April 19, 2024, 09:35:42 PM

Author Topic: Berry says Peltier's case is unfortunate.  (Read 7991 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Berry says Peltier's case is unfortunate.
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:43:45 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Agent Mike Berry is advising local strike Lester Peltier and his colleagues who had been awaiting word of their work permit appeal before being left in a disappointed state to keep their heads up.
Berry, who has been successful in transacting 18 work permits for T&T nationals to play abroad felt the player Peltier was being ill-advised and has such had to suffer the consequences.
According to Berry, “Peltier and the other boys have been "led up the garden path" since day one.”
He claimed that word about Peltier’s grandmother being Dutch was irrelevant and “then he (Terry Fenwick) talked about trying for working holidays for the boys a la Kenwyne Jones. The working holiday scheme was vetoed by the FA more than 2 years ago!
“He should never have allowed the boys to have their hopes raised when they quite frankly never had a cat in hells chance of getting through and Fenwick should have advised them accordingly.
“Their UK agents are obviously very inexperienced in Work Permit legislation and were wrong to even consider appeals for the boys with their lack of international experience and should look carefully at themselves for taking the boys and their families on this ill fated journey for employment in the UK and to end up in tears and disappointment for all concerned.”
Fenwick’ claim that failure by Wim Rijsbergen and Michael McComie to provide recommendation was also irrelevant and he revealed that the Dutchman never assisted in Jason Scotland’s permit grant.
“The agent’s and Fenwick’s claims that Wim and McComie let them down by not submitting letters of recommendation is just clutching at straws and a smokescreen to mask their obvious naivety in Work permit matters and lack of experience and preparation.”
“As someone who has transacted eighteen successful WP's for T&T players so far I am really saddened by this situation particularly for the boys and their families who have had their hopes raised spuriously and then had them dashed so bluntly. I would advise them to stay strong, keep the faith and things will work out in the future, I am sure as "cream always rises to the top."
“I can also assure them that not having a letter from Wim or McComie did not affect the panels decision one iota. If Fenwick and their UK representatives felt so strongly about the issue then they should have secured the references a long time ago and not the week before the hearing.
“Their obvious lack of experience in these matters has caused these 3 boys a lot of grief and anxiety in my opinion and was totally unnecessary had they fully understood the basic requirements of UK Work Permit rules.
“Finally I would advise any young T&T player to think carefully about who represents them in future to avoid further similar disappointment and false promises from people. Also for the record Wim never, as alleged by Peltier’s agent Mohamed provided any references or recommendations for Scotty's recent successful WP appeal which was organised by myself.This spurious claim was a "red herring" to divert attention away from an appeal that had no real foundation and was doomed to fail from the start,” Berry concluded. Berry also wished Jan Michael Williams and Silvio Spann success in their attempts at obtaining work permits following interest from Sheffield United and Sunderland respectively.

