember he is often loath to keep players well into their 30s and with Henry signing a 4 year deal...)

It might seem a good bit of business for Barca, but we'll see. I for one am not convinced.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/comment/article2697813.ece
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 11:47:17 AM »
Henry will suffer in Spain

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »
Henry will suffer in Spain

i am not so sure of that.  he might not be the pichichi next season in spain but i think he will do very well.   either that or defenders will pay so much attention to him that it will open up space for etoo and co....kind of like what some pundits were saying about shevchenko and drogba this season

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How Will Henry Handle the Racism in Spain ?
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »

It's something he hasn't had to deal with that much while playing for Arsenal here in England, doubt he had to deal with it either in Monaco, and though I can't be sure about his days in Juventus, I'm sure it was no where near the level that we've seen in Spain.

Who remembers Eto picking up the ball and wanting to walk off the pitch against Zaragoza after repeated monkey chants?

Henry was a member of the Stand Up/Speak Out Campaign launched by Nike, it'll be interesting to see how he handles the taunts or if he goes the route of Larsson in staying under the radar.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:52:00 PM by Peong »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2007, 02:58:17 PM »
Dat Unifrom suit ya Killa.

You know dem La Liga defenders done call off their holidays and hitting the gym one time for some speed training.

Arriiiight....Now call your boy Fabregas and tell him is time to come home  ;D :devil:

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How Will Henry Handle the Racism in Spain ?
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2007, 05:44:02 PM »
 Henry is the best man to answer that question for you.   However don't assume that he did not have to deal with that issue in England.  Racism is world wide and not just  limited to Spain. 

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2007, 09:27:18 PM »

this man really knew what he was doing  a year ago

Big up yuh self boss, nice piece ah research. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2007, 06:09:09 AM »
Ok..

Next years line up should start off as...

Valdez

Zambrotta     Puyol   Marquez   Gio

Edmilson

Messi      Xavi     Ronaldinho 

Eto'o     Henry

Bench:   Deco, Thuram, Oleguer, Sylvinho, Giuly, Toure

I foresee this side leaking some goals next year if they try squeezing in all this attacking talent into the starting lineup.. Like the Real Madrid of the not too distant past..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2007, 08:13:09 AM »
Edmilson is out for 6 months.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2007, 08:22:53 AM »
Ok..

Valdez

Edmilson

Eto'o     Henry

I foresee this side leaking some goals next year if they try squeezing in all this attacking talent into the starting lineup.. Like the Real Madrid of the not too distant past..

Nice line up but I would prefer Toure instead of Edmilson
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2007, 08:30:03 AM »
Ok..

Valdez

Edmilson

Eto'o     Henry

Boss..Guily hadda go. And yuh forget Iniesta from yuh bench. Big player. He and Xavi will interchange. Deco is not riding the bench. Marquez eh starting before Thuram (bit Rijkaard really seems to like him). But by the end of last season, Thuram was looking imperious.

My 11

Valdez

Zambrotta                 Puyol                Thuram                 Van B

Marquez
                                               Deco                                  Xavi

Messi                           Henry                    Ronaldinho

Top men off the Bench:  Oleguer, Iniesta, Motta, Sylvinho, Toure, Eto'o, G. Dos Santos

There will of course be others who will get a chance off the bench. Eto'o will be gone by the Jan transfer window if Henry is a success. Edmilson will get back his spot when fit and marquez will rotate with the aging Thuram who won't play every game in the season. Iniesta is the first man off the bench and will start a few games. This will be Dos Santos first year of decen first team action. They will introduce hm carefully like what they did with messi

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2007, 08:36:30 AM »
Ok..

Valdez

Edmilson

Eto'o     Henry

Boss..Guily hadda go. And yuh forget Iniesta from yuh bench. Big player. He and Xavi will interchange. Deco is not riding the bench. Marquez eh starting before Thuram (bit Rijkaard really seems to like him). But by the end of last season, Thuram was looking imperious.

