March 28, 2024, 05:20:20 AM

Author Topic: Dwight joins FPATT.  (Read 6761 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwight joins FPATT.
« on: September 26, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »
Yorke signs up with FPATT.

Dwight pledges his full support

Dwight Yorke, Trinidad and Tobago’s 2006 World Cup captain has joined the growing numbers of players becoming members of the Football Players Association of Trinidad & Tobago (FPATT).
This was revealed by FPATT’s General Secretary Alison Ayres, who recently returned to Trinidad from a trip to the UK on official FPATT business. Ayres stated that during his UK visit, he witnessed Sunderland’s season opener against Tottenham and met with Yorke the following day.
Ayres further stated that Yorke had no hesitation in signing up with FPATT and pledged his full support for the young fledging organization.
While in the UK, Ayres also met with representatives from both the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) as well as FIFPro, the international body representing professional footballers and professional footballers association. Trinidad and Tobago is now the 43rd country to establish a players association. FPATT recently played an instrumental role in Kenwyne Jones’ transfer from Championship Division team Southampton to Sunderland of the English Premiership.
The FPATT board comprises of Shaka Hislop (president), Clayton Morris (vice-president), Anthony Rougier, Leonson Lewis, Leslie “Tiger” Fitzpatrick and Cyd Gray (full members); Darren Millen, Phillip Nunez and George Hislop (co-opted members); while Millen, George Hislop, Ayres, Dinanath Ramnarine, Carla Herbert, Tansley Thompson and Barry Bedassie are the members of the steering committee. Lewis is the treasurer and Englishman Kelvin Harrison is the special adviser. FPATT was officially launched on May 20 with a “Football Funday” at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. And Trinidad and Tobago is the 43rd country to form a football players association.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:45:49 AM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dwight joins FPATT
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 05:31:48 PM »
Nice!!!!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Dwight joins FPATT.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:53:36 PM »
I like it
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 08:02:33 PM »
andre doh vex eh buh ah have to use your words here, ah lov it .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 08:15:47 PM »
Hopefully when the LOCAL players see players like Dwight becoming members they too will join in big numbers.
Thanks Dwight.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 08:41:20 PM »
Interesting timing.

Better late than never tho.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 09:09:10 PM »
question:

what about the warriors that pulled out of the legal action like theobald, yorke et al..

if there is some compensation to come out of the arbitration, are they entitled to a share or is salt still their portion?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 09:10:15 PM »
Interesting timing.

Funny thing is I juss coming to say this but ah say lemmih leave it alone...lately I've been a lightning rod for controversy and ent want to start nutten, lol

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 09:41:51 PM »
Alison is ah man?!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 10:14:10 PM »
i was thinking 'interesting timing' also but the article implies that Yorke joined right after the opening EPL day

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 10:23:17 PM »
question:

what about the warriors that pulled out of the legal action like theobald, yorke et al..

if there is some compensation to come out of the arbitration, are they entitled to a share or is salt still their portion?
  Theobald goh still get someting even doh he pull out.  TTFF cannot do de right ting for half de team because dey protest.  Odderwise TTFF will appear most unethical, and would lose de balance a little prestige dat dey have.  even if dey try to hold back on paying men like Theobald, he go win dem easy in court after dat

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 11:17:17 PM »
Yorke signs up with FPATT.

Dwight pledges his full support

Dwight Yorke, Trinidad and Tobago’s 2006 World Cup captain has joined the growing numbers of players becoming members of the Football Players Association of Trinidad & Tobago (FPATT).
This was revealed by FPATT’s General Secretary Alison Ayres, who recently returned to Trinidad from a trip to the UK on official FPATT business. Ayres stated that during his UK visit, he witnessed Sunderland’s season opener against Tottenham and met with Yorke the following day.
Ayres further stated that Yorke had no hesitation in signing up with FPATT and pledged his full support for the young fledging organization.
While in the UK, Ayres also met with representatives from both the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) as well as FIFPro, the international body representing professional footballers and professional footballers association. Trinidad and Tobago is now the 43rd country to establish a players association.
FPATT recently played an instrumental role in Kenwyne Jones’ transfer from Championship Division team Southampton to Sunderland of the English Premiership.