McComie: Lack of national caps cost Peltier.
By: Joel Bailey (Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago Under-23 football assistant coach Michael McComie said lack of national caps was the reason for CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s Lester Peltier being denied a work permit by the UK Home Office.
The 18-year-old Peltier who was once a member of the Under-23s, was on the verge of a four-year deal with English Premiership club Portsmouth.
It was alleged by Jabloteh’s coach Terry Fenwick that McComie, national coach Wim Rijsbergen and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) refused to assist young Peltier.
But McComie quickly pointed out, “Jan-Michael Williams was denied a contract with Glasgow Rangers in 2003 also based on work permit issues.
“England is very strict,” he said. “People come to Trinidad and they see a pond of talent and they also see a lot of dollar signs. Some people try to manipulate the system for their own benefits.”
The former national goalkeeper emphasised, “as long as I am here, no one will use me. If they happen to get through, well so be it for them.
“We have all the information but I cannot speak about it right now,” said the interim Joe Public coach.
“You’ll be surprised to know some of the things that do transpire. Not everything that glitters is gold and people in Trinidad need to understand that.”
He added, “a lot of people don’t know what goes on behind closed doors in terms of the business arrangements with these players. We had nothing to do with the player.
“I’ve never spoken to Mr Fenwick for 2007 and I’m seeing my name,” McComie said. “The work permit issue has nothing to do with a recommendation letter.
“As long as the Football Federation has their meeting and clears the air, in terms of having a press conference, more will be said on it.”
The Under-23s are preparing for the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) qualifiers against hosts Suriname, Guyana and Netherlands Antilles in Group “A”. The group phase runs from August 31 to September 4.
McComie said that, following Thursday’s training session, the current Under- 23 squad will be reduced from 26 to 22. He said former TT youth team defender Makan Hislop will be added to the contingent.
Meanwhile, coach Jan Van Deinsen is expected to rejoin the technical staff in time for the CFU qualifiers. Van Deinsen underwent back surgery last month in his native Holland and, according to a source close to the team, the 50-year-old coach is close to a full recovery and will be back in Trinidad within the next two weeks.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 06:50:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Berry says Peltier's case is unfortunate.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 12:00:05 PM »
[/size]

Agent Mike Berry is advising local strike Lester Peltier and his colleagues who had been awaiting word of their work permit appeal before being left in a disappointed state to keep their heads up.
Berry, who has been successful in transacting 18 work permits for T&T nationals to play abroad felt the player Peltier was being ill-advised and has such had to suffer the consequences.
According to Berry, “Peltier and the  other boys have been "led up the garden path" since day one.”
He claimed that word about Peltier’s grandmother being Dutch was irrelevant and “then he (Terry Fenwick) talked about trying for working holidays for the boys a la Kenwyne Jones. The working holiday scheme was vetoed by the FA more than 2 years ago!
“He should never have allowed the boys to have their hopes raised when they quite frankly never had a cat in hells chance of getting through and Fenwick should have advised them accordingly.
“Their UK agents are obviously very inexperienced in Work Permit legislation and were wrong to even consider appeals for the boys with their lack of international experience and should look carefully at themselves for taking the boys and their families on this ill fated journey for employment in the UK and to end up in tears and disappointment for all concerned.”
Fenwick’ claim that failure by Wim Rijsbergen and Michael McComie to provide recommendation was also irrelevant and he revealed that the Dutchman never assisted in Jason Scotland’s permit grant.
“The agent’s and Fenwick’s claims that Wim and McComie let them down by not submitting letters of recommendation is just clutching at straws and a smokescreen to mask their obvious naivety in Work permit matters and lack of experience and preparation.”
“As someone who has transacted eighteen  successful WP's for T&T players so far I am really saddened by this situation particularly for the boys and their families who have had their hopes raised spuriously and then had them dashed so bluntly. I would advise them to stay strong, keep the faith and things will work out in the future i am sure as "cream always rises to the top."
“I can also assure them that not having a letter from Wim or McComie did not affect the panels decision one iota. If Fenwick and their UK representatives felt so strongly about the issue then they should have secured the references a long time ago and not the week before the hearing.
“Their obvious lack of experience in these matters has caused these 3 boys a lot of grief and anxiety in my opinion and was totally unnecessary had they fully understood the basic requirements of UK Work Permit rules.
“Finally I would advise any young T&T player to think carefully about who represents them in future to avoid further similar disappointment and false promises from people. Also for the record Wim never, as alleged by Peltier’s agent Mohamed provided any references or recommendations for Scotty's recent successful WP appeal which was organised by myself.This spurious claim was a "red herring" to divert attention away from an appeal that had no real foundation and was doomed to fail from the start,” Berry concluded. Berry also wished Jan Michael Williams and Silvio Spann success in their attempts at obtaining work permits following interest from Sheffield United and Sunderland respectively.

