April 24, 2024, 09:29:12 AM

Author Topic: The Joe Public reshuffle finally begins.  (Read 7612 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Joe Public reshuffle finally begins.
« on: September 07, 2007, 08:19:42 PM »
The Joe Public reshuffle finally begins.        
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Five Released

Joe Public head coach Michael Mc Comie has finally begun reshuffling his squad as promised, after taking over from Cuban coaches Domingo Hernandez and Manuel Rodriguez. It has been two months since taking over as coach of Joe Public and at last, Mc Comie has started what he triggered in previous reports.
A string of poor performances has forced Mc Comie to make his drastic move which began in late August releasing five players, former Trinidad and Tobago international Nigel Pierre included.
Pierre a month to month contracted player was refused a contract renewal at the end of August. Guyanese international Kayode Mc Kinnon, Lyndon Diaz, Trinidad and Tobago international Kwame Wiltshire and Carey Harris are all no longer contracted with the ‘Eastern Lions’ as Mc Comie explained.
He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “All four players were given the option to play with the Eastern Football Association (EFA) Joe Public team but they all turned that down.”
“We don’t see the need for them at the pro level and if they don’t want to play for us at the lower division then that’s their decision,” said Mc Comie. The 2006 Joe Public champion coach also took time to announce to signing of 21 year old Devon Leacock of Stokley Vale FC.
“Devon is one of the new guys that would be in our squad. He is young and very strong in the midfield and I see him as a great addition in our team.”
Mc Comie further stated that he would add a few more players to his team before the TT Pro League transfer window closes next Tuesday. It is understood that the ‘Eastern Lions’ are currently with three foreigners and two Tobagonians who are on trial with the club, but Mc Comie isn’t willing to release names.
Public targets Connection’s Shane Calderon during window.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Defending League Champions Joe Public have set their sights on Trinidad and Tobago U-23 captain and W Connection forward Shane Calderon to move to Macoya during the TT Pro League transfer window.
Public’s head coach Michael Mc Comie has confirmed his club’s interest in the 22 year old striker on Friday.
He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “We are very much interested in Shane. He is very talented and is no stranger at our club.”
Mc Comie said that at the age of sixteen, Calderon left the ranks of Joe Public to join south based W Connection but is now eager to rejoin the ‘Eastern Lions’.
“He has shown a lot of interest in joining us and we are very willing to incline,” said Mc Comie.
Calderon is currently captain of the Trinidad and Tobago U-23 squad that qualified for the final round of the Caribbean Football Union 2008 Olympic qualifying and coached by Michael Mc Comie.
Calderon contracts with the ‘Savonnetta Boys’ runs till the end of 2008 but Mc Comie believes it is in their best interest to work out a deal now.
“We indicated in writing to W Connection our interest in Shane but they are not willing. It is best that they work something out now for the player or we get him when his contract expires for free,” said the Joe Public head coach.
Meantime W Connection owner/president David John Williams refused to give details on the matter when questioned by ‘ttproleague.com’.
“Shane is a contracted player with us and we have already responded to Joe Public in official. That’s as far as I can say on the matter,” ended the W Connection owner.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:25:43 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Joe Public reshuffle finally begins…five released
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 09:05:25 PM »
I wonder how that go happen. Wait is d same coach so I guess he can convince him to join JP
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 09:18:58 PM »
The Joe Public reshuffle finally begins…five released         
By Randy Bando…
[/color

Guyanese international Kayode Mc Kinnon, Lyndon Diaz, Trinidad and Tobago international Kwame Wiltshire and Carey Harris are all no longer contracted with the ‘Eastern Lions’ as Mc Comie explained.

