April 25, 2024, 05:57:02 PM

Author Topic: Jabloteh reject Celtic offer.  (Read 25636 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Jabloteh reject Celtic offer.
« on: August 27, 2007, 05:49:47 AM »
Jabloteh reject Celtic offer.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Title contenders hold Connection

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh just cannot seem to get a fair deal these days. Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick told the Express that the Pro League club received an undisclosed offer from Scotland Premier League defending champions, Celtic, for 18-year-old midfielder Khaleem Hyland but were poised to reject it.
Celtic allegedly offer Hyland a one-year deal with the option of a second year but Fenwick said the terms were not suitable for the local club or player.
"It is not good enough," Fenwick said. "If we get a reasonable offer, no way would we stand in the player's way... The British transfer window closes on Wednesday so, unless things change by tomorrow, I cannot see anything happening until January."
Jabloteh were not having things their own way at the Manny Ramjohnn Stadium either as they were fortunate to escape with a goalless draw on Saturday night against bitter rivals, Vibe CT 105 W Connection.
Hyland played the full 90 minutes for Jabloteh but was upstaged by goalkeeper Cleon John who was in outstanding form as Connection threatened throughout.
"A cat's got nine lives and we used them all up," Fenwick told the TT Pro League website.
Saturday's draw meant that Jabloteh could drop three points behind present leaders, Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA, if the latter team defeated Economy North East Stars yesterday.
For W. Connection, it was a case of two points dropped.
"We were able to penetrate their defence on four occasions and create clear cut chances," Connection coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier told the TT Pro League, "and it shows that our guys were on top of their game, but as I have said, we just have a draw to show proof of it, because our finishing let us down."
Jabloteh failed to get three points from their last two outings before Saturday's kick off and did not look keen to do themselves any favours early on.
Teenaged right back Devon Jamerson squandered possession high up the pitch in the 11th minute, after Hyland and Jason Marcano were ponderous from a right side Jabloteh corner kick, and Connection's fresh faced strike pair sliced through the opposing backline.
Jonathan Frias played a clever pass to Dwight Scott who sprinted from the halfway line into the Jabloteh penalty area only to be denied by a superb John save low to his right.
John performed an encore, 19 minutes later, with another fine reflex save to deny Connection midfielder Ronaldo Viana while Scott and Frias also failed to capitalise on decent opportunities before the interval.
The trend continued in the second half with John clawing away another Frias shot in the 55th minute and looking on as Gefferson Goulart blasted the rebound over the bar.
"You know we will lose this match 1-0," muttered one frustrated Connection official.

Jabloteh tried to oblige.

Substitute Peter Byers, who replaced striker Cornell Glen, thrives as a lone centre forward-a tactical preference of Fenwick's-and nearly conjured up a winner, six minutes from time, when he barged into the penalty but hooked his effort wide of the last post.
National midfielder Trent Noel came close too but saw his low free kick fizz past the wrong side of the Connection upright in the 87th minute.
Jabloteh were left counting their blessings, though, as left back Marcelle Francois escaped a second caution after leaving his feet in a mistimed tackle on Connection right back Kern Cupid in stoppage time.
"I am seeing so much good stuff on the training ground but it is not carried on into the games," said Fenwick.
Jabloteh have found themselves at loggerheads with national senior team boss Wim Rijsbergen and under-23 coach Michael McComie recently and their mood would not have been lifted by a rejected work permit application for Lester Peltier -who was on the verge of a move to England Premiership team, Portsmouth - and a supposedly poor offer by Celtic for Hyland.
"We need a bit of confidence at the moment," said the Jabloteh coach.
Caledonia AIA must make the most of their counterparts' malaise.

San Juan Jabloteh: — Cleon John, Carlon Murray (capt), Ian Gray, Devon Jamerson, Marcelle Francois, Trent Noel, Khaleem Hyland, Elton John (Wendell Joseph 74th),  Lester Peltier (Atullah Guerra 55th), Jason Marcano, Cornell Glen (Peter Byers 59th).

