April 23, 2024, 08:42:47 AM

Author Topic: Olympic footballers head to sister-isle for training camp.  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Olympic footballers head to sister-isle for training camp.
« on: July 14, 2007, 05:26:45 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago Olympic team coach Michael McComie will carry a 24-man squad for a one week training camp in Tobago from Tuesday as the local bunch continues its preparations for Caribbean Football Union Olympic qualifying series slate for Suriname in late August.
McComie, the TTFF’s “Coach of the Year” for 2006, has a number of prominent faces in his team from the local scene including a few who have had experience at the senior international level. Striker Kendall Jagdeosingh and Keon Daniel were part of the T&T Senior team that took part in the recent CONCACAF Gold Cup. Silas Spann and Hayden Tinto have also had stints with the senior team. The duo of Lester Peltier and Atullah Guerra is also in the mix and both are awaiting the approval of work permits before heading off to England to take up moves with Portsmouth FC. Peltier had a stint with Arsenal a few weeks back.
Tobago-born midfielder Devon Leacock, formerly of the T&T Under 17 team at the 2001 FIFA Under 17 World Championship is also back in the fray and is the lone Tobago United player in the squad. US-based striker Stefan St Louis, who joined T&T’s Under 20 team previously for its playoffs with Jamaica is also in the squad.
McComie said the pool consists of 26 players but two have been left out for the camp in the sister-isle which runs until next Sunday and includes training at the Dwight Yorke Stadium and games against Tobago United at the same venue on Tuesday at 3:30 pm at the said venue and then again on Friday against Angostura 1976 Phoenix FC.
“Right now we are trying to get the strongest possible team for the qualifiers in Suriname. The main purpose of this camp is to get certain things in place with regards to the formation and pattern of play. We have not had much time to train with only one session per week in the past because of the Pro League also going on at this time,” McComie told TTFF Media.
“The squad is not where it should be in terms of its intensity and that again is because of the lack of training time which we intend to make up for with this camp and a couple others to follow before we leave for Suriname.
“We hope that some of the more experienced guys will contribute in a positive manner. Their determination must be commended and they are all willing to work hard. The problem we have now is that they are still playing a bit too slow and we are working on correcting that part of our game. The transition in terms of getting the ball back and the method of play in that area is way too slow. But there is a lot of competition for places especially in the forward department. We have seven forwards competing for four spots,” McComie added.
T&T will come up against host Suriname, Guyana and Netherlands Antilles from August 31-September 4 with the top team advancing to the CFU final round. Subsequent winners will then move on to the final CONCACAF stage leading up to the Beijing Olympics in 2008.

The Squad:

Christon Thomas, Corneal Thomas (Superstar Rangers); Larry Bacchus, Simeon Augustus, Devon Drayton, Keon Daniel, Kevon Rouse (United Petrotrin); Silas Spann (Joe Public); Devon Leacock (Tobago United); Marcus Ambrose, Carlyle Mitchell, McKenzie Cadette, Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA); Kevin Mussio, Carlon Murray, Lester Peltier, Atullah Guerra (San Juan Jabloteh); Shane Calderon, Kareem Gray (W Connection); Christopher Sam (Police FC); Stefan St Louis (US-based); Kendall Jagdeosingh (North East Stars).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 07:27:26 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Curious,...just who should be our Olympic "Over-aged" player?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 08:39:10 AM »
If I am not mistaken, the Olympic side is allowed to have one player who is not under-23, so who would be your choice for the Soca Warriors Olympic team? ??? ??? ???

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Curious,...just who should be our Olympic "Over-aged" player?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 08:48:22 AM »
Do we get to pick from the Blacklist?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 09:14:54 AM »
If I am not mistaken, the Olympic side is allowed to have one player who is not under-23, so who would be your choice for the Soca Warriors Olympic team? ??? ??? ???

Latapy, and ah dead serious 2, although ah know de boss gone fuh good, ah still have meh dreams  :(. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »

Fabien, ah see like yuh try tuh start ah new thread, and de moderators and dem put ah head lock on yuh, and bring yuh back wey yuh belong  ;D. Large up de moderators and dem, 24/7 patrol on de forum, no sticking fuh any member. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline heete

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Olympic footballers head to sister-isle for training camp.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 10:13:19 AM »
same names a before

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 10:23:23 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]
p to the Beijing Olympics in 2008.

The Squad:

Christon Thomas, Corneal Thomas (Superstar Rangers); Larry Bacchus, Simeon Augustus, Devon Drayton, Keon Daniel, Kevon Rouse (United Petrotrin); Silas Spann (Joe Public); Devon Leacock (Tobago United); Marcus Ambrose, Carlyle Mitchell, McKenzie Cadette, Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA); Kevin Mussio, Carlon Murray, Lester Peltier, Atullah Guerra (San Juan Jabloteh); Shane Calderon, Kareem Gray (W Connection); Christopher Sam (Police FC); Stefan St Louis (US-based); Kendall Jagdeosingh (North East Stars).
Since when Leacock with Tobago United? Granno making real moves ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 12:15:16 PM »

i think they are allowed 2 over age players...if i am correct i would say carlos and either yorke or latas..probably latas since he get ah corbeau sweat in the WC

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 02:08:11 PM »
....Like Kerron Smith (W-Connection) ain't on de team no more? i ain't see he name.......ah hope he ain't get drop......

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 06:23:41 PM »
Well I just saw Mccommie coach JP and the manlike he eat parrot bottom he cyah shut up. I hope he know at the Olympic qualifiers he cyah do that
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 07:52:31 AM »
heard he jus coaching for 3 games and the columbians get fired after defense force beat them

he had to go in the stands cuz he was not registered as a coach with the pro league and so cudnmt be on the bench
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 05:56:32 PM »
So JP eh know that he has to be registered. Loud steupsssssssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 11:56:41 AM »
yeah fellers ah heading to the dwight yorke now

ah go tell allyuh how it went :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 04:57:40 AM »
When will they release the final squad for the Olympic tournament ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 09:02:31 AM »
You used to be allowed 3 'wildcard' players in the Olympic finals. It was changed to an Under 23 competition back in 1992 and then to add crowds, an Under 23 format with 3 wildcard players. However, I don't think the wildcards were allowed to be part of qualifying. Also, wildcard players don't have to be over 23. You're only allowed to play in 1 Olympic tournament. So if you played as an 18 year old, even if you qualify to play again 4 years later, you can't. So wild card players include overrage players and those who've played in a tournament already.

However, that has changed and I believe you are no longer allowed any overrage players
Could be wrong..but I think they want to change it exclusively to an Under 23 format

In any case, if we could add 3 wildcard player I would add Kenwyne, Carlos and Trent Noel

1]; } ?>