April 26, 2024, 06:41:52 PM

Author Topic: more trinis may be coming to the prem to bolton?  (Read 6167 times)

Offline arif

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
more trinis may be coming to the prem to bolton?
« on: August 20, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »

With Bolton hardly flush with transfer funds, may we suggest 2006 World Cup stars Brent Sancho and Dennis Lawrence to plug the holes at the back (they're from Trinidad and Tobago, so snap 'em up before Sunderland

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/20082007/58/premier-league-transfer-talk-lama-shock-return.html

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: more trinis may be coming to the prem to bolton?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 04:21:04 PM »
Xmas in aug if dat woulda happen
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:40:01 PM »
Yuh know I go have to say sumting if dis is real ting goin' on!! Boy da would be de sweetest dread, to see Sancho and lawrence up dey, buh is jess speculation  :'(  by a lone writer  :-\  obviously won over by the increased currency of T&T players in the UK right now. Say wah. Sigh.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »
Yuh know I go have to say sumting if dis is real ting goin' on!! Boy da would be de sweetest dread, to see Sancho and lawrence up dey, buh is jess speculation  :'(  by a lone writer  :-\  obviously won over by the increased currency of T&T players in the UK right now. Say wah. Sigh.

yuh might never know...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:49:58 PM »

With Bolton hardly flush with transfer funds, may we suggest 2006 World Cup stars Brent Sancho and Dennis Lawrence to plug the holes at the back (they're from Trinidad and Tobago, so snap 'em up before Sunderland

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/20082007/58/premier-league-transfer-talk-lama-shock-return.html

Ah like de highlighted phrase in dis line

"With Bolton hardly flush with transfer funds, may we suggest 2006 World Cup stars Brent Sancho and Dennis Lawrence to plug the holes at the back (they're from Trinidad and Tobago, so snap 'em up before Sunderland)"
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »
boy with the amount of Trinis rumoured to be signing for EPL clubs lately, we should have a bomb squad for 2010

blacklist schmacklist

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 04:55:54 AM »
fellas, allyuh have this misconception that the Premiership is the be all and end all for T&T football....

While I agree that it is one of the best and most competitive leagues in the world, and it does indeed expose our players to a higher level of football and make them better, that does not automatically translate in T&T having an automatic bomb squad....

If that were the case, the US would be virtually be indestructable in CONCACAF.

When we had a host of Premiership players years ago, we flopped big time. Between Yorke, Shaka and Latas, we had 3 extremely high profile UK top league players, sometimes I rememebr it was almost like T&T vs T&T with Yorke vs Shaka (Man U vs West Ham) dominating the game.... Yet we never had a good team for T&T....

Yet when we had a bunch of players in Division 2 and a sprinkle in the Championship, we reach the WC...

The Premiership good in terms of money for the players, individual development and the fact that we could watch them more on tv versus other top players to have something to chat about....but in terms of T&T having a better chance of reaching 2010, I still not that sold...
Also remember that it will be infinitely harder to get our players released now for national duty...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 05:03:23 AM »
fellas, allyuh have this misconception that the Premiership is the be all and end all for T&T football....

While I agree that it is one of the best and most competitive leagues in the world, and it does indeed expose our players to a higher level of football and make them better, that does not automatically translate in T&T having an automatic bomb squad....

When we had a host of Premiership players years ago, we flopped big time. Between Yorke, Shaka and Latas, we had 3 extremely high profile UK top league players, sometimes I rememebr it was almost like T&T vs T&T with Yorke vs Shaka (Man U vs West Ham) dominating the game.... Yet we never had a good team for T&T....

Yet when we had a bunch of players in Division 2 and a sprinkle in the Championship, we reach the WC...

The Premiership good in terms of money for the players, individual development and the fact that we could watch them more on tv versus other top players to have something to chat about....but in terms of T&T having a better chance of reaching 2010, I still not that sold...
Also remember that it will be infinitely harder to get our players released now for national duty...

:applause:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 05:26:22 AM »
i want  to see ah trinbago youth in spain and i good 2 go
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 05:54:29 AM »

Of course it is!!!!
What you just say there is just the surface of the whole scenario.....but in the end who take us to the world cup???? when we bring in DWIGHT, RUSSELL, STERN and Shaka Beenhakker that top flight experience is what got us there otherwise we would have been hoping we make the world cup...
For Trinidad players speaking English it is what they aspire towards and it is the best league for them to play in....full stop...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 06:45:06 AM »

Of course it is!!!!
What you just say there is just the surface of the whole scenario.....but in the end who take us to the world cup???? when we bring in DWIGHT, RUSSELL, STERN and Shaka Beenhakker that top flight experience is what got us there otherwise we would have been hoping we make the world cup...
For Trinidad players speaking English it is what they aspire towards and it is the best league for them to play in....full stop...