He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “All four players were given the option to play with the Eastern Football Association(EFA) Joe Public team but they all turned that down.”
“We don’t see the need for them at the pro level and if they don’t want to play for us at the lower division then that’s their decision,” said Mc Comie.

that is total disrespect to the players man......if u releasing them u releasing them

The 2006 Joe Public champion coach also took time to announce to signing of 21 year old Devon Leacock of Stokley Vale FC.
“Devon is one of the new guys that would be in our squad. He is young and very strong in the midfield and I see him as a great addition in our team.”
 descent player, but small given the nick name bucky due to his size was once said 2 be "the nex dwight yorke"

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 09:23:29 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 11:31:56 PM »
My blood never did really take to McComie while at 'gustine...and as much as ah never really hold it against him (boss keeper) I'm starting to feel vindicated after getting an increasing purview into what an asshole he has devolved into.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 07:18:52 AM »
My blood never did really take to McComie while at 'gustine...and as much as ah never really hold it against him (boss keeper) I'm starting to feel vindicated after getting an increasing purview into what an asshole he has devolved into.

How the man is a a$$hole?  Football is a business.  If a coach is seen as an a$$hole for trying to improve his team by dropping some men and bringing in others, all coaches are a$$holes then?  Trust me, if these fellas were capable of bringing a title to Joe Public they would not have been cut in the first place.

And please don't use the "it's not what you do but how you do it" argument.  If a player is released from the pro team, he is released.  They want to use the paid pro positions for other players, but you are welcome to continue at the club in an ameteur role.  What is wrong with that  There may naturally be some hard feelings on the part of the player but that is the nature of the business.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: The Joe Public reshuffle finally begins.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 07:33:12 AM »
Kwame Wiltshire is a tun-tun !!!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 07:35:41 AM »
Public need goalscores badly, their defence conceded  20 goals so far, the second lowest after Cali. But they are not scoring well. Glasgow lookin more like a playmaker of late. Roen Nelson needs time to return to form. Not sure how their midfield is. They may regret dropping McKinnon. They will get licks in the CC championships if they don't pull up. Connection will probably release Calderon, once they buy a quality striker and they need young legs in mid and back as well. Jabloteh young guns will pull them through the end of season grind. With this group they will be hellfire in about 2-3 years time. Defence force has been truly professional.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 11:36:34 AM »

How the man is a a$$hole?  Football is a business.  If a coach is seen as an a$$hole for trying to improve his team by dropping some men and bringing in others, all coaches are a$$holes then?  Trust me, if these fellas were capable of bringing a title to Joe Public they would not have been cut in the first place.

And please don't use the "it's not what you do but how you do it" argument.  If a player is released from the pro team, he is released.  They want to use the paid pro positions for other players, but you are welcome to continue at the club in an ameteur role.  What is wrong with that  There may naturally be some hard feelings on the part of the player but that is the nature of the business.

He's ah asshole because I say he is, how about that?

..and of course it has everything to do with HOW you do things, if the HOW did not matter then there would be no place in the world for concepts such as CLASS, which is something McComie probably thinks involves books and teachers hence the reason he continues to run from it.

“We don’t see the need for them at the pro level and if they don’t want to play for us at the lower division then that’s their decision,” said Mc Comie.

It is entirely classless, tactless and downright ignorant to categorize the services of these men as being worthless or unnecessary, and there's an infinite number of more positive ways to say that there are better players who more deserve to be on the team.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 12:00:30 PM »
Ah hadda say ah agree wit BnS here.....McCommie is a real boss of a 'keeper from long time.....but oh LAWD.....to put it nicely.........he have an ego that cannot help but get in the way, no matter what the platform, no matter what the occaision.  He really comes across as a imps and does be talkin' nuff shythe on de tv and ting. I was told by a JP player that he is an excellent, excelent (goalkeeping) coach, though..........I guess that would stand to reason....

