April 26, 2024, 06:44:49 AM

Author Topic: A Market for Ni**as  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A Market for Ni**as
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »
So I came across this and just wanted to get some opinions on it. It has some points of merit i admit...but would you say its also passing the blame?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A Market for Ni**as
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:31:20 PM »
Bull shit.  making a fackin mockery of poetry. 
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 05:32:34 PM »
Aight...37 views...one reply.....about the response i expected. Now i see some merit in it from the angle of.......if there isnt a market for it....it wont be sold. If people didnt or dont want to see what is now known as popular culture.......then it wouldnt be sold. And as said in boondocks the animated series...

People love seeing a ni**a make a fool of himself.

Keep in mind that BET is no longer owned by african americans as well. Thus...would you say that the public given this as entertainment and told its acceptable and how black people are supposed to behave?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:11:54 PM »
Aight...37 views...one reply.....about the response i expected. Now i see some merit in it from the angle of.......if there isnt a market for it....it wont be sold. If people didnt or dont want to see what is now known as popular culture.......then it wouldnt be sold. And as said in boondocks the animated series...

People love seeing a ni**a make a fool of himself.

Keep in mind that BET is no longer owned by african americans as well. Thus...would you say that the public given this as entertainment and told its acceptable and how black people are supposed to behave?
When i first saw this post I tought it was about slavery or summing ,me ein t want be depessed so early  :rotfl: .
But since u complain I looked ......It was a good poem ,.Sumting in the last Verse hit me eh,when he say,white ppl would promote it ,if it make black ppl go to jail .Damn never tought of that ,would not put it past them ,to twist rap against black ppl .

BTW he dissing 50c
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 08:15:15 PM by Quagmire »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 11:01:48 AM »
that was pretty good. i think it's a fair comment about the difficulties in presenting some art forms. should note that poetry requires a higher level of commitment and awareness in the audience than rap. i don't know about the race angle - nuff people only viewing the world through those lenses.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 04:37:47 PM »
Damn never tought of that ,would not put it past them ,to twist rap against black ppl .

White people have tyo twist rap against black people?

Seems like black people very good at doing that on they own.

p.s I haven't followed the link or read the poem yet.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 08:27:15 PM »
excellent and so true.

now listen to this & big up yuhself.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SY5519QM

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 12:54:45 PM »
Bull shit.  making a fackin mockery of poetry. 
This is not a hit at you but how is this mockery? He simply stating the truth, I am 25 and i listen to rap music but not all rap music is good, I mean I can't listen to someone who is talking about all the cars they got or how much money they have not to mention that they had to sell crack b4 they got a record deal and letting our young ladies think it's ok to dress and act like a whore. I am sorry but if you listen to the poetry well you will hear what he really saying. Call me old timish but we all know that is not music.

1]; } ?>