March 29, 2024, 08:35:13 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal fans... Why allyuh doh buy Riquelme?  (Read 7332 times)

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal fans... Why allyuh doh buy Riquelme?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007, 02:51:30 PM »
I doh even think Riquelme is enough to help arsenal next season!!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 09:01:52 AM »
Arsenal must be more ruthless - Wenger
tribalfooball.com - July 17, 2007

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits they must be more ruthless if they're to do better this season.

The Gunners claimed a second consecutive fourth-placed Premiership finish last season despite being second only to Manchester United in terms of results against top-10 sides.

"That shows we lost the championship against teams in the bottom half of the table," said Wenger.

Source: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=48239

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 10:06:02 AM »
i think this braziliian-croatian might be one of the keys to next season.  the team creates chances but the finishing lets them down. once they straighten out that...i really think arsenal will be a genuine title threat next season

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31:01 PM »
Wenger sittin by idly while errbody else restock, how long he really feel d youth movement will last. As a Man U fan gettin talk from Arsenal men the past years I must say it will b sad to lose the banter as yall become less of a threat.
Speakin to my pops yesterday who live 10 mins away from d Emirates and inhaling the same fumes the rest of yall do, he think d team safe and will b surely top 2. I on d other hand takin note of what Mourinho say which is that Totenham is now one of d big 5 and what that means to me is one big team not makin Champions League, it kinda early but my pre-season vote is Arsenal.
Man U n Chelsea n maybe Liverpool have like 8 world class midfielders each so e-mail allyuh Wengeee and get in order. bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 10:42:02 AM »
i feel wenger tell the arsenal board that he wont sign a new contract unless they accept the bid from the american billionaire, kraonke. dein is the man 'right hand man' and supposedly both wenger and dein are in favour of the take over. who knows.

but if that take over happens, arsenal might soon be a rich team who can compete in the transfer market. then wenger would be able to bring in more established talent to guide his youths.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 06:27:18 AM »
Riquelme at Spurs??  Could be just what they need seeing they lacking in midfield...

Spurs want £10m Riquelme - Agent

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7137798

Juan Roman Riquelme's agent claims Villarreal are "considering" a £10million offer from Tottenham for the Argentinian playmaker.

Villarreal are willing to sell Riquelme after the player spent the second half of last season back in Argentina with Boca Juniors.
There has been interest from several clubs across Europe, but reports suggest Spurs have lodged a 15million euros (£10million) bid.

Riquelme's representative Marcos Franchi feels Villarreal should accept the offer from Tottenham, who have already spent heavily over the summer.

The Spanish side's president Fernando Roig is considering the bid and Franchi is waiting for an official response from Riquelme's current club.

"Despite that we haven't been told anything officially, we know that Villarreal has received a very important offer from Tottenham and that the president Fernando Roig is considering it," Franchi told Radio La Red.

"They have to make a decision before August 31, otherwise Riquelme will stay at Villarreal as there aren't any other serious negotiations.

"If nothing new appears I think that they should accept this offer as it is good for the club and the player.

"I don't think that Riquelme would be useful for Villarreal without playing.

"It would be much more useful for them to sell him so they recover what they invested in him when they bought him."

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 08:12:10 AM »
This Spurs does spend boy, but the returns in terms of footballing achievements dwarfs the investment.  Question:  Is he suited for the EPL?  His style of play is deliberate and patient.  Can he handle the jamming of the EPL?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2007, 08:13:29 AM »
This Spurs does spend boy, but the returns in terms of footballing achievements are dwarfed by the investment.  Question:  Is he suited for the EPL?  His style of play is deliberate and patient.  Can he handle the jamming of the EPL?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »
Dey need to buy a goalkeeper... or maybe a can of stickum.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »
This Spurs does spend boy, but the returns in terms of footballing achievements are dwarfed by the investment.  Question:  Is he suited for the EPL?  His style of play is deliberate and patient.  Can he handle the jamming of the EPL?

Remember to take these stories with a grain of salt ;) .

1]; } ?>