March 29, 2024, 02:22:24 AM

Author Topic: Sheldon stunner as Caledonia hold Jabloteh.  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Sheldon stunner as Caledonia hold Jabloteh.
« on: August 15, 2007, 06:03:34 AM »
Sheldon stunner as Caledonia hold Jabloteh.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Sheldon Emmanuel proved to be Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA's saviour yesterday evening as the "Eastern Stallions" held CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh 1-1 at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.
Jabloteh have taken to calling themselves the "San Juan Kings" in recent times but it is Caledonia who are warming the 2007 Pro League throne at the moment and, on yesterday's evidence, they are in no hurry to abdicate.
Jabloteh, who were stunned 3-1 by Police last weekend, looked to have reclaimed top spot but for a last gasp Sheldon Emmanuel free kick that sent the Caledonia bench into raptures.
Caledonia remain first with 40 points from 19 games-one more than Jabloteh.
In yesterday's other Pro League results, Economy North East Stars whipped Tobago United 2-0 in Bacolet while Superstar Rangers thrashed Police 4-0 in Macoya.
Bmobile Joe Public, the defending champions, and Defence Force also saw action last night against United Petrotrin and Vibe CT 105 W Connection, respectively.
Both games were played after press time.
It was Caledonia's meeting with Jabloteh that looked like having the biggest impact on this year's title race, though.
Caledonia coach Jamaal Shabazz would certainly like to think so as his troops held the two-time local professional champions in Couva.
The result was arguably a fair reflection of the fixture as Caledonia came closest to opening the score summary in the 40th minute-Anthony Abrams struck an upright-but found themselves trailing after powerful Antiguan striker Peter Byers struck with a fine left footed finish, 15 minutes into the second half.
Shabazz retorted by introducing the attacking trio of Conrad Smith, Carlyle Mitchell and Hayden Tinto. Fenwick, who is without the suspended Aurtis Whitley and absent trio of Lester Peltier, Atullah Guerra and Khaleem Hyland, sent on the more obscure figures of Jason Cudjoe-a fringe player for Caledonia last year-and Elijah Manners.
Caledonia's added impetus eventually broke the Jabloteh resistance even though it took a deflected last minute set piece to undo the men in green.
This weekend's Caribbean Football Union (CFU) under-15 tournament would ensure that Caledonia savour their elevated position for another week and a half while Jabloteh dare not drop points in their next fixture against bitter rivals, W Connection.
Shabazz, a notable poacher of talent on the less glamorous Caribbean isles, would bless the day he first laid eyes on St Lucian enigma, Emmanuel.
Strong and quick, the left footed defender, who inherited the team's captaincy from departed "Soca Warrior" Densill Theobald, does an effective job in central defence, left back, left wing back or midfield. Emmanuel can play in the technical sense but it is his competitive spirit and remarkable appetite for victory that sets him apart from most.
His desire sometimes seems too much for even him to control. Emmanuel wrestled Jabloteh full back Cyd Gray to the ground, 14 minutes into the match, in a desperate but clumsy effort to regain possession and, two minutes later, Emmanuel was fortunate to get the benefit of referee Russell Casimire's doubt after he stepped on the back of Jabloteh's World Cup player, Cornell Glen.
He made more constructive use of his will to master the opponent on the stroke of regulation time, though, as his belted 30-yard strike clipped the Jabloteh wall and wrongfooted goalkeeper Cleon John, who got a hand to the ball but could not match Emmanuel's desire for goal. Caledonia might look back on the importance of that goal in months to come.

Caledonia AIA: - Richard Reynolds, Howard Lowe, Sheldon Emmanuel, Charles Pollard, Walter Moore, Stephan David, Sean Bishop (Conrad Smith), Dwight Peters, Sterling Arjoon, Anthony Abrams (Hayden Tinto), Randanfar Abu Bakr (Carlyne Mitchell).

San Juan Jabloteh: - Cleon John, Cyd Gray, Carlon Murray, Marcelle Francois, Ian Gray, Trent Noel, Wendell Joseph (Elijah Manners), Elton John, Jason Marcano, Peter Byers, Cornell Glen (Jason Cudjoe).

Full PFL Results:

Tobago United 0 v North East Stars 2 (Randolph Jerome 19, Carlon Hughes 69)

Caledonia AIA 1 (Sheldon Emmanuel 90) v San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Peter Byers 60)

Defence Force 2 (Richard Roy 37, Michael Edwards 63) v W Connection 0

Superstar Rangers 4 (Tod Ryan 33, Shem Mc Farlane 83, Josimar Belgrave 85, Marc Borde 89) v Police F.C. 0

Joe Public 1 (Gregory Richardson 34) v United Petrotrin 2 (Beville Joseph 57, Sylvester Teesdale 89)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:30:11 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sheldon stunner as Caledonia hold Jabloteh.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:43:40 AM »
Again, well done report...... some well chossen words with a sence of humor.

I notice Glen and Whitley have been catching they royal ass to make an impact on their team and the league. I know Glen just came back, but still he hasn't done much after scoring in his debut game for Jabloteh this season.

According to Lasana report the trio of Lester Peltier, Atullah Guerra and Khaleem Hyland are all missing, I have a feeling that they are in Europe on trial or is training with the Olympic Team, wonder which one is it....

I hope Guyanese AIA dont win the league....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:45:54 AM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:20:16 AM »
frig....and to think Jabloteh almost signed Emmanuel...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:25:56 AM »
Excellent read!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:47:30 AM »
Again, well done report...... some well chossen words with a sence of humor.

I notice Glen and Whitley have been catching they royal ass to make an impact on their team and the league. I know Glen just came back, but still he hasn't done much after scoring in his debut game for Jabloteh this season.

According to Lasana report the trio of Lester Peltier, Atullah Guerra and Khaleem Hyland are all missing, I have a feeling that they are in Europe on trial or is training with the Olympic Team, wonder which one is it....

I hope Guyanese AIA dont win the league....

again with the blasphemous posts

go and suck ah lime

cali winning everything
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »
long way to go Morvant....remember jablothe did this before....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 12:36:04 PM »
again with the blasphemous posts

go and suck ah lime

cali winning everything

Guyanese AIA suck lolly-pops !!!!!!

How could you support a team that have over 11 Guyanese players and yet ballers in Morvant sucking bricks.

Seeing that Shabazz is the coach for Guyana and have so many Guyanese at the club only prove one thing, he only care's about himself !!!

How many players from Morvant on that squad...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:37:34 PM by Flex »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 01:41:07 PM »
i does back arsenal and them doe have no men from morvant

whats your point

as far as i see tinto and conrad does sweat

how-much men from manchester united born and raise in manchester???

yuh have no point breds
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 01:56:50 PM »
is better we leave men like sando to back the professional 5 a side league where we sure each a d men he go kno pussonnally

cali winnig everyting

second round done and we still on top

fire for jabloteh and they never had a chance in signing shelly he was a cali man born and bred

tinto tiny conrad from malcik

abdullah oliver mamoo and d right back from in the garrison

carlyle mitchell is a big u 23 striker

and we have a central defender who father once over throw the friggin nation

cali is a bad man tam with bad man footballers and bad man supporters

who vex lorse and dat is what allyuh sides doing

special spanish fuego foe men like sando

DONT BE MISTAKEN

SHOTTA

now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>