April 23, 2024, 10:34:33 AM

Author Topic: Andrei Pacheco heading back to Columbus Crew for a second trial.  (Read 9233 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andrei Pacheco heading back to Columbus Crew for a second trial.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

W Connection and Trinidad and Tobago international Andrei Pacheco would be heading to the United States on Friday to join Major League Soccer (MLS) club Columbus Crew on a two week trial for the second time this season. The Pro League player had previously joined Crew in March of this year on a two week trial, but due to a groin injury he returned home after doctors of the MLS club diagnosed he needed surgery.
Pacheco is now hopeful of obtaining a contract this time around with Columbus Crew. He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I’ve been to the club (Columbus Crew) already and I like it there. The only thing that went wrong before was my injury, but this time I am fit and I am confident that things would work out fine,” said the W Connection left footed utility player.
According to W Connection Team Manager Raymond Mc Lean, when Pacheco returned home in April Connection wanted a second opinion before proceeding with surgery on the player.
Surgery was then ruled out after local doctors didn’t see the need and just prescribed rest for the 23 year old T&T international. Now Team Manager Mc Lean is also expressing confidence that Pacheco could sign with the MLS club after his two week trial.
Mc Lean told ‘ttproleague.com’, “Since then he (Pacheco) hasn’t had any problems with his groin. He is now going back to Columbus Crew and he is fully fit now. Chances are that he would be offered a contract with the MLS club,” he said confidently. If Pacheco joins the MLS club this season, he would be the second W Connection player to join the MLS after Brazilian utility player William Da Silva Oliviera signed a one year deal with Chicago Fire in May.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 06:47:18 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andrei Pacheco heading back to Columbus Crew for a second trial
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 06:21:42 PM »
Having seen a bit of Pacheco play over the last year, I am of the belief that this yute has the potential to be a phenom for T&T in the near future

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:35:05 PM »
All d best we need more peeps overseas the professionalism if nutten else dey go learn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Andrei Pacheco heading back to Columbus Crew for a second trial
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:01:12 PM »
Andrei Pacheco heading back to Columbus Crew for a second trial
By Randy Bando

W Connection and Trinidad and Tobago international Andrei Pacheco would be heading to the United States on Friday to join Major League Soccer(MLS) club Columbus Crew on a two week trial for the second time this season.

The Pro League player had previously joined Crew in March of this year on a two week trial, but due to a groin injury he returned home after doctors of the MLS club diagnosed he needed surgery.
Pacheco is now hopeful of obtaining a contract this time around with Columbus Crew.

He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I’ve been to the club(Columbus Crew) already and I like it there. The only thing that went wrong before was my injury, but this time I am fit and I am confident that things would work out fine,” said the W Connection left footed utility player.

According to W Connection Team Manager Raymond Mc Lean, when Pacheco returned home in April Connection wanted a second opinion before proceeding with surgery on the player.

Surgery was then ruled out after local doctors didn’t see the need and just prescribed rest for the 23 year old T&T international.

Now Team Manager Mc Lean is also expressing confidence that Pacheco could sign with the MLS club after his two week trial.

Mc Lean told ‘ttproleague.com’, “Since then he(Pacheco) hasn’t had any problems with his groin. He is now going back to Columbus Crew and he is fully fit now. Chances are that he would be offered a contract with the MLS club,” he said confidently.

If Pacheco joins the MLS club this season, he would be the second W Connection player to join the MLS after Brazilian utility player William Da Silva Oliviera signed a one year deal with Chicago Fire in May.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 11:23:12 PM »
Good luck Andrei, I hope things work out this time around.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 06:11:58 AM »
His chances are good or they would never have called him back a 2nd time. They really want to take a closer look. Good luck to this fella. The Gold Cup players reaping the benefits....When you consider how some of these players are benefitting from the Gold Cup experience and what these opportunities could mean for their career and livelihood..I hope some people understand why they did not boycott

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: Andrei Pacheco heading back to Columbus Crew for a second trial.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:56:52 AM »
His chances are good or they would never have called him back a 2nd time. They really want to take a closer look. Good luck to this fella. The Gold Cup players reaping the benefits....When you consider how some of these players are benefitting from the Gold Cup experience and what these opportunities could mean for their career and livelihood..I hope some people understand why they did not boycott

leh we hope and pray dat as tings get better for them, de hammer doh gih drop on dem.  ;)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 07:05:54 AM »

leh we hope and pray dat as tings get better for them, de hammer doh gih drop on dem.  ;)

de hammer might get drop..but the more financially independent players we have who not depending on the PFL, the better the players' chances of fighting the 'powers that be'.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 09:04:06 AM »
all de best Pacheco!  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »

