April 25, 2024, 04:06:33 AM

Author Topic: Belgium boys take up the challenge.  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Belgium boys take up the challenge.
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:32:39 PM »
Belgium boys take up the challenge.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Belgium-based based professionals Matthew Bartholomew and Aaron Downing have confessed that the challenge of trying to make it in European football has been a testy one for them since they arrived at the club earlier this year.
Both players, formerly of W Connection were sent on loan to Belgium Third Division club Royal White Star Woluwe FC by English club Sheffield United in an attempt for them to obtain their European passports. That would subsequently enable them to join the English professional ranks. But according to Bartholomew, this experience has been an eye opener, a bit different to what they’ve been accustomed to while campaigning in the local Pro League.
“It’s been good in the sense that we are getting to play and get the experience out there. The biggest difference has been the weather conditions but the coach knows the English language as well as the players so we’ve been able to settle in. The original deal is for us to stay three years in Belgium so we can get the passport in order to go back to England ,” said Bartholomew who was recalled to the T&T Olympic team for Olympic qualifying action. He has played four games this season for the club.
Downing has not enjoyed as much playing time. “It’s been tough but I’m working with it. It’s a lot of sacrifice. I’ve been trying to really work my way back from an injury at the same time. We have adapted okay and being the youngest players on the team the coach has paid a lot attention to us. We are only just started learning French but the coach has been close to us and trying to ensure we become better on the field” the former Under 20 winger added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium boys take up the challenge.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 05:36:06 PM »
well Grenada just lost to cuba 2-1 so I guess it is a little late for them to decide to take up the challenge

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium boys take up the challenge.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 05:42:56 PM »
Bye, bye Bejing!!!!

1]; } ?>