April 19, 2024, 07:47:16 PM

Author Topic: ARGENTINA V MEXICO  (Read 11097 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARGENTINA V MEXICO
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2007, 09:32:18 PM »
blue and white
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »
Schooled

Riquelme Riquelme..what can I say. And what a goal by Messi..pure class. I glad Mexico get licks...dey suppose to get it like dat every tournament. First the Gold Cup..now this. Go home. I never back Argentina over Brazil..but man..that is a side.

They really knocking sweet and I like how man pickin up and running at defenders.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2007, 11:26:13 PM »
Not much to say that hasnt been said already...so not gonna talk about Argentina or Mexico. I wanna ask the Arsenal supporters something even though this not the post for that.
I askin this as a Man U fan but i think it make sense so hear me out...

reports say Real Madrid willing to pay 27 million for Fabregas, what would u say as an Arsenal fan to selling Fabregas for that 27 mil and gettin Riquelme for d 9 - 12 he would cost. Just sittin here thinkin about it, would definetely satisfy man like Gallas and add supreme class to d team, plus an xtra 15 million to beef up d team. Jus my thoughts...bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2007, 06:21:23 AM »
Not much to say that hasnt been said already...so not gonna talk about Argentina or Mexico. I wanna ask the Arsenal supporters something even though this not the post for that.

reports say Real Madrid willing to pay 27 million for Fabregas, what would u say as an Arsenal fan to selling Fabregas for that 27 mil and gettin Riquelme for d 9 - 12 he would cost. Just sittin here thinkin about it, would definetely satisfy man like Gallas and add supreme class to d team, plus an xtra 15 million to beef up d team. Jus my thoughts...bless

you know i went in my bed last night thinking this exact same thing!

I was thinking about what side meh boy riquelme could really go and play for now he leave villareal/boca... And the side i feel he would best suit right now is arsenal.. i feel is de only EPL side he could slide right into...

2cents, a suggestion like this should be a topic all by itself.. lewwe see wha de assnal fans think...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2007, 06:33:10 AM »
Wow, Argentina was really really  impressive.

They make Mexico look very ordinary.

You dont see that too often.

I didnt see one single textbook mexico play where they play the ball behind the defenders on the wings and have them scampering.

T&T coach should watch this take a million times to see how to neutralise Mexicco.

But I guess as a man say, it all comes down to individual class....And perhaps only Brazil have players who on the same level.

Every single one vs one, Argentina players get the ball. Like the ball glued to them boots.

Their technique was breathtaking.

They played as a unit, in defense and attack.

They never chased the game.

Defense never panicked.

Always moving off the ball intelligently.

Always had options to pass, so never pressured into mistakes.

This is how football should be played, simple and elegant.

One of the best international performances I have ever seen.

Garcia - u right, the ball was passing them    mexican players foot real near all game and they couldnt get it. Such was the class of the passing...

Mexico tried to play and compete with Argentina and it cost them.

they shoulda play more defensive, a la Trinidad in the WC, they might have done better.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2007, 07:42:58 AM »
It eh matter how Mexico play last night, licks was booked.

Messi goal was unbelieveable I stand up and applaud. It was more difficult than people believe because he chip the keeper from  inside the box we.

as a unit and individually Argentina was impressive.

Last night / early this morning I get my belly full of ball.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2007, 08:50:28 AM »
hard luck Mexico :(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2007, 09:03:38 AM »
Schooled

Riquelme Riquelme..what can I say. And what a goal by Messi..pure class. I glad Mexico get licks...dey suppose to get it like dat every tournament. First the Gold Cup..now this. Go home. I never back Argentina over Brazil..but man..that is a side.
They playing pretty football fuh true.  De fella from Gol TV said it best...everybody knows Brazil plays beautiful football, but whereas that emphasis has recently been on beautiful individual play, the Argentines have been playing beautiful team football even more so than the Brazilians.

Them men make Rafa Marquez look very ordinary last night, and teased him into throwing ah body block leading to the penalty.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2007, 09:04:09 AM »
Point yuh back. The game was sweet Messi goal was pure class

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2007, 09:06:13 AM »
Goal! Argentina 2 Mexico 0! That was just disrespectful. Messi make that Mexican keeper look rather foolish. It's not over till it's over! ¡Vamos Mexico!
He always off he line like that. Stern nearly string him up several time from long range too.

The goalie who Stern nearly string up was Corona, not dis feller. But yeah as soon as I see Messi goal I say dat is disrespect.

Goal of the tournament for me so far...a thing of beauty. And a 20-yr old pull dat orf.

