April 19, 2024, 02:39:27 AM

Author Topic: Fatima upset Malick, Speyside gun down.  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fatima upset Malick, Speyside gun down.
« on: October 09, 2007, 05:23:58 AM »
Fatima upset Malick.
By: Roger Seepersad (T&T Express).
[/size]

Fatima College were totally outclassed by Malick Senior Comprehensive, but still ended up beating them 1-0 in a rescheduled bgTT Secondary Schools Football League North Zone match at Fatima Ground yesterday. The loss meant Malick missed the chance to draw level with leaders St Anthony's College. In the other rescheduled North fixture, Diego Martin Secondary pulled off a big upset by beating 2006 zonal champions Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive 3-2.
At Fatima, Malick had a golden opportunity to catch up with St Anthony's, but they wasted their possession in a game that could have gone either way. Fatima made the best use of their possession with captain Sheldon Bateau scoring in the 75th minute via a scrappy, close range effort to take away three points and dash Malick's hopes of closing the gap on St Anthony's.
Malick were never in control of the game and did not look threatening with their man up front, Akieem Bailey barely getting a touch on the ball, while Fatima took full advantage of the situation with shots raining in from all parts of the grounds.
Fatima's first chance came in the 19th minute with Bateau trying his luck from distance but not threatening Malick's goalkeeper Joseph Bairt.
One minute late, Malick had their first, and probably best chance at a goal after Randy Castillo put in a pinpoint pass to Bailey. But his glancing header went just wide.
Bailey gradually drifted out of the game after that chance and was eventually substituted in the second half after he and Quinton Williams had an exchange of words in the 70th minute which prompted the referee to show both players yellow cards.
Malick tried to get back into the game late in the second half through a close range effort from Kaydian Gabriel in the 80 minute, but his shot was well saved by Christopher Coker in goal for Fatima. Gabriel was Malick's workhorse on the right side but he lacked the support up front and in the middle as Malick were unable to regroup.
Charles four gives Mason Hall win.
By: Rachael Thompson-King (Guardian).

Benton Charles was on target for Mason Hall, netting four goals to see his team to an easy 7-1 win over Speyside in the Tobago Zone of the BG T&T Secondary Schools Football League in Canaan, yesterday. The win puts Mason Hall at the head of the standings with 19 points from eight matches. The leader has six wins, a draw and a loss.
Akeem Graham scored the opening item in the fourth minute for Mason Hall but Speyside equalised five minutes later from a penalty scored by Rondel Johnson. That would be the only goal Speyside got in the one-sided affair. Mason Hall through the likes of Charles and Stefano Wright went on to give their team a 3-1 advantage with goals in the 17th and 23rd minutes, respectively at the half.
Play in the second session remained in favour of the Mason Hall team. Daniel Cyrus was next to get his name on the scorecard with a goal in the 55th before Charles got his other three goals, in the 60th, 74th and 78th, to give Mason Hall, a comfortable win. This victory means that Scarborough will have to win one of its final two matches and get a point in the other to retain the title.
Scarborough will get that chance tomorrow in the second match at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, when it plays Signal Hill, who is coming off a 3-0 win over Bishop’s in yesterday’s other match at the Stadium’s training ground. In tomorrow’s opener, Roxborough plays Bishop’s at 3 pm.

Results

Signal Hill 3 (Curtis Moses 26th, Jamaine Walters 30th, Collis Joseph 86th) vs Bishop’s 0.

Mason Hall 7 (Benton Charles 17th, 60th, 74th, 78th, Akeem Graham 4th, Stefano Wright 23rd, Daniel Cyrus 55th) vs Speyside 1 (Rondel Johnson 9th, penalty).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:46:55 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fatima upset Malick.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 06:39:30 AM »
Fatima upset Malick.
[/size]

FATIMA College were totally outclassed by Malick Senior Comprehensive, but still ended up beating them 1-0 in a rescheduled bgTT Secondary Schools Football League North Zone match at Fatima Ground yesterday. ........

Malick were never in control of the game and did not look threatening with their man up front, Akieem Bailey barely getting a touch on the ball, while Fatima took full advantage of the situation with shots raining in from all parts of the grounds..........

Whoever wrote this should be ashamed. Pretty contradicting views of the same game

I not even sure if to believe the score...but in case the writer actually got that right...

