April 18, 2024, 09:04:22 PM

Author Topic: Bonus matters to be addressed.  (Read 11617 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bonus matters to be addressed.
« on: August 04, 2007, 09:16:46 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner touched on the current impasse between the Trinidad and Tobago World Cup team members and the T&T Football Federation (TTFF). Currently the senior players who represented this country at the World Cup in Germany have been blanked from national duty as an impasse continues with regards to payments of bonuses they claim are owed to them. The players have since taken the TTFF to court.
Warner however, even after allowing the situation to linger on, confessed that he did it purposely but is now ready to meet with the same players and come to a resolution. He hinted that he will go to London in between his trips to Korea and Toronto within the next month to meet with them and hold discussions with an aim of resolving the disappointing issue.
Warner explained: “I went to the players dressing room after the World Cup game against Sweden and after their achievement of drawing the game with ten men on the pitch, I made a promise to them.
“I told them that we had originally promised to give them 30 per cent of the net gain from the matches but I was now willing to give them 50 per cent. Since then they have insisted that we give them 50 per cent of the gross. The TTFF has given the players all their money and some of the guys who are not able to play for T&T again, are just looking for another pay day.
“I told Dennis Lawrence that I am not a bad person who would not keep a promise. I told him I even took his mother to Germany to see him play in the final game. His response was that he never asked me to do that.
“I intend within the next month to meet with the guys who still have a playing future and explain to them the folly of their ways. I have allowed this situation to drag on for a while, so that the guys can see the wrong they do. Who knows, after I meet with them one on one, I may even pay them what they want but they must know the errors of their ways,” Warner said as he addressed a gathering at a Guardian sports symposium which closed on Saturday morning.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:13:04 PM by Flex »

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors Issue To Be Dealt With Soon
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 10:10:43 PM »
Excerpts From De Guardian ....

Warriors issue to be dealt with soon

Warner also touched on the current impasse between the Senior Soca Warriors and the T&T Football Federation (TTFF). Currently the senior players who represented this country at the World Cup in Germany have been blanked from national duty.

Warner explained: “I went to the players dressing room after the World Cup game against Sweden and after their achievement of drawing the game with ten men on the pitch, I made a promise to them.

“I told them that we had originally promised to give them 30 per cent of the net gain from the matches but I was now willing to give them 50 per cent. Since then they have insisted that we give them 50 per cent of the gross. The TTFF has given the players all their money and some of the guys who are not able to play for T&T again, are just looking for another pay day.

“I told Dennis Lawrence that I am not a bad person who would not keep a promise. I told him I even took his mother to Germany to see him play in the final game. His response was that he never asked me to do that.

“I intend within the next month to meet with the guys who still have a playing future and explain to them the folly of their ways. I have allowed this situation to drag on for a while, so that the guys can see the wrong they do. Who knows, after I meet with them one on one, I may even pay them what they want but they must know the errors of their ways.”

Now that is really funny, that's all I can say about this.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 10:34:24 PM »
 ::) ::) ::)   whatever Jackula whatever
All American

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 11:16:39 PM »
“I intend within the next month to meet with the guys who still have a playing future and explain to them the folly of their ways. I have allowed this situation to drag on for a while, so that the guys can see the wrong they do. Who knows, after I meet with them one on one, I may even pay them what they want but they must know the errors of their ways.”

I hope that these guys dont ever speak to jack one on one ,FPATT weh yuh dont allow that to ever happen , leh Jack know if he want to speak to the WARRIORS that he jack listed he must come through the union . his pride would not allow it , but that iz the only way alyuh should speak to him, he iz trying very hard not to recordnize the union .

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 11:41:29 PM »
this man really mad in trute oui ::) >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 11:53:57 PM »
He playin mad but ah hope somebody remind him that it have crazy people out here.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 09:14:10 AM »
okay....and don't forget to take ur Med...Jack-ass

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 09:49:45 AM »
For those who dunno,dat one on one ting is a strategy Jack has used successfully in the past.You'll remember a time dem players threaten to boycott a Shell finals in Trinidad because of pay ? Dat was de strategy Jack use to bring discord among de ranks A divide and conquer ting.Doh forget Jack is a noted historian.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 11:20:05 AM »

He seems to be admitting he was wrong lol

That strategy really will not work.  If he gives one player anything then ALL the others will be owed the same and that can be used as evidence in court.
So talking one on one is not a bad thing....in the end hopefully some renegotiating can take place that will cover all players....not just the 16.  Don't really care if the lawyers involved as long as the players have good financial/accounting advisors.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 11:37:42 AM »
Excerpts From De Guardian ....