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 12:20:53 PM »
Mc Comie i bet was chaining up careldon head in the qualifiers...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 12:23:51 PM »
He's an unruly fellow....we play gustine a practise match back in the day and  we were both going for a 50 -50 ball and he get to it first so i pull to the left the man fire a kick at me....when i ask him whas that one  he cuss meh and step in meh face.......so i had to  slap that......men start pushing each other around   only because it was a practice match  I ent get send off but i had to sit out the rest of the half ....after that the game get nasty and he was instigating most of it and he was the goalie....hate that f**ker ever since....wouldnt mind a rematch.....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 12:53:48 PM »
He's an unruly fellow....we play gustine a practise match back in the day and  we were both going for a 50 -50 ball and he get to it first so i pull to the left the man fire a kick at me....when i ask him whas that one  he cuss meh and step in meh face.......so i had to  slap that......men start pushing each other around   only because it was a practice match  I ent get send off but i had to sit out the rest of the half ....after that the game get nasty and he was instigating most of it and he was the goalie....hate that f**ker ever since....wouldnt mind a rematch.....
This I'm surprised to hear of only because the coach, Kenny (cyah remember he last name) didn't broach no quarter as ah disciplinarian.  But McComie has always carried himself in an arrogant manner...like "I'm the man and I need to let everybody know it" kinda way.  As I said, was hard to hold it against him too much because he earned the title on the field, but the way he carrying on is like he doh realise that the higher you climb all that means is the harder the fall.  I have no doubt he reach where he reach in TTFF because of Downer's influence.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 02:20:37 PM »
This I'm surprised to hear of only because the coach, Kenny (cyah remember he last name) didn't broach no quarter as ah disciplinarian.  But McComie has always carried himself in an arrogant manner...like "I'm the man and I need to let everybody know it" kinda way.  As I said, was hard to hold it against him too much because he earned the title on the field, but the way he carrying on is like he doh realise that the higher you climb all that means is the harder the fall.  I have no doubt he reach where he reach in TTFF because of Downer's influence.

If is Ken Thorpe yuh talkin' about, then I eh surprised....he wasn't much of a disciplinarian when I played for him......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 03:44:29 PM »

If is Ken Thorpe yuh talkin' about, then I eh surprised....he wasn't much of a disciplinarian when I played for him......
Talking about the then St. Augustine coach...fat bow-legged fella...but don't recall his last name being Thorpe.  I could be wrong, I ole and memory fading.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 06:58:36 PM »

Talking about the then St. Augustine coach...fat bow-legged fella...but don't recall his last name being Thorpe.  I could be wrong, I ole and memory fading.

Believe that was kenny Thomas from puna House of dread coach.  wha yuh expect from Mccommie he ah gustine man that in itself should explain it all  ent Bakes ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 07:42:34 PM »

Yeah, yuh rite....Thorpie was long before mccommie time in truth.  My bad.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 07:51:02 PM »

Believe that was kenny Thomas from puna House of dread coach.  wha yuh expect from Mccommie he ah gustine man that in itself should explain it all  ent Bakes ;D

Kenny Thomas rings ah bell  :beermug:

Man, none ah we fellas did rate McComie...he was one ah dem pretty fellas who juss waltz in and was raffin all dem li'l Form 4 gyuls, lol.

good thing I ride out fuh de cold soon after.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 08:23:14 PM »
seem like he real like heself.  good keeper though save all yuh nuff times. all for nothing cause all yuh ain't win shit for all that.  Boy coulda move around b4 a penalty, like he used to get seizure orgasms before the penalty. Ah See keepers moving before the whistle but lawd Mccommie used take it to the extreme.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 09:04:23 PM »
seem like he real like heself.  good keeper though save all yuh nuff times. all for nothing cause all yuh ain't win shit for all that.  Boy coulda move around b4 a penalty, like he used to get seizure orgasms before the penalty. Ah See keepers moving before the whistle but lawd Mccommie used take it to the extreme.
Lol...he was actually known as ah penalty killer back in he early 'gustine days.  Dunno what dey do once ah leave after first term Upper Six doh...we was only dey together during that one term, he did just come in and take Dario Hernandez job.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 01:24:55 PM »
Public targets Connection’s Shane Calderon during window.

Shane Calderon is now an official Joe Public player.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »
The coach when we played gustine that year was Kenny Thomas  I believe kinda chunky fella with glasses....I thought that line "we have no need for these fellas" was very unprofessional of McCormie it's not by magic that the same players who failed in the u23 squad are now doing well in the senior team his negative psychological effect on people in general is glaring.

1]; } ?>