April 25, 2024, 08:44:32 AM

Author Topic: Five-star Colombia stroll past Trinidad.  (Read 9660 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Five-star Colombia stroll past Trinidad.
« on: August 23, 2007, 08:45:16 AM »
T&T U-17s concede heavy against Colombia.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

“Five star Colombia stroll past Trinidad.” That was the headline on FIFA’s official website after this country’s second match at the FIFA Under 17 World Championship and believe it  or not, it was a fitting way to sum up the events of Thursday’s second game in Cheonan.
Unlike Monday’s opening game, despite even losing 4-1 to Ghana, there was a show of grit from the T&T boys, but today it was not there as the young Soca Warriors’ after conceding in the 20th minute and holding the Colombians to one goal  at half time, thanks to some fine goalkeeping by Glenroy Samuel, T&T let up four goals inside twelve minutes to be 5-0 down in the 72nd minute.
T&T started on par with their South American opponents but a lapse in concentration and subsequently in belief left them collecting a handful without scoring any after 90 minutes.
Andres Felipe Mosquera climbed above the T&T defense to head home in the 20th minute and Samuel after stopping a couple chances in the opening 10 minutes, had to stand tall as the match progressed to prevent T&T conceding further. On one occasion, when he was beaten, defender Daneil Cyrus had to clear off the line. The Tobago boy was the only other T&T player worthy of a pass mark from this game.
T&T at one time forced three corners in the 12th minute as Akeem Adams also had an effort going wide. Samuel had to step up to save a couple more times, one in particular a one hand stop to deny Christian Nazarith in the 20th minute. So good was Samuel, that on one occasion when he went down after a rash challenge, the fans, applauded when he was back on his feet. There were 13,537 of them in the venue, a couple thousand more than Monday;s game.
Stephen Knox had T&T’s best attempt when his effort was deflected inches wide early  in the second half. But Santiago Trellez then made it 2-0 on the hour mark and Mosquera added a third item three minutes later to put the game out of T&T’s reach. On 68 minutes Edgar Pardo got the fourth and Ricardo Serna completed the onslaught in the 72nd minute to leave T&T shattered in a flash.
Coach Corneal, after seeing his team hang in there for some parts of the first half and containing the Colombians to one goal, would have felt his team had a glimmer of home in the second 45.He tried Kevin Molino up front in the second half and also had Sean De Silva and defender Sheldon Bateau on but nothing went right for T&T. Stephan Campbell, T&T’s scorer against Ghana, got the start this time but he too was off his game.
The Colombians were simply quicker, physically stronger and more eager to get the job done. They will have all reason to be confident against Ghana on Sunday as the Africans lost 3-2 to Germany in the first game and will the Germans will no doubt also be a tough hurdle for the T&T boys on Sunday.
Coach Corneal said that inspite of the heavy loss, the team would really lose big if it failed to learn from the experience thus far.
“We played a better team. We cannot pinpoint one area where they were not better at. They were much stronger physically. They were powerful in the air and we were really bullied this time,” Corneal admitted to TTFF Media. “We have a lot of questions to answer and we will have to reflect and do what is necessary to compete with teams like Colombia rather than just seeking excuses. Colombia came at us and even though we were pretty fit compared to other teams from our region, there was only so far we could reach and we played a team that was more ready for a World Cup game. We hung our heads too after the first goal and then the second one. It takes a lot more to close the gap and we need to take that lesson with us from here,” he continued.
The team travels by bus to Changwon for its next game and will play for esteem and respect on Sunday as even a best third place finish seems way beyond its reach and with that any chances of advancing to the second round.

TRI-COL: post-match quotes.

Eduardo Lara (COL), Colombia coach[/b]

"This was an important win for us in what is a tough group. We're now within reach of the last 16 and it's in our hands as far as the last match is concerned. I'm very happy with the result. We have got a strong team with a lot of good players, and I include the substitutes in that. I'm glad that two of them scored today. Ghana are a very good team, and I'll be watching videos of their matches again and preparing my team based on what I see."

Anton Corneal (TRI), Trinidad and Tobago coach

"We're obviously very disappointed, but we have to look at things realistically and accept that we aren't at the same level. This tournament is a real chance for our young players to gain some invaluable experience at the highest level and learn things for the future. You have to believe in miracles and we are going to prepare intensively for the match against Germany. We've lost twice so it's going to be tough for us to qualify, but we're going to do all we can to finish off this World Cup on a positive note."