Yeah, ah have to agree w/Duscam here though Trini raising valid points, check it out, we did have a bomb squad for the 02 campaign when we rip up de early rounds qualifying easily for the Hex, not sure about this, many closer to the team may know better, but from what I saw in the Hex I am of the opinion that men heads got too big for the team and Potters could not handle these egos (perhaps an element of complacency was there as well) and that ultimately lead to poor team chemistry translating into the eventual poor performance in the Hex.  Dwight and Russell (especially Dwight) had to eat some serious humble pie afterwards when their club careers descended significantly to be able to play as a TEAM in the 06 campaign, Beenie of course perhaps handled much better any ego differences that were present then, the rest is history.....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 08:10:04 AM »

Of course it is!!!!

Yeah, ah have to agree w/Duscam here though Trini raising valid points, check it out, we did have a bomb squad for the 02 campaign when we rip up de early rounds qualifying easily for the Hex, not sure about this, many closer to the team may know better, but from what I saw in the Hex I am of the opinion that men heads got too big for the team and Potters could not handle these egos (perhaps an element of complacency was there as well) and that ultimately lead to poor team chemistry translating into the eventual poor performance in the Hex. Dwight and Russell (especially Dwight) had to eat some serious humble pie afterwards when their club careers descended significantly to be able to play as a TEAM in the 06 campaign, Beenie of course perhaps handled much better any ego differences that were present then, the rest is history.....

It doh matter how many players we have in the EPL as long as the Jacklist in effect
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 09:21:57 AM »

Where you getting this wild assumption from...just because man happy that they players getting opportunities in one of the top two/three leagues in the world?  steups

Thank you Captain Obvious...but no one said that it would.

Not 'virtually indestructable'...but they are becoming increasingly dominant.

Which alternate reality you living in?  We have NEVER had a 'host of Premiership' players.  Latas never played in a 'high profile UK top league'...unless you're saying that HE was a top player in that league, the mediocre SPL.  Simplistic also is your juxtapositioning of the 02 failure with the 06 success with lower league players.  We were failing even with those players until Beenhaker came in.  Most would agree that yes, we got superlative efforts from the players, but the coaching is what made the difference...not where the players plied their trade.

You make a good point about the difficulties in getting players released for international duty...but that is relatively easy to overcome "Country over Club"...remember?  Other than that your argument is simplistic at best.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 09:56:06 AM »
Bake and Shark - u seeing yuh flikking period or what?

If you up for it, check out the previous post to mine, from Mr Grande.

" with the amount of Trinis rumoured to be signing for EPL clubs lately, we should have a bomb squad for 2010 "

So that second comment you made in BLUE in reply to my message,.... as I have been urging people here for years, before allyuh resort to allyuh natural innate tendency to disagree and argue, allyuh f**kin read before allyuh post nah....

I hope you are not one of those people who disagree to exude intelligence.

With regard to Latapy, you are entitled to you opinion on the SPL. If I recall, he won a couple players of the month awards, and was signed by Rangers. When last I checked, rangers and Celtic consistently beat, or at worse, compete strongly with Man U and Chelsea. Didnt Celtic reach very far 2 champions league campaign ago, even beating Barcelona??

In counter to your assertion that my hypothesis was simplistic in comparing the success in 06 compared to the failure in 02 and the correlation between which division our players are in, I am just stating my opinion based on facts. WE DID HAVE MUCH MORE LOWER LEAGUE PLAYERS WHEN WE QUALIFIED FOR THE WC THAN WHEN WE FAILED BEFORE . - FACT.
You stating it was only Beenhakker is your opinion, and not even simplistic, but rather incomplete. Didnt jamaica qualify for France with a bunch of no-names, and now all of a sudden, have players in Premiership and flopping too....
Connect the dots.

And finally, your comment on the COUNTRY over CLUB rule, but sorry to say, your argument isn't simplistic, but rather seems a bit nieve-istic.

Apparantly you have not been following the politics of club vs country rows over the last decade or so....

My previous post was an attempt to add some balanced thought to the discussion, using our past as an example.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 10:19:55 AM »

" with the amount of Trinis rumoured to be signing for EPL clubs lately, we should have a bomb squad for 2010 "

So that second comment you made in BLUE in reply to my message,.... as I have been urging people here for years, before allyuh resort to allyuh natural innate tendency to disagree and argue, allyuh f**kin read before allyuh post nah....

Trini my comment was meant to have a sarcastic tone to it...I not sure if you or other forumites ketch dat.

