Sports > Football

Which national players you went to school with?

<< < (5/20) > >>

troy piloy:
Brent Sancho, Errol Mc Farlane, Osei Telesford, Kieron Beenito and he is not a player but Oba Gulston was the Soca Warriors physio.
They all came from Moka
Troy 8)

Sando:
I went to school with Kendell Davis (Neck), Andre Toussaint, Nkosi Blackman (Chucky), Andre Alexis, Silvio Spann, Lyndon Diaz, Lee Haynes, Michael Carrington, Devon Leacock and Akil Jordan. Muhammed Isa was coach. Isa picked up duty as coach of the "Brunner Boys" in 1994 and has taken them to four championship wins. Since the national Inter-Col started in 1995, St Benedict's has played in every final except 1999. The school is famous for producing outstanding footballers since the 1964-1967 era like Warren Archibald, Leroy de Leon, Kenny Joseph, Jan Steadman, Wilfred Cave and Steve David, who all went on to represent the country at senior national level.

Basil Matthews Complex was the place to be. I remembered us beating last season’s (1999) champions in October 2000, it was a real exciting game, defender Fabien Lewis was red carded for abusive speech seconds after the game was over, was pressure, we won 2-0, we was unstopabble at the Basil Matthews Complex. St Benedict's (La Romain Lions) was coming off two unsuccessful years in the competition, having been champions in 1994, '95 and '97. There was no football in '96 because of the strike by teachers.

Naparima had a good team too with the likes of Clint De Verteuil, Jace Peters, Fabien Lewis, Roderick Anthony, Atiba McKnight, Dia Hunte, Jerrol Forbes, Wendell Joseph, Lyndel Pompey, Shai Prescod and Brenton De Leon. Jan Steadman was coach.

Princes Town was death with man like Andre Pacheco, Bevon Lewis, Anthony Noreiga, Marvin Phillip, Andre Charles, Vijay Samaroo, Anton Ramnarine, Dean Logan, Marlon Sylvester, Brent Julien and prolific striker Andre Marshall. Louis Bobcombe was coach.

I think national goalkeeper Marvin Phillip use to play as a striker for Presentation College before he went to Princes Town and ended up playing in goal for them... Amazing, he scored 7 goals that year.

St Benedicts was unstoppable in them days. Kendall Davis topped the goal scoring in the first phase - the zonals of the BWIA Secondary Schools Football League. The nippy striker netted 16 goals from 14 matches for St Benedict's. Davis' striking partner Nkosi Blackman finished second in the individual scoring, sharing that position on 13 goals with Nigerian-born James Odogwa of St Mary's and Atiba McKnight of Naparima. Next in line was Frederick Douglas of Queen's Royal College with 12 strikes followed by Collin Samuel of Mayaro with 11. Together, Davis and Blackman were responsible for scoring more than half the goals for St Benedict's, which was run-away winners in the most goals category with 49.

The leading goalscorers - 2000

16 - Kendall Davis (St Benedict's).
13 - James Odogwa (St Mary's), Atiba McKnight (Naparima), Nkosi Blackman (St Benedict's).
12 - Frederick Douglas (QRC).
11 - Collin Samuel (Mayaro).
9 - Anthony Wolfe (Mayaro).
8 - Cordell Lucas (San Juan).
7 - Abiola Clarence (St Anthony's), Marvin Phillip (Presentation, San Fernando), Dwight Lewis (Arima), Ian McAuley (Success/Laventille).

Daft Trini:

--- Quote from: Feliziano on September 29, 2007, 04:53:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: dctrini on September 28, 2007, 10:17:49 PM ---Avery John, Michael Forgenie, Vijay Samaroo (was a u20 cpt back then). Irasto Neptune (was a 17player). In Primary school Garvin Lewis (had a stint at Barnsley) played a game against Jamrock, Bevon Neptune.

Ran track with a lot though... ;D

--- End quote ---
Irasto Neptune went Pres?..I sure we had an Irasto with that name or similar who went Naps.

Anton Brown from my time went on to play for the senior squad a few times.
Joel bailey and a few others came in just before I left.

--- End quote ---

Nope he was not Prez, but before Pres, I was a Mod Dec boy and he went to Mod Sec. He went to Naps on Louis Linton's reccomendation to Jan S.

Daft Trini:

--- Quote from: Big Magician on September 29, 2007, 05:07:27 AM ---Diego Armando...Hagi..Laudrup..Milla..

--- End quote ---

Did you not also go to school with Carlos.....Carlos......Carlos...... was it Carlos Valderama? I thought he say he wanted to have dreads like you, but he cayr get them to lock up!   ;D So he settle for de mop!  ;D

JERSEY TRINI:
Anthony Noriega when he was at P/Ville.  Sad times fuh meh school boy jah  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version