April 19, 2024, 05:28:21 PM

Author Topic: Jemmott sent packing by Superstar Rangers.  (Read 23271 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jemmott sent packing by Superstar Rangers.
« on: August 31, 2007, 09:32:45 AM »
Jemmott sent packing by Superstar Rangers.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).
[/size]

Superstar Rangers’ ace and Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Kerwin Jemmott adds to a list of three terminated contracts during the TT Pro League transfer window by the St. Anns based club this week.
According to team manager Richard Piper, Kerwin Jemmott including Colombians Milton Gomez and goalkeeper Jhony Ortiz Cardona were axed by the club this week because of ‘breaching their contracts’.
Jemmott who has been marred by a couple of injuries this season, along with a few of his Superstar Rangers teammates took part in a one day football tournament on Sunday in the Chaguanas area called the ‘Passa Passa Football Tournament’.
“We (Rangers) had a meeting with our players involved in Sunday’s tournament and have decided that its in our best interests to relieve these players of their duties. They breached their contracts and that’s basically it. It wasn’t their first indiscretion this season and that’s why we saw it unwise too carry on any further relationship with those fired,” said Piper.
The other Rangers players who were involved in the ‘Passa Passa Football Tournament’ are midfielders Devon Modeste and Arnold Ferguson but they weren’t released by the Pro League club.
“We have only decided to fine Arnold and Devon fifty percent of their salaries this month and keep them listed with us because until now they have been modeled players throughout their careers with us. We believe that it was fair to give them another chance,” explained the Rangers manager.
While head Coach Anthony Streete remained in a horrifying state over the loss of his marquee player.
Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’, Streete said, “Tears came to my eyes when I first found out. I have always been talking to my players as my own children on the circumstances they could crash into by playing in tournaments like those because of their contractual agreements. What hurt me the most is when I found out that my franchise player (Kerwin Jemmott) was playing in the tournament also,” said a disappointed Rangers head coach.
Streete expressed further dissatisfaction in Jemmott saying, “He is equipped with the skill to be the next Latapy but lacked the mental discipline.”
However Streete would be delighted to work with his now former midfielder again saying, “I wouldn’t mind coaching a team where he (Jemmott) plays at next. He has the individual skill that any coach would appreciate.”
Streete said that the decision to axe the three players was totally a management decision adding, “If a player doesn’t understand what professionalism means then this is what could happen to him,” ended the Rangers Coach.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 09:25:10 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jemmott sent packing by Superstar Rangers
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 09:35:19 AM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  I wonder who will pick him up, if he gets picked up.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 09:36:11 AM »
NICE, he gein ah next Trial somewhere?
 8)
oh wait, I only read the headlines
I go read de res now ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 09:46:05 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:36:49 AM »
stueeps!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 09:40:15 AM »
Jemmott sent packing by Superstar Rangers       
Friday, 31 August 2007 
By Randy Bando...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jemmott who has been marred by a couple of injuries this season, along with a few of his Superstar Rangers teammates took part in a one day football tournament on Sunday in the Chaguanas area called the ‘Passa Passa Football Tournament’.

Passa Passa  Football Tournament

Where  next for hardest Police  , defense force ...... tobago united ..... lord have mercy ....... nigel pierre and dwarika   get fire  fuh that somes years ago by  joe public.....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 09:47:30 AM by DWarriorMan-in-tobago »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:47:50 AM »
Look ting. Whey TI?????????  ;D
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 09:49:19 AM »
I take it these guys get $$$ for these tournaments. Is it possible players are engaging in these outside ventures because the compensation they recieve from their teams can't cut it? Does anyone know how widespread this is?

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 09:54:46 AM »
Hardest Hardest Hardest. We shud change he name to Harden cuz he doh learn!
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »
I take it these guys get $$$ for these tournaments. Is it possible players are engaging in these outside ventures because the compensation they recieve from their teams can't cut it? Does anyone know how widespread this is?

Players get paid yes.  But to be honest, I think is more a ball ho ting dan anyting else.

Latas for example would play a game in Arima in de mornin, when dat match done, go and play a game in Petit Valley in de afternoon, and den head to town to play a nex game in de night.  And I eh talkin premier league ting....is Village and Minor League football.  De Petit Vallley league was 7 a side, no offside, big field, and a goalie.

Is community based football and de players love it because of de vibes.  It truly is playing football for the sheer love of the game.  Yes, dey used to get pay....but many used to play for beers.

Of course, if you have a professional contract that prevents you from participating in such activity, you have to be disciplined enough to do that.  The professional clubs are quite right in their contractual demands.  Imagine paying someone to ply their services for your club and they go and get injured playing for someone else?

Hardest knew the risk he was taking.  And according to the report, is not the first time he transgress with this club.  He will land somewhere else because of his talent but it may end up being a case of the same ole same ole.  Pity.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 10:26:16 AM »
Once again these football people decide to fight down Hardest!
The truth will come out!

----

That is my best TI impersonation.
God is de Boss!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 06:40:38 AM by Flex »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 10:28:24 AM »
Once again these football people decide to fight down Hardest!
The truth will come out!

----

That is my best TI impersonation.
God is de Boss!

:rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 06:41:09 AM by Flex »
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 10:53:06 AM »
Jus when I decide to give the man a break and change mih signature
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 10:57:57 AM »
Yeah Palos I guess that's the part of the reality of modern professional sports, you can get punished for expressing your passion for the game you love.