As a La Liga man I am de first one to say that the EPL is not the be all and end all...but I recognize is still one of the world's better leagues. And if we have a lot of players playing there then I happy like pappy. But is all rumours so hence de sarcasm.

I agree we may not have a bomb squad even with mostly EPL players, but under the right coaching we could have a damn good side. Every sarcastic comment have a bit of truth in it. :beermug:

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 10:26:09 AM »
look u spawning anodda classic debate here now, La Liga vs EPL

I too often wondered why our players dont look at other options outside the UK...

To me that is adding REAL value to a national team, having players all over the place....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 11:41:30 AM »

Funny thing is I'm sure in judging the two, most casual observers would rate your response the more hormonal...but no surprise there, the mad seldom think themselves mad.

I did see the quote...and whole-heartedly agree that more players playing in the upper echelon of football could only translate into making the squad a 'bomb squad'.  Nowhere did he state any absolutes or make any guarantees.  Where does that warrant you telling forumites that the EPL isn't the end all be all in football?  As a matter of fact NO ONE even made anything approximating such an assessment.  One would have to question then exactly what your definition/interpretation of 'bomb squad' would be...seeing that you felt the need to come and "add some balanced thought to the thread".

lol, the irony.  Maybe I should have simply asked you instead to point out where ANYONE was claiming or making the case  "that the Premiership is the be all and end all for T&T football....".  Maybe you can put some of those well-honed reading skills you prescribe to use... "physician, heal thyself" lol

I hope you are not one of those people who disagree to exude intelligence.

With regard to Latapy, you are entitled to you opinion on the SPL.

Except it is more than just opinion.  The SPL is a mediocre league anyway you cut it...albeit one with a lot of history and some modicum of prestige...strip that away however and what you have left is The Coca Cola Championship.

If I recall, he won a couple players of the month awards, and was signed by Rangers. When last I checked, rangers and Celtic consistently beat, or at worse, compete strongly with Man U and Chelsea. Didnt Celtic reach very far 2 champions league campaign ago, even beating Barcelona??

Lol@ "consistently beat"...now I know you smoking some bad weed. 

Even if I were to concede your point on Rangers and Celtic (which I don't, but for argument's sake...), is there any other team in that league worthy of mention?  Bear in mind you rated the SPL up there among the top European leagues...you weren't just talking about Rangers and Celtics...but the League itself.  That's like rating the Brazilian league on the strength of the accomplishments of Vasco and Flamenco.  All of Serie A is competitive...all of La Liga is competitive...all of the EPL is competitive.  Let me hazard a guess and say that nobody rates Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell or Falkirk, but their respective fans.

In counter to your assertion that my hypothesis was simplistic in comparing the success in 06 compared to the failure in 02 and the correlation between which division our players are in, I am just stating my opinion based on facts. WE DID HAVE MUCH MORE LOWER LEAGUE PLAYERS WHEN WE QUALIFIED FOR THE WC THAN WHEN WE FAILED BEFORE . - FACT.

A fact which no one disputes...except you attempt to make a simplistic...ah hell...a dumbass correlation between the fact that our WC players were from the lower tier leagues, and the fact that they got to Germany...when in fact the evidence shows that that is far from the case.

You stating it was only Beenhakker is your opinion, and not even simplistic, but rather incomplete.

Well let's look at the evidence...wasn't it the same group of lower-level players who were toiling away under St. Clair?  What was their record pre-Beenhaker...and continuing right after his appointment?  I never for once said that it was just him, but obviously it wasn't just talent either because talent wasn't getting us anywhere before Beenie.  Clearly he was able to get more out of the same talent pool, so who do you credit?  You on an island by yourself if you can't acknowledge that it was Leo who turned around our fortunes.  No need for me to even bother arguing that with you.

Didnt jamaica qualify for France with a bunch of no-names, and now all of a sudden, have players in Premiership and flopping too....
Connect the dots.

...and this signifies what?  Should we now expect that TnT too will "now all of a sudden, have players in Premiership and flopping too..."?  That's yuh point?  Connect what dots...the LSD 'dots' yuh licking mussbe.

And finally, your comment on the COUNTRY over CLUB rule, but sorry to say, your argument isn't simplistic, but rather seems a bit nieve-istic.

Apparantly you have not been following the politics of club vs country rows over the last decade or so....

My previous post was an attempt to add some balanced thought to the discussion, using our past as an example.

"nieve-istic"...you make dat up all by yuhself?

