April 18, 2024, 09:03:20 PM

Author Topic: U-17 - T&T vs Ghana Report.  (Read 13569 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
U-17 - T&T vs Ghana Report.
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:37:36 AM »
T&T U-17s go under to Ghana in Korea.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The bus journey back to the hotel after this country’s opening fixture at the FIFA Under 17 World Championship was in silent mode as the national under 17 footballers tried coming to terms with their 4-1 defeat to two time world champions Ghana on Monday.
The mood was obviously somber as Anton Corneal’s last words before the players stepped off the bus was “Remember we have two more games and the only time you fail is when you fail to keep trying.”
Certainly that is what Leston Paul and his teammates will have to do as they try to pick themselves up and have a go at Colombia in Thursday’s second game in Cheonan. The Colombians earlier rallied back to hold Germany 3-3 in the opening game of the double header.
The highlight for T&T on the day was a superb free kick strike by United Petrotrin midfielder Stephan Campbell from about 30 metres out in the 80th minute. Before that though, T&T struggled with the pace of the Africans and after holding out for some time, also managing chances on goal through speedy striker Daniel Joseph, T&T conceded in quick succession to be 3-0 down at half time.
With about 60 odd T&T fans in the stands including FIFA Vice President Jack Warner, who met the teams before kick off, Corneal’s team conceded in the 12th minute when Ghana broke down the right and Ransford Osei slotted home from close up to leave goalie Glenroy Samuel helpless between the uprights.
Then Osei doubled the lead a minute before half time and Saddick Adams added a third a minute into added on first half time to cushion Ghana 3-0 up at the break making full use of given room on the right flank.
T&T tried to penetrate with CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh strike duo Daniel  Joseph and Stephen Knox making some dangerous runs but T&T couldn’t connect well within the 18 yard box. Defender Robert Primus also had failed to connect well with a close header in the second half. Then after Knox went down with ten minutes left, Campbell, who hit one low forcing the goalie to save moments earlier, connected well and left goalkeeper Joseph Addo helpless in goal sparking some celebrations from the T&T faithful in Korea and chants of “Go Warriors Go and Ole” before a crowd of 11,521 fans even though organizers had reported an expected near sell out.
Campbell’s goal was maybe the best of the game but Ghana weren’t finished though and English based striker Kelvin Bossman of Reading FC snatched a fourth item five minutes from the end. T&T also had a final attempt on goal with substitute Marcus Joseph hitting one which was deflected just wide of the upright.
T&T had 14 shots on goal as opposed to 22 by Ghana who also narrowly edge T&T in possession 55 percent to 45 managed 9 offsides and stayed head 53 percent to 47 in possession at the final whistle. T&T outnumbered their opponents on corners 7-6 and free kicks 4-1, one which resulted in a goal.
The team will have one recovery session in the morning and Doctor Mario John will treat a few players who received knocks in the match but with no serious injury concerns. Leston Paul and the boys will now seek to put the loss behind them and try to come better against the Colombians in a couple day’s time.
Corneal said Ghana were clearly the better team but wasn’t entirely despondent over the result.
“I thought we dug ourselves in a hole in the first half and a lot of it was us not respecting some parts of the game. Going in 3-0 is very difficult to come out of.
"We didn’t get a goal and we squandered one or two opportunities. We just have to convert as it changes the whole picture of a game if it happens,” Corneal told TTFF Media.
He added that Ghana exhibited qualities that made them two- time champions.
“They are one of the better teams in the tournament and we have to be a little bit realistic. We had chances in the game and it wasn’t just one sided. I hope we can learn from the game to go into our other two games.
“We should have known from the beginning that we could always create opportunities. We still have to learn more in terms of respecting another team’s ability. Ghana ran off the ball well and at times we didn’t track back. We did it a bit better in the first half.
You don’t want ever to question as a coach but just look back at the first goal. It’s not something we will talk about though because they scored three other goals. It’s not the only reason we lost,” he added in reference to a dubious no call for offside when Ghana opened the scoring.
Joseph had a couple good runs on goal in the first half as too did Knox. But it wasn’t good enough.
