April 19, 2024, 11:59:35 PM

Author Topic: Playing it tough; TTFF blanking players' body.  (Read 4449 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Playing it tough; TTFF blanking players' body.
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:24:27 PM »
Playing it tough; TTFF blanking players' body.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) took a full two months before paying their 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup players. But it is taking even longer for the local football governing body to recognise the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT).
The national football squad requested FPATT's assistance on August 8 after the T&TFF's failure to pay match fees and allowances owed for the nation's Gold Cup showing.
FPATT president Shaka Hislop wrote an email to the T&TFF on August 9 requesting dialogue on the matter. His letter, like previous correspondence sent by FPATT, went unanswered by the T&TFF.
However, the Gold Cup players were subsequently told to collect outstanding monies on August 13. The T&TFF had one stipulation though. The national footballers were told to only expect payment after they had returned their Adidas bags.
Hislop, in a follow-up letter to the T&TFF, claimed disbelief at the stance taken by T&TFF general secretary Richard Groden and pleaded with the administrators to avoid such pettiness.
"I truly thought that as a national team and as a Federation, we had both gone past those days a long time ago," wrote Hislop. "Someone please tell me we are not taking this unfortunate step backward."
Groden is in Korea at present and could not be reached for comment on his organisation's stance as regards FPATT. But Hislop claimed that he remained unfazed by the T&TFF's persistent silence.
"The TTFF don't seem to have a policy toward FPATT that goes any further than 'if we ignore them they'll go away'," Hislop told the Express. "Which doesn't bother me at all. As long as our members come to any of us with a problem we'll address it accordingly.
"FPATT, as an organisation, is enjoying the full support of the Pro League, the Pro League clubs, managers and chairmen alike, and our membership drive continues If we provide the support and advice that our members want and need, TTFF will have no choice but to acknowledge us.
"But TTFF recognition is secondary to providing help and support to T&T's footballers."
Hislop also highlighted the T&TFF's request to have the players return their sporting equipment as an example of the petty issues than could divide players and administrators.
"I found that whole situation hilarious and confusing at the same time," said the 2006 World Cup star. "Hilarious because I really felt that as a national team we had long gone past those days and confusing because the ink had barely dried on the multi-million dollar, four-year Adidas deal."
The 38-year-old Hislop has officially retired from football after parting ways with United States Major League Soccer (MLS) team, FC Dallas.
Hislop, who was hampered by a back injury this season, was already in the final year of a professional career that made him the Caribbean's most expensive and high profile goalkeeper after his move to English Premier League club Newcastle from Reading in 1995.
Hislop went on to represent West Ham (twice) and Portsmouth in the Premiership before joining Dallas after the 2006 World Cup. He is likely to devote his immediate future to FPATT.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:00:34 AM by Flex »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Playing it tough; TTFF blanking players' body
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:08:28 PM »
really hope for the best in d end.   good luck fpatt!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:35:01 PM »

"FPATT, as an organisation, is enjoying the full support of the Pro League, the Pro League clubs, managers and chairmen alike, and our membership drive continues If we provide the support and advice that our members want and need, TTFF will have no choice but to acknowledge us.

Hmmmm. Makes me wonder what support for FPATT is like amongst the players as they don't seem to be mentioned.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:06:53 PM »

Hmmmm. Makes me wonder what support for FPATT is like amongst the players as they don't seem to be mentioned.

Yes, any indication that players are joining? Especially those who have caps for T&T but are not yet blacklisted - like the Gold Cup squad?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 12:16:53 AM »

Yes, any indication that players are joining? Especially those who have caps for T&T but are not yet blacklisted - like the Gold Cup squad?

Well the Gold Cup squad turned to FPATT for assistance on the pay issue, so whether they have fully joined or not, it's apparent that they are starting to recognize FPATT as a collective voice for them...which is a great start.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 01:59:44 AM »
Let them eh join nah more than crapaud go smoke dey pipe
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 05:40:29 AM »
Jeez and ages.....nah.... :o

Why I read dis thread in de middle ah mih breakfast??....ah shoulda know anything with de TTFF would result in it almost coming back up.....

Deez big men need to grow up!!!...

Doh back down Shaka....Jackula will be shown up for de nasty, stinking, blood sucking thing that he is....he and he croonies.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 06:58:25 AM »
My high school boys Varsity does ha to return their Adidas bags when de season done, so who de hell dem Socawarriors feel dey is? Big men and professional footballers or what? ;) So hear nah, if Dwight and Carlos and dem did make dis team, yuh telling me dem woulda ha to return some stupid Adidas bag too? Jed is ah set a little macumere-men running we football? Give we back we bags or no pay for yuh, oh and by de way how long ago was dis Copa America? Good luck FPATT and TnT football.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Playing it tough; TTFF blanking players' body.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 09:47:42 AM »
The TTFF really shamless, no wonder we had no games this week for international break because it seems the local have join the blacklist. I am sure they will not be called up again just for going to FPATT, sooner or later we will have no team. Jack Warner, Oliver Camps, Anton Corneal, Wim and Richard Gorden will have to wear the Adidas they doging players for and run out on the field.

Imagine, de pro league on break and we didn't take advantage of it will every other team played games and we expect success.

The TTFF is a f00cking joke.

Come on Hislop, thrown Jack off he post and take over..... pull a Abu Bakar on them.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Playing it tough; TTFF blanking players' body.
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 09:52:19 AM »
when will this treatment of players finally come to an end?
WHEN, Mr Warner?
you ent tired being chased by your own conceived Football Demons?

I saw this Dilbert strip today and thought of you Mr. Warner

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070822.html
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 09:55:39 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>