April 25, 2024, 07:59:23 AM

Author Topic: Mc Farlane heads back to Lebanon.  (Read 1882 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mc Farlane heads back to Lebanon.
« on: September 04, 2007, 06:59:08 PM »
Mc Farlane heads back to Lebanon.
...emotional goodbye for the Rangers skipper.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

Superstar Rangers suffer another harsh blow to their 2007 season less than a week apart since the axing of midfielder Kerwyn Jemmott last Wednesday because of a breach in contract. Rangers have announced this week that leading goalscorer and inspirational skipper Errol Mc Farlane will leave his homeland on Wednesday to join Lebanese First Division club Al Mabarah FC for their 20072008 season.
Mc Farlane who had played with Al Nejneh in the Lebanese First Division League for five years before re-joining his longtime club Superstar Rangers last season is no stranger to the Middle East and would now team up with former T&T international Peter Prosper.
Prosper a former United Petrotrin and San Juan Jabloteh player joined the Lebanese club during their pre-season this year.
Mc Farlane a Trinidad and Tobago international explained that it wasn’t an easy decision to leave his present club Superstar Rangers.
He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I have a lot to play for here in the Pro League with Rangers. I am giving up my chance at the ‘Golden Boot’. It was also a hard decision knowing that my team really needs me but it was good that understood that this is my chance at furthering my career.” said Mc Farlane.
Superstar Rangers Manager Richard Piper who confirmed Mc Farlene’s move, said that Peter Prosper may have had some influence in the deal.
It is also understood that Ahmad Fadallah President of Al Mabarah FC had contacted both Errol Mc Farlane and Superstar Rangers with interest over the last week.
Piper told ‘ttproleague.com’, “Errol is going to join Al Mabarah FC on a one year loan deal. He would then return to us when their 07/08 season ends in July.
Errol Mc Falane’s contract with Superstar Rangers runs till December 2008.
Mc Farlane had his final session with the sixth positioned Pro League club on Tuesday which was followed by a brief farewell for the stocky built forward.
“It was an emotional period for us today,” said Piper. “We had a small farewell arrangement for him after his last training session this morning.”
Rangers coach Anthony Streete had similar sentiments.
“Errol told me after the session that he appreciated all that I have done for him as coach and that he would be taking his lessons with him.”
“We thanked Errol for his leadership qualities. It was emotional for me and some of the players knowing that Errol has always put out his best for our club.”
Mc Farlane is currently joint top scorer on the TT Pro League standings with 14 goals together with San Juan Jabloteh’s Peter Byers.
“I made sure and told him that he is leaving here as number one and to give the same type of performance in Lebanon,” said the Superstar Rangers coach.
Streete went to add that his team has suffered a ‘big blow’ with the loss of his captain and ace forward.
“We had a leading goalscorer at our club and with just a couple of months to go this season he is leaving us and that’s a big blow,” Streete said.
But the disappointed coach further explained that Mc Farlane expressed delight over his move.
Streete now explains that he has to rethink his tactical game plan. He said, “My team was built around Errol this season and although we are not high up on the table we were getting results tactically. With Errol, we were able to play with one striker but now I will have to change that system,” he concluded.
Related News

Coach Streete bitter-sweet on Mc Farlane’s Iran trial       
By Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

A struggling Superstar Rangers may lose their captain and prolific forward Errol Mc Farlane to an Iranian club as the striker heads to the club on trial next week. Trinidad and Tobago forward Errol Mc Farlane is expected to spend three days with the Iranian club on a trial organized by San Juan Jabloteh head Coach Terry Fenwick and English agent Neil Murray.
Rangers head Coach Anthony Streete has mixed feelings about the latest development and is pondering life without his main man up front.
Streete told ‘ttproleague.com’, “With Mc Farlane heading out on trial with the Iranian club and Kerwin Jemmott injured this can really put a dent in our team,” he said with disappointment in his voice.
Superstar Rangers are currently eighth on the League standings with just 17 points.
He continued, “We are struggling at the moment and without Mc Farlane we could be in even more trouble,” exclaimed the Rangers Coach.
But Streete a former national U-20 player is wishing Mc Farlane all the best when he added, “As a former national player myself and never having the opportunity of playing professionally outside of Trinidad I wish the best for Errol, and hopes things work out for him.”
However the 2006 Courts Pro Bowl finalists Coach is hoping that his star forward is offered a contract by the Iranian Club. In this way the monies earned can help out in a significant way with Superstar Rangers financial problems.
“Any money earned for Errol would be very important for our club,” he said. Streete would also be happy to have his main man in front present for their match against fourth placed Defence Force on Saturday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium before he leaves early next week.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 06:02:51 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Mc Farlane heads back to Lebanon.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 04:54:23 AM »
So I guess the Iran ting get overs.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mc Farlane heads back to Lebanon.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 06:06:04 AM »
A struggling Superstar Rangers may lose their captain and prolific forward Errol Mc Farlane to an Iranian club as the striker heads to the club on trial next week. Trinidad and Tobago forward Errol Mc Farlane is expected to spend three days with the Iranian club on a trial organized by San Juan Jabloteh head Coach Terry Fenwick and English agent Neil Murray.

Glad to see Terry Fenwick helping out McFarlane who dont even play for Jabloteh by the way.

1]; } ?>