“The ball needs to end up in the back of the net. We have worked on it so much and we need to convert… it changes the atmosphere of the game and puts the next team back into a defensive mode. I hope now we will have the confidence to know that we can play against these teams they do realize that if they put the proper effort out there then they can compete and we will hope to do that in the next two games.,” Corneal added. Goalscorer Campbell said he thought the goal was well taken but could hardly find reason to celebrate.
Ghana coach: T&T made us work hard.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Ghana’s head coach Sellas Tetteh has given some words of encouragement to the Trinidad and Tobago camp after he observed the team’s composition and play in Monday’s 4-1 victory for the African two time champions.
Tetteh, speaking during an interview on the morning after the game said his team were forced to be patient against the young Soca Warriors” even after going a goal up after 12 minutes as they realized the T&T outfit was actually giving them a good challenge in the second game of the double header in Cheonan. He complimented T&T for making the game more of a challenging one in the second half.
T&T head coach Anton Corneal would not have been entirely surprised at Tetteh’s comments but will want to prove him right and do Colombia wrong on Thursday when the two teams meet at 7am T&T Time.
On Tuesday Corneal had a one hour recovery session in the morning period and will have one more session on Wednesday evening at the IT Training facility. The parents of the boys who made their presence felt with some Trini style chanting in Monday’s game, will be allowed some time with their young ones at the Onyang Hotel on Wednesday morning as coach Corneal, while ensuring there’s no negative effect on the team’s physical preparation, will allow the players some time to relax their minds with the parents who are staying Seoul for the opening round.
There are no injury worries in the camp at this time with only the odd sore muscle or knock being treated by doctor Mario John who also accompanied four T&T players to the hospital today to undergo MRI wrist scans which FIFA is using as a pilot project study to determine the actual ages in players from the 32 nations competing at the World Championship. The process is part of a medical study which can determine how FIFA treats with the age verification of players for future youth World Cups.
The big news in the tournament here today was the second straight defeat for the hosts South Korea as they went down to Concacaf representatives Costa Rica 2-0, the result virtually puts Korea out of the tournament as they have one more game against Togo on Friday.
Ghana’s head coach Tetteh though is already looking forward to topping Group F.
“It was a good result for us to start. I did not expect it to come easier, especially in the first half and I also wasn’t surprise of the challenge from Trinidad especially in the second half,” Tetteh told TTFF Media. “They raised their game after half time.
“I see them as a competing team and I saw in the second half they raised their game and give us a fight. In football sometimes one good performance shows your quality and one bad performance doesn’t mean you are out. Their game in the second half shows clearly that they were not down with the performance in the first half. I think they can do well because their passing and shooting abilities were good and that’s football for you.”
“They made us work hard but we also had glaring chances and we were patient until they came.”
As to his recommendations for T&T, Tetteh added that encouragement was necessary to boost the young T&T outfit.
“First of all you have to encourage the boys. They played a bigger and stronger team with a very good record at this level. We cherish the Under 17 competition that we have done well here. It’s part of development and they should be encouraged to keep on pushing hard.”
“We have to raise our standard now and I am confident but still cautious for the remainder of the tournament. This is a good win for us to start the tournament. When Bossman came in, the team was already there. I changed the structure when I took over to give it a different tactical direction. I realized by attacking was the strong point so we had to work more on our midfield and defensive game. He had to be patient and I am happy that he announced his presence yesterday with the goal,” Tetteh said, adding that English-based striker Kelvin Bossman (Reading FC) had to earn his starting team spot but took his first goal well off the bench versus T&T.
Captain of the T&T team Leston Paul admitted his team would have to lift its game if was to stand any chances of putting it’s first point on the board.
“It was disappointing obviously because no one likes to lose even if it’s against a team as strong as Ghana. It was a helpful and learning experience for us and I’m sure all the players came out of the match knowing what it’s like now to play such a high pace and important game. This was our first game at this level and we now have to work harder and try to raise our standard. I think we are ready to do that and hopefully come away with a better result against Colombia on Thursday,” Paul told TTFF Media.

