March 28, 2024, 05:22:37 PM

Author Topic: Warner steals T&T U-17s' thunder.  (Read 15621 times)

truetrini

Warner steals T&T U-17s' thunder.
« on: July 08, 2007, 09:31:54 PM »
TTFF special adviser knocks Soca Warriors, Government.
By: Mark Pouchet (Express)

It was supposed to be a forum to congratulate the national under-17 footballers on their qualification for the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in South Korea next month.
But FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation special adviser Jack Warner used the platform at yesterday's gala function to vent his frustration and anger over other issues.
Warner, who returned to Trinidad from Canada where he was attending the FIFA U-20 World Cup, lambasted the Government, the footballers involved in the dispute over bonus payments generated by qualifying for the 2006 World Cup, and an unnamed local journalist, before he spent the minority of his time congratulating the junior Soca Warriors.
The Sepp Blatter Hall at the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence in Macoya, decorated lavishly by Robert Solomon, was the venue for Warner's latest outburst, where the CFU and CONCACAF president claimed he originally agreed with his lawyers not to speak about the World Cup players' bonus impasse. But he could not help it.
After MC Dennis McComie presented him, Warner said he had prepared to present figures and documents to support his side in the issue that led to 16 T&T players being black-balled by the TTFF for last month's CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Then Warner, who said he was angry and needed some time to vent, carefully chose his words when he revealed: "The TTFF owes not a single player any money for any match based on any contract signed by the players."
After going on about making a mistake of being "too generous", he then admitted that he did, by word of mouth after the famous 0-0 draw with Sweden in Trinidad and Tobago's opening match at the World Cup in Germany, agree and promise to increase the Warriors share of the TTFF's net proceeds from 30 to 50 per cent.
"I could have said I didn't say so, I stammer and I talk fast," he stated. "I could have said 'all yuh misunderstand me'."
Warner, who previously described the 16 national players-headed by goalkeeper and recently-installed interim president of the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT), Shaka Hislop- as "mercenaries consumed by greed", suggested that money coming into the TTFF's hands should now be used for long-term investment in football and not in players "who are over-aged and will never play for this country again".
He added that an unnamed local journalist and a foreign one were set in attempting to destabilise the TTFF and Warner himself.
With regard to the Government, represented yesterday by Minister of Sport Roger Boynes, Warner recalled he had been given a series of assurances since last July that the salaries of the national team's technical staff, which he claimed stood at $1 million per month, would be funded by the Government.
"Mr (Roger) Boynes told me when he came in that Government had approved the money Friday," he explained. "But don't worry, Wim (Rijsbergen), I'll pay you for June before I leave." Warner is scheduled to fly back to Canada tomorrow.
He then related that the TTFF had applied to host the 2011 Women's World Cup as part of Warner's deliberate effort to assist and develop women's football.
He claimed that ambition is being stalled because the TTFF have failed to secure "Government guarantees".
Finally, turning his attention to the advertised purpose of the function-the celebration of the Trinidad and Tobago under-17 squad's qualification for Korea 2007-Warner congratulated the team and implored the young players to allow "the qualification to mark the commencement of their careers and not the consummation of their careers".
Warner was given a token of appreciation by the mothers of the national U-17 players, before he made a presentation to former Malvern player and coach Robbie Greenidge of $3,000 a month and the use of one of CONCACAF's rental cars until he passes on.
Cas Brown, who was not present, was also awarded the same $3,000 per month stipend. After that, the T&T under-17 players were introduced to the audience. But the boys of the moment had already been upstaged by the man considered as being in control of Trinidad and Tobago's football.
U-17s qualification celebrated.