There is nothing simplistic about my position at all...unless you rate yours the same.  I co-signed on your statement (or did your superlative reading skills once again fail you?) about it being more difficult for players to fulfill their international duties, but said that it's a situation that's relatively easy to overcome...given the backing of FIFA on the matter.  That doesn't mean that it will be automatic or without a fight, but nothing like having the rule of law on your side.  Simple...not simplistic.  You'd do yourself a benefit to learn the difference.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 01:54:18 PM »
u sound like u need a hobby dread...

The sad thing is that you kinda sound like Reggaefan

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »

Trini my comment was meant to have a sarcastic tone to it...I not sure if you or other forumites ketch dat.

As a La Liga man I am de first one to say that the EPL is not the be all and end all...but I recognize is still one of the world's better leagues. And if we have a lot of players playing there then I happy like pappy. But is all rumours so hence de sarcasm.

I agree we may not have a bomb squad even with mostly EPL players, but under the right coaching we could have a damn good side. Every sarcastic comment have a bit of truth in it. :beermug:

emoticons are your friend
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 02:06:16 PM »

emoticons are your friend

ah but the lack of them is the beauty of internet sarcasm

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 03:38:05 PM »
u sound like u need a hobby dread...

The sad thing is that you kinda sound like Reggaefan
...and you sound like yuh talking out yuh ass, and given where your head is it actually makes perfect sense.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 05:20:45 AM »
BURP !

No need to get all emotional Bark and Shit.

Your personal attack on me now has me wondering if you are a jilted homosexual.

As I said before, I'll give you the benefit and just assume its just that time of the month for you.

Say it after me " sometimes I dont have to disagree just to portray intelligence"

Thats the fancy name for it. In the caribbean, we call it being BADMIND and its the root of our rot.

Seeing that you have some sort of liking for the human rectum (the quote you use in all your messages, and the words used in your last attack on me), go try a backflip and spit in yuh kakahole....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 11:46:08 AM »
BURP !

As I said before, I'll give you the benefit and just assume its just that time of the month for you.

Say it after me " sometimes I dont have to disagree just to portray intelligence"

Thats the fancy name for it. In the caribbean, we call it being BADMIND and its the root of our rot.

Seeing that you have some sort of liking for the human rectum (the quote you use in all your messages, and the words used in your last attack on me), go try a backflip and spit in yuh kakahole....

The more you post the more you reveal what a juvenile dunce you are.  It is clear you suffering from some sort of arrested development that compromises not only your ability to grasp simple concepts, but which also leaves you tossing these bullshit secondary school insults in the air hoping that somehow one would stick.  I don't need to "disagree just to portray intelligence" as I already attempted to show you, I disagree on the entire merits of your idiotic statements and detailed for you why, in simple terms that your average 12-year old child would understand.  And still I lost you somehow, in your petulant insistence on taking offense where none was intended. 

So now yuh feelings geh bruise up (using simpler words fuh yuh to understand dis time) and yuh coming back with homo talk like some vex li'l south quay jammette who end up with early morning break in she face and no money in hand to show for it.  Anyways, de talk over yes...feel free to go ply yuh bullshit elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:38:14 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 12:07:48 PM »
Trini- Grande was just on kix when he said that with all the players in the EPL we'd have a bomb squad, and even if he wasn't on kix, his supposition doesn't by any means translate into a contention that the EPL is the be all and end all of T&T football, so your entire diatribe in response to that which was not even implied was hence absolutely unnecessary- that's all...

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 02:51:59 PM »
BURP !

The more you post the more you reveal what a juvenile dunce you are.  It is clear you suffering from some sort of arrested development that compromises not only your ability to grasp simple concepts, but which also leaves you tossing these bullshit secondary school insults in the air hoping that somehow one would stick.  I don't need to "disagree just to portray intelligence" as I already attempted to show you, I disagree on the entire merits of your idiotic statements and detailed for you why, in simple terms that your average 12-year old child would understand.  And still I lost you somehow, in your petulant insistence on taking offense where none was intended. 

So now yuh feelings geh bruise up (using simpler words fuh yuh to understand dis time) and yuh coming back with homo talk like some vex li'l south quay jammette who end up with early morning break in she face and no money in hand to show for it.  Anyways, de talk over yes...feel free to go ply yuh bullshit elsewhere.

F A R T !

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 03:37:29 PM »

F A R T !
That shoulda been yuh first and only post...it woulda make more sense.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 04:03:13 PM »
*sigh*

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 08:42:54 PM »

F A R T !
That shoulda been yuh first and only post...it woulda make more sense.

* Y A W N *

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 03:59:04 PM »
*bump*

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »
Aye, I thought Caribbean players were to laid-back for the Premier leaugue. These guys desperate. But if their desperation result in our guys playing in the premiership, I all for it. Bring on the desperation.

1]; } ?>