Well, better passa passa ball than dogfightin yes

Would like to see him in connection line up, they could afford him  :D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 10:59:43 AM »
Wheys Bitter
i had to double check de name :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »
I am patiently awaiting word from TI about his most recent conversation with Hardest.

Bring de pop corn!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
Would like to see him in connection line up, they could afford him  :D
He is a former W-Connection player.

Pro League clubs Hardest has played for:
Joe Public (twice)
W-Connection
San Juan Jabloteh
Caledonia AIA
Superstar Rangers
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:26:50 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 11:16:34 AM »
I can't see a Pro League club taking him up.

Defense Force might be his only hope.....they could beat the senselessness out of him and get him fit.

Regardless of your perceived worth, when you disrespect your organization and blatantly break the rules you are liable to pay the ultimate price and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »
This is bad ,Is ah Friday  ::) wonder what he has planed for tonite now . If he had ah agent ,he could of tried to smooth this over .

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 11:25:35 AM »
what confusing me is that jemott made is debut under  the disciplinarian of tnt football bertille st clair.................ah bit ah fame get to his head?
or is it the same way we spoil our young players who are packed with potential? we make them think they have reached the summit of mt everest when they never reach the top of the san fernando hills
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 11:26:43 AM »
This is bad ,Is ah Friday  ::) wonder what he has planed for tonite now.
he could be goin to a Passa Passa ting, or
ZEN again, who knows :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 11:40:02 AM »
I just don't think these guys get what being a professional means,Palos what you are saying about Latas is nothing new because that was how it used to be,that was how we acquired our skills,that was how we gained our experience, but nothing was there to prevent anyone from playing,all i could remenber one time was when the TTFA banned all 1st Division players from playing Minor League  and that still did not stop us,we knew the league could not do without us.

That was then and this is now,it's a different time,in this business you can't pamper players,these players have to realize it's a job,they are employed by someone,if you look at clubs all over the world they have million dollar players sitting on Bench or not starting and these players can't play for anybody else.I've always said if our Football is to improve we have to improve at all levels and everything that concerns the game and that includes our players mentality.Some may feel that Jemmott getting a raw deal but sometimes we have to look at ones reputation,if this was any one of the major foreign teams leagues would he would not even think of doing that,it's T&T so any thing goes,players have to wake up and decide what are their priorities,it's a discipline thing.

It's just unfortunate that this have to be Jemmott,my hope is that our players are learning from the mistakes being made here,such a talented player going to waste,no one can say the country did not try because he was back on the national team,these are some of the things foreign clubs look at in order to give contracts.          

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 11:55:03 AM »
ah being serious here..hardest should just over club football and stick to playing village ball and sweating wherever and whenever he wants.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »
I can't see a Pro League club taking him up.

Defense Force might be his only hope.....they could beat the senselessness out of him and get him fit.

Regardless of your perceived worth, when you disrespect your organization and blatantly break the rules you are liable to pay the ultimate price and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Actually DEFENCE FORCE is the BEST thing that could HAVE happend to him years AGO! He would have gained the discipline he SO lacks now. Hardest has been given MORE 2nd chances than a cat with 900 lives, any team signing him now knows that sooner or later he will go AWOL and IF they base their team play around him, they willeventually pay the price. I suspect the departure of his partner, Denzil contributed to this, because I know Theo was helping Hardest to stay on the right track. Still, he s a big man with family commitments and has to realize that with great talent comes great responsibility!!! This news is VERY saddening to me!!! Up to this point eveything I read seemed to indicate the man had FINALLY turned the corner. Good Luck Hardest, I pray you one day soon get your act together... and not end another tragedy!!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »
lets assume Hardest career is now over (which it is not), would he then be #1 on the list of wasted potential, or does Dwarika still hold that title?

his career aint over cause once you good, somebody will take you up. a la Latrell Sprewell and Ron Artest

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 12:20:57 PM »
ah being serious here..hardest should just over club football and stick to playing village ball and sweating wherever and whenever he wants.

Is ah good thing yuh eh joking  ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 12:31:12 PM »
lets assume Hardest career is now over (which it is not), would he then be #1 on the list of wasted potential, or does Dwarika still hold that title?
Yuh cyar compare de two. Dwarika actually had a very good international career (69 caps and 27 goals), plus he won T&T Footballer of de Year 3 times, PFL Golden Boot, Caribbean Footballer of de Year, Gold Cup All-Star team etc.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 12:39:55 PM »

ah feel RF and jamaica2099 organize dis tournament in an effort to sabotage our 'star' player's future...
 :devil:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 12:44:37 PM by futbolfan »
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 12:47:02 PM »
The next Latapy,

Steupsssss.

What a disgrace to the great man.

Lets move on please.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 01:03:30 PM »
Yuh cyar compare de two. Dwarika actually had a very good international career (69 caps and 27 goals), plus he won T&T Footballer of de Year 3 times, PFL Golden Boot, Caribbean Footballer of de Year, Gold Cup All-Star team etc.

well i guess Hardest will be the best that never was. our very own Earl 'The Goat' Manigault.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 01:49:41 PM »
I not siding with nobody but if you could terminate the contract of one and fine the other one when they all played I mean which one is the greater of two evils....whas the real scene here?

1]; } ?>