Andres Felipe Mosquera (COL) Colombia defender

"I thank the Lord that we won today and that I was able to score two goals. It's obviously a little sad that I'm suspended for the next match against Ghana, but our team will give their all regardless. Ghana are tough opponents, and both teams need the points. There's everything to play for in this match, and I hope that we will get what we need."

Glenroy Samuel (TRI) Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper

"I'm very disappointed. We wanted to win this match and represent our country to the best of our abilities. Now all we can do is hope for a miracle. We can beat Germany, though. I'm satisfied with the way I personally played today, but unfortunately that wasn't enough. In any case, it's all good experience for us here at this tournament."

Final Score:

T&T 0 v Colombia 5 (Andres Mosquera 22, 63, Santiago Trellez 60, Edgar Pardo 68, Ricardo Serna 72)

Line-Ups:

Trinidad & Tobago: - 21.Glenroy Samuel, 5.Akeem Adams (4.Sheldon Bateau 70th), 17.Daneil Cyrus, 12.Robert Primus, 9.Aaron Maund (8.Sean De Silva 75th), 6.Leston Paul (capt), 15.Chike Sullivan, 13.Stephan Campbell, 14.Jean Luc Rochford, 10.Stephen Knox, 11.Daniel Joseph (19.Kevin Molino 55th).

Colombia: - 1.Mauricio Acosta, 2.Ricardo Chara, 3.Eduar Zea, 5.Sebastian Viafara, 6.Julian Guillermo, 7.Cristian Nazarith (20.Edgar Pardo 65th), 17.Andres Felipe Mosquera (capt), 9.Santiago Trellez (18.Jose Ramirez 78th), 14.Junior Romero, 10.James Rodriguez (15.Ricardo Serna 57th), 16.Miguel Julio.

Trinidad & Tobago (TRI) v Colombia (COL)

9 Shots 26
1 Shots on goal 14
0 Goals 5
17 Fouls Committed 19
19 Fouls Suffered 17
6 Corner kicks 7
2 Free kicks 0
0 / 0 Penalty Kicks (Goals/Shots) 0 / 0
1 Offsides 6
0 Own goals 0
1 Yellow cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
20 Actual playing time 23
46% Possession (%) 54%

Yellow Cards: - Daneil Cyrus (TRI), Andres Felipe Mosquera (COL), Eduar Zea (COL).

Photos:

Colombia's Sebastian Viafara fights for the ball against Trinidad and Tobago's Aaron Maund (9) during their match for the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Cheonan, south of Seoul, Thursday, Aug. 23, 2007. Colombia defeated Trinidad and Tobago 5-0. ..(AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon).

Colombia's Miguel Julio (16) fights for the ball against Trinidad and Tobago's Daniel Joseph during their match for the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Cheonan, south of Seoul, South Korea, Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2007. Colombia defeated Trinidad and Tobago 5-0. ..(AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon).

Full report to follow
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 12:06:37 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Five-star Colombia stroll past Trinidad.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:57:15 AM »
Which team we play in preparations for the world cup. Just ask yourself, but yet, we expect success. When we play against strong teams it will show our weakness and we could work on that. Peru alone will not do.

Anton didn't find any defenders after we qualified and there is so many young talent in North America we could more than get/look for.

We players looked like cones on the field and Colombia was training.

We looked good in the first 10 minutes and after that the team looked tired..... Colombia looked like they was actually scared of us in the first 15 mins.... we lapse big time....

We also need to put our players on a nutrition diet as most of them looked bonny and small. All the others team looking strong, T&T looked feable.... I mean, I eh want to knock the players to much, but still man, weight training and fitness training is very important, we cannot go to a world cup and look like we dying on the field.

De government should have add this to his budget, free milk, egg and cheeze for all kids under the age of 18 in T&T.....

Our defenders Primus and Cyrus made to many mistakes. Especially Primus.....

Corneal did a poor job..... I know its the players on the field, but Corneal have to take blame for many things.

We keep playing that dotish high ball, kick and run and cannot get a string of passes together.

If we keep de ball on the round and play it, we will do much better, instead Anton have them men just kicking high all de time... and any where de ball go 11 men running behind it....

We team not fast, why our defence playing so high....

Our forwards shooting like they passing de ball, weak weak....

We wing players not doing a good job, crossing and tackling.....