Final Score:

T&T 1 (Stephan Campbell 80th) v Chana 4 (Ransford Osei 12th, 44th, Sadick Adams 46th+, Kelvin Bossman 85th).

Trinidad & Tobago: - 21.Glenroy Samuel, 5.Akeem Adams, 12.Robert Primus, 17.Daneil Cyrus, 9.Aaron Maund, 18.Micah Lewis (13.Stephan Campbell 66th), 15.Chike Sullivan, 6.Leston Paul (capt), 14.Jean Luc Rochford, 10.Stephen Knox, 11.Daniel Joseph (Marcus Joseph 78th).

Ghana: - 1.Joseph Addo, 3.Paul Addo (capt), 4.Daniel Opare, 5.Francis Boadi, 6.Tetteh Nortey, 7.Abeiku Quansah (17.Richard Mpong 53rd), 8.Enoch Adu (19.Abdul Naza Alhassan 77th), 9.Sadick Adams (18.Kelvin Bossman 76th), 10.Ransford Osei, 11.Ishame Yartey, 12.Philip Boampong.

Cautions: - Paul Addo (GHA) 38', Glenroy Samuel (TRI) 40', Leston Paul (TRI) 88'

Trinidad and Tobago (TRI) v Statistics Ghana (GHA)

14 Shots 22
5 Shots on goal 7
1 Goals 4
10 Fouls Committed 19
19 Fouls Suffered 10
7 Corner kicks 6
4 Free kicks 1
0 / 0 Penalty Kicks (Goals/Shots) 0 / 0
0 Offsides 9
0 Own goals 0
2 Yellow cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
21 Actual playing time 23
47% Possession (%) 53%

Match - Date - Venue / Stadium - Time - Attendance
12 - 20 August 2007 - CHEONAN / Cheonan Sports Complex - 20:00 - 11521
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:24:56 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-17 - T&T vs Ghana Report.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:38:57 AM »
We captin get a yellow
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »
I lookin at dem stats and find dem interestin.

We had 14 shots on goal of which 5 were on target resulting in 1 goal which is a 20% strike rate.

Ghana had 22 shots on goal, 7 of which were on target resulting in 4 goals which is a 57% strike rate.

They commit almost twice the number of fouls than we did.

We had more corner kicks dan dem

We had the ball less than they did, but not by much at all.  Actual playing time was 2 minutes less which isn't that bad.

A most telling statistic for me is the offside stat.  9 to none in Ghana's favour suggesting that either Ghana was camped much more in our offensive third or we played quite high and they were trying to break us down with through balls.  I didn't see the game but the reports suggest they thoroughly dominated us.

The fact dat dey commit all dem fouls and we had so much relative possession suggests to me that they were more aggressive  whenever we had the ball.

Bottom line, we MUST do better when we have the ball in our possession & take more of our chances when we get them.

Good luck to the guys for the next game.   
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:17:35 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline labi

• New Warrior
  • AKINLABINHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 09:23:11 AM »
how them cud not start ryan oneal..he's one of the bigest fastest roughest defender we hav..he was d captain in qualifying...maybe d coaches kno wat they doin..but sumthing strange abt that
akinlabinho

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »
how them cud not start ryan oneal..he's one of the bigest fastest roughest defender we hav..he was d captain in qualifying...maybe d coaches kno wat they doin..but sumthing strange abt that

Me eh know....but maybe roughness wasn't what was needed today.  Maybe a lil more cerebral ability from everybody on de team includin coachin staff coulda be de tonic.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »
they played much better in the 2nd half.
Ghana eased off a little by then but the youths also showed they had enough guts to pull it together and play some decent football.

We look good on set plays.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 09:54:32 AM »
they played much better in the 2nd half.
Ghana eased off a little by then but the youths also showed they had enough guts to pull it together and play some decent football.

We look good on set plays

have to agree with this, even at the senior level our free kicks have improved
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »
reading the report...the sore givin meh a headache

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 11:29:11 AM »
could someone tell me...why the senior, junior and baby national team... alway play their best game in the  second half...or went they are down....i just don't understand...because its seem like the Ghanaian...jump on Trinibago from the word go and the Trini plays didn't have a clue...look Trini people...I know you think I'm alway on their case went they lost....but all I'm looking for is answers and solution  ...the thing is the coaching staff and the players..should know before the game that Ghana ain't one of them push over team. and should come out blazing.....damn... what else to say...they have Germany and Colombia next.....and.....I GUESS THAT HOW THEY ARE..... WENT THEY PLAY...ALWAY STARTIN OUT SLOW...AND LESS AGGRESSIVE...I GUESS THAT WITH IN OUR CULTURE AND BLOOD

