March 28, 2024, 10:40:53 PM

Author Topic: TTFF never refused Jones.  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF never refused Jones.
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:17:22 AM »
TTFF never refused Jones.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation wishes to state that at no time did it refuse issuing a letter stating that player Kenwyne Jones was not considered for selection on the Trinidad and Tobago team in international matches dating back to October 2006 because of an ongoing legal matter due to the players disagreement over bonus payments.
Initially, the W Connection Football Club in the midst of transfer negotiations involving Jones, requested a letter of international appearances for the past two years which the club received up front from the TTFF. However on request for a letter advising Jones inability to play since October, the matter was put in the hands of  TTFF President Oliver Camps who advised the club representative that he had to first get advice from his legal advisers due to the pending court matter involving the list of players of which Jones is part of.
Camps subsequently agreed to issue the letter but was told at the time by the club that it was no longer required. The letter had been sought after to assist in ensuring transactions involved in Jones' transfer to English Premiership club Sunderland went smoothly.
"At no time did we refuse to do the letter for the player." Camps said in response to a newspaper article which stated that he turned down the request.
"When the club representative contacted me I told him that once it had to do with any of the players who are involved in a legal battle with the TTFF that I would need to get advice from our legal advisers. We agreed to do the letter. Mr Warner as well was aware of this but when I contacted the club, the representative didn't refuse the letter but said it was no longer needed. At no time would we try to prevent a player from making a move as it pertains to his club career because of the fact that he had been inactive for the country over a period," Camps stated.
"We wish the player the very best in his efforts in the English Premiership," he concluded.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:51:01 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF never refused Jones.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:41:52 AM »
oh dear, oh dear. Do I detect some damage limitation here?

Ok, so TTFF never refused to send the letter. However, the impending court case isn't about players being blacklisted, it is over unpaid bonuses. Two seperate (allbeit connected) issues.

The blacklisted players may well sue TTFF seperately over the blacklisting. I would be interested to see if TTFF took legal advice before blacklisting the players.

I doubt it. So why take legal advice now?? I would guess its because they were forced to admit to another football association that they were behaving vindictively and punishing players (probably) illegally.

That must have been a great phone call to receive from Camps so you could tell him thanks, but TTFF are so unimportant now, we don't need your help!!

A victory for Kenwyne, FPATT and Trinidad football!!

It would be nice to see FPATT in the news more, but it appears that they're leaving it to others to bring their actions to light.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 06:03:23 AM »
"I was refused a letter by the president of the T&TFF," said Jones. "I had to turn to the president of Football Players association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) for help. I think that FPATT letter was instrumental in my move."
Shaka Hislop, the FPATT president and Jones' World Cup teammate, confirmed that the young organisation felt compelled to support the talented player.
"FPATT stayed out of the situation with Lester Peltier because we felt, at the time, that it was a T&TFF and Jabloteh issue," said Hislop, "but we are keen observers. But, given that situation and considering their reluctance to come to the aid of Kenwyne, it seems to me that the T&TFF are unwilling to help anybody in Trinidad and Tobago football.
"We had to write in support of his application and were happy to do so because we feel he has been a great servant of Trinidad and Tobago football so far and will continue to do so in the future.
"We are willing to support any of our members in any way that we can."
Bizarrely, T&TFF president Oliver Camps contradicted both World Cup stars and denied that he was ever requested to support Jones' work permit application.
"I really don't know what you are talking about," Camps told the Sport Express. "I don't know anything about that."
Two days before the transfer window closed, though, the British Home Office granted Jones a new work permit and he was allowed to become a Sunderland player.

And yet, two days later, Mr Camps memory is restored. Amazing.

Now, normally, I would say that there had been a mix up between TTFF and Kenwyne and Jones must have misunderstood when he thought that TTFF had refused a letter. But when you have Camps saying "I really don't know what you are talking about," Camps told the Sport Express. "I don't know anything about that.", you have to wonder.

Surely, he would have said " I don't know what you're talking about, we sent a letter but they didn't need it." ??

