April 19, 2024, 09:28:13 AM

Author Topic: TTFF to refute ‘bobol’ charge.  (Read 10914 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF to refute ‘bobol’ charge.
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:39:49 AM »
By: Walter Alibey (Newsday).
[/size]

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation will tomorrow respond to a newspaper report charging they received in excess of $173 million during the last World Cup campaign.
Shaun Fuentes, the TTFF Media Officer said yesterday that a high profile meeting with TTFF’s general secretary Richard Groden and special advisor Jack Warner and the federation’s lawyers Om Lalla and Kelvin Ramkissoon was held at the Joao Havelange Concacaf Centre of Excellence, Tunapuna yesterday.
Warner and the top TTFF officials are attempting to receive pertinent documents before taking action against the damaging report alleging “bobol” or corruption.
Last night attorney Lalla pointed out that the Football Federation is “a complete stranger to the newspaper report” and therefore must be provided with a copy of the report before it can respond.
“Hopefully they will get a copy of the report by Monday and then they (TTFF) will know what steps to take,” Lalla said.
Yesterday’s newspaper report stated that Brent Williams, the Legal Advisor at the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs had faxed figures of the amount of monies received by the Football Federation based on a request by Bates, Wells and Braithwaite London LLP Solicitors.
Bates, Wells and Braithwaite London LLP Solicitors have been representing players who represented the Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors in their bid to recover monies that they claimed have been owed to them by the TTFF. They have been advocating that special advisor Jack Warner and the TTFF agreed to share with them 50 percent of all sponsorship funds received from the Germany World Cup campaign.
Making their debut, TT pulled off a surprised 0-0 draw with Sweden before being beaten by England and Paraguay by a similar 2-0 scoreline.
The players have also refused to accept an amount offered to them by the TTFF and have agreed to take legal action against their former employer.
But last night Lalla said they will first attempt to seek the intervention of an arbitrator when the matter comes up on Friday of this week.
The $173 million plus, it is alleged, was taken from Cabinet documents and other Governmental and Non governmental donors to the TTFF.
It is said also that in addition to the whopping $173 million, the football federation also received$32 million to be shared among the players and technical staff, while gate receipts from the international friendly matches against Iceland, Peru, Slovenia and the Czech Republic was also excluded from the report.
The players have since formed the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) and are being represented by a number of London lawyers who, according to the report, have never been able to figure out what sums of money are owed to the players.
It is stated that based on the figures revealed by government and Williams, the players (23 plus) will each be entitle to over $6 million. The players who were left out, include prolific striker Stern John, defender Brent Sancho, goalkeeper Kelvin Jack, striker Cornel Glen and Kenwyn Jones — among many others, have since been blacklisted from the TT squad. They were left out of the Trinidad and Tobago team which participated unsuccessfully at the CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 06:05:42 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF to refute ‘bobol’ charge.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 08:49:07 AM »
When I first read this, it seemed to me that at first it was very pro TTFF. However, as I read on it appears to shift in emphasis towards the players. Is it just my imagination, or is the ice melting?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:14:38 AM »
Last night attorney Lalla pointed out that the Football Federation is “a complete stranger to the newspaper report” and therefore must be provided with a copy of the report before it can respond.
“Hopefully they will get a copy of the report by Monday and then they (TTFF) will know what steps to take,” Lalla said.

TTFF seem to be strangers to everyting dis rounds.

Fuss Scamps say he eh know nutting bout any recommendation letter fuh Kenwyne Jones den de nex day he say dey was approached and prepared to write one but was told never bother.

Now dem lawyer say dem is a stranger to de newspaper report and need to be provided with a copy implyin dat de entire TTFF doh read de Express. 

So dey go read de report and respond and wha?  Say de Cabinet notes wrong?  Dese people really take de public fuh ass yes.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 09:26:19 AM »
Leh we wait and hear what they go say.  All the tief and dem.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 11:09:49 AM »
TT pulled off a surprised 1-1 draw with Sweden ?????
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »

FPATT.  Is the $173 mill government funds or was it sponsorship $$?   From the first article I though it was government funds but now I not sure if it was info they received to show what the private sponsorship $$ was.
Makes a difference I think.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 12:41:49 PM »

FPATT.  Is the $173 mill government funds or was it sponsorship $$?   From the first article I though it was government funds but now I not sure if it was info they received to show what the private sponsorship $$ was.

I think it includes both. In order to get any kind of gov't funding the TTFF had to send a set of books to the gov't - whether they were legit or not is always another story - but the freedrom of info request just revealed whatever the TTFF had sent to the govt'.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 01:45:41 PM »

a "surprised" draw...1-1 was surprised at being asked to fill in for 0-0...

In an unrelated topic, Lalla's choice of words is interesting. Usually the only expression people use that "strange" talk in is in reference to the truth, as in the TTFF is a complete stranger to the truth
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »

I think it includes both. In order to get any kind of gov't funding the TTFF had to send a set of books to the gov't - whether they were legit or not is always another story - but the freedrom of info request just revealed whatever the TTFF had sent to the govt'.

Which means at the minimum it is 173M, since this is what they chose to only financially declare.....
Warrior For Life !!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 02:55:21 PM »
This whole release by the Ministry of Sports AKA PNM is nothing but an election spin.

Why they ass they did not realease this month ago when we was trying to clear things up for the Gold Cup.

Manning and they was sitting on this info to release at a strategic time to hurt Jack and the UNC.

As far as I am concerned this is no longer about football but political wrangling.

None of them both Manning and Jack are concerned for football they all out for them self!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »
This whole release by the Ministry of Sports AKA PNM is nothing but an election spin.

Why they ass they did not realease this month ago when we was trying to clear things up for the Gold Cup.