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 12:15:04 PM »
could someone tell me...why the senior, junior and baby national team... alway play their best game in the  second half...or went they are down....i just don't understand...because its seem like the Ghanaian...jump on Trinibago from the word go and the Trini plays didn't have a clue...look Trini people...I know you think I'm alway on their case went they lost....but all I'm looking for is answers and solution  ...the thing is the coaching staff and the players..should know before the game that Ghana ain't one of them push over team. and should come out blazing.....damn... what else to say...they have Germany and Colombia next.....and.....I GUESS THAT HOW THEY ARE..... WENT THEY PLAY...ALWAY STARTIN OUT SLOW...AND LESS AGGRESSIVE...I GUESS THAT WITH IN OUR CULTURE AND BLOOD

It could be that we lack the quality, and hence could only play with the ball when the pace of the game slows a notch and the spaces open up...usually happens after the first burst of adrenaline present at kick off...or after a team puts one or two in the net and takes their foot off the gas a bit- sounds like the case in the Ghana game based on the report (didn't see the game) 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 12:31:22 PM »
I am happy that our boys are there trying a thing.But I hope that our so called coaches (without qualification or intelligence) see the level that the outside world reach the kind of movement and tactical awareness that is at an u-17 level. We played with the normal boring snail paced style that we are accustomed  to, absolutely no movement or interchanging of positions to create confusion in the minds of the opposition.We were seriously outclassed and will continue to be. I love my country but i am honest.To bad these boys going to come back here and everyone will let them feel like they real good and reach the pinacle instead of encouraging them to train harder become students of the game and not only players because there is where training begins in those developed countries. But the majority our coaches that we have were never good students so they will not be good coaches or teachers because a good coach must be able to impart knowlege. Those ex players that think they are automatic coaches are very mistaken. Anton is about the best locally we have but needs more tactical sharpening. The rest, their heads are so hard they do not inspire confidence. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
I am happy that our boys are there trying a thing.But I hope that our so called coaches (without qualification or intelligence) see the level that the outside world reach the kind of movement and tactical awareness that is at an u-17 level. We played with the normal boring snail paced style that we are accustomed  to, absolutely no movement or interchanging of positions to create confusion in the minds of the opposition.We were seriously outclassed and will continue to be. I love my country but i am honest.To bad these boys going to come back here and everyone will let them feel like they real good and reach the pinacle instead of encouraging them to train harder become students of the game and not only players because there is where training begins in those developed countries. But the majority our coaches that we have were never good students so they will not be good coaches or teachers because a good coach must be able to impart knowlege. Those ex players that think they are automatic coaches are very mistaken. Anton is about the best locally we have but needs more tactical sharpening. The rest, their heads are so hard they do not inspire confidence. 

Who is YOU?!?!  Wha kinda schupidness you talkin'? You is jes a arsenal fan! boy gwan from here  wit your 35 posts!! What you know about football?!?!  Yuh should be givin' the boys encouragement insteada talkin' dat nonsense!
    ah jes takin' in front before in front take you, eh. Doh misread meh intent.  :devil: 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 12:57:39 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 12:51:17 PM »

I watch the game and Ghana have superior speed and skill on the ball it was evident to everyone. You know how much times I see them outrun we defence and make crosses in the box. Total burnout only Cyrus try he best in that defence I saw his face and it suggested but Wait nah is only I wukking here ah wah!!!!!!!!!. Anyway them fellas have to wake up and smell the coffee. Furthur more I feel if in the hands of a competent coach at INTERNATIPONAL LEVEL we could see some good players coming true. Corneal never impress me as a coach. I don't care if he was UNDERSTUDY TO BEENHAKKER. The fact of the matter is if we need to compete on the world stage then we have to be fitter stronger faster and much more technically able. Our Defence was a CRYING SHAME they relied on one man to try and get the ball if he failed to recover it we pay and is goal in we skin.The other defenders were not alert like when the ball was cut back across the whole face of goal and the striker had all the time in the world to slot home. Anyway raise allyuh heads fellas and give a Better account of allyuh selves.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 01:26:39 PM »
Only saw the 2nd half...and I was impressed. Some of our players showed quality and bravery. In the end they were outclassed, but that was to be expected. These fellas more talented than any Under 17 team I have ever seen form T&T. They just weren't ready for the WC fire. Who vex eh know nutten bout the level of T&T ball. These fellas a step up from what woulda come out of T&T 99% of the time at this age level. This is exactly what they need to make the next step. I bet they will improve over the next 2 games. I know these fellas will give Germany and Colombia a run. I have real hope for some fo these fellas in the future. Let's keep things in perspective. We didn't lose to Tajikistan  ;D Seriously..these fellas took some heavy losses in their opening games of WC qualifying final round and came back from the brink. So sit back and enjoy the ride...WE AT THE WC and the boys giving it their all. Allyuh with unrealistic expectations..cool yourself. All I want is to see them improve and score some more goals...