To much individual ball, no off ball tactics neither...., a simply one touch and run in de space for de return or make yourself available would have worked, T&T players holding on to the ball and loosing it very easy....

Campbell is the only player who played with heart and determination, we have to convert him to a defensive midfielder. Maund fight it too.....

Simple little shit we cannot fix... I mean, 5-0...... how much Germany go hit we.... I not expecting T&T to win de dam world cup, but at least put on a better performance than that man....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 10:25:25 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 10:18:45 AM »
What get young talent from North America????? they will only be waggonists.... ::) ::) ::)
That's just the argument of the naysayers. The solution is so simple....all the TTFF has to do is develop accredited affiliates in North America and even England and just use them to open up the pool of available players.

Offline Estelle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 10:27:01 AM »
We players look like babies - dey need beefing up - although some ah dem Columbians look oldish. Dey also have real height advantage in de box.

Also we defenders watching play and not de players who free free free.

We need to set our hopes higher than jus qualifying

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:39:42 AM »
Which team we play in preparations for the world cup. Just ask yourself, but yet, we expect success. When we play against strong teams it will show our weakness and we could work on that. Peru alone will not do.

Anton didn't find any defenders after we qualified and there is so many young talent in North America we could more than get/look for.

We players looked like cones on the field and Colombia was training.

We looked good in the first 10 minutes and after that the team looked tired..... Colombia looked like they was actually scared of us in the first 15 mins.... we lapse big time....

We also need to put our players on a nutrition diet as most of them looked bonny and small. All the others team looking strong, T&T looked feable.... I mean, I eh want to knock the players to much, but still man, weight training and fitness training is very important, we cannot go to a world cup and look like we dying on the field.

De government should have add this to his budget, free milk, egg and cheeze for all kids under the age of 18 in T&T.....

Our defenders Primus and Cyrus made to many mistakes. Especially Primus.....

Corneal did a poor job..... I know its the players on the field, but Corneal have to take blame for many things.

We keep playing that dotish high ball, kick and run and cannot get a string of passes together.

If we keep de ball on the round and play it, we will do much better, instead Anton have them men just kicking high all de time... and any where de ball go 11 men running behind it....

We team not fast, why our defence playing so high....

Our forwards shooting like they passing de ball, weak weak....

We wing players not doing a good job, crossing and tackling.....

To much individual ball, no off ball tactics neither...., a simply one touch and run in de space for de return or make yourself available would have worked, T&T players holding on to the ball and loosing it very easy....

Campbell is the only player who played with heart and determination, we have to convert him to a defensive midfielder. Maund fight it too.....

Simple little shit we cannot fix... I mean, 5-0...... how much Germany go hit we.... I not expecting T&T to win de dam world cup, but at least put on a better performance than that man....

I wholeheartedly agree. Our team did not get enough practice against quality opposition and our player looked frail and malnourished. Some weight training is definitely in order.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 10:41:34 AM »
We need to set our hopes higher than jus qualifying
yeah, this is a good point
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 10:50:51 AM »
this loss hut me almost as much as losing to jamaica............the way we lost dread.....................to who ever said cambell alone play with heart that not true....them youths fight some ah them n do so well but i believe they played they heart out.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 12:38:03 PM »
I can't understand people blaming government for our players being malnourished etc etc who growing up these kids/don't they have parents,weight training still may not help these guys by nature we are small people,our problem is we are selecting the wrong players,we selecting players because they from Jabloteh,Rangers etc etc go in the country districts (Mayaro,Toco,North Coast for example)you will get strong,physical players work on their technical ability and see the difference.I can't understand Lincoln/Anton did screening all over the country still come back and select the players from a couple teams.The bottom line is our Football infrastructure is not designed for teams to win championships,it's just for us to qualify.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 12:48:49 PM »
yet to see d full game....but i see samuel real saving...

and i hadda ask again....why bateau and o'neill eh startin for this team?????

i wasnt impressed by adams at all in d first game...may be good but he aint a left back....
and aint cyrus a forward now turn defender???