Like Berry knows something we doh know.  Hope this is a good sign for Spann.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »

Don't need to hear much from Wim.  McCommie could say something if he want.

Is this Mohammed agent going to be on FPATT ethical list?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »
[/size]

According to Berry, “Peltier and the other boys have been "led up the garden path" since day one.”
“As someone who has transacted eighteen successful WP's for T&T players so far I am really saddened by this situation particularly for the boys and their families who have had their hopes raised spuriously and then had them dashed so bluntly. I would advise them to stay strong, keep the faith and things will work out in the future, I am sure as "cream always rises to the top."

Mike Berry certainly loves himself...doesn't he.  He's the king of the chest-thumpers and it's obvious that he's in cahoots with the TTFF...although there appears to be merit to some of his statements.  At the same rate...it's clear what he's implying "you stand a better chance having someone like myself representing you than people who don't know what they doing.  I rep X number ah players, I know what I doing."   ::)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:30:11 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »
Berry might be more experience, but I doubt anyone could have helped Peltier's case, even the experienced Mike Berry !!!!! letter or not, no one could have helped, but in-experience agents really need to get up to date with these sort of things.

Having a good agent is very important, I guess 10% to guarantee a contract isn't a bad deal, after all you get what you pay for....

The only thing I dont like about this Berry fella is, it always seems like he trying to suck-up to the TTFF... I'll tell you what Berry, Jack Warner will dissappoint you one day and you will see the real Jack, lets hope you sing the same tune when that time comes. Jack keeps no friends, he keep students, people he can control, yes man...

I hope Peltier learn from this experience and next time he get called for national, make sure and show up, no one bigger than your country and it bound to come back and bit you in your ass as it did.... he should go to McComie and let him now that he is very much interesting in representing T&T and I hope McComie accept as he is a good player. But Peltier need to come clean as last time he never showed up when Brian Williams called him for under 20, Peltier never even gave an explanation...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 01:22:14 PM by Flex »

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 01:52:04 PM »
He might....might be right.. but instead of just stating facts.. the man look like he seeling himself.
it the last paprgrah.. the man saying..." alyuh better come by me or alyuh aint goin to get thru..."

If yuh say there is nothing that could have been done.. then, it doh matter who represented them.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 02:08:23 PM »
All the More reason for FPATT
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 02:48:18 PM »
I suppose the British Home Office on the TTFF payroll as well.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 06:22:33 PM »
Isn't Berry one a close friend of the TTFF?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 06:25:23 PM »
he just talking a lot of BS trying to promote himself.

Again it's not about wheteher the Recommendations would have helped. It is the thought that matter  not what the situation, there are ppl willing to go the extra mile to assist the youths.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 10:14:25 PM »
He right though...they never had a chance to get a work permit from the start. Fenwick was hoping he coulda pull strings with some padna or something but it doh work so with the british government in these times of terrorism
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 12:01:10 AM »

on Jack Payroll... oh and by the way... de Devil made me do it...

people does seem to rather blame anyone else than to face de music.  Terry Fenwick guide de man wrong and Peltier feeling that he is big shit and above de law (in dis case the system of National caps) listen to stupid advice.  Like Sando say... Go and train boy and then let de chips fall into place.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 07:41:12 AM »
This must be the best news Berry got in a long time as he will look like an angel.

Davies and Mohammed may not be better agents than Berry is as Berry has been around a long time and have the experience, but at least they genuine and charge the poor players cheaper. They will get better. Anyone sucking up to the TTFF, moreso Jack Warner, cant be for real.... and cant be trusted... birds of a feather, flock together....

Good luck to Peltier next year or maybe he can try other countries in Europe. Look how Downing and Bartholomew got contracts with Sheffield and was loaned out in Belgium and they had no international senior caps. Were they connected with Berry ?