T&T FOREVER

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
I preaching to the choir about this long time. We have to get our guys to beef up, get in the blasted gym and add some poundage, work with track coaches to build speed and learn how to run and close down a man. Ghana was blowing past we with ease from the first whistle, how the hell we going to handle the rest of them treams

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 01:35:43 PM »
I preaching to the choir about this long time. We have to get our guys to beef up, get in the blasted gym and add some poundage, work with track coaches to build speed and learn how to run and close down a man. Ghana was blowing past we with ease from the first whistle, how the hell we going to handle the rest of them treams

ah could understand de part about working wid the track coach to build speed but these guys  have been doing gym work..... did you see the entire game  ??? I was actually surprised by the size of some of our players....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »
Better luck in next game to the squad   :beermug:

the youths go take dis as ah little hurdle to overcome,,early tournament jitters and all dat....dey go play better next game

Yuh still have my support fellahs!!!  :applause: :applause:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 02:01:04 PM »
I don't know for you guys,but some ah dem goals ghana score look suspiciously offside,what allyuh think.......

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 02:30:13 PM »
Jah know! Men reaching into plyometrics and all kinda stuff in interpreting this loss ... fair enough, there is room for all a dat in preparing footballers but let's be reminded that regimes such as those require comprehensive vision sharing, time, availability and not least some other parties 'buying into' such vision. In any event, I am not of the view that these factors accounted definitively on the final scoreline.  

First off I wanna express congrats to the players for ACTUALLY scoring - and from a set piece. Positive. Big stage. De biggest for de age group. Wa wow!

Now for a word about Anton. Ah see Gazza reach into some discourse dey ... part of which went as follows:

But the majority our coaches that we have were never good students so they will not be good coaches or teachers because a good coach must be able to impart knowlege. Those ex players that think they are automatic coaches are very mistaken. Anton is about the best locally we have but needs more tactical sharpening. The rest, their heads are so hard they do not inspire confidence.  

This isn't de occasion for the 'majority of coaches' dissection, so I'll deal with the Anton case.

Gazza's post touches on some things that are amplified by other posts firing off darts about 'so-called' coaches etc. WATCH MEH! de man is a coach and like it or not I am yet to have witnessed an account that would render him incompetent.

I have never heard his qualifications questioned. Now some man may want to quibble about application of those quals .... but fact is I know some in de coaching fraternity who stand in respect/awe at some of his employed training methodology.

Aight, fair enough ... this goes moreso to the technical stuff ... I doubt he's a slouch in this area.

Now as for the 'tactical sharpening' ... there could be room for healthy discussion, but again, yuh didn't outright condemn his tactical awareness ...

Look, leh we focus in on de awareness ... as an example de man has known that we've been prone to lapses in application from the beginning whistle ... he knows, but once ball start rolling on de field there's only so much he can do ... there is often a gulf between imparting knowledge and retention of that imparted knowledge under match conditions ...