This to me is Dwight confirming that he does not intend to wear the national colours again.  We all know that Dwight has always steered clear of groups such as these for fear of "rocking" the boat.  The fact that he has made this statement openly means that he is now for all intents and purposes retired.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 12:36:56 AM »
Does joing FPATT means he is an active part of the law suit ... I do not think so????

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 02:57:49 AM »
Does joing FPATT means he is an active part of the law suit ... I do not think so????

Unless I misunderstood, FPATT and the Socawarriors lawsuit are not directly related. I notice people keep making the amalgam all the time.

It also seems that Yorkes commitment to Expat is at least a month old. I would like to know why the information was kept under raps for such a long time, seeing how much FPATT needs influential figures like this on board to help its credibility grow.

And yes, Alison is a man, just like Leslie Fitzpatrick (TNT), Shirley Clarke (BAR) and Kim Collins (SKN)...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 04:29:25 AM »
question:

Theobald goh still get someting even doh he pull out.  TTFF cannot do de right ting for half de team because dey protest.  Odderwise TTFF will appear most unethical, and would lose de balance a little prestige dat dey have.  even if dey try to hold back on paying men like Theobald, he go win dem easy in court after dat

Yeah but should the players who did protest, who sacrificed playing for their country and possibly chances at better club contracts as a result be entitled to the same compensation as a man like Theobald?  Carlos too, but at least he refused to play in solidarity when push came to shove.  These men getting a free ride that could be worth several million $.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 05:14:05 AM »
FPATT is not involved in the court case, however, 16 of its members have taken private legal action.

Just to clarify, as I understand it, should the 16 players win their case,they will be entitled to 16/24ths of the amout deemed to be owed to the players. (There was an agreement that 1/24th would be donated to a worthwhile cause of the players choice). As the lawyers are only representing 16 players, the case is only pleading for the payment of their bonuses.

However, I would assume that the arbitrator would comment that the other 7 are also entitled to their share, but, again, as I understand it, this would be a comment only and would not be enforceable at that hearing.

I would assume that TTFF would do the honourable thing, and pay the other 7 players and, in turn, those players would do the honourable thing and contribute towards the legal bill.

However, TTFF would not have to pay the other 7 players if they choose not to, even though those guys were not in dispute, and as such could be deemed as not part of the so called "greedy band of mercenaries blackmailing the federation".

From a PR perspective, TTFF could claim that the other 7 were happy with their £485 bonus, as they never challenged this figure. Of course, none of the 23 realised how much they were owed and none of them believed the figure to be as high as it was.

If the players won, TTFF would have to pay the award stated by the arbitrator.   If there are not enough funds, enquiries would then commence into the whereabouts of this money. It may have to be reclaimed via law suit from individuals or businesses, so the players could still be some way off from payment.

The other 7 players will almost certainly have to bring their own law suits to claim their bonuses, and, although a precedent has been set, they will always be at least 6 months behind the 16, and their chances of getting any money owed are slimmer, and may even cost more in legal fees as they may have to "dig deeper" before they locate enough funds to pay their bonuses. 

The Dwight Yorke statement was witheld as we felt it would be missed during the current press coverage of the players court case, and, as pointed out, FPATT wanted to make sure that home based players took note of Dwights announcement. The delay in completing the signing up of home based players has stemmed from lack of personnel available, but this situation is pretty much resolved.

FPATT is moving into 2nd gear, and the creation and acceptance of the organisation is the first step in a 5 year plan to put into place a self funded organisation, recognised by TTFF, FIFA ProLeague and FIFPro (world association of players unions) and able to protect the rights of T&T professional footballers and to offer support and services to its members.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:04:28 AM »
How much time FPATT have to say that t lawsuit and them is distant cousins not siamese twins. As 4 whether Carlos etal go get money they will but they should make sure that they pay their part of d leagal fees
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 10:07:37 AM »

Almost all the foreign press say FPATT was formed to take care of the lawsuit so that would confuse people here.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 11:26:15 AM »
Interesting timing.

Funny thing is I juss coming to say this but ah say lemmih leave it alone...lately I've been a lightning rod for controversy and ent want to start nutten, lol
well I understand that this iz de way dey have to deal with an organization like ttff - when trust and compassion and honesty is gone they have to resort to the capitalistic model.  I jus hope when this thng over they doh go overboard and become a ttff in themselves ala Wi cricket players.

1]; } ?>