Manning and they was sitting on this info to release at a strategic time to hurt Jack and the UNC.

As far as I am concerned this is no longer about football but political wrangling.

None of them both Manning and Jack are concerned for football they all out for them self!

It was the players lawyers who released the info and acquired it my LEGAL means.  This rounds I don't think this had anything to do with politics...well not from the PNM at least.  If anything u could say it is a surprise the government didn't release this earlier to refute JW's ongoing claims they got no money blah blah blah.  Den again nobody is believe them  even when they might be telling the truth  :D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 04:12:51 PM »
It was the players lawyers who released the info and acquired it my LEGAL means.  This rounds I don't think this had anything to do with politics...well not from the PNM at least.  If anything u could say it is a surprise the government didn't release this earlier to refute JW's ongoing claims they got no money blah blah blah.  Den again nobody is believe them  even when they might be telling the truth  :D
Yeah, I give props to the PNM for not bringing all this out before which if they had done would have had political overtones in my opinion.

In this situation the information is Much more damaging as it was the players who requested it.

having said that, I wonder if the information had put the PNM in a negative light if that "Freedom of Information" thing would have worked. ;) :devil:

a "surprised" draw...1-1 was surprised at being asked to fill in for 0-0...
In an unrelated topic, Lalla's choice of words is interesting. Usually the only expression people use that "strange" talk in is in reference to the truth, as in the TTFF is a complete stranger to the truth
so allya saw that also ::) ::)

ah Mr. Walter Alibey (Newsday). which World Cup were you watching? and are you from TnT? ::)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:17:34 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
By: Walter Alibey (Newsday).
[/size]

Making their debut, TT pulled off a surprised 1-1 draw with Sweden

I real interested to know who it is dat create history fuh we and score T&T fuss ever goal in de opposition net at a Men's World Cup tournament.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 05:55:27 PM »

It's not the government business to be just releasing thing juss so, yuh ent read where a request was made in order to secure the release of the information?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 06:06:53 PM »
It was the Mike Townley, the players lawyer, that requested the information under the freedom of information act. I have no idea how long it took to release it. It certainly is useful timing for the govt, but its even better timing for the players.

I assume the govt were aware of the figures. As I am led to understand, the govt agreed to match the figure raised in sponsorship. Therefore, it would be in the interest of TTFF to declare all sponsorship figures.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 06:14:26 PM »
I assume the govt were aware of the figures. As I am led to understand, the govt agreed to match the figure raised in sponsorship. Therefore, it would be in the interest of TTFF to declare all sponsorship figures.
Very good point FPATT.

Warner was, is and will always be a Tie Tongue Football tieF.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 06:16:23 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 06:20:35 PM »
Very good point FPATT.

WestCoast boy.....yuh steady movin' up de ranks of th "MU..HA..HA"  Yuh showin' meh that yuh ambitious, yuh hard-workin' and most of all, yuh is a fast learner.  REfrikkinSPEK!!  ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 06:22:59 PM »
It was the Mike Townley, the players lawyer, that requested the information under the freedom of information act. I have no idea how long it took to release it. It certainly is useful timing for the govt, but its even better timing for the players.

this is great news...

TTFF would have declared the correct sponsorship figure to take advantage of the government's incentive...

And here it is i thought we would have never had known what the true sponsorship figure was..

I hope these crooks are made accountable to a court of law. especially seeing as up to now they exempt from any governmental interference under the umbrella of autonomy given by FIFA...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »
Very good point FPATT.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 07:48:32 PM »
hahaha..

watch meh...wait till we hear bout dat TV rights money
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 11:51:53 PM »

This is a simple case for the TTFF.

The specail advisor was paid 173m$ for advice.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline ttgapers

• dun know
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 05:49:08 AM »
It was TT$173 million plus TT$32 million from the government is what I understand. In any event it is a HUGE difference from the reported funding from TTFF to the players AKA BOBOL

ttgapers
ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean" style="border:0

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »
aye ah TTFF ah still waiting for alyuh to reply to d accusation cat get alyuh tongue ah what  :devil:

This is a simple case for the TTFF.

The specail advisor was paid 173m$ for advice.

lol  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 08:56:34 PM »
When I read y/day papers and I saw d 1-1 draw against Sweden I say whey sah. No wonder JW could do what he wants. 1 daily eh covering d story because  the editor is the Special Adviser and is working on his new book What if I robbed the SW and d other daily cyah report accurately on something that last yr.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 08:31:29 AM »
still waiting TTFF  :waiting:
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 08:34:59 AM »
buh eh eh is Sunderland ya have in ya signature.... :applause: :applause:

and keep waiting man, climate change go freeze hell over and we go have a team again :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 08:47:34 AM »
When I read y/day papers and I saw d 1-1 draw against Sweden I say whey sah. No wonder JW could do what he wants. 1 daily eh covering d story because  the editor is the Special Adviser and is working on his new book What if I robbed the SW and d other daily cyah report accurately on something that last yr.

Tell me about it. Irresponsible Journalism is the order of the day down here. Sometimes it feels like nothing works properly in this Country and everybody tiefing away they life!
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »
buh eh eh is Sunderland ya have in ya signature.... :applause: :applause:

and keep waiting man, climate change go freeze hell over and we go have a team again :devil:

lol  ;D cah leave meh country men in d cold, my back up team  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 10:53:51 AM »
TTFF say they releasing their response today, cant wait to here what big facking lie they going to tell us today.
Youtube Channel

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 12:49:15 PM »

It's not the government business to be just releasing thing juss so, yuh ent read where a request was made in order to secure the release of the information?

some men just dotish and simple reasoning elusive on their part. Freedom on information act. Once somebody ask the info must be released ................. what the hell politics have to do with that. steups

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>