My 11

Valdez

Zambrotta                 Puyol                Thuram                 Van B

Marquez
                                               Deco                                  Xavi

Messi                           Henry                    Ronaldinho

Top men off the Bench:  Oleguer, Iniesta, Motta, Sylvinho, Toure, Eto'o, G. Dos Santos

There will of course be others who will get a chance off the bench. Eto'o will be gone by the Jan transfer window if Henry is a success. Edmilson will get back his spot when fit and marquez will rotate with the aging Thuram who won't play every game in the season. Iniesta is the first man off the bench and will start a few games. This will be Dos Santos first year of decen first team action. They will introduce hm carefully like what they did with messi

ah really hope Marquez regain his form, because last season was one that he truly should try to forget.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2007, 08:39:34 AM »
Ok..

Valdez

Edmilson

Eto'o     Henry

My 11

Valdez

Zambrotta                 Puyol                Thuram                 Van B

Marquez
                                               Deco                                  Xavi

Messi                           Henry                    Ronaldinho

Top men off the Bench:  Oleguer, Iniesta, Motta, Sylvinho, Toure, Eto'o, G. Dos Santos

Meh boy I ain't no clairvoyant, I call de side based on today's roster, not on who might go and who might come..

good call re: iniesta, but you bench eto'o boy???  nah man...

I like your side but we have to admit... Any side with good wingers will murder this barcelona team cause it have no way deco, ronaldinho or messi getting back there fast enough to cover that area of real estate, and with all the attacking must-starters now in that team, it seems obvious that they can only go with one Defensive Mid...  Zambrotta and Gio have real work to do this year and I feel a Chelsea will hurt this team unless some of the stars ride some pine..

we'll see what happens i guess..

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2007, 09:02:53 AM »
Yeh boy Omar. I only call who I feel riding out to give reasons for who I think will be on the bench..or not.

But I think Barca sizing up a Eto'o departure. Especially if Henry lights it up..they actually would rather offload him for big money now. His relationship with the club is strained and he is a little bit crazy. Remember, he insulted not only Rijkaard, but the prez..and some fellas in the boardroom. Those suits have some inflated egos and dey doh forgive and forget. I really think that buying Henry was the first step. Eto'o getting slowly shown the door. I am of course only guessing. I praying that I'm wrong. Actually think Ronaldinho might follow soon after if Messi could stay injury free and Dos Santos start to achieve his potential. Messi is fast emerging as the icon of the club. His is the image they will push as the face of Barca. Used to be Ronnie..but I sense a change. If that is the case, they will eventually sell the Brazilian before his value drops too low..so they will sell him when he is still playing well. But football is a fickle thing..a great season by Eto'o or Ronaldinho next season and they will be darlings of the Nou Camp again

Barca won the double with a similar lineup as the one I have with 3 forwrds..Iniesta and Deco and 1 defensive mid. I not worried about this side collecting too much wood so long as Deco and Xavi or Iniesta put in a shift. People doh realize how great their workrate is off the ball too. That is the secret.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 09:23:43 AM »
If Eto'o is sold they won't have a problem with the line-up however I hope he isn't since he's plenty better than Henry in my books...

If he isn't, everyone knows that Rijkaard will have to try to find a way to squeeze all ah dem into the line-up... Cause you know if Eto'o get bench; well if you thought we hear tears last year, well we ent hear nothing yet...

And also it don't have enough space on that barca bench for both Henry and his ego..

What it means is that somebody from midfield go be sacrificed and i feel it go be deco.. Xavi is too crucial to that system with his retaining the ball and distribution (or Iniesta, just referring to the position)...  Then after that they need to have a defensive mid, one of either Motta/Edmilson/Toure will suffice..

It just have to be Deco!! They could play Eto'o up top and Henry and Messi on either side of him, and Ronaldinho in de centre where Deco was playing...

If not, and it's a toss-up between Henry and Eto'o for playing time, then it go be real ruction and unrest in de Nou Camp this year..

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2007, 09:25:04 AM »
Yeh boy Omar. I only call who I feel riding out to give reasons for who I think will be on the bench..or not.