Well this is my boy we from the same town La Brea so Bless up I remeber all the sweat we use to have on Brighton ground. All the best Andrei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »
phenom trini??....good luck pacheco
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 08:14:18 AM »
Andrei Pacheco is on a trial period with the Crew for the second time this season. According to league rules, the 22-year-old would be classified as a youth international if signed. The Crew has one unused youth international slot available. … A team of Crew reserves will play an all-star team from the Latinos Unidos adult league on Aug. 21 at the Obetz training facility. … Andrei was featured in the game against Cleveberg City that Crew won 2-1. He came on for Eddie Gaven in the 46th minute.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Crew sign Pacheco after placing Evans on season-ending list
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 05:05:42 PM »
Crew sign Pacheco after placing Evans on season-ending list
By: Monsters and Critics

Aug 31, 2007, 22:06 GMT

Columbus, OH - Major League Soccer's Columbus Crew announced Friday that they signed defender Andrei Pacheco to a developmental contract.

Pacheco fills a developmental roster spot made available when rookie midfielder Brad Evans was placed on season-ending injured reserve. Evans, a former UC-Irvine standout who was the Crews first selection in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft (No. 15 overall), has been battling a torn left hip flexor muscle for much of the season and has not played since May 26. He appeared in a total of four games, starting once, and tallied one assist.

Pacheco, a Trinidad & Tobago national team player, who participated in the CONCACAF Gold Cup in June, comes to the Crew from W Connection FC of the Professional Football League of Trinidad. The 22-year-old made his national team debut in August 2006 against Japan

Crew places Evans on season-ending IR, signs Pacheco
Oursportscentral.com

08/31/07

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Crew announced today that it has signed defender Andrei Pacheco to a developmental contract. Per club and league policy, no further terms of the deal were disclosed.

Pacheco fills a developmental roster spot made available when rookie midfielder Brad Evans was placed on season-ending injured reserve. Evans, a former UC-Irvine standout who was the Crew's first selection in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft (No. 15 overall), has been battling a torn left hip flexor muscle for much of the season and has not played since May 26. He appeared in a total of four games, starting once, and tallied one assist.

Pacheco, a Trinidad & Tobago National Team player who participated in the CONCACAF Gold Cup in June, comes to the Crew from W Connection FC of the Professional Football League of Trinidad. A 22-year-old, left-footed defender who made his Trinidad & Tobago National Team debut in August 2006 against Japan, he will be classified as a youth international.

The Crew returns to action on Sunday (Sept. 2), with an important match against the Colorado Rapids at Crew Stadium at 3 p.m. Columbus and Colorado are currently tied for the eighth playoff position.

Founded by American sports pioneer Lamar Hunt, the Columbus Crew is Ohio's Major League Soccer club, anchoring a diverse sports and entertainment enterprise. One of the league's Charter Members and the U.S. Open Cup champion in 2002, it is currently in its 12th season overall and ninth in first-of-its-kind Columbus Crew Stadium.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:09:40 PM by E-man »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 05:24:01 PM »
Congrats to Andrei!  Good luck with the rest of the season yute!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 06:32:57 PM »
Niceness
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 05:21:10 AM »
Columbus, OH - Major League Soccer's Columbus Crew announced Friday that they signed defender Andrei Pacheco to a developmental contract.
Pacheco is a defender???
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 05:29:51 AM »
Pacheco is a defender???

Didn't he play left wing back for T&T in the Gold Cup?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 07:18:02 AM »
I see he got signed as a developmental player... what does that mean in terms of salary? Aren't developmental players paid rather poorly?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 08:17:13 AM »
Pacheco is a defender???

He can operate at left back or left midfield, and also in centre mid i think...

From what i've seen, he's a strong player and technically very good on the ball...

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 12:53:40 PM »
As far as  I remember developmental players make chump change.  That position is for youth men who have  no responsibility and trying to break into the team. Salaries about $2000.00 US  a month.I know the MLS is a higher level than the PFL but I ain't too sure if it is tehe best thing for our players.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 01:42:56 AM »
buh a, a, i never know pacheco is a la brea-man, good luck, though he get meh blasted vex when he throw away-ahem, was profligate (men on dis board does kill me sometimes yes)-that sitter against Haiti, i think it was in the DIgicel Cup, loooking forward to seeing him in MLS.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>