March 28, 2024, 10:58:36 PM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911636 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #660 on: April 05, 2009, 01:01:37 PM »
So was the one Liverstool scored yesterday!

Okay...

I'm sure that is of some sort of relevance... somewhere.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 05, 2009, 01:08:23 PM »
Classic...f**king Brilliant

I've been watching reserve highlights this season and every game kiko scores... I was wondering when will he get a spot on the bench... but he was nervous as f**k when he came on but WHAT A GOAL!...

he has a lot of heart and will definitely be a future star at OT...

We were missing a good bit of 1st teamers today and it showed but the heart showed to win the game was tops especially the way we won...

This game due to the late show will cause:
Heads to drop in merseyside
and
Confidence and the heart re instilled at Old Trafford

ARE YOU f**kING WATCHING MERSEYSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah; I saw the reserve game last week when he scored the hat trick... he's been doing it week in week out. I've been watching him for a while. Almost the entire bench was from the reserve side from last week's game (Eckersley, Kikko, Lee Martin; they all had good games). Fergie is serious about these youths and Ole is doing a great job with the reserves. Great result for the team. The battle is well joined.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 05, 2009, 07:14:47 PM »
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:13:18 PM by Cantona007 »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 05, 2009, 07:15:39 PM »
Rooney, Scholes & Vidic Set To Return For Manchester United Against Porto
The Red Devils will welcome back a trio of stars in time for Tuesday's Champions League tie...

Manchester United will receive a boost for their Champions League tie with Porto at Old Trafford on Tuesday night, as a trio of key men are set to return.

Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes and Nemanja Vidic, players whose absence would seriously weaken any side, were forced to watch their side's dramatic 3-2 home victory over Aston Villa today from the stands, but should be back in action against the Portuguese outfit.

Industrious South Korean winger Ji-Sung Park is also set to be available for selection once more, though there is less favourable news concerning defender Rio Ferdinand and Brazilian midfielder Anderson, neither of     whom look likely to be ready in time after picking up knocks whilst on international duty last week.

"I don't think any of the injured players will be back on Tuesday," United manager Alex Ferguson told MUTV.

"But we do have the suspended players back which is good. Vida [Vidic] will play alongside Jonny Evans at the back with John O'Shea moving to right-back.

"Rooney and Scholes are also available which will give us a bit more penetration and experience, and Ji-Sung Park will also be ready so I've got some good options for Tuesday."

There was also a slight doubt over Ryan Giggs, though this was more to do with the effects of what fatigue might have on the Welshman's veteran legs rather than any injury.

Ferguson concluded, "I'll have to assess how Ryan [Giggs] is after playing the 90 minutes against Villa. It's a big ask for someone at 35 years of age to play another game two days later at the kind of level we play."

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 07, 2009, 04:14:33 PM »
I will always rate Ferguson over Wenger..all the talk bout youth this youth that...he would never put on a 17yr old under the circumstances that Macheda was brought on...no doubt in my find Ferguson was expecting him to score

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 09, 2009, 05:21:54 PM »
Premier League Preview: Sunderland – Manchester United
Both teams need three points for entirely different reasons as the Black Cats welcome the Red Devils to the Stadium of Light...
9 Apr 2009 20:56:17

The honeymoon period is over, and Ricky Sbragia is desperately searching for the result that will see Sunderland beat their North East rivals to Premier League survival.

Since taking over the Sunderland hot seat in December, the former Manchester United reserve team coach has presided over a less than inspiring spell in charge.

The free scoring wins against Hull City and West Bromwich Albion are a now but a distant memory. Last weekend’s 2-0 loss to a depleted West Ham United side has raised the pressure even more as the trap door back to the Championship beckons.

In any normal period, the visit of the reigning English and European champions would hardly seem like the type of fixture to get an inspiring result from. However, the Black Cats faithful know it’s time to pounce.

For an upset to be registered, the home side’s front men must re-discover their shooting boots. French international Djibril Cisse and highly rated target man Kenwyne Jones were supposed to be the men to fire the club to safety.