Warriors issue to be dealt with soon

Warner also touched on the current impasse between the Senior Soca Warriors and the T&T Football Federation (TTFF). Currently the senior players who represented this country at the World Cup in Germany have been blanked from national duty.

:o :o

Hart for president

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bonus matters to be addressed.
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »
So dc if you say one and one iz not ah bad thing ,that mean FPATT would not be in that discussion , so then what iz the reason for havin a union .No to one on one discussion make sure yuh rep iz there when speaking to jackal .

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 02:04:49 PM »
So dc if you say one and one iz not ah bad thing ,that mean FPATT would not be in that discussion , so then what iz the reason for havin a union .No to one on one discussion make sure yuh rep iz there when speaking to jackal .

If they were going through the Union I would agree with you but remember that FPATT is not dealing with this bonus dispute.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 02:24:38 PM »
Oh yeh ,i really thought FPATT was handling all dispute from here on , i think that iz what a union dos .

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 03:03:10 PM »
The TTFF has given the players all their money and some of the guys who are not able to play for T&T again, are just looking for another pay day.

“I intend within the next month to meet with the guys who still have a playing future and explain to them the folly of their ways. I have allowed this situation to drag on for a while, so that the guys can see the wrong they do. Who knows, after I meet with them one on one, I may even pay them what they want but they must know the errors of their ways,”.

This looks like the end of the current impase and to another extent, the end of FPATT!!

one by one.........lol.........divide and conquer!!

once those players meet with a shrewd businessman like jack warner one bye one, they will have no chance

ah love it!!

This is like a real soap opera!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 04:09:40 PM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 03:16:29 PM »
Elections is soon fellas and Jack want to look like he solved the impasse.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »
He saved a lot of money by dragging on the imapsse ... if these guys had payed during the Gold Cup the player fees would have been much more, but with the current crop, it only cost him about 400 per player for the entire tournament.  Mission Accomplished, so now maybe he can pay them some of the money he saved.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 03:38:22 PM »
Leh we see if dem fellas go fall for the divide and rule approach of Jack. He is a selecta. How he know who could still play. Look Jack according to Andre is 56 milllion 500 thousand difference between what u say they should get and what they get. So pay and shut up.

Andre say he havin him this month leh we see if he brave enough to take calls
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 03:46:01 PM »
NOw i am fully convinced.  Jack Warner is crazy, a full mental case.  Does he have a lawyer?  How could he say such things in a public forum with a lawsuit on his head?  Doesn't he know that all those public statements admitting that he made a promise is evidenciary?  Somebody  better tell that man to just shut up and pay up!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
The folly of their ways?   but who will explain the folly of yours yuh old stammering rat dog muthass

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 04:27:38 PM »
He playin games with people emotions... ::)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 04:49:45 PM »
ah dont know if alyuh realize FPATT was here and he ent say nuttin they have ah secret weapon dat ent use yet .

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »
fpatt when yuh get yuh cut big meh
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 05:21:40 PM »

If they were going through the Union I would agree with you but remember that FPATT is not dealing with this bonus dispute.

You are correct in saying that FPATT is not dealing with the current dispute.
 However, FPATT has always maintained it would be happy to mediate.  Other federations negotiate with players through players unions. The players involved and FPATT will have to discuss this if Mr Warner makes contact.

It is interesting to note that Mr Warner has information concerning national team selection for the coming seasons, and will only meet those that are on the list.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 05:52:52 PM »
  KICK CAMPS OUT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 06:15:40 PM »
« on: August 04, 2007, 11:16:46 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner touched on the current impasse between the Trinidad and Tobago World Cup team members and the T&T Football Federation (TTFF). Currently the senior players who represented this country at the World Cup in Germany have been blanked from national duty as an impasse continues with regards to payments of bonuses they claim are owed to them. The players have since taken the TTFF to court.
Warner however, even after allowing the situation to linger on, confessed that he did it purposely but is now ready to meet with the same players and come to a resolution. He hinted that he will go to London in between his trips to Korea and Toronto within the next month to meet with them and hold discussions with an aim of resolving the disappointing issue.
“I intend within the next month to meet with the guys who still have a playing future and explain to them the folly of their ways. I have allowed this situation to drag on for a while, so that the guys can see the wrong they do. Who knows, after I meet with them one on one, I may even pay them what they want but they must know the errors of their ways,” Warner said as he addressed a gathering at a Guardian sports symposium which closed on Saturday morning.