W Connection: — Marvin Phillip, Elijah Joseph (capt), Kern Cupid, Clyde Leon, Dwight Scott, Douglas Da Costa, Jose Luis Seabra, Ronaldo Viana, Gefferson Goulart (Leslie Fitzpatrick 75th), Christian Viveros (Hughton Hector 80th), Jonathan Farias (Earl Jean 67th).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 06:53:21 AM by Flex »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Jabloteh reject Celtic offer
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 05:58:29 AM »
Celtic bids for a player and Jabloteh rejects the bid. The plot thickens.
hmmmm

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 05:59:58 AM »
hmmmm

Maybe it was a real insult of an offer....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 06:06:37 AM »
hmmmm

Maybe it was a real insult of an offer....
It's possible, but I feel there's more to it.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh reject Celtic offer.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 06:32:01 AM »
Jabloteh like Chelsea... dey full of big names but cya score de goals.... Allyuh see dat lineup.. Hyland, Byers, Glenn, Guerra, Peltier, Gray, Trent noel... de man dem have some ballers sah.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 07:04:59 AM »
Terry Fenwich likes to play a defensive game, this is why Jabloteh catching they ass to beat certain teams (Caledonia, Connection) and if they do it by a small margin.

Those foreign clubs still think we does eat coconut for breakfast, lunch and dinner and shit in lat-trin (out-house) still in T&T. I could imagine the kinda of shit money they offered Jabloteh for Hyland. I feel that those 3 players should go to Germany, Holland, Portugal, France or Spain, they will develop into better players and besides, work permit will not be a big issue like the ones in the UK.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 07:40:31 AM »

It say here they offer 450,000.00 pounds for him.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30269.0

Is he worth more than that ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 07:44:47 AM »
Maybe dey go blame TTFF, Wim & McComie fuh dis one too.

By de way...ah wonder now who is de one who holdin back poor local youths from getting opportunities abroad?  Ah mean....Hospedales & Fenwick didn't have to write no letter.  All dem had to do was say 3 little letters.....YES.

Ting come back to bite yuh in de ass.....if ah laff ah pop yes...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:51:33 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 07:55:55 AM »
Maybe dey go blame TTFF, Wim & McComie fuh dis one too.

By de way...ah wonder now who is de one who holdin back poor local youths from getting opportunities abroad?  Ah mean....Hospedales & Fenwick didn't have to write no letter.  All dem had to do was say 3 little letters.....YES.

Ting come back to bite yuh in de ass.....if ah laff ah pop yes...

hahhahahah sweet  :rotfl:

Ah wonder what type of contract these players sign. Because players now have freedom of contract by law. So all Celtic have to do is tell the youth they will buy out his contract and he could leave. Probably work out cheaper. Its like an other job. Tell the youth call meh  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 07:56:10 AM »
I feel that those 3 players should go to Germany, Holland, Portugal, France or Spain, they will develop into better players and besides, work permit will not be a big issue like the ones in the UK.
Amen bredder, fack the UK with all that jazz.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 08:15:50 AM »
What's really going onn wid T&T and the football. it's like the WC carried a serious hex for the furture of our game, and talking about games, it's like little kids running the show down there, Bc it's pure games they're playing. i wonder if they know it's less than a year before we have to start the qualifying rounds and them rest of teams in the region is sparking and rearing to go. i just hope it's not another 2001, and by the way things shaping up it just might be.         very fackin sad :'( :'(
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 08:18:47 AM »

It say here they offer 450,000.00 pounds for him.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30269.0

Is he worth more than that ?

i think dat number was just ole talk because no way dey refusing 450,00. pounds...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 11:16:13 AM »
Celtic bid for Soca Warrior rejected
Vitalfootball.com

Celtic have apparently been knocked back by Trinidad and Tobago side San Juan Jabloteh after offering an undisclosed amount for teenage midfielder Khaleem Hyland.

The 18-year-old had reportedly played for Celtic during a closed-door game recently and impressed football development chief John Park. However, Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick has told the Trinidad and Tobago Express that the offer was not good enough for the club or the player.

He said: "It is not good enough. If we get a reasonable offer, no way would we stand in the player's way."

Lester Peltier and Atullah Guerra were also thought to have been on trial at Parkhead but Khaleem Hyland is reportedly the only one who has been the subject of an offer. All three have caught the attention of clubs across Europe, with Portsmouth recently pulling out of signing Peltier after failing to secure a work permit.

It's good to see that the club are scouting across the world and not leaving a stone unturned as they search for stars at the future, but hopefully work is also going on to strengthen the squad in the short-term.

While the signings of Scott Brown and Massimo Donati are already paying dividends - and show that doing business as soon as possible is the best way forward - Celtic are still worryingly short of cover at the back and also lack a Champions League level striker.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 11:24:34 AM »
Imagine you is Hyland and you seein dis news.