WELL DONE FATIMA

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 07:11:01 AM »
I was wondering the same damn thing.

V
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 08:23:33 AM »
Fatima upset Malick.
[/size]

FATIMA College were totally outclassed by Malick Senior Comprehensive, but still ended up beating them 1-0 in a rescheduled bgTT Secondary Schools Football League North Zone match at Fatima Ground yesterday. ........

Malick were never in control of the game and did not look threatening with their man up front, Akieem Bailey barely getting a touch on the ball, while Fatima took full advantage of the situation with shots raining in from all parts of the grounds..........

Whoever wrote this should be ashamed. Pretty contradicting views of the same game

I not even sure if to believe the score...but in case the writer actually got that right...

WELL DONE FATIMA

Yeah Seepersad like he was drunk when writing the article...

F -A- T- I -M- A .........GO  FATIMA GO............

Morvant where yuh ??  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 08:47:20 AM »
So Malick get away from a beating.
Doh worry morvant, it only postponed.

touches put ah hundred on the fatima-malick game nah ::)

lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 08:51:50 AM »
Fatima upset Malick.
[/size]

WELL DONE FATIMA

Lol...I was reading de thing without having seen the responses below and I literally (dead serious) had to read it three times.  I was going to respond but then was like "nah, men go say ah nitpicking" lol.  Glad to see is not just me.

I grow up reading de Express...my house was an Express house (whereas some only read the Guardian)...but man, I shame to see how low standards have fallen.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 09:21:45 AM »
FATIMA
go FATIMA go!!!!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 10:08:37 AM »
Fatima upset Malick.
[/size]

WELL DONE FATIMA

Lol...I was reading de thing without having seen the responses below and I literally (dead serious) had to read it three times.  I was going to respond but then was like "nah, men go say ah nitpicking" lol.  Glad to see is not just me.

I grow up reading de Express...my house was an Express house (whereas some only read the Guardian)...but man, I shame to see how low standards have fallen.

man a few days ago third biggest story - " Bandits reign blows on owner".  I had to write een and within a few minutes they change the online version.  Just last night I fed up of the pro-pnm headlines spewing form the express, and was looking at the guardian for a more objective account of what going on...but the guardian real thin...real few stories.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »

thing is, it have to pass by an editor before it reaches the press
so between the writer and the editor like is a song and dance operation going on in the Express. Not to mention, the other day I see the word irregardless being used which is not even a word.

Més que un club.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 02:05:06 PM »

man a few days ago third biggest story - " Bandits reign blows on owner".  I had to write een and within a few minutes they change the online version. 
I wouldn't self doubt it because it's been trending downwards for a while now.  Just like the infamous story just before Carnival that said that 50,000 Trinis a day were flying out of the country to avoid the violence.  I doubt Piarco even sees 50,000 passengers a day...let alone and exodus of 50,000 Trinis.

thing is, it have to pass by an editor before it reaches the press
so between the writer and the editor like is a song and dance operation going on in the Express. Not to mention, the other day I see the word irregardless being used which is not even a word.

...and that's precisely where I'm going with my comments.  Dotishey writers abound, we all know dat...so yuh have to make allowances that from time to time they'll write some shit.  Editors are supposed to proof and approve that mess though and of late, if it's not some primary school grammar and spelling errors is some rank B-grade journalism geared towards sensationalism and other lowest common denominator paeans.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 02:13:36 PM »

man a few days ago third biggest story - " Bandits reign blows on owner".  I had to write een and within a few minutes they change the online version. 
I wouldn't self doubt it because it's been trending downwards for a while now.  Just like the infamous story just before Carnival that said that 50,000 Trinis a day were flying out of the country to avoid the violence.  I doubt Piarco even sees 50,000 passengers a day...let alone and exodus of 50,000 Trinis.

That's just hilarious.....That kinda exodus would leave Trini empty in less than a month....can you imagine lol  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 03:12:07 PM »

That's just hilarious.....That kinda exodus would leave Trini empty in less than a month....can you imagine lol  ;D
Man I see that and I had tuh really shake mih head over de sad state of affairs that paper fall to, lol

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 06:20:21 PM »
nice to see that both teams ah backing had good results!!!

1]; } ?>