... Warner comments on current impasse.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s qualification for the FIFA Under 17 World Championship in Korea next month was celebrated in lavish fashion at a reception hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence Sepp Blatter Hall on Sunday morning.
The 32 players, including the 20-man squad that got through the CONCACAF final round of qualification in May in Jamaica were all toasted along with members of the technical staff headed by head coach Anton Corneal and manager Christopher Gouveia.
Several leading officials and personalities on the local football scene as well as Honourable Minister of Sport Roger Boynes, Brian Lewis, secretary general of the T&T Olympic Committee, Victor Daniel, General Secretary of the Grenada Football Association, Zoran Vranes, head coach of St Vincent/Grenadines and T&T head coach Wim Rijsbergen were present at the gathering.
Warner, special adviser to the TTFF also used the forum to vent his feelings on the ongoing impasse between the TTFF and the majority of T&T’s 2006 World Cup squad.
But that aside, the event was hosted by the TTFF and coordinated by All Sports Promotions with the Under 17s in mind. And every member of the squad stood proudly before the audience when he was introduced and invited to take the stage.
A video highlighting the team led by Leston Paul was also on display at the event and will air on the local Football 07 program this month.
Warner said the young team presented a sense of hope for T&T.
“This is a team sport. You are playing for your team and your country and if you do that whenever the result… we shall be proud. Our aspiration is not so much of course is win the Under 17 Final but to show what a small country like T&T can produce. You are the future of sport, you are the beacon of hope for this country where of course in a sense sport and culture are the only two unifying forces in this country. You have a chance to take over where the senior players have left off. And when you leave here on August 5 bear in mind that you are now on the threshold of your career. Let this qualification mark the commencement of your football career, not its consummation. If you go there and perform as you can, then you would have serve us very proudly.”
On the topic of the “Soca Warriors” impasse, Warner added that he wanted the “public to know and for the public to judge” and that the time will come when he and the TTFF shall reveal with its figures and documents to support them. Lawyers advised him against using Sunday’s forum to do so but he promised to do it sometime in the future.
"The TTFF owes not a single player any money for any match based on any contract signed by the players.
"I could have said I didn't say so, I stammer and I talk fast," he stated. "I could have said 'all yuh misunderstand me'. Warner added saying that it was his first and last mistake referring to his verbal agreements to give the players 50 percent of the net proceeds following the team’s 0-0 draw with Sweden. “At the end of the day that is the issue. Not a single match, not a single contract. Everything has been honoured. There is no record of that (the 50 percent agreement). “I could have said I never said so.”
Warner mentioned that some of the players leading the fight were already somewhat too old to play for the country again but noted that none of them were neither Russell Latapy nor Dwight Yorke.
He added that the monies coming into the TTFF has to be used for investing for future national teams and development but not to give to players. He revealed that no country receives money from FIFA for qualifying for a FIFA youth tournament and the world governing body assists only with the airfare. He also applauded the Senior Team for its fighting display at the 2007 Gold Cup at which it did no better nor worse than previous national teams.
He said publicly it should be noted that Jamaican technical director Bora Milutinovic is receiving a salary is twice what T&T head coach Wim Rijsbergen and his assistant is receiving. And even after Jamaica suffered embarrassing results on a recent Asian tour, its Government is still supporting through payment of salaries. Yet the T&T Government has not followed up on its promise to pay the T&T technical staff. Boynes though informed Warner that the monies were approved last Friday. Warner assured Rijsbergen that he would pay his salaries for May and June.
The CONCACAF President also a presentation to former Malvern player and coach Robbie Greenidge of $3,000 a month and the use a rental car until he passes on. Greenidge recently suffered a stroke. Cas Brown was also awarded the same $3,000 per month payment.
Fighting for a cause.
By: Fazeer Mohammed (Express).
[/size]