How u explainin dah one to he parents?  How yuh explainin it to he?

It will be interesting to see which other top club comes calling for Hyland's services.

Hyland, Peltier, Guerra.....mere pawns in big people dotishness.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 11:56:36 AM »
I doh even know what allyuh men vex about...there appears significant interest in the youth, only fair that in the process of negotiation you don't just grab whatever their first offer is.  Many times the opening bid for a buyer is decidedly lower than what he's actually willing to pay.  Seller's in the mean time, start high and the 'sale' is consummated somewhere in between.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 12:00:42 PM »
I doh even know what allyuh men vex about...there appears significant interest in the youth, only fair that in the process of negotiation you don't just grab whatever their first offer is.  Many times the opening bid for a buyer is decidedly lower than what he's actually willing to pay.  Seller's in the mean time, start high and the 'sale' is consummated somewhere in between.

As ah say...it go be interestin to see who else go be willin to pay fuh Hyland services..

I hope fuh Hyland sake it really have others in trute.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 12:15:53 PM »

As ah say...it go be interestin to see who else go be willin to pay fuh Hyland services..

If Celtics interested now, likely they'll be interested again come January.  Worse comes to worst, if there are no other takers between Wednesday and then, they're always free to come back with a lower bid...the kid will play in Europe sooner rather than later.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 12:20:56 PM »

If Celtics interested now, likely they'll be interested again come January.  Worse comes to worst, if there are no other takers between Wednesday and then, they're always free to come back with a lower bid...the kid will play in Europe sooner rather than later.

Yuh think?  Think Hyland is de ONLY player dem lookin at and would consider?  Wha bout the other thousands of players worldwide? I hope for Hyland sake your optimism isn't misplaced.

We'll see.  And remember.....the transfer fee is just the first part.  Then comes work permit and international clearance for a player who doh have national team caps (through no real fault of his own).

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 12:24:25 PM »

If Celtics interested now, likely they'll be interested again come January.  Worst comes to worst, if there are no other takers between Wednesday and then, they're always free to come back with a lower bid...the kid will play in Europe sooner rather than later.

Negotiating all well and good but when the deadline is days away unless you have competing bids then Celtic has the upper hand...better just negotiate for a healthy % of any future transfer.
A lot can happen between now and January and I don't know if the player would be happy to take that risk unless he himself did not like the terms or they don't think he would get the work permit and just gallerying.

On another note going now might give him a better chance to gradually get used to the weather rather than the blistering Winter in Jan....might seem trivial but it has gotten the better of some of our players.

We will see in a few days. If he goes nowhere I would have to think he would be very disappointed after all the hype over the "summer".

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 01:02:20 PM »
Negotiating all well and good but when the deadline is days away unless you have competing bids then Celtic has the upper hand...better just negotiate for a healthy % of any future transfer.
A lot can happen between now and January and I don't know if the player would be happy to take that risk unless he himself did not like the terms or they don't think he would get the work permit and just gallerying.

On another note going now might give him a better chance to gradually get used to the weather rather than the blistering Winter in Jan....might seem trivial but it has gotten the better of some of our players.

We will see in a few days. If he goes nowhere I would have to think he would be very disappointed after all the hype over the "summer".

Celtics don't have the upper hand because at the end of the day they are the ones who approached Jabloteh for the players services, not the other way around.  The significance of that is that they too have something to lose by not signing him now...they lose the chance to sign a young player at a 'reasonable' price, as opposed to losing out to a European competitor, or having to pay more for him later on.

Our perspective is one where we love to kick ball and in the back of our minds we hoped that at one point we would have had the same opportunity, so for having apparently missed that we relate to his 'loss'.  None of us have been a European football executive vying in a very competitive market for 'undiscovered' talent (b/c that's what it's all about, finding the best talent at the cheapest price).  We can't relate to that so we assume that they too don't 'lose' anything.  Hence your sense that they have the upper hand.  Despite appearances, this isn't exactly a buyer's market on talent.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 01:18:09 PM »
allyuh wha we send we players for free?

Local clubs should not be adequately compensated? If so what is the minimum they should hope to expect? a blue note? ten blue note? Do you know what was offered? What was refused?

Local clubs need these transfer fees to operate. Local football needs capital to develop... where else are they going to get it? From the 100 fans that show up? The government? Jack Warner?