Curiouser and curiouser.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:09:24 AM »
"I was refused a letter by the president of the T&TFF," said Jones. "I had to turn to the president of Football Players association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) for help. I think that FPATT letter was instrumental in my move."
Shaka Hislop, the FPATT president and Jones' World Cup teammate, confirmed that the young organisation felt compelled to support the talented player.
In ya GNIKCUF face Jackula
you have got to be the Most powerful little BOY within FIFA.
pettiness and immuturity rule you very existence.
just disgusting, you little piece of TURD.

how can anyone say that this man is doing good for TnT Football,
when will Jackula and the TTFF ever STOP this type of behaviour?
it has gone on way too long
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:27:56 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 07:03:47 AM »
If Camps had only one atom of personal decency/integrity left in his body he would resign his poition.  At this point he and the rest of the TTFF are toxic
to T&T football. The TTFF is not just a joke inT&T anymore. It is an international joke- we reach. He is clearly incapable of initiating any program or policy that
could compensate for the damage he has done or salvage his reputation. IMO- the greatest posssible achievement he can make now is to set an example by
admitting that under his regime the TTFF has become adverserial to the national interest and resigning his post.

Blessings

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 11:51:29 AM »
Ok who to believe Scamps or KJ I will go with KJ
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »

when he dead
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 12:49:19 PM »

when he dead
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder if he have weapons of mass destruction at his home. Mr Bush! would you like to test your new missles? :devil:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 07:38:57 AM »
So who really lying....  :violin:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »
Scamps has and will always b a stranger to d trute. So I goin with KJ & Shaka
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 06:54:36 AM »
Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Maybe the TTFF never did refuse Jones. But maybe they tried to move as slowly as possible (maybe for spite). KJ dem see what happening and move on to FPATT. Maybe.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 01:08:22 PM »
Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Maybe the TTFF never did refuse Jones. But maybe they tried to move as slowly as possible (maybe for spite). KJ dem see what happening and move on to FPATT. Maybe.

That seems plausible from the TTFF press release. They are basically saying they had to check with lawyers first which dragged it out in red tape. By the time they were ready FPATT had already come through with their letter.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 01:21:29 PM »
What they have to check dey lawyer for? Why they didn't check with him b4 they rob d players.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 01:28:31 PM »
The reality is.....Camps didn't have to give no response.

TTFF doh care bout PR because they are a monopoly.  We could bump we gum all we want, it eh changin nutting.

Change has to occur at the CLUB level first before any meaningful change can happen at the TTFF.  Why?  Because that is how the TTFF according to it's constitution is operated.  And whenever they see a potential threat to their stranglehold on the Federation, they amend the constitution accordingly.

So long as Warner has the majority of clubs in T&T in his back pocket, nothing will change.

That's just how it is.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 01:36:54 PM »
Palos yuh preaching this sunday here pass the plate

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »
"FPATT stayed out of the situation with Lester Peltier because we felt, at the time, that it was a T&TFF and Jabloteh issue," said Hislop, "but we are keen observers. But, given that situation and considering their reluctance to come to the aid of Kenwyne, it seems to me that the T&TFF are unwilling to help anybody in Trinidad and Tobago football.
"We had to write in support of his application and were happy to do so because we feel he has been a great servant of Trinidad and Tobago football so far and will continue to do so in the future.
"We are willing to support any of our members in any way that we can."
Bizarrely, T&TFF president Oliver Camps contradicted both World Cup stars and denied that he was ever requested to support Jones' work permit application.
"I really don't know what you are talking about," Camps told the Sport Express. "I don't know anything about that."
Two days before the transfer window closed, though, the British Home Office granted Jones a new work permit and he was allowed to become a Sunderland player.

And yet, two days later, Mr Camps memory is restored. Amazing.

Now, normally, I would say that there had been a mix up between TTFF and Kenwyne and Jones must have misunderstood when he thought that TTFF had refused a letter. But when you have Camps saying "I really don't know what you are talking about," Camps told the Sport Express. "I don't know anything about that.", you have to wonder.

Surely, he would have said " I don't know what you're talking about, we sent a letter but they didn't need it." ??

Curiouser and curiouser.

funny how his memory changes in just two days!
Hart for president

1]; } ?>