No, Jack, no!

What was the purpose of the latest tirade against the blacklisted players?
To warn the South Korea-bound under-17 squad that, in time, they could suffer the same fate if they ever felt they were too big for their boots and had the unmitigated gall to question the football administration?
By all accounts, Sunday's function at the Centre of Excellence was intended to be a tribute to the team who defied the odds by earning a place at next month's FIFA Under-17 World Championships, thanks to a battling victory over hosts and arch-rivals Jamaica in the decisive final game of the qualifying tournament in Kingston more than a month ago.
Since then, those history-making young men must have been walking on air as the enormity of their achievement sunk in. The dream of representing Trinidad and Tobago on the world stage has become a reality so early in their international careers that there may be the concern about them getting carried away with the achievement and believing that they are more than just servants of the Football Federation or, more specifically, its special adviser.
There's no chance of that now after the performance by Jack Warner.
Whatever praises and accolades offered to them would have been mere token gestures compared to the more fundamental message that the FIFA vice-president, CONCACAF boss and de facto supremo of the local game should never, ever be challenged unless the intention is to join the lengthening list of prominent individuals who have been either debarred from national duty or the domestic scene, or branded with that ever-popular tag of "persona non grata".
It is difficult to see how this collection of young players, so eagerly looking forward to the task ahead of them, would not have been intimidated more than encouraged by Warner's outburst. What is especially reprehensible is the manner in which this most influential football official can so flippantly belittle players who were hailed by the entire country, including Warner himself, as national heroes just a year ago.
As the man at the very heart of the alleged agreement for the sharing of World Cup profits between the TTFF and the players, he has every right to defend himself from what he may perceive to be baseless accusations. But surely, surely, making a whole heap of noise about the situation at an occasion that should have been about heartening encouragement and positive reinforcement of the under-17s is entirely inappropriate.
Keep in mind that some of those players dismissed as "mercenaries consumed by greed" or "the Soca Warriors of yesteryear" who "will never play for this country again" are probably heroes and exemplars in the eyes of the majority of the young squad. Will their opinions of Shaka Hislop, Stern John and others take an about-turn on the basis of Warner's cutting remarks, or will they now wonder if they may one day also suffer the same fate if ever they felt compelled to protest any form of injustice meted out to them by the game's administration?
Given the attention span of young people in general, it is unlikely that most of what was said at the Centre of Excellence on Sunday would have caused the under-17 players any sleepless nights since then. But, then again, you never know if one or two in the group might have taken it all in and realised that the sooner they can land decent contracts somewhere outside and get to hell out of this madhouse called T&T football, the better for their careers and long-term livelihoods, even if the country has to suffer for their absence.
Again, it all goes back to our obsession with personality cults in almost every sphere of public life. In creating these larger-than-life individuals on the basis of their achievements, wealth or influence, we have made them exempt from the rules that govern the rest of us. It is as if we firmly believe that one of the perks of such a status is being a law unto yourself.
This is the really sad part about it all. It is not so much about what Warner or any other prominent public figure says or does, but the ease with which the society tolerates, defends or forgives any indiscreet conduct purely on the basis of who they are. Even those who are troubled by this situation will take the position that it makes no sense to strike a discordant note because they will be shouted down by the rabid followers anyway.
There is no meaningful progress to be made in an environment governed by the personal whims and fancies of an anointed few, or as in football's case, one. Systems and structures, procedures and protocols are the pillars upon which any successful, progressive organisation is built. Yes, as with anything else there must be room for flexibility, but the governing principle should be that no man, or woman, is bigger than the organisation.
By taking a lag in the blacklisted players' tail at an occasion where there was no need to even go there, Warner has again demonstrated that his firebrand, confrontational modus operandi will not be tempered by considerations of tact and propriety.
As uncomfortable as it is to consider, the really unfortunate aspect, however, is that there is no concerted will to effect change, simply because we like it so, even if it means our under-17s are left wondering if they too will one day be blacklisted for standing up for a cause.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:21:42 AM by Flex »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF special adviser knocks Soca Warriors, Government and Warriors
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 09:43:49 PM »
Steups....what a way to start my day. Dis man REAL shameless.  >:(
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 10:00:47 PM »
so he admitted that he raised the % to 50...then he must be telling the truth bout everything else!!!
how chupid jack really feel people are?

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 10:03:47 PM »
"I could have said I didn't say so, I stammer and I talk fast," he stated. "I could have said 'all yuh misunderstand me'."

Jackular yuh always seem to blow mu fuc|(in mind with the things yuh say. but if 5 or six mens say yuh say something then they all cannot be wrong.... And also these players might be old and "overaged" they deserve every penny they are owed. i will say again youths in trinidad have to forget about that football thing trust me cause once Jackular and he yes men around is trouble watch... i know i might get heat for what i say but so what..... :-X :'( :'(
All American

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 10:05:09 PM »
So birchall and jones overaged? Since when it have a age limit on world cup? Dis man sickening in truth.......
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 10:36:12 PM »
 money coming into the TTFF's hands should now be used for long-term investment in football and not in players "who are over-aged and will never play for this country again".
 :'( :'( :'( :'( I WANT MY SOCA WARRIORS ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 01:50:16 AM »
and dey have some real bamsee lickers who does post here always attacking me when I bad talk Jack warner...for years now ah hearing dese facking men without one lick ah brains suck on jack's testicles!

Jack should get ah medal, de Trinity Cross, ah award.  He is we saviour, if it wasnt for he we eh go no damn WC etc.

Roll call:

wey triniman dese days anyway, is like some great cosmic bamsee hole open up and swallow him or what?

There are other who may have fallen fate to this forever floating space bottom, maybe it gravitational pull is too immense for smaller bamsees eh?

Wey all de jack lovers with dey talk about ti is only business etc.?

Steups.

like ah great black hole devouring everything good in its sight......Jack maraudes and we suffer yet another set back.

De big stammering fowl rapist!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 04:05:40 AM »
To me this says that jack feeling the heat from the fire at his blackside

I ask myself sometimes if he has a heart,or is it a pacemaker that have that bunny running

All the best Jack...its by his deeds shall a man be known

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 06:05:08 AM »
jackula, doh lemme see yuh King Kong- looking ass in d road. yuh greedy, deceitful goat!