Jabloteh is well within their right to reject an offer that they deem unsatisfactory. In these deals.. all parties should hope to benefit....and selling him for peanuts will not benefit the club and local football... in monetary terms and in so called football "brain-drain"
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 02:07:35 PM »
Dat is d problem wit Trinis is all or nutten. Who is dis fella the new Pele? Pleezeeeeee me eh say wuk 4 free but if yuh hot like hot cross bun and it eh easter yuh go lite up d place and somebody go see yuh.  They go say dem fellas in d islands have players with real skill and they go gotten to check all yuh in d future.

How much money they go get if he eh go. Loud steupsssssss.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 02:14:53 PM »
allyuh wha we send we players for free?

Local clubs should not be adequately compensated? If so what is the minimum they should hope to expect? a blue note? ten blue note? Do you know what was offered? What was refused?

Local clubs need these transfer fees to operate. Local football needs capital to develop... where else are they going to get it? From the 100 fans that show up? The government? Jack Warner?

Jabloteh is well within their right to reject an offer that they deem unsatisfactory. In these deals.. all parties should hope to benefit....and selling him for peanuts will not benefit the club and local football... in monetary terms and in so called football "brain-drain"
Correct.                positive.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 02:19:47 PM »
Dat is d problem wit Trinis is all or nutten. Who is dis fella the new Pele? Pleezeeeeee me eh say wuk 4 free but if yuh hot like hot cross bun and it eh easter yuh go lite up d place and somebody go see yuh.  They go say dem fellas in d islands have players with real skill and they go gotten to check all yuh in d future.

How much money they go get if he eh go. Loud steupsssssss.

Plenty Rubbish... ah sorry to say but plenty rubbish...  :(

So we ent sending them for free right? so send them for how much? what is the minimum to expect? You know what de offer was? any details?

thank you
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:21:29 PM by FF »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »
Who say anything bout free? I will neva say leave a job 4 a $100 more. So I am sure he will get more than what Jabloteh payin him. In addition when considering changing organizations the opportunites that they present will be considereedd along with salary. So in light of d aforementioned Fenick and u cyah convince me that it is a badddddd deal. I eh have to know d dollar value to know that it eh ah bad deal again loud steupssssssssssss.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 03:05:40 PM »
Who say anything bout free? I will neva say leave a job 4 a $100 more. So I am sure he will get more than what Jabloteh payin him. In addition when considering changing organizations the opportunites that they present will be considereedd along with salary. So in light of d aforementioned Fenick and u cyah convince me that it is a badddddd deal. I eh have to know d dollar value to know that it eh ah bad deal again loud steupssssssssssss.

but how much was celtic offering jabloteh?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »

Nobody ent say not to consider the opportunities that may arise... but this is business.... if you go take a deal without knowing the dollar value as well as the potential dollar value, you will not be in business for long.

Would u as the Jabloteh owner sell Hyland for say $50,000 TT with no sell on clause? I know I would not... but we dont even know what is Jabloteh's threshold... and what was de offer... so we cant know if it was a bad deal.... or not...

So how can we blast Jabloteh for rejecting de offer? Fair enough?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 03:15:41 PM »
Bad deal 4 who? Fenick and he boss or the yute man who will only benefit from d overseas experience?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »
Bad deal 4 who? Fenick and he boss or the yute man who will only benefit from d overseas experience?

Bad deal for the club and local football who badly need the capital injection. Also maybe even Hyland heself... we don't know!!

I want de youthman do well... but...

Football is a business ... not a charity...

When we football is run professionally and as a business we will reap the benefits... as long as we remain amateur we will get amateur level ball...

don't you agree?

Peter O'Connor now want to b part of d solution after he was part a major part of d problem for yrs. Loud steupssssssss. Why would any sponsor but money for d 300 die hards who on dis site to get up at an ungodly hr to see the Jnr Soca Warriors.

Is business dem fellas in not a charity they running
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:29:14 PM by FF »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 03:32:13 PM »
I still will say and continue to say that unless it have reallllllllllllll peeps wantin the next Pele I am sure that they will be getting more money for him than if they hold on to him.

Comparing TSTT sponsoring the under 17 games live wit this is craspping at straws it eh eh d same ting. TSTT eh go benefit from the 299 peeps even Touches eh see d entire game and yuh cyah get more diehard than Touches.

If is 50000 dey will get is 50000 more than dey getting now.

1]; } ?>