But I think Barca sizing up a Eto'o departure. Especially if Henry lights it up..they actually would rather offload him for big money now. His relationship with the club is strained and he is a little bit crazy. Remember, he insulted not only Rijkaard, but the prez..and some fellas in the boardroom. Those suits have some inflated egos and dey doh forgive and forget. I really think that buying Henry was the first step. Eto'o getting slowly shown the door. I am of course only guessing. I praying that I'm wrong. Actually think Ronaldinho might follow soon after if Messi could stay injury free and Dos Santos start to achieve his potential. Messi is fast emerging as the icon of the club. His is the image they will push as the face of Barca. Used to be Ronnie..but I sense a change. If that is the case, they will eventually sell the Brazilian before his value drops too low..so they will sell him when he is still playing well. But football is a fickle thing..a great season by Eto'o or Ronaldinho next season and they will be darlings of the Nou Camp again

Barca won the double with a similar lineup as the one I have with 3 forwrds..Iniesta and Deco and 1 defensive mid. I not worried about this side collecting too much wood so long as Deco and Xavi or Iniesta put in a shift. People doh realize how great their workrate is off the ball too. That is the secret.

And when Real get Kaka?  :devil:.......... :devil:........... :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2007, 09:58:11 AM »
Steups. I still say he shoulda keep he ass whey he was.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2007, 10:00:31 AM »
mods delete this whole thread

this sour meh blasted belly
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2007, 10:14:09 AM »
If Eto'o is sold they won't have a problem with the line-up however I hope he isn't since he's plenty better than Henry in my books...

If he isn't, everyone knows that Rijkaard will have to try to find a way to squeeze all ah dem into the line-up... Cause you know if Eto'o get bench; well if you thought we hear tears last year, well we ent hear nothing yet...

And also it don't have enough space on that barca bench for both Henry and his ego..

What it means is that somebody from midfield go be sacrificed and i feel it go be deco.. Xavi is too crucial to that system with his retaining the ball and distribution (or Iniesta, just referring to the position)...  Then after that they need to have a defensive mid, one of either Motta/Edmilson/Toure will suffice..

It just have to be Deco!! They could play Eto'o up top and Henry and Messi on either side of him, and Ronaldinho in de centre where Deco was playing...

If not, and it's a toss-up between Henry and Eto'o for playing time, then it go be real ruction and unrest in de Nou Camp this year..

i hear yuh, but I feel u really underestimate the value of Deco.
i really cannot see Barca playing all 4 and winning anything. even with a defensive mid..that side belly real sorf. imo, Deco will play before all 4 (Henry, Eto'o, Ronnie, Messi) start

but we'll have to see. rich man's problem they call that.

Rijkaard..is all you boss. I go sit back and watch the drama unfold

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2007, 10:19:39 AM »
i feel a fully fit Ronaldinho could do it in Deco position.. (i hope he training like Rocky all now after last year's gap break)

Henry could roam free out on de left and cut in like how Ronaldinho was playing before..

:frustrated:

geez on ages i getting a headache thinking bout de permutations..

this is why i stop like Real Madrid after they sell Makalele

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
Motta as good as gone....Good player and still only 24. A new club could reignite his career

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=441622&cc=5901

MADRID, June 26 (Reuters) - Barcelona's Brazilian-born midfielder Thiago Motta is surplus to requirements at the club, sports director Txiki Begiristain said on Tuesday.

The Catalan side have just completed the signing of Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure from Monaco for over 10 million euros ($13.46 million).

'With the signing of Toure and the presence of Rafael Marquez and Edmilson, once he recovers from his injury, the defensive midfield position will be well covered,' he told a news conference.

When asked why he had excluded Motta's name from the list of players who can play in that role, Begiristain said: 'We have been saying for four years that Motta could be one of the best players in the world for this position.

'But we had a chat with Thiago a few months ago and came to the conclusion that perhaps it was best for him to find a solution outside the club.'

The 24-year-old was given a few days off in March after missing a training session without permission. Coach Frank Rijkaard said the player needed time to get himself together.

Motta later apologised in a news conference and said he had suffered a loss of confidence after being heavily criticised for some of his performances.

He only made five league starts for Barca last season.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2007, 11:29:15 AM »
this is why i stop like Real Madrid after they sell Makalele

waggonist  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>