March 28, 2024, 06:53:15 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland vs Wigan  (Read 14358 times)

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland vs Wigan
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 09:03:48 AM »
Dwight Off           
Stokes Off

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 09:04:22 AM »
Collins On
Miller   On

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 09:17:27 AM »

The last sub is for Stern to come and tie up the game or rather WIN it. COME ON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 09:19:48 AM »
WTD yuh really needed two posts for da?

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 09:20:32 AM »

GOD BOY JAH PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MC SHANE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 09:21:08 AM »
from bad to worse for Sunderland.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2007, 09:21:43 AM »
shooting bullets
Wigan 2-0
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2007, 09:22:02 AM »
stern? lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2007, 09:22:36 AM »
3 subs used,no play 4 john today
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2007, 09:22:41 AM »
Stern not going to see any time. they need to replace mcshane

on another note, warner make another mistake
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2007, 09:23:16 AM »
hard luck dey.............Tony Warner with another blooper

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2007, 09:24:16 AM »
Apparantely they make 3 subs. CRAP MAN!!!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2007, 09:27:24 AM »
next penalty

lord have mercy
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2007, 09:27:52 AM »
 What the HELL THEM MEN DOING AND ANOTHER PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!! AND SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2007, 09:30:20 AM »
lawd dey self destructin

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2007, 09:31:21 AM »
What the HELL THEM MEN DOING AND ANOTHER PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!! AND SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!
sound like they lacking leadership on the field. Dwight ent stepup and get sub, Richardson playing the ass, and nobody else on the field have the experience necessary

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2007, 09:33:31 AM »
I hope Keene realises that this is what happens when there are no Trini players on the field.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ah love it!!

Hard Luck Sunderland............Go Chelsea, put it on Liverpool.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 09:45:31 AM by andre samuel »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2007, 09:36:48 AM »
I hope Keene realises that this is what happens when there are no Trini players on the field.
To be fair, Dwight eh do nuttin when he was there. And Keane was most likely saving that last sub for Stern.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2007, 09:43:15 AM »

LORD HELP CARLOS HEAL FAST PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUNDERLAND NEED HIM BADLY FOR MANY MORE REASONS THAN ONE IN JESUS NAME AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2007, 09:44:34 AM »
We cyah see the game, so we going by the radio commentary.
But it sound like Sibierski and Heskey was running rampant. Despite what the SAFC message boards say, Sunderland was really missing Carlos, and Stern might have done well, given the number of times they say that there was nobody in front of the goal to take advantage of loose balls or whatever good play Sunderland had, because say what yuh want about Stern, he does always be around the ball.

At least Durham beating... ah hell...

It really sounding like them men on the radio would really prefer to be watching the Cricket.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »
I would say it was a bad decision on the part of keane,and his inexperience as a coach at premiership level is starting to show.

When you start subing players midstream it upsets the apple cart and it sends a message to the other team that your're vulnerable,it also creates confusion especially when you're a goal down.

But then I ent no coach,so what the hell I know,I guess be prepared for rude awakenings ahead.........  

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2007, 10:08:21 AM »
I doh know guys but from reading the Sunderland message board I notice that Yorke might be their worst player and they also hate Collins.

Yorke is only 35 and still have a good amount of energy to stay up in the Premiership this full season. I cant understand this is poor form..

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2007, 10:12:29 AM »
I would say it was a bad decision on the part of keane,and his inexperience as a coach at premiership level is starting to show.

When you start subing players midstream it upsets the apple cart and it sends a message to the other team that your're vulnerable,it also creates confusion especially when you're a goal down.

But then I ent no coach,so what the hell I know,I guess be prepared for rude awakenings ahead......... 
So when is a good time to Sub players?
I always figure if you are under pressure, you make the changes to shore-up the weaknesses you see. Ah man getting beat consistently does send a message to the other team that you're vulnerable.

But like you I am no coach.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2007, 10:53:52 AM »

So when is a good time to Sub players?
I always figure if you are under pressure, you make the changes to shore-up the weaknesses you see. Ah man getting beat consistently does send a message to the other team that you're vulnerable.

But like you I am no coach.

Well it depends,were you down 3 goals before you made the changes or 3 goals down after you made the changes,but in this game of luck and chance you could never tell.....right? 

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2007, 11:01:14 AM »
1. Sunderland missed Carlos's attacking, crossing and defensive work. He is like 3 players in 1.
2. Without Nosworthy and McShane, all hell break loose. As soon as McShane geh take off, Doy doy!
3. Dey miss Stern up front. Apart from Chops, is a kinda impotence up front, no man to hol' on & muscle for de ball.
4. Yorke important for de passing game but they panic and tek him off because he does not have as much legs to run dong ball defensively.

De moral of de story. No trinis => Uninspiring football

Doh fret, is a blessing in disguise dat dey geh dey backside wash as the value of we boys has been been made more apparent. Keane will buy Jones at de last minute and invest in some players to duplicate those who are critical. De team may be deep but the quality bench is not. Stokes and dem boys not cutting it

Still have to see de delayed video to assess dis ting.