Hard luck for Mexico...but you can see they were outclassed. Mexico trying to pass the ball in the box too much instead of piping bullet.

That being said, Argentina lookin like the sure winners of the Copa. But I could also see Brazil unimpressively pulling it off somehow  ;D

That goal was nice for real.  The amazing skill and touch that took...say nutten of the cojones.

Observer...not only did he chip him from inside the box, but on the dead run as well.  As Hudson say, the split-second calculations that took and then to execute it under pressure.  As much as I'm not a fan of Argentina, and even less so of Messi himself...it really is humbling to witness such talent on display.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 09:08:12 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2007, 09:15:39 AM »

I was thinking about what side meh boy riquelme could really go and play for now he leave villareal/boca... And the side i feel he would best suit right now is arsenal.. i feel is de only EPL side he could slide right into...

2cents, a suggestion like this should be a topic all by itself.. lewwe see wha de assnal fans think...

isnt riquelme going back to villareal? wasnt it a year loan to boca?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
i cant believe some forumites actually thought Mexico stood a chance with that present Argentine team, hahaha
Argentina in a whole different class from Mexico
no contest

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2007, 10:02:09 AM »
M_E_S_S_I__A_H...truss meh we seein a BIG player grow before our very eyes...take it in!! :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2007, 10:25:32 AM »

It was a year loan to Boca..but Villareal are now trying to sell him to a European club. Unlikely he wll play at Villareal again..and he's not likely going back to Argentina either. We'll see...the saga will unfold after the Copa America

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »

It was a year loan to Boca..but Villareal are now trying to sell him to a European club. Unlikely he wll play at Villareal again..and he's not likely going back to Argentina either. We'll see...the saga will unfold after the Copa America

He should come to Madrid- we'll find use for him  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2007, 01:22:33 PM »
Ah hear Truetrini say he whale....sorry...he gyul tell he dat Walmart have barf bag on sale.

Allyuh better hurry up and get dem quick because it go be some serious vomitin goin on come Sunday.  If allyuh check TT he might even extend  de employee rate he does get at Walmart tru de whale...ah mean...he gyul.

I jes have to think back to 2006 against Serbia Montenegro.  After dat game tong say no way Argie gettin beat in de WC.

We all know how dat turn out.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 01:25:11 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2007, 02:31:27 PM »

He should come to Madrid- we'll find use for him  ;D

might as well..every year Madrid does bring in somebody to salt poor Guti.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2007, 02:56:43 PM »
Ah hear Truetrini say he whale....sorry...he gyul tell he dat Walmart have barf bag on sale.

Allyuh better hurry up and get dem quick because it go be some serious vomitin goin on come Sunday.  If allyuh check TT he might even extend  de employee rate he does get at Walmart tru de whale...ah mean...he gyul.

I jes have to think back to 2006 against Serbia Montenegro.  After dat game tong say no way Argie gettin beat in de WC.

We all know how dat turn out.

Waaaay sah... TT have ah big ting wokking Walmart?   ;D Jess so allyuh bussin' man files? Dat eh nutten man, at least she smart. Is only Walmart yuh could find dem BIG DRAWS at cut prices. Ent dey does roll back nice TT? (Walmat Prices I talking bout eh, me eh know nuttin bout big ting).

Brazil all de way!!!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »
Goal! Argentina 2 Mexico 0! That was just disrespectful. Messi make that Mexican keeper look rather foolish. It's not over till it's over! ¡Vamos Mexico!
He always off he line like that. Stern nearly string him up several time from long range too.

The goalie who Stern nearly string up was Corona, not dis feller. But yeah as soon as I see Messi goal I say dat is disrespect.

Goal of the tournament for me so far...a thing of beauty. And a 20-yr old pull dat orf.

Hard luck for Mexico...but you can see they were outclassed. Mexico trying to pass the ball in the box too much instead of piping bullet.

That being said, Argentina lookin like the sure winners of the Copa. But I could also see Brazil unimpressively pulling it off somehow  ;D

That goal was nice for real.  The amazing skill and touch that took...say nutten of the cojones.

Observer...not only did he chip him from inside the box, but on the dead run as well.  As Hudson say, the split-second calculations that took and then to execute it under pressure.  As much as I'm not a fan of Argentina, and even less so of Messi himself...it really is humbling to witness such talent on display.

Whappen to alyuh boy...jess saturday I score ah goal like dat; an mi back was turn, ah chip with mi back heel over de keeper. dat eh nutten ;D
Two islands are better than one.

1]; } ?>