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 12:53:50 PM »
Ahh GUESS TTFF does only put up winning results
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 01:03:27 PM »
Corneal ! f....ing please. if these coaches don't reallise what is nessesary for success then they're wasting tax payers paper. when will we see the light?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 01:04:41 PM »
I see Aaron Maund singing de anthem....   :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »
I can't understand people blaming government for our players being malnourished etc etc who growing up these kids/don't they have parents,weight training still may not help these guys by nature we are small people,our problem is we are selecting the wrong players,we selecting players because they from Jabloteh,Rangers etc etc go in the country districts (Mayaro,Toco,North Coast for example)you will get strong,physical players work on their technical ability and see the difference.I can't understand Lincoln/Anton did screening all over the country still come back and select the players from a couple teams.The bottom line is our Football infrastructure is not designed for teams to win championships,it's just for us to qualify.

So yuh tink de players who representin Jabloteh and Rangers etc jes from town?  it couldn't be because dem kinda clubs is de best environment we young players have at de moment regardless of whey in we twin island nation dey from?

I real disappointed in dah post u make dey.  Maybe somebody teef yuh password today or u leff u computer on & went out or sumting
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 01:35:03 PM »

To anyone reading this post- this is what you call "OLD SCHOOL"

Everybody say it: OLD SCHOOL !!!!

Coops you self man....your thinking in this case is just too simple & naive to even warrant a rebuttal.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:36:54 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 01:50:36 PM »

Coops you think some blame could fall on de teachers rather than the students for a change ? ...after all Mexico won the last under 15 world tournament and dey eh known for their great height and size. Do we have the technical expertise to compete at this level ? From what i read our coach was confident that he had prepared well for this tournament....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 01:55:18 PM »

Coops you think some blame could fall on de teachers rather than the students for a change ? ...after all Mexico won the last under 15 world tournament and dey eh known for their great height and size. Do we have the technical expertise to compete at this level ? From what i read our coach was confident that he had prepared well for this tournament....

Mexicans are sterotyped as being small, but Mexico is a large country with people of all different builds....and their football players for the most part are not the small. In fact, the first time I saw us play Mexico live I was somewhat surprised to see how the average Mexican player was bigger (and taller) than the average T&T player. (Jorge Campos brought down the team average though ;D)

Good point about the technical aspect.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »

Coops ah they with yuh on this one,I know this ent the best we've to offer,what I see going on is corneal and the rest of them cronies want to collect they salary and hardly do any work,I could take the Fatima Intercol Team from 1980 and win that entire competition.

If we only knew what was ahead of us,we would of created a fountain of youth back in the 60's and 70's......... 

Offline teddy bear

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »
from what I saw today imo, we are tactically unaware of what needs to be done when we lose the ball as well as when we have it. We didn't look compact when we lost the ball, alot of ball watching and not aware of where the opponents are, 3 defenders pushing up and 1 staying in thus leaving players onside( on several occasions), the keepers starting position. and all this was just on the defensive side. i thought cyrus and primus had to work excessively because the rt & left backs went walk about.I can go on but will stop there. we had a few good individuals when attacking, but football doesn't just go 1 way. all i can say is it has to be 1 of two things, either the players are unable to carry out simple basic instructions, or the coaching staff is inept tactically and unable to see these simple short comings, Idon't know but will have a look against Germany to see if anything changes.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 04:59:22 PM »

Coops ah they with yuh on this one,I know this ent the best we've to offer,what I see going on is corneal and the rest of them cronies want to collect they salary and hardly do any work,I could take the Fatima Intercol Team from 1980 and win that entire competition.

If we only knew what was ahead of us,we would of created a fountain of youth back in the 60's and 70's......... 

Interesting.  I was tellin somebody today that I wouldn't be surprised, that if this current T&T U 17 side were somehow to meet de best players of Coop's and dem era in dey prime, dat dis U 17 team might prevail.

THAT is how much I believe the standard of football has improved.  And this is by no means any disrespect to players of that era.  I remember when Chelsea and dem teams so on vacation used to come down to play we full National team of de day includin de bess players of dat time and ress 6 on we.  Had a fella name Charlie Cooke score a bagful a goal against we.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 05:18:15 PM »

This is a very interesting observation. I concur  with this statement in that, I observed the same physical attributes or lack thereof on many of the players at the Gold Cup. Once more we need to hold the TTFF accountable for all facets of program development in addition to the individual athletic development by those who are choosing to represent TNT.