The disappointing duo have instead have failed to find the back of the net since the beginning of February. When this is aligned with a leaky defence, all the ingredients for a recipe for relegation are present.

With United’s rearguard in an uncharacteristically welcoming mode, the front men should get plenty of opportunities to re-discover their scoring touch.

If they make Edwin Van der Sar pick the ball out of his net, then the Red and Whites should be galvanised enough to send Middlesbrough and Newcastle United down a division.

Stumbling On

After getting out of jail against Aston Villa, the visit of Porto was supposed to herald the re-birth of Manchester United’s five pronged quest for honours.

Sir Alex Ferguson’s men now travel up the A1 to Sunderland with their Champions League dream hanging by a thread and Premier League ambitions called into question once more.

To put it kindly, the Red Devils were disappointing against the Portuguese in the 2-2 draw. Second best in every department, and lucky not to be three goals down within the opening 20 minutes, the Scottish manager will have forcibly told his players that a repeat show on Saturday is not acceptable.

Again, the Mancunians record breaking rearguard bore the brunt of the manager’s wrath. Just four minutes were on the clock when Jonny Evans put the first on a plate, and just one minute was left when a mix up allowed Mariano in the clear to equalise.

Sure, Sunderland are hardly firing on all cylinders. But, if goals are handed out cheaply again, then the Premier League momentum which has swayed in the Reds favour after Liverpool’s dreadful loss to Chelsea will be stopped dead in its tracks.

Thankfully for anyone of a United persuasion, the blow to the ribs which Wayne Rooney suffered on Tuesday night is not expected to keep him out of the action. The Scouser was United’s only saving grace that night.

Without him in the side, his bitter enemies from the other half of Merseyside could be in a celebratory mood once more by Saturday evening.

FORM GUIDE

Sunderland:

April 04 vs. West Ham United (A) LOST 2-0 (PREM)

March 22 vs. Manchester City (A) LOST 1-0 (PREM)

March 14 vs. Wigan Athletic (H) LOST 2-1 (PREM)

March 07 vs. Tottenham Hotspur (H) DREW 1-1 (PREM)

March 03 vs. Liverpool (A) LOST 2-0 (PREM)

Manchester United:

April 07 vs. Porto (H) DREW 2-2 (CHAMP LG)

April 05 vs. Aston Villa (H) WON 3-2 (PREM)

March 21 vs. Fulham (A) LOST 2-0 (PREM)

March 14 vs. Liverpool (H) LOST 4-1 (PREM)

March 11 vs. Internazionale (H) WON 2-0 (CHAMP LG)

TEAM NEWS

Sunderland:

George McCartney is expected to be back in the match day squad after recovering from an ankle injury. Centre back Calum Davenport also returns to the fold after being unable to feature against parent club West Ham United last weekend.

Finland international Teemu Tainio (knee) and David Connolly (groin) are still sidelined.

Last starting XI (vs. West Ham United): Gordon, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Ben-Haim, Collins, Malbranque (Edwards 75), Whitehead, Richardson, Leadbitter, Cisse, Murphy (Jones 54).
Subs Not Used: Fulop, Nosworthy, Reid, Healy, McShane.

Squad: Gordon, Fulop, Colgan, McCartney, Nosworthy, Davenport, Bardsley, McShane, Ferdinand, Ben-Haim, Collins, Malbranque, Edwards, Reid, Yorke, Whitehead, Richardson, Leadbitter, Healy, Cisse, Murphy, Jones.

Possible starting XI: Gordon, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Davenport, Collins, Malbranque, Whitehead, Richardson, Leadbitter, Cisse, Jones.

Manchester United:

Question marks hang over the participation of central defenders Jonny Evans (groin) and Rio Ferdinand (groin) for the visit to the Stadium of Light.

Anderson (thigh) and Rafael (foot) are also likely to be missing. Wes Brown (foot) and Dimitar Berbatov (foot) are still a week away from returning. Owen Hargreaves (knee) continues his rehabilitation from surgery.