I think ONE valid matter to be paid attention to going into the future (it won't be resolved in Korea) is that of playing speed and iyah that's not a generational issue limited to our U-17s ... check it up and down de ranks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:33:32 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »
From what I saw, Ghana was constantly on the attack.  Their midfielders never made any back passes. They always moved forward by either passing quickly upfield or running at the our defence.  We started the first 5 mins of the game that way also. However after that our midfielders started making a lot of back passes, which took all the pressure off of Ghana and transfered it to our defense.  We constantly lost the ball in the first half as a result of the lack of aggression and lack of forward movement.  Ghana constantly got the ball into our box with two to three passes by aggressively playing balls forward and running at the defense, where as or midfielders opted for a slower more passive approach and preferred the back pass instead of pressing the Ghana defense.  In the second half after we were down 3-0, we suddenly became more attack minded and the balls were constantly played forward putting Ghana under pressure. The possession stats for the second half was in Trinis favor.   We looked much better in the second half.  Overall the effort was good and our boys looked dangerous when we decided to attack. There are still some problems with the defense since they looked completely vulnerable in the first half. However this Ghana game was a good experience and I think they should play better in the next two games.  I would like to see our players maintain an attacking, goal-hungry  attitude and just have fun displaying their skills.  We scored in this game and that is great. If we stay attack-minded we will definitely score in the games to come.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 03:33:15 PM »
Looking at the stats, tells me that we need to be more physical, being physical usually put teams off their game plan, no one likes to be rough up, and also this is WC soccer you must be brutal, you can lose the game but win the physical battle but never lose both.

Didn't see the game, but from reports it seem that our defense seems to be on the slow side, playing the off side is OK but this can be too confusing and costly by one defender have a mental  breakdown, Even linesmen get confused with calling the off sides. maybe playing with the sweeper might help.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 03:42:51 PM »
Put things into perspective. Our team has never played against opposition of this level. we have never had to play as quick, which means think as quick. With each game two things can happen. We can get better or we can not keep up with the pace & stress.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 03:45:43 PM »
yuh know...I could really understand what Kicker, TriniTim, Grskywalker and some other are sayin..not really taking side here...but as i said looking for answer and solution....and i totally agree with these guys....its seem like every other team in this world is head of us even the one that trying to catch up right there in the caribbean...in the semifinial around in Jamaica...I'm looking at the players on the Costa Rican u17 and some of them look like 19 or maybe 20 year old...THEY ARE BUILD AND FAST...AND THE TRINI PLAYERS LOOKED SMALL AND SLOW...TTFF better kick themself in the ass and get a reality check...and set up a serious program in T&T....startin with 5yrs old...and the coaches...need to prude myself first ...before they get chosen  to coach at national level....DON'T KNOW WHAT..F- TO SAY...BECAUSE..READIN THE MATCH REPORT ON THE U15 IS THE SAME THING...NOT THAT THEY LOSING...HABIT IS THE SAME...THESE GUYS REALLY DON'T CUT IT..

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »
But we were getting shots on net, so maybe we also need to to work on technical skills.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
We played no African country we saw Ghana on tape. we practically lived in Peru and we went Holland. Leh we see if there are any difference against the teams we appear to b better prepared for
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Post match quotes
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 03:52:38 PM »
TRI - GHA: post-match quotes
FIFA.com

Sellas Tetteh Teivi (GHA), Ghana coach
"I'm very satisfied. The lads have done very well and played entertaining football, especially in the first 45 minutes. I have to say I'm not entirely satisfied with the second half, we slowed the pace far too much. If we want to win the tournament, we've got to keep it up for the full 90 minutes."

Anton Corneal (TRI), Trinidad and Tobago coach
"It's obviously tough once you're 3-0 behind, but we still came back and scored, and created a few chances. But we have to be realistic, we've just played one of the best teams in the tournament and we need to learn from that to be ready for our forthcoming matches. Ghana were very good at letting the ball do the work. We improved in the second half, but we didn't make the most of our chances. We created a lot of openings, and I hope that'll give us confidence for our remaining matches."

Paul Addo (GHA), Ghana captain
"We played very well today. It was important to make a successful start, and we'll be confident about our remaining matches now. It'll be tough against Germany, but we still have every chance of winning."

Stephen Knox (TRI), Trinidad and Tobago striker
"Obviously, we're bitterly disappointed. We played well, but we failed to take our chances. We strikers always want to be scoring goals, and that's why I'm especially frustrated. We'll start concentrating on the next game now, and hopefully we can get a better result."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Post match quotes
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 04:01:09 PM »
TRI - GHA: post-match quotes
FIFA.com

Sellas Tetteh Teivi (GHA), Ghana coach
"I'm very satisfied. The lads have done very well and played entertaining football, especially in the first 45 minutes. I have to say I'm not entirely satisfied with the second half, we slowed the pace far too much. If we want to win the tournament, we've got to keep it up for the full 90 minutes."

