April 23, 2024, 09:39:12 AM

Author Topic: Wim says T&T can take much of out Dutch experience.  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Wim says T&T can take much of out Dutch experience.
« on: August 10, 2007, 01:30:14 PM »
Wim says T&T can take much of out Dutch experience.
By: Shaun Fuentes in Arnhem.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago National Team head coach Wim Rijsbergen is of the feeling that the country’s football system stands to benefit from the experiences like the current one the Under 17 footballers are undergoing at the Papendal Hotel and Conference training complex in Arnhem, Holland.
Apart from being highly enthusiastic about showing off what his native country has to offer in terms of amenities, Rijsbergen is hopeful that T&T can follow suit in its preparation in preparation of national teams not just for football but several other sporting disciplines.
He made these assertions on the eve of T&T’s National Under 17 team training game against Dutch professional unit FC Umniworld from 11am (5am T&T Time) on Saturday at Papendal.
“We’ve been talking about creating an environment in Trinidad and Tobago, like a camp, where national teams can come together to train and we can talk about it over and over but being here now is a nice impression for our staff and players to see what you really need to develop players in any sport,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media after the team completed its two-hour training on one of the pitches at Papendal while Dutch Premiers Division side Vitesse Arnhem and Spanish club Athletico Bilbao trained in adjacent pitches.
“Here in Papendal it is also a centre for different sports and a multi functional complex where you can stay, get treatment and train and of course we hope pretty soon they will have something like this for different sports in Trinidad  where football coaches, players and other athletes can benefit.”
Rijsbergen, currently with the T&T U-17 team assisting with its preparations for the FIFA Under 17 World Championship in Korea, emphasized the need for young aspiring professionals to be exposed to similar training facilities and methods.
“I try to talk about the environment about what it takes and what is needed to become a professional now we are fortunate that these younger kids can experience it and see the likes of Bilbao and a Dutch Pro team use the compound so they can see what it takes to be a real professional and that it takes a lot of work - that’s the good part of them being here. This is what I was going through as a young professional, and it’s good to experience it before we go to Korea. Hopefully it will give our younger boys a little boost and also to realize how hard we have to work to be successful,” Rijsbergen added.
“It’s important and that’s why we keep saying that the sooner we get this into their system it will be better and it sends a message to the rest. Starting as young as possible is the time when you can make the necessary changes. This is our future here. So therefore this should be a pattern for future training camps, not just before world tournaments, and expanded for teams at various levels.”
He also compared it with the facilities at the De Graafschap training centre where T&T played at on Tuesday.
“At that first club it's a small one and they still use 300,000 Euros a year just to run their youth development programme. At that facility they have an artificial pitch, two grass pitches, dressing rooms and an area where people can come together. That's what you need, The bigger clubs obviously have more to it but we can start somewhere back in Trinidad. You can work there 24- hrs a day if necessary. It doesn’t happen overnight but we can think and act on it before the timing gets tight,” Rijsbergen concluded.
Following a day of double sessions on Friday, one a two-hour session in the morning period, Anton Corneal’s outfit remained in good spirits with no major injury concerns and will now aim to end their Papendal training trip on a high note against the local team before heading off to Cheonan, Korea on Sunday.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:00:24 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Wim says T&T can take much of out Dutch experience.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 02:23:01 PM »
Photos of T&T U17s in Amsterdam‎.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

(Shaun Fuentes in Arnhem, August 10, 2007. The team is seen in photos in Amsterdam downtown and at the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:30:18 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 02:56:25 PM »
Didn't the govt say they would build something like this in Touruba?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 03:01:01 PM »
Didn't the govt say they would build something like this in Touruba?

A wax museum or a training ground?  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 03:03:22 PM »
(Shaun Fuentes in Arnhem, August 10, 2007. The team is seen in photos in Amsterdam downtown and at the Madam Tuso Wax Museum.)

Flex, I hope this error is yours and not the esteemed Press Officer, Shaun Fuentes.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 03:05:42 PM »
(Shaun Fuentes in Arnhem, August 10, 2007. The team is seen in photos in Amsterdam downtown and at the Madam Tuso Wax Museum.)

Flex, I hope this error is yours and not the esteemed Press Officer, Shaun Fuentes.

Breds, and Fuentes even come ah long way.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 03:12:59 PM »
Although our facilities are not up there with many countries in Europe and North America we still have the best in the Caribbean with the exception of Puerto Rico and have come a long with way over the past 10 years......artificial grass,from one indoor gym to several,from one real stadium to several.
I agree we do need a top class training facility.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »
cyah really be spendin spendin with what income?  men have to figure out how to make football make money before 1st.  i find the new benz real criss, but 1st I have to figure out how to get the income to get it...so fuh now is a put-put.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 04:26:21 PM »
it nice that some ah dem youths, who otherwise would not have the chance, are able to travel and see a lil bit of the world because of football

Nice pics

well except for this one...someting just looking wrong here

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 04:30:10 PM »
Next time he go on SPALK let him tell Anil because according to all knowing Anil Toruba is Piarco 2
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 05:07:24 PM »
What about building it in Tobago close to a beach (private) where we could attract international teams to come do their pre season or any other traininig they may require?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 05:20:12 PM »
Bring back memory of 05 in Amsterdam.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 05:21:56 PM »
What about building it in Tobago close to a beach (private) where we could attract international teams to come do their pre season or any other traininig they may require?

not a bad idea...I actually thought about this a few years ago, but the lackadaisical attitude shown by our government towards building and completing any meaningful infrastructure in Tobago led me to think otherwise...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 07:11:05 PM »
Nice photos...

But who is FC Umniworld I taught it should be FC Omniworld. ?

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 07:24:17 PM »
it nice that some ah dem youths, who otherwise would not have the chance, are able to travel and see a lil bit of the world because of football

Nice pics

Little known Fact: Former Government Minister Kamaluddin Mohammed and TV icon Buelah were married for a brief period in 1971  :rotfl:
What funny is your little known fact. LOL Whey allyuh does come up with dem things boy ;D
Two islands are better than one.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 07:43:33 PM »
Buelah and Kamal yuh jokin. Where in T'bgo will that b build?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 09:06:38 PM »
Can anyone tell me the name of that dude standing between the 2 dolly lamas?????

I went to school with this kid I think....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 10:08:12 PM »

Nice pics

Yeah what wrong is dat Madame Tuso and dem need tuh upgrade tuh de new MJ v2.03...de one whey he nose cave een.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 10:09:25 PM »
Can anyone tell me the name of that dude standing between the 2 dolly lamas?????

Nah!

I know you ent jess say 'dolly lamas'....  :rotfl: 

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 03:33:26 AM »

Nah!

I know you ent jess say 'dolly lamas'....  :rotfl: 

:heehee: :heehee: :heehee:
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>