Last starting XI (vs. Porto): Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Evans (Neville 72), Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes (Tevez 72), Ronaldo, Rooney, Park (Giggs 58).
Subs Not Used: Foster, Eckersley, Nani, Macheda.

Squad: Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Evra, O’Shea, Evans, Ferdinand, Fabio, Eckersley, Fletcher, Carrick, Possebon, Gibson, Park, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, Ronaldo, Macheda, Tevez, Rooney, Welbeck.

Possible starting XI: Van der Sar, O’Shea, Vidic, Neville, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Sunderland: Just like his team-mates, Steed Malbranque has lost his spark in recent months. The former Fulham player enjoyed tormenting Manchester United several times during his days as a Cottager. If he can provide the inspiration once again, then Sunderland might just get the result needed to steady a sinking ship.

Manchester United: As the Reds defensive crisis deepens, Nemanja Vidic must use his famous resolve to drag his team-mates through. The Serbian wasn’t at his best on his return from suspension in mid-week, but with Rio Ferdinand and Jonny Evans scratching for full fitness, United are relying on him to keep Sunderland out.

PREDICTION

Whatever happens on Saturday, don’t expect to tune in and see a classic game. Both teams are struggling to mount the final hurdle, and this should be a closely fought contest.

Manchester United’s superior quality will see them through ahead of Ricky Sbragia’s relegation threatened side, but the margin between victory and defeat will be narrow.

Sunderland 1-2 Manchester United

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 09, 2009, 09:50:56 PM »
i really don't want Ronaldo playing in this game.......put him on the bench, start him on the bench against Porto as well.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 10, 2009, 07:51:17 AM »
What ah finish by the youth! Sweet turn and once again today Friedel get beaten on his left hand???? Three goals in the same post. WOW!

Yeah... I thought the final two goals were kinda soft.  Nothing away from Macheda's strike though.

Ronaldo's yes- but I think Friedel saw it late..

Macheda- not sure- that goal was an above average goal in my opinion...The turn was especially clinical
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 10, 2009, 09:00:04 AM »
what made it special was it was one touch.

ridiculo
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 11, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »
Kiko strikes again. Keep up the good work young man.  :devil:
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 11, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »
What ah finish by the youth! Sweet turn and once again today Friedel get beaten on his left hand???? Three goals in the same post. WOW!

Yeah... I thought the final two goals were kinda soft.  Nothing away from Macheda's strike though.

Macheda- not sure- that goal was an above average goal in my opinion...The turn was especially clinical

My point on Macheda's goal isn't so much the execution... as I said, taking nothing away from what he did, but let's be honest, there wasn't that much power behind it that Friedel couldn't do anything with it.  He got beat but better range or quicker reaction (maybe even positioning) and he would have been able to stop it.  Seems like some are construing my comments as some slight against ManU's latest wunderkind... which it isn't.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 11, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »

My point on Macheda's goal isn't so much the execution... as I said, taking nothing away from what he did, but let's be honest, there wasn't that much power behind it that Friedel couldn't do anything with it.  He got beat but better range or quicker reaction (maybe even positioning) and he would have been able to stop it.  Seems like some are construing my comments as some slight against ManU's latest wunderkind... which it isn't.

Nah I was just commenting on your description of it as a "soft goal"....I wouldn't describe it as such.

To me it looked like a well placed shot outta the keeper's reach with a decent amount of bend on it- not sure if Friedel had much of a chance- he looked to be at full stretch, but like yuh say maybe his reaction was slow and his positioning was bad....I didn't observe that.

On the first goal he was like a fish outta water, on the second, he seemed to have seen it late...the last one I give him a bligh...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 11, 2009, 05:00:55 PM »
Nah I was just commenting on your description of it as a "soft goal"....I wouldn't describe it as such.

To me it looked like a well placed shot outta the keeper's reach with a decent amount of bend on it- not sure if Friedel had much of a chance- he looked to be at full stretch, but like yuh say maybe his reaction was slow and his positioning was bad....I didn't observe that.

On the first goal he was like a fish outta water, on the second, he seemed to have seen it late...the last one I give him a bligh...