Players , themselves must come to the realization, that if it is within them to play at a higher level,
  the commitment, , weight training, discipline lifestyle and the sheer athleticism are areas in which they will have to dedicate themselves to improving.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 05:44:25 PM »
We can go on forever making excuses for why our Football is the way it is but unless we grow up and face reality our Football have no where to go,it have times we blaming Jack Warner,at times is the Coaching,at times the players,for me is a combination of all,since when government have to feed our sportsmen/women to play sport,why we have to go back in time just to prove a point,i wonder if you realize is people from the past that running Football in the country,is two World Cups we qualify for.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 06:19:11 PM by Coop's »

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 05:55:25 PM »
The idiot coach think he was taking the team to a church sunday league tournament. On the world stage, if you come half ass you will get plenty licks. By the way What is Corneal coaching experience?????
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 06:25:30 PM »
Sam corneal did scout north america ....  People forget that corneal had a planned in tournament trinidad people forgeting that we was to play caracas fc under 20  .... people forget that at least  6-8 quality games were planned.......... but then i guess people on here forget that the ttff said they had no funds and all this was scrapped............ how  does cornneal have to take the blame fuh this ???

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 06:34:30 PM by DWarriorMan-in-tobago »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 06:46:50 PM »
Well.......have to say I'm one of those that got the "wakeup call". Seriously thought this team was really good. At least good enough to not get beaten comprehensively like this, never mind the cutarse we get in the friendlies and the WASA game and Ghana and so on. I guess these were true indicators. We lost because the midfield did not show up today. Neither in defence nor in attack. Have to say the same for the Ghana game too. The off the ball running is non-existant.

This was indeed one of our better prepared teams so...well....uhh.....how the hell can we catch up?

Then again, the beating that we got today, we would have gotten at the concacaf level in the past, so at least we taking licks at a higher level. We moving forward  :D

I still say the team is very fit. At least endurance wise. However, when compared to both Ghana and Colombia, muscular development is way off. We definitely doh have all the pieces together yet.

At least these fellas get ah chance to experience real top level football. They will be playing these same guys all throughout their careers, (I hope), so at least they know at what level they need to be.

We need to solve the problem of moving the ball from defence to midfield to forward on the floor. All areas of the team must get involved in moving the ball. This should be our next challenge.

And I hope the core of this team remains together and beef up and get quick and strong.

Anton, your court.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 06:55:56 PM »
From what I saw of this game this morning, and past T&T games at all levels, I have to agree that we really lack tactical preparedness in our approach.  It's hard to believe that a team, or a country rather, with so many skillful players, could humble themselves so easily when faced with competition.  

We constantly gift wrap the strongest part of our game to our opponents when the coach lets the keeper boot the ball to the opponent's defence, stripping our midfielders of the opportunity to create an attack.  From there, we are faced then with an onslaught by the opponents counter attack --- this is repeated again, and again, and again...and yet again.  And then we wonder, "why can't we create anything in attack?", & "how come we not taking enough shots on goal?".  

Listnen, I'll say something that almost ALL of you will not agree with...There is nothing inherrently wrong with our defence...at least not much so than most countries on average.  Now don't get me wrong --  I'm not saying that we are in Germany's league defensively, so keep yuh blood pressure in check.  I use to also believe the "T&T bad defence argument" a long time ago.  Not so much anymore, though.   Point is, when you constantly give your opponents possesion of the ball, in a position where the opponent is given at least 3-4 seconds to evaluate your defensive position (goal kicks, keeper fruitless long balls etc), and remember they are facing downfield at our goal when we kick the ball long, you have to expect that a good percentage of the counter attacts against us will be successful --- statistical fact.  

Bottom-line:  Offence begins with the keeper.  
Simple:  Keeper passes ball to defender;  Defender passes ball to mid-fielder:  Mid-fielder passes ball to forward.  That is our strenght.  

What we do in most games against real competition:  Our Keeper or defender boots ball to opponents defense;  Opponents defense controls possession and passes ball to thier midfielders;  Opponents mid-fielders already in counter-attack mode, gives ball to forwards;  And we are left scratching our heads and bitc$%ing about our poor defence, and lack of size....yet again....hmmmmmmm.

No matter what, I still support my Warriors, young and old.  And as far as the nutrition comments on this post, I hope that any aspiring young footballer reading our posts, do not feel the need to go and bulk up with any kind of steriod just to make the cut.  Too much of that sh#@ going on in sports today.  We just need to play hard, play SMART, stay fit, and play a clean game.  Let the other teams use steroids and all that sh@% --- we better than that.  Pele didn't need steroids, and neither did Mohammed Ali.  Greatness will come one day to the Warriors.        
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 07:04:54 PM by fidel2xl »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 07:18:18 PM »
From what I saw of this game this morning, and past T&T games at all levels, I have to agree that we really lack tactical preparedness in our approach.  It's hard to believe that a team, or a country rather, with so many skillful players, could humble themselves so easily when faced with competition.  