4 points still in de bag doh. Liverpool nex' saturday at de SOL. Presshah!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2007, 11:26:45 AM »
up to now, nobody post de final score....steups

alyuh rel jokey oui

Wigan 3   Sunderland 0

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2007, 12:36:47 PM »
Tuff luck tuh Sunderland and Stern, small thing doh, plenty games still. Stern just hold de faith and handle yuh business, so dat when ever Keane call on yuh and give yuh valuable minutes, he will always be impressed wid yuh contribution out on de field. My no means, would I question Mr Keane decision not tuh put Stern or any other player on de field. But ah kind lost and cannot find an answer, as to why de player dat just scored in yuh last game, didn't even get ah 15 - 20 minutes sweat. The only thing ah cud imagine, is dat may be Stern's style of play, wasn't effective enough, as far as implementing Keane's game plan against Wigan  :-\ HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 12:54:45 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2007, 12:48:43 PM »
SAFC.com

Roy Keane:

"We were second best, I can't think of any plusses. A lot of teams would have beaten us today.

"I expected Wigan to put us under pressure, they are strong and physical but the defenders have got to learn to deal with that in the Premier League.

"Wigan have a bit of power. I have no complaints about the penalties, it was bad defending, you should get your body position right and we didn't do that.

"You learn a lot about your players and their character in setbacks like this. I certainly learned a lot today. It's from the defeats that you learn the most. I'm determined to get things right here.

"Sometimes players help you make decisions and a couple have done that today.

"I thought it was a real flat performance. You have to do the basics right, you have to tackle, you have to defend. I can't think of  anything good that came out of it, maybe something will come to me later.

"Win, lose or draw you have to move on. I couldn't think of a tougher game than Liverpool to follow; so we'll have to regroup, refocus and make sure we're ready and raring to go.

"We've said a few words in the dressing room and we'll reflect now. One or two of the lads are away on international duty. The lads will recover from this, I have good faith in the players.

"We've had setbacks before and we'll have plenty more. In the Premier League you will have your ups and downs. We had a decent few days, today's a bad day. It's been a typical week in the Premiership.

"I'm sure the fans are disappointed but let me tell you, nowhere near as disappointed as I am.

"The most important thing is that we regroup and recover. I tend to focus on the performance as much as the result and today's was disappointing."

(On Dean Whitehead's injury):

"Dean Whitehead jarred his knee in training and he wasn't fit enough for today. It was just an unfortunate thing. Hopefully he will be fit for next Saturday."

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2007, 01:00:18 PM »
SAFC.com

Roy Keane:

"We were second best, I can't think of any plusses. A lot of teams would have beaten us today.

"I expected Wigan to put us under pressure, they are strong and physical but the defenders have got to learn to deal with that in the Premier League.

"Wigan have a bit of power. I have no complaints about the penalties, it was bad defending, you should get your body position right and we didn't do that.

"You learn a lot about your players and their character in setbacks like this. I certainly learned a lot today. It's from the defeats that you learn the most. I'm determined to get things right here.

"Sometimes players help you make decisions and a couple have done that today.

"I thought it was a real flat performance. You have to do the basics right, you have to tackle, you have to defend. I can't think of  anything good that came out of it, maybe something will come to me later.

"Win, lose or draw you have to move on. I couldn't think of a tougher game than Liverpool to follow; so we'll have to regroup, refocus and make sure we're ready and raring to go.

"We've said a few words in the dressing room and we'll reflect now. One or two of the lads are away on international duty. The lads will recover from this, I have good faith in the players.

"We've had setbacks before and we'll have plenty more. In the Premier League you will have your ups and downs. We had a decent few days, today's a bad day. It's been a typical week in the Premiership.

"I'm sure the fans are disappointed but let me tell you, nowhere near as disappointed as I am.

"The most important thing is that we regroup and recover. I tend to focus on the performance as much as the result and today's was disappointing."

(On Dean Whitehead's injury):

"Dean Whitehead jarred his knee in training and he wasn't fit enough for today. It was just an unfortunate thing. Hopefully he will be fit for next Saturday."

Wid all due respect Mr Keane, ah guess by now, yuh realise dat Stern John is de real deal fuh all yuh up front. Stern will throw away ah few goals, but nevertheless, he does always make up for it, ask Birmingham and Mexico, just tuh name ah few. Mr Keane, trust meh, Stern is de real deal fuh Sunderland up front, make de move while de season still early and not when yuh start tuh fight against relegation. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 04:35:17 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2007, 01:52:47 PM »
I dunno...but I'm a little disappointed in Keane thus far.  He seems to have a penchant for speaking absent of forethought or due consideration...which only seem compounded in light of some of his coaching decisions. While I defer to his experience and expertise, it seems all of his decisions are being done in a reactionary manner...retroactive, rather than proactive.

1]; } ?>