April 26, 2024, 11:05:45 PM

Author Topic: What you'll thought of Damien Marley concert?  (Read 1959 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
What you'll thought of Damien Marley concert?
« on: August 26, 2007, 08:59:17 PM »
one of the best performances i've seen...

well put together performance, no setta wheel and wheel.. just good music and nice vibes..

anyone else take it in?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: What you'll thought of Damien Marley concert?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:30:35 PM »
i din see it so hear wah , geh me the link or post it for me see it nah boy
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 09:30:28 AM »
i vex i missed this one b/c these two tag teaming them to maximun effect. one giving u the marley look and a dancehall chant and one giving u the marley voice and the good vibes. the marley family business is in good hands.  anybody have any pics, phone video etc?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 02:55:57 PM »
Marley magic thrills fans

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161195115

LONG LOCKS: Damian "Jr Gong" Marley, son of reggae legend Bob Marley during his performance.

"JUNIOR, Junior!" was the recurring chant from hundreds of reggae fans at the Jean Pierre Complex, Mucurapo, Port of Spain, at the weekend.

They called over and over for the return of the youngest son of the Marley clan during his concert appearance at Summer Fest 2007. And he answered them each time.

Damian "Jr Gong" Marley was in top form, delivering three successive encores during a marathon three-hour performance that appeased the most demanding of his fans.

He kept a high energy level throughout; his long locks bobbing around as he jumped from stage left to right to deliver messages of conscious self-change and empowerment that hit home with the large Saturday night audience.

"De people and dem stand up and dem nah wha leave so meh had to answer de call," he said with a tired smile, backstage moments after his performance.

"That's why we always enjoy coming to Trinidad because we always have a good time."

The audience leapt to their feet and roared to life when the multi-Grammy winner charged on stage just after midnight to open with his controversial politically motivated "Confrontation" off the certified gold Welcome to Jamrock album. And when he switched to the chart-topping title track the result was electric. The screams of adoring fans must still be echoing in the reggae star's head on his flight back to Miami today.

It was his older brother and mentor Stephen Marley, however, who provided the most memorable moment of the night when he took centre stage to deliver his father's hit "Pimpa's Paradise".

While Jr Gong seems to have inherited his father's stage performance, Stephen has been blessed with Marley's raspy voice.

The two were are an unbeatable team as Jr's rough cut chants perfectly complements Stephen's crooning. Together they roused the spirits of the reggae faithful with a pore-raising performance of Bob's "Could You Be Loved" before jamming into their club hits "Hey Girl" and "Traffic Jam".

Stephen said afterwards the reception was overwhelming. He said the greetings he has received in T&T show, despite politcal differences, Caribbean people are united.

"Trinidad is we brother and sister. Forget what you heard about Trinidad and Jamaica. We are one, we are family tonight. Me feel it. Jah know, much love to Trinidad," he concluded.

Comments: Marley magic thrills fans

BEST FROM THE BEST    Posted: 2007-08-27 07:29:00 AM
This was the best concert i have been to ever. the performances, the love, the unity, the vibe....those brothers sure delivered. Honestly, i never heard someone cuss hard at this concert, no fights, not even a bottle break..it was so humble. I would tell anybody who never saw these guys perform to do so whenever the oppurtunity arises. I love you Junior Gong!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much love to all rastas

Marley concert    Posted: 2007-08-27 07:57:00 AM
i want to say to the promoters that this was a well organised event...i thoroughly enjoyed it. the ambience was wonderful and i felt extremely safe throughout the night-i must say thank you to the members of the police. once again, congratulations on a job well done...this was truly a concert to remember

marley moment!    Posted: 2007-08-27 04:10:00 AM
best concert vibes were there in full saturday.......junior gong mash up! ifonly people would heed their words, trinidad neede that! but we too backwards for us to nite and stop the crime...but it was a great motivator!
Bob blood runs strong    Posted: 2007-08-27 09:13:00 AM
Brilliant performer.

jr.gong    Posted: 2007-08-27 06:11:00 AM
that is a inspirational setting to see trinidad unite to such conscience and heart felt music Jr. Gong has a part in connecting trini people together lets hope more progress in uniting trindad locals all together.

Like father like sons    Posted: 2007-08-27 11:27:00 AM
The torch has been passed from father to sons. They are certainly keeping the flame alive.

you know!!!    Posted: 2007-08-27 2:03:00 PM
Ras-Ta-Fari, yeah man good to hear de brothers get a warm reception from the Trini massive and dem. Jah bless and protect de I.

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jr. Gong Concert
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »
any 1 attended the Jr. Gong concert ??? post ur pic nah   
i'll post mine later on doh worry  ;)
ADM

Offline bacchanalwomantt

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 07:03:57 PM »
Meh brudder, nephew and bro-in-law went...meh brudder sen meh dat same Trini Express link...he say it was de best concert he ever attended...and he attend a lot in he lifetime arready...saw Junior Gong at Kool Haus a couple of years ago here in de T-Dot...and truly loved the performance...it was electrifying...and he was on fire!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 10:10:03 PM »

I think it was in the Savannah I hear Jr Gong perform a while back.  Same concert Bennie was there looking like he on something and Machel jump in the crowd and allegedly everybody move and he fall on de ground   :devil:

Jr Gong ras reallll long...cah remember it being that long before.  (Anybody ever see Tallman without a hat?)

Anyway...side topic.. Concert was in the stadium right?  I eh know if it was inside or outside but if it was inside....bachanalwoman...ask your peeps if they use the million $$ covers to protect the field.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 10:46:02 PM »

I think it was in the Savannah I hear Jr Gong perform a while back.  Same concert Bennie was there looking like he on something and Machel jump in the crowd and allegedly everybody move and he fall on de ground   :devil:

Jr Gong ras reallll long...cah remember it being that long before.  (Anybody ever see Tallman without a hat?)

Anyway...side topic.. Concert was in the stadium right?  I eh know if it was inside or outside but if it was inside....bachanalwoman...ask your peeps if they use the million $$ covers to protect the field.
Get that same vibes Gong ras was not that long last years ,what extentions  :heehee:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 09:18:23 AM »
Junior Gong is pure class!

See it deh know the innocent going up in vapors
And propoganda spreading inna the sunday papers not even superman coulda save you with him cape cause
Red-a Judgement a blaze, blaze ya
And Babylon a gamble the youth dem life like racehorse
And gi dem a uniform and a shave dem head with razors
And now the clock a strike war, don't be amazed cause
inna dem churches tryin to save...saviours

I think there's a major difference in vibe in attending one of these concerts in the region or in de States or Canada etc. ... for one I think the security arrangements at many a foreign venue jes mash up de vibes in an unnatural way ...

"Trinidad is we brother and sister. Forget what you heard about Trinidad and Jamaica. We are one, we are family tonight. Me feel it. Jah know, much love to Trinidad," he concluded.

"That's why we always enjoy coming to Trinidad because we always have a good time."

See it deh.  :)

1]; } ?>