March 29, 2024, 02:06:29 AM

Author Topic: T&TFF lift blacklist.  (Read 3987 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
T&TFF lift blacklist.
« on: September 21, 2007, 10:50:40 PM »
T&TFF lift blacklist.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Soca Warriors go to arbitration

The Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup players yesterday enjoyed a significant breakthrough in their bonus dispute with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) as the latter party agreed to lift a blacklist on the group of 16.
Shaun Fuentes, T&TFF press officer, confirmed that the players were available for national selection again after 11 months in the international wilderness.
But the players did not have it all their way as legal representatives for both parties agreed to take the case to an independent arbitrator under the auspices of the Sports Dispute Resolution Panel in London.
Mike Townley, the players' London-based solicitor, was adamant that his client wished to pursue the matter in civil court during an interview on Thursday but changed his mind after discussions with the T&TFF's attorneys, Om Lalla, Kelvin Ramkisson and British barrister William McCormick, yesterday morning.
The matter never reached the court as Justice Gregory Smith was absent due to bereavement although, according to Townley, both parties had already agreed to arbitration.
"We were very adamant (from the start) that we have a forceful robust dispute resolution process," said Townley. "When they declined it, the court seemed to be the only route. But the nature of the arbitral panel that has now been agreed on is one I have a lot of faith in.
"I believe it will produce a just result and it will do so within a time at least twice as quick as either the courts in Trinidad can do or the courts in the UK can do."
Lalla, who sat next to Townley at the head table during a press conference at Crowne Plaze Hotel, refused to consider the decision an early victory for his client and both parties, who barely spoke before yesterday, littered their dialogue with phrases like "mutual agreement" and also offered March 2008 as a realistic deadline for the conclusion of the case. There was even an agreement to desist from further comment on contentious issues regarding the case.
A full week after the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs released that the T&TFF banked at least $173 million from the 2006 World Cup campaign, Lalla was still unable to explain why his client claimed to receive just over $18 million last October. He told the media gathering that the T&TFF disputed the figures but offered no new information.
"We are not furnished with the necessary information (to discuss the government's figures)," said Lalla. If Townley is true to his word, FIFA vice-president and United National Congress (UNC) deputy political leader Jack Warner, who negotiated the controversial World Cup pact with the "Soca Warriors", should hear little more of the supposed $173 million bounty until after the upcoming elections.
The upside for the players is the chance to return to international duty. Goalkeeper Shaka Hislop is now retired while defender Ian Cox and left winger Evans Wise are unlikely to be considered for selection.
Defender Atiba Charles and attacker Anthony Wolfe are not certainties while left back Avery John, midfielder Chris Birchall and veteran defender Marvin Andrews cannot take their places for granted either.
Defender Brent Sancho, who is a free agent at present, and goalkeeper Kelvin Jack would also be curious to see coach Wim Rijsbergen's next team list too after being singled out by the T&TFF for their role in the players' legal action.
However, Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones and Toronto FC winger Collin Samuel will almost certainly be recalled and Connection midfielder Aurtis Whitley, Southampton forward Stern John and the CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh pair of defender Cyd Gray and striker Cornell Glen might fancy their chances.
Trinidad and Tobago's next international assignment is away to El Salvador on October 17. The T&TFF had initially scheduled a friendly meeting with Mexico on October 14 but "El Tricolor" since announced they will play Nigeria instead.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 06:29:38 AM by Flex »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF LIFT BLACKLIST
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:53:31 PM »
Lisana just remember y/day was y/day and yuh eh go b unexcited as I am. As 4 Om Lalla they now get d documents. Loud steups so dey eh have records of what money d gov't give dem. Extremely loud steupsssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Re: T&TFF LIFT BLACKLIST
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 12:04:44 AM »
Great news! Let's c how fast they can get things on track now, qualifying is next yr so hopefully d coach can start gettin an idea of his best team sometime early in 08. I'll take a drink for this b4 I sleep now. bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF lift blacklist.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 06:07:05 AM »
Jack and dem trying to deflect away from the courts. Seeking sympathy from the public wid dat move
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 06:17:10 AM »
so i guess in de end, Jackula and the TTFF really was trying to tief de money

Why some of dem men still dere.....well i guess is because Jack Warner is Jack Warner and Camps probably bulling de man

STEUPSSS!!!!

But on another note, I real happy Wim have access to all we players now

Vibes it up to we Socawarriors!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 06:33:43 AM »
I have a feeling Jack have something up his sleeves..

Nice to see things looking better though.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 07:16:59 AM »
I have a feeling Jack have something up his sleeves..

Nice to see things looking better though.

Vindictive Jack will probably use half of the 173 million to pay off the arbitrator instead of the players

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 07:25:33 AM »
Vindictive Jack will probably use half of the 173 million to pay off the arbitration pannel instead of the players

He could also be using it to finance his political career.... :devil:

By doing this in my view,it just shows the entire world that they are just no dam good,the entire dam TTFF board should resign or be called upon to do so

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 07:52:08 AM »
Thank god we have access to all players. Jack the longest rope have an end, and you on the last foot.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

1]; } ?>