Retarded at best.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 06:39:33 PM »
NOw i am fully convinced. Jack Warner is crazy, a full mental case. Does he have a lawyer? How could he say such things in a public forum with a lawsuit on his head? Doesn't he know that all those public statements admitting that he made a promise is evidenciary? Somebody better tell that man to just shut up and pay up!
No diss, but he didn't admit to any thing incriminating. what he said is what he's been saying all along, I did promise, but not from the gross. this man is not crazy in the least, vindictive, oppressive,maniacal, obstructive, short sighted, dictative,and unatached, but in no wise crazy.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 11:10:25 PM »
???!!!!???....
1. Is this what the dispute is about, gross or net!?  I thought the dispute was over how much the actual gross was.

2. I doh understand how a person exibiting such a high level of unprofessionalism, can become a FIFA Vice president. He obviously comes from a classless stock. He is going to talk to the players one vs one!? WTF? Obviously he also holds these players in scant regard. Aren't they in court?

3. Any one of these players that he wants to talk to, meets with him, is a damn fool. It's a slap in the face. His holy highness is now ready to talk to you, I'm sure you will see the error of your ways. I dragged it out so that you could see how silly you have been. WTF! Did I just read this?

4. So what he intends to do is give the players who HE feels will still play for TnT (such as Carlos I presume), some hush money, and f**k the rest of them?  Is this FIFA vice president for real? How is this stupidness not big headline news in TNT? I mean, it's not a footballing issue, it's a social issue too.

5. I believe what has happened here is that Jack Warner has realized that court will not be the cheaper option for him and he is trying to see how best he can avoid that, and the best he can come up with is  to insult the players further. That man is ah pile ah pothound tootoo.

This latest BS from this man really make me understand a few things:
1. This man can pick our National team based on any whim and fancy of his. He has a total stranglehold on TNT national football. He is holding us back.
2. The TNT footballing fraternity is pathetically apathetic.
3. He has no respect for our footballers. He thinks they are total idiots.
4. He has no respect for TNT football. He thinks it's his and can do whatever he wants.
5. He is unacceptably unprofessional.
6. HE MUST BE MADE TO DISENGAGE FROM TNT NATIONAL FOOTBALL AND STICK TO WHATEVER VICE PRESIDENTS OF FIFA DO ONLY.
7. Jack Warner is an ass.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 05:32:56 AM »
"Who knows, after I meet with them one on one, I may even pay them what they want but they must know the errors of their ways,” Warner said as he addressed a gathering at a Guardian sports symposium which closed on Saturday morning.

Interesting legal position.

The judge says "You, football player. You say sorry to Mr Warner and promise not to be cheeky no more and he'll let you have your money. But you have to kiss his ass for ever if you want to play for T&T.  No more of this chupidness, yuh hear meh? If not then kindly Mr Warner will keep his money. Its only fair, yuh see?"

The player say "But judge, Mr Warner said we couldn't have the money he promised, so we had to do something. Then he wouldn't let us play for T&T."

The judge say " That is right and proper Mr Bamshee. Yuh can't expect the man to mean everything he say. If you want to jiggy jigg with a woman, you tell her you love her. Yuh don't mean that sh*t. Thats all he do to you. He whisper nice words then he f*** you. Ah doh see nothing wrong here. Yuh just apologise and let him keep on riding yuh ass. Case closed"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 06:52:09 AM »
So much crime in the country and nobody eh AT LEAST rob Jack yet? Steups...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 07:56:36 AM »
Jack does still surprise me yes!
that level of disrespect the man does show for everyone from footballers to the country is amazing.
so he only talking to the players who have a chance of playing football again!!!
what kinda madness is that, did those other players not represent their country at the WC?  If yuh willing to pay Carlos then yuh owe Latas some money too, and if Dennis Lawrence retire he is owed money too, all ah dem supposed to get their fair share.

and all this talk bout he go pay them what they ask, then next it will be a press conference or a press release saying how he swooped in to save the day and paid the players out of his own pocket and how he single handedly ended the impasse.
He aint crazy at all, he frigging diabolical!!!

1]; } ?>