March 28, 2024, 07:21:38 PM

Author Topic: Jack vows to fight claim of bobol.  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jack vows to fight claim of bobol.
« on: September 19, 2007, 10:43:40 AM »
Jack vows to fight claim of bobol.
By: Anna Ramdass (Express).
[/size]

FIFA vice president Jack Warner has said he will face the law courts and battle all the way to the Privy Council if he has to to prove that there was no bobol in the revenues raked in from the Soca Warriors FIFA World Cup campaign in Germany.
Speaking at the UNC Alliance Monday night meeting at Sangre Grande, Warner wearing the cap as deputy political leader of the party, took the opportunity to discuss the issue.
"I look and I look and I look like hell but they ain't calling my name, but in this country when you say football is me," said Warner.
He referred to an Express lead story last Saturday which indicated that the Trinidad and Tobago Government revealed that some $173 million was earned from the the country's World Cup campaign in Germany.
The 2006 World Cup players are currently battling with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation with the help of Bates, Wells and Braithwaite London LLP Solicitors.
The $173 million figure was revealed by Government after a request from the firm under the Freedom of Information Act.
"We call Boynes, two three members of Parliament, we call the ministry," said Warner stressing on the difficulty to acquire the document.
Warner said the document states there was $173 million "of which $88 million from Adidas, they count all the socks and shoes and boots and so on over the next four years and put a value of $88 million".
"I say this is madness," he continued, pointing out that money from Atlantic LNG, Petrotrin, TSTT were all included in the figures.
T&TFF get acquainted with World Cup figures.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Response promised today

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) yesterday requested more time to mull over financial information provided by the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, which suggested a massive discrepancy in the local body's income sheet as regards 2006 World Cup revenue.
The T&TFF claimed, last October, to have received $18,255,952 in revenue and sponsorship deals for their Germany World Cup qualifying campaign and even declared themselves on the verge of bankruptcy in March when they threatened to shut down all football programmes unless the government pumped more money into their coffers.
However, the Ministry of Sport revealed last week that the local football body actually pocketed at least $173,690,113.50 from the public and private sector, while a $32 million bonus was also paid by Government to the national players and technical staff.
The story was published exclusively by the Trinidad Express on Saturday.
The information was released, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, after an August 22, 2007 request by Bates, Wells and Brathwaite London LLP Solicitors, the England-based legal representatives of 16 World Cup players.
The players were promised half of all World Cup revenue in a contract hammered out with T&TFF special adviser and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner before the prestigious tournament.
Both parties meet in local court on Friday after which a decision should be made on whether the bonus dispute remains in civil courts of goes to arbitration.
Om Lalla, the T&TFF lawyer, declared on Saturday that his clients were "strangers" to the new financial information after a meeting with Warner and T&TFF general secretary Richard Groden.
He promised a further statement yesterday after his clients received copies of the Government's income sheet. The T&TFF Press Office claimed to have obtained the relevant documents at 3.30 pm and promised to issue a release today.
The 16 disgruntled Soca Warriors have been banned from representing their country since last November.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>