March 28, 2024, 03:37:44 AM

Author Topic: 'Mysterious voice' caused Zizou u-turn  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
'Mysterious voice' caused Zizou u-turn
« on: August 09, 2005, 01:18:38 PM »
I feel Yorke get the call from this voice, and Latapy ent hear it yet

Tuesday, August 9, 2005

'Mysterious voice' caused Zizou u-turn
Zinedine Zidane has claimed a 'mysterious voice' persuaded him to come out of international retirement and join up with the France team for the remainder of their World Cup qualifying campaign.

The 33-year-old Real Madrid star originally quit international football in July 2004 following France's disappointing European championship campaign.

However, Zidane explained how a curious experience persuaded him to reverse his decision.

'I would not want people to talk too much about it in case what I have to unveil gets badly interpreted, but what is happening to me is quite mystical and gets out of my control,' Zidane said.

'This is even irrational and that's why I am the only person to be able to truly feel it.

'One night, at 3am, I suddenly woke up and I then spoke with someone. But no-one knows it. Neither my wife nor anyone else.

'Until I die I will never tell (who that person was), this is just too crazy. This is someone that you will probably never meet.

'During the hours that followed I was on my own with that person, at home, and I took the decision to come back.

'I had never experienced that before, I felt pushed by this force which dictated my behaviour. It was a revelation for me, I had to obey that voice that was advising me.'

Having reached his decision, Zidane admits his sole aim now is to help Les Bleus qualify for, and play in, next summer's World Cup finals.

France face four decisive matches, against the Faroe Islands, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland and Cyprus, in order to achieve qualification for the event in Germany, after which Zidane admits he may retire from all levels of professional football.

'Do you really think I would be capable of coming for four matches only?' he continued.

'If Les Bleus qualify for the German World Cup, I will take part in my third World Cup. In fact next time I stop my international career I will retire from football fully. My career will end for good.

'I am contracted with Real Madrid until 2007 but my retirement could come earlier.'

Source:ESPN Soccernet

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 'Mysterious voice' caused Zizou u-turn
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 02:43:32 PM »
the french gone mad

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
S.O.S. callin any notorius T&T bandit based in Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 03:01:30 PM »
Anybody know Latas address in Falkirk? Can some men on the forum organise ah 3:00 am break-in so dat .........well ulyuh done know where ah goin wid dis.  :D :D :D

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 03:22:52 PM »
Jumbie does bet on World Cup?   ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 03:24:34 PM »
Latas either deaf or dem dreadlocks affecting his hearing.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »
how do you say Buck in french?

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 04:21:47 PM »
Big mistake by Zizou to publicly say this...people, including me, go think he gone mad.

He better off saying he had a dream and ...

« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 09:17:07 AM by BigToe »

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 04:35:58 PM »
Lawd .... all that french wine finally gone to the man head. He insane. Just imagine the French national team gonna put ah man who hearing voices on dey team.

To much wine ah tell allyuh....... and is not even carnival
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 08:13:32 AM »
Zidane says he's not hearing voices, earlier comments misinterpreted

posted August 10 @ 9:12, EST

PARIS (AP) - Zinedine Zidane wants to make something clear: He's not hearing voices.

The French soccer star said on his website that an interview he gave to France Football magazine was misinterpreted.

In those comments published this week, Zidane explained that he decided to come out of international retirement after a mysterious conversation in the dead of night.

"One night at three in the morning, I suddenly woke up and spoke to someone," Zidane said. "What's happened to me is quite mystical and even escapes me a bit."

But on his website, Zidane said the person speaking to him was his brother.

"I'm clearly speaking about a person, not about religion, nor about something mystical," he said. "I didn't want to say who that person was. But since it was misinterpreted . . . I say that this person was my brother. There is nothing religious, nothing mystical, about it."

The 33-year-old Real Madrid midfielder, who retired from international soccer last summer, announced last week that he would rejoin the national team to help France qualify for the 2006 World Cup.

Zidane, FIFA's world player of the year in 1998, 2000 and 2003, will start his comeback in an Aug. 17 friendly against Ivory Coast and is available for crucial 2006 World Cup qualifiers beginning in September.

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/shownews.jsp?content=R081002AU

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 08:32:54 AM »
I feel he covering up.....he just ent want people think he is a fruitcake.

Really, you go wake up at 3 in the morning with yuh wife next to you and see a MAN in yuh bedroom. Who does go in they brother bedroom at 3 in the morning to converse.

He woulda be better orf saying he had a dream.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 08:42:15 AM »
eheeh Like allyuh eh hear that Latas hear a voice long time now:  the voice was dat of his agent who said, " don't play for TNT again unless yuh get, house, land, car and endless money; you is ah big time player  coach yuh need more $$$$$$"

1]; } ?>