I have a question, does senior caps count alone or playing for the youth teams count as caps also ?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 08:21:10 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 08:12:39 AM »
Only senior team caps count and you have to have played more than 75% of the teams games in the last couple years. However, the country ranking plays a role as well.
Therefore, if you can prove that the signee has the potential to be a star in the next couple years he can get in on appeal so the EPL wouldn say no to a Messi last year. So a youngster from Brazil will have a better chance than a youngster from Trinidad.
However, right now a man like Freddy Adu most likely will be refused despite his potential, so Peltier and them had even less chance.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »
Thank u spidey if Adu get blank how in heaven's name a fella from the islands name Peltier go get 1 loud steupssssssssssss. Is just to sell papers.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »
People have to understand the criteria for the work permit.

To be eligible for a work permit:

* A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive ‘A’ team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and,

* The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

And it's not only our Trinis players who run into difficulties. Even the new Arsenal and Croatian Striker had his work permit appeal refused initially, because he has only played 50%. The only difference is that Arsene Wenger was able to convince the appeal board with the assurance of the croatian national coach, that he would soon reach that 75%.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6919965.stm
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 12:48:27 PM »
The only difference is that Arsene Wenger was able to convince the appeal board with the assurance of the croatian national coach, that he would soon reach that 75%.

If that is what Fenwick was asking for no way Wim could give that.  The irony.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 03:01:24 PM »

* A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive ‘A’ team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and,

* The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

And it's not only our Trinis players who run into difficulties. Even the new Arsenal and Croatian Striker had his work permit appeal refused initially, because he has only played 50%. The only difference is that Arsene Wenger was able to convince the appeal board with the assurance of the croatian national coach, that he would soon reach that 75%.

..did the Croatian natioal team coach really get involved? Could not find that anywhere...

In the cases of Park and Anderson, I read that ManU went specifically to their previous club coaches for recommendations, not national team coaches...which I thought was strange since they lacked the international caps. Especially weird since Dunga had just selected Anderson for the Copa America, but they didn't got to Dunga for help..they went to the Porto coach instead.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:04:37 PM by Filho »

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 03:02:04 PM »
Poor Peltier in between all this hot mess  :(

Offline trineeborne

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 01:16:56 PM »
he just talking a lot of BS trying to promote himself.

Again it's not about wheteher the Recommendations would have helped. It is the thought that matter  not what the situation, there are ppl willing to go the extra mile to assist the youths.

Looks like Peltier shouldda come to you for help  :devil:

Offline trineeborne

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 01:21:14 PM »
He right though...they never had a chance to get a work permit from the start. Fenwick was hoping he coulda pull strings with some padna or something but it doh work so with the british government in these times of terrorism
The fact is Fenwick wanted the money he would have recieved from the club that is why they tried a ting to get a work permit that they knew from start he would not get they all full ah shit and greed, there was only one thing this boy could have done to get a visa to play English football.

Offline trineeborne

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 01:22:42 PM »

on Jack Payroll... oh and by the way... de Devil made me do it...

people does seem to rather blame anyone else than to face de music.  Terry Fenwick guide de man wrong and Peltier feeling that he is big shit and above de law (in dis case the system of National caps) listen to stupid advice.  Like Sando say... Go and train boy and then let de chips fall into place.
TRUE TRUE

Offline trineeborne

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 01:25:07 PM »
Only senior team caps count and you have to have played more than 75% of the teams games in the last couple years. However, the country ranking plays a role as well.
Therefore, if you can prove that the signee has the potential to be a star in the next couple years he can get in on appeal so the EPL wouldn say no to a Messi last year. So a youngster from Brazil will have a better chance than a youngster from Trinidad.
However, right now a man like Freddy Adu most likely will be refused despite his potential, so Peltier and them had even less chance.
Don't Agree but your 2 cents i suppose.

Offline trineeborne

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 01:27:57 PM »

Very good info.

Offline trineeborne

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 01:31:46 PM »
Poor Peltier in between all this hot mess  :(
Ah tell yuh.

1]; } ?>