We constantly gift wrap the strongest part of our game to our opponents when the coach lets the keeper boot the ball to the opponent's defence, stripping our midfielders of the opportunity to create an attack.  From there, we are faced then with an onslaught by the opponents counter attack --- this is repeated again, and again, and again...and yet again.  And then we wonder, "why can't we create anything in attack?", & "how come we not taking enough shots on goal?".  

Listnen, I'll say something that almost ALL of you will not agree with...There is nothing inherrently wrong with our defence...at least not much so than most countries on average.  Now don't get me wrong --  I'm not saying that we are in Germany's league defensively, so keep yuh blood pressure in check.  I use to also believe the "T&T bad defence argument" a long time ago.  Not so much anymore, though.   Point is, when you constantly give your opponents possesion of the ball, in a position where the opponent is given at least 3-4 seconds to evaluate your defensive position (goal kicks, keeper fruitless long balls etc), and remember they are facing downfield at our goal when we kick the ball long, you have to expect that a good percentage of the counter attacts against us will be successful --- statistical fact.  

Bottom-line:  Offence begins with the keeper.  
Simple:  Keeper passes ball to defender;  Defender passes ball to mid-fielder:  Mid-fielder passes ball to forward.  That is our strenght.  

What we do in most games against real competition:  Our Keeper or defender boots ball to opponents defense;  Opponents defense controls possession and passes ball to thier midfielders;  Opponents mid-fielders already in counter-attack mode, gives ball to forwards;  And we are left scratching our heads and bitc$%ing about our poor defence, and lack of size....yet again....hmmmmmmm.

No matter what, I still support my Warriors, young and old.  And as far as the nutrition comments on this post, I hope that any aspiring young footballer reading our posts, do not feel the need to go and bulk up with any kind of steriod just to make the cut.  Too much of that sh#@ going on in sports today.  We just need to play hard, play SMART, stay fit, and play a clean game.  Let the other teams use steroids and all that sh@% --- we better than that.  Pele didn't need steroids, and neither did Mohammed Ali.  Greatness will come one day to the Warriors.        

Boss post :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
It always  amazes me the way teams effectively give the ball away by playing the long ball whether it be from the goalkeeper or from defence to foward thus bypassing the midfield. Statistically you are limiting the touches your players need to develop some sort of cohesiveness.We supposedly have midfielders with good technique, give them the opportunity with simple passes to feet where they can organize and build an attack and play to their strengths. Anyway, hope the team learns from this experience. Good luck vs Germany.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:57:26 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 10:18:36 PM »
Takenoprisoner I agree with you most of the way. The point that players don't need to bulk up  is kind of misleading. Yes they don't need Arnold the terminator shape, but they need to strengthen up to withstand hits. As far I see, all our teams get push off the ball easily. Our guys don't keep possesion long enough to be effective on a consistent basis. I watch part of the Brazil-Algeria game and to be honest, the North African did hold their own for long period, even though they end up losing. Brazil had to work hard for them goals.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 04:36:55 AM »

De John D team from 80 was better
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 06:34:35 AM »
The T&T team is by no means a small team & so what if they were small, look at Argentina in the U20. The fact that they qualified was an achievement, don't forget it was the first time. Now as a federation the aim would be to build upon this experience. Don't forget most of the players these players are facing are in full time professional environments already, not playing high school football. Just look at the USA team and how they are struggling to compete. The standard of this competition is very high.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 10:10:15 AM »
The T&T team is by no means a small team & so what if they were small, look at Argentina in the U20. The fact that they qualified was an achievement, don't forget it was the first time. Now as a federation the aim would be to build upon this experience. Don't forget most of the players these players are facing are in full time professional environments already, not playing high school football. Just look at the USA team and how they are struggling to compete. The standard of this competition is very high.

People have to take off dey blinkers and realize that this tournament is no stroll in de park. The US team travel all over de world for warm up games,spend millions on development, have dey football academy in Florida and dey getting cutarse just like we(except for goal difference). Our players and coaching staff will learn from this experience...... I am disappointed by the results, but I still believe that our football future is very bright...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

1]; } ?>