Nah man, ah say it was "kinda soft"... co-signing on Observer's point that of late Friedel seems to have issues covering to his left.  Ah even went on to say that I meant to take nothing from Macheda's effort.  Only reason I fault his positioning is that from the replays I remember him taking a step to his right before realizing the ball was coming to his left... that step took him out of making a play on the ball.

Bottomline is I'm not faulting Friedel for allowing the goal... I think he should have done better with it ("kinda soft"), but Macheda's effort was brilliant enough to make a good argument that despite his best efforts the goal would have scored... wasn't trying to make any argument on Macheda's goal.  Ronaldo's is another story.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 11, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »
I hear you- I guess I didn't really pay as close attention...Friedel may indeed have a slight weakness going to his left... or maybe it just wasn't his day (that first goal was such a botched effort on his part)... but one thing we can agree on is that just the sheer hype alone (quality notwithstanding) surrounding Macheda's debut goal was overshadowing enough to spare Friedel any blushes could he have in fact done any better on the last effort. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:25:15 PM by kicker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 11, 2009, 05:44:31 PM »
I hear you- I guess I didn't really pay as close attention...Friedel may indeed have a slight weakness going to his left... or maybe it just wasn't his day (that first goal was such a botched effort on his part)... but one thing we can agree on is that just the sheer hype alone (quality notwithstanding) surrounding Macheda's debut goal was overshadowing enough to spare Friedel any blushes could he have in fact done any better on the last effort. 

I take absolutely nothing away from Macheda... given the stakes; given the stage of the game; given his age; given the fact that it was his first start.  Brilliant way to seize the moment to not just win it for his club, but win it win a nice piece of skill to set up a nice effort that connected.  In a meaningless game it would be a good goal... in a game that may eventually prove title-clincher it takes on superlative dimensions.

giggsy11

« Reply #675 on: April 12, 2009, 11:49:39 AM »
Is about damn time! 

Sir Alex Ferguson issues rare public criticism of Cristiano Ronaldo• Ferguson grows tired of 24-year-old's histrionics
• 'You can't get everything your own way'

guardian.co.uk, Sunday 12 April 2009 11.04 BST Article history

Cristiano Ronaldo has grown increasingly frustrated at the perceived lack of protection from referees.

Sir Alex Ferguson has criticised Cristiano Ronaldo, chastising his behaviour in recent matches and telling the Manchester United winger: "You can't get everything your own way."

Ronaldo was an instrumental figure for United last season, scoring 42 goals as Ferguson's side clinched the Premier League and Champions League double and although the Portugal international remains United's leading goalscorer with 19 goals this campaign, his influence has waned this campaign.

Ronaldo has increasingly shown signs of frustration at his perceived rough treatment at the hands of opposition defenders and, after being guilty of giving the ball away in the lead-up to goals for Aston Villa and Porto last week, was dropped to the substitute's bench for Manchester United's 2-1 win at Sunderland yesterday. Ferguson also issued a rare public condemnation.

"I don't accept that he will give goals away because of the player he is," said Ferguson. "I speak to him about it. I don't accept that from anyone. In European football, if you give the ball away it takes a long time to get it back."

Ferguson said that Ronaldo had grown tired of some players trying everything they could to stop him, but the United manager believes that the World Player of the Year is allowing frustration to get the run of him.

"He always feels he's not getting the proper protection from referees and I think that, maybe, in quite a few cases he is right, and a few cases he is not right," said Ferguson. "It's hard when a player who wants to entertain doesn't get everything his own way. But you can't get everything your own way. He understands that and there's not a problem with that."

Ferguson, who brought Ronaldo on midway through the second half of his side's victory at the Stadium of Light, will hope that his rebuke gets the desired reaction from the 24-year-old – who has been linked with a £75m summer move to Real Madrid – at Porto on Wednesday, where United must become the first English side to win at the Estadio do Dragao if they are to stay in the Champions League.