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 06:12:30 AM »

That is ah old Blatter trick. Blatter speaks several language and then saiys when get called upon that he was misquoted.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 06:50:53 AM »
I tried to approach toady with new vigor and to see this report , just raise meh blood pressure!!! HOW THE F#$#K YOU COULD SAY THE MEN OVERAGE AND WOULD NEVER PLAY FOR THE COUNTRY, I CAH BELIEVE THIS MONKEY (YES I SAID MONKEY). THE MAN SMILE AND SKIN AND GRIN FOR ALL GERMANY TO SEE TALKING OUT HE ASS BOUT BONUS

HE SHOULD AH JUST HUSH HE BACKSIDE AND SAY NOTHING!! I REALLY HARBORING ILL WILL FOR THIS MAN!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 07:13:45 AM »
I making it short and sweet...."JA JAAA JAAAJJ JAAA JACK  GOOO GOOOOO GOO GOO f**k YOURSELF!"

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 07:54:36 AM »
Warner steals T&T U-17s' thunder

I guess the Jackass couldn't just praise the U17s and get off the stage.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 08:27:03 AM »
Warner steals T&T U-17s' thunder

I guess the Jackass couldn't just praise the U17s and get off the stage.

once ah tief.....

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Warner steals T&T U-17s' thunder.
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »
worst ting i readf or the day this man is d friggin worsttttttttttt

i hope the warriors keep going just on principle and kenwyne and birchall and glenn and carlos and all young ones go hold fast in the fight
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 09:50:03 AM »
allyuh see wha going on dey.......
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 09:54:26 AM »
THE MAN WRONG AND STRONG, BUT WHY IF HE IS AN ADVISOR IS HE ABLE TO INFLUENCE TEAM SELECTION.

So I guess he cool in sending Local C squads to evey tournament and friendlies!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:57:03 AM by grskywalker »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 10:15:51 AM »
Once a clown always a clown. If he didn't say some nonesense  I would a b shock. as he partner Spalk would say Jack is just being Jack
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 10:17:47 AM »
"Mr (Roger) Boynes told me when he came in that Government had approved the money Friday," he explained.

so he had an oral contract and broke it .................that is terrible at least you would never do that Jack ................right ?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:54:00 AM by superoli »
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 10:27:46 AM »
Ah doe usually call nutten on man head. but this fella destined to fall in a violent manner.  all the signs are there.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 10:38:39 AM »
and I thought I could be pretty childish... this one really takes the cake.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 10:58:54 AM »
f**kin Warner strikes again... De man like he from hell. As long as de TnT people continue to accept it and not turn up when is time to vote, oh well... because ah sure it have some kind of election process and maybe yuh have to put yuh money where yuh mouth is and somebody have to buy dem fellas out. Bout he pay Wim for June... De Government is just as much to blame because they always want uncle jack to fund de venture and then if it was profitable then dey pay back. Jack never had a problem floating de money for any venture dont matter how risky because he knows he go tax TTFF on de back end and de stupid TTFF figure it is easier to lose on de back end than to invest in your sportsmen and women and put up dat venture capital. If we dont stop taking Jack front money we will always be in dis situation. Yuh see how America does move... sure here goes some money, payback oh! dont worry about dat right now I aint go need de money back just give meh all de dam tickets for Germany and I go get mine.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 11:05:30 AM »
Men like jack  yuh does have to feel sorry for them because h enever thought that he would ah reach where he iz . Jus emagin he sayin that the players that iz jack listed would never play for the country again isnt that the words of a crazy man  ? jack power gone to yuh head boy ,
 and like yuh cah handle it .ah dont know if yuh realize buh the futball nation iz watching .a friend of mine said when yuh dig hole fuh people yuh should dig one for yuh self .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 11:48:10 AM »
Well according to the JACKASS WARNER Model of selecting teams, the under 17 team will surely be disbanded after their World cup Debut.

IS HE AWARE HOW MANY PEOPLE LOCALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY HATE HIS HEAD!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »
ah done tell allyuh to forget it....even if them players come back it just wont be the same...the trust is gone....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »
Well Big mag, I eh know bout that trust thing cause Latas and Yorke get f**ked in the past and they still were able to put aside their differences to get us to the world cup so I will never say never..but I like how the express working, no more positive spin on Jack. Good work Liburd, now we have to get Valentino singh on board.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 12:32:05 PM »
Ah doe usually call nutten on man head. but this fella destined to fall in a violent manner.  all the signs are there.

I could understand wha yuh saying dey.........

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 12:36:40 PM »
This is typical Jack Warner. I wish I could get together all those fantatic quoates he has made in the past.

The time has long past for this man to go.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2007, 12:41:08 PM »
Every body does say Jack mad but this could be very well true this man is a flaming idiot the more he open he mouth the more he confirms his madness 
Empty barrels make the most noise

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 01:09:28 PM »
Every body does say Jack mad but this could be very well true this man is a flaming idiot the more he open he mouth the more he confirms his madness 

how about a mad fool?

1]; } ?>