Anton Corneal (TRI), Trinidad and Tobago coach
"It's obviously tough once you're 3-0 behind, but we still came back and scored, and created a few chances. But we have to be realistic, we've just played one of the best teams in the tournament and we need to learn from that to be ready for our forthcoming matches. Ghana were very good at letting the ball do the work. We improved in the second half, but we didn't make the most of our chances. We created a lot of openings, and I hope that'll give us confidence for our remaining matches."

one think he play good in d second half (Corneal) and one saying (Ghana coach)oh yeh we slow down d pace we didnt want too buss dey throat to much  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 04:05:48 PM »
I said it before in another thread- the important thing is that some of these young folks are getting the exposure and hopefully the opportunity to take their game to the next level. It's difficult for our players to be on the level of the competitive global game because football in T&T is behind the curve- but the fact remains we do have talent that can cut it once put in the right environment. If this talent shines a little in this tournament- maybe they will catch an influencial eye, and be able to broaden their football horizons. Remember these are 16 and 17 year old boys- this is the right age for them to be going abroad and furthering their playing careers, and this a good tournament for them to make that step......wish them the best.

If even only 2 of our players get try outs and secure places in Europe after this tournament, I would consider it a success regardless of the results in the individual games.

GO T&T!!!!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »
I don't know for you guys,but some ah dem goals ghana score look suspiciously offside,what allyuh think.......

Dread look at it this way. IS just like the Wigan-Sunderland game. When you get bout 5 penalty appeal in the space of 60 minutes as a ref, you bound to give one.

Is the same kinda thing go on in the Ghana match. Consider that Ghana get call offside 9 times, which mean that they try to beat our offside trap at least 9 times. One of those will always be too close to call. You can't consistently let men beat you on the flanks and hope the ref will save you every time.

At the end of the day, is a moot point
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »
I have nothing but applause and congratulations for this under 17 team.

Them fellas play damn good and is the best ever performance I have seen from a TT team in a long time.

Them fellas play better than the Warriors in Germany.(UNDER ALL SERIOUSNESS)

For any of you who have seen this team from under 15 to where it is today the improvement is remarkable and we were simply unfortunate.

Possession in the 1st half was 45% TT 55% Ghana and we were never outplayed.

We were beaten by 4 moments of mental lapses.

I really cant understand some of the comments being made from people who were looking at the game.

TT controlled the midfield well, we knocked the ball well and were stringing passes under pressure superbly. The opening 5 minutes we matched our opponents and throughout the game we created chances to score, it is just we did not have that killer instinct infront of goal.

We did not make silly passes, we did not have many errors, our off the ball runs, team chemistry and cohesiveness was good. We defended well in a block and we covered our space well.

The Ghanians were taller, but we were as fit, we won nearly every 50/50 ball, we were quicker to the ball and we won most of the aerial battles.

What we had a problem with and I don't know why corneal did not make the adjustment was that their two wingers were faster than our wingbacks and we did not make the appropriate sub to deal with them, neither did we "Play tough" or use tactics to "ahem" professionally foul or disrupt the wing play.

After conceding the early goal TT played the game at their tempo and dictated the pace. We simply got caught on the break and Ghanas game is a long ball to the flank, square and tap home.

We switched off near the end of the first half and conceded two within a minute, fitness and mental concentration being the factors.

Also right after we scored, it seems we did not regroup and like Ghana took the touch quickly and scored immediately.

Other than that I am extremelyproud of the work ethic, game plan, fitness, technique, possession and play of this Under 17 team.

Our fwds threw away frankoment sitters and had we buried the chances we got in the opening 15 min it would have been a totally different game.

Keep your heads up fellas.

All we have to do is adjust the wingback problem and we good to go.

I was not impressed with Ghana as any big side and they will get disposed of in this competiton. Their defence is not good. They will be caught by any team with a good passing game and once their two wingers are dealt with they ent have nuttin else to fall back on.

Our Keeper played well and he coulda do nuttin for any of the goals he collected. The wingback with the plaits needed to get subbed as he was too slow .

Lastly the spirit of the game was a good one, no malicious tackles, no setta fouls, and the players hugged the opponents at the end. It was as if they were all partners on the field.

Thank you fellas for representing our nation well. Job well done.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>