"It's just a frustration that he feels he doesn't get the decision and he gets upset about it," added Ferguson. "I think, obviously, he doesn't enjoy that and he knows he's letting himself down more than anything. He holds his hands up. I have had to remind him about that but I'm not getting into what has been said."
| Privacy policy | Terms & conditions | Advertising guide | Accessibility | A-Z index |

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 12, 2009, 12:04:54 PM »
Steups, one overgrown cry baby
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 12, 2009, 01:59:59 PM »
Is about damn time! 

Sir Alex Ferguson issues rare public criticism of Cristiano Ronaldo• Ferguson grows tired of 24-year-old's histrionics
• 'You can't get everything your own way'

guardian.co.uk, Sunday 12 April 2009 11.04 BST Article history

Cristiano Ronaldo has grown increasingly frustrated at the perceived lack of protection from referees.

Sir Alex Ferguson has criticised Cristiano Ronaldo, chastising his behaviour in recent matches and telling the Manchester United winger: "You can't get everything your own way."

Ronaldo was an instrumental figure for United last season, scoring 42 goals as Ferguson's side clinched the Premier League and Champions League double and although the Portugal international remains United's leading goalscorer with 19 goals this campaign, his influence has waned this campaign.

Ronaldo has increasingly shown signs of frustration at his perceived rough treatment at the hands of opposition defenders and, after being guilty of giving the ball away in the lead-up to goals for Aston Villa and Porto last week, was dropped to the substitute's bench for Manchester United's 2-1 win at Sunderland yesterday. Ferguson also issued a rare public condemnation.

"I don't accept that he will give goals away because of the player he is," said Ferguson. "I speak to him about it. I don't accept that from anyone. In European football, if you give the ball away it takes a long time to get it back."

Ferguson said that Ronaldo had grown tired of some players trying everything they could to stop him, but the United manager believes that the World Player of the Year is allowing frustration to get the run of him.

"He always feels he's not getting the proper protection from referees and I think that, maybe, in quite a few cases he is right, and a few cases he is not right," said Ferguson. "It's hard when a player who wants to entertain doesn't get everything his own way. But you can't get everything your own way. He understands that and there's not a problem with that."

Ferguson, who brought Ronaldo on midway through the second half of his side's victory at the Stadium of Light, will hope that his rebuke gets the desired reaction from the 24-year-old – who has been linked with a £75m summer move to Real Madrid – at Porto on Wednesday, where United must become the first English side to win at the Estadio do Dragao if they are to stay in the Champions League.

"It's just a frustration that he feels he doesn't get the decision and he gets upset about it," added Ferguson. "I think, obviously, he doesn't enjoy that and he knows he's letting himself down more than anything. He holds his hands up. I have had to remind him about that but I'm not getting into what has been said."
| Privacy policy | Terms & conditions | Advertising guide | Accessibility | A-Z index |

So is all about him....what about letting down the rest of the team?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 19, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »
MAN U - EVERTON NIL NIL 20 MIN

LIVE FEEDS

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?&matchid=36124&part=sports
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 19, 2009, 10:51:10 AM »
Just an observation, but how come Mike Riley (I think that is his name) always seem to be the ref for ManU games?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 19, 2009, 10:57:34 AM »
overtime now.berba on fuh macheda

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 19, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
overtime now.berba on fuh macheda

Yuh lie??....the game still 0 - 0??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 19, 2009, 11:18:06 AM »
Just an observation, but how come Mike Riley (I think that is his name) always seem to be the ref for ManU games?

is because dey cyah get 'im off dey **ck!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 19, 2009, 11:33:41 AM »
Penalties in we ass again lol
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 19, 2009, 11:34:33 AM »
Steups, one overgrown cry baby

How dare you refer to SAF in such a manner?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 19, 2009, 11:36:54 AM »
Flikin Cahill!
hong!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 19, 2009, 11:37:04 AM »
look stern take everton 1st penalty :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:cahill with ah miss.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 19, 2009, 11:37:42 AM »
Flikin Berbatov!

Hong!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 19, 2009, 11:37:50 AM »
berba ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 19, 2009, 11:38:25 AM »
gulp  :-[
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>