May 15, 2024, 07:57:19 PM

Author Topic: Roy Keane and Arsene Wenger - Arsenal Boss LAUDS KENWYNE JONES!!!!!!!!  (Read 6378 times)

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roy Keane reckons Sunderland’s fans are starting to see the
best of Kenwyne Jones.
Jones was outstanding against Arsenal last weekend - his
performance at the Emirates Stadium even earned praise from Gunners
Boss Arsene Wenger.
And Keane believes the Trinidad and Tobago striker will be an
important player for the Black Cats this season .Keane said: Kenwyne’s getting fitter and stronger and
I believe there is more to come from him.
Kenwyne has spent the last few weeks on the training pitch
and it shows. When he first got here he had one or two injury
problems. It is always nice for a striker to get goals and he has
another one under his belt, it will do him good. Kenwyne has a physical presence – that’s something we lacked. I spoke to the Arsenal manager after the game and he
was very complimentary about a lot of our players and particularly
Kenwyne. We need a fit and strong Kenwyne if we are going to have a
Good season.

Source: Sunderland fc's website!!!!

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roy Keane and Arsene Wenger - Arsenal Boss LAUDS KENWYNE JONES!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:24:50 AM »
De blacker Ronaldo.  Dey cant stop him

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 11:03:16 AM »
I get very proud when I read stuff like that.....GO KJ!!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:51:08 AM »
When you cut a side arse the nice thing to say is nice game and say they have good players.
If Arsene really like KJ he could and would buy him in the future.

Action speaks louder than words.

Aresenal have money and pedegree any players they think are good they can buy, did not see them making any bids when KJ was looking for a transfer so I would take all comments with a grain of salt. :)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 12:12:04 PM »
When you cut a side arse the nice thing to say is nice game and say they have good players.

Aresenal have money and pedegree any players they think are good they can buy, did not see them making any bids when KJ was looking for a transfer so I would take all comments with a grain of salt. :)

You think a coach buys every available player that he thinks is good?

Ain't saying that he wasn't being polite, but if he thought KJ was no good, he more than likely would have politely avoided/declined to make any comments about him.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 12:41:39 PM by kicker »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »

This is such a stupid post.............Kicker, u hit the nail on the head.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 01:13:01 PM »

ah love it!!

I think it makes more sense than allyuh giving it credit for.  De way I see it KND ent telling Wenger tuh open up he checkbook and buy Kenwyne, anymore than he saying doh put too much stock in de diplomatic pablum he (like most managers) might throw the way of their opponents.  There's been incredible hype surrounding Kenwyne both here and at Sunderland...and folks just looking for any old excuse to feed into it.  Chances are that's precisely what the author of the piece is doing...next week Wenger go be like..."Kenwyne who???"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 02:10:13 PM »

ah love it!!

I think it makes more sense than allyuh giving it credit for.  De way I see it KND ent telling Wenger tuh open up he checkbook and buy Kenwyne, anymore than he saying doh put too much stock in de diplomatic pablum he (like most managers) might throw the way of their opponents.  There's been incredible hype surrounding Kenwyne both here and at Sunderland...and folks just looking for any old excuse to feed into it.  Chances are that's precisely what the author of the piece is doing...next week Wenger go be like..."Kenwyne who???"

Like yuh lookin fuh Kenwyne to cuss yuh again or wha?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 02:39:17 PM »
De blacker Ronaldo.  Dey cant stop him
Why do you have to mention race

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »
I get very proud when I read stuff like that.....GO KJ!!

Yes sir, yuh preach dey man. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 02:47:21 PM »
and just to rewind...

men was saying go to derby county or stay at southampton just less than 2 short months ago...

hmph

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

ah love it!!

Yeah well I eh think anyone is being naive about Wenger's statements about Kenwyne- and I wouldn't doubt if Wenger doh remember Kenwyne two hours after the game- not the point (at least not mine). KND tryin' tuh temper men reactions when there is no tempering necessary. It appears that KJ made a significant impact on the game, and whether genuine or not, Wenger appeared to have taken note and said something complimentary. If the cynics and skeptics derive pleasure from dismissing it, then good- but the same way he diplomatically praised KJ's efforts, he coulda diplomatically said nothing.....so we take the praise & say thanks.....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 03:14:53 PM »
Maybe Wenger said it because he thought KJ did well.

Although I doh know where he would get such a crazy idea from.
After all, KJ didn't score a hattrick and his goal wasn't a spanner, flick and a bicycle.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 05:04:26 PM »

You think a coach buys every available player that he thinks is good?

Mourinho at Chelsea

Més que un club.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 05:05:04 PM »
 I hear what you guys saying but it appears to me from what Roy Keane is saying and I quote " I spoke to the Arsenal manager after the game and he was very complimentary about a lot of our players and particularly Kenwyne." It sounds like KJ's compliments was more than just a passing comment. The compliment about other players sounded like a passing comment but when he gets to Kenwyne the emphasis change. Particularly sounds like to me that he mentioned KJ more than once in their talk after the match. Even the commentator was saying such strength and sheer speed that he held off and outrun the defender before his shot got blocked before Wallace converted. As some have highlighted here that does not mean to say that Wenger going and buy him. He could and he might in the future who knows but I assure you all managers always on the look out for talent especially in the Premier league and when a man has had a good performance they take note and I don't believe they forget players like some have suggested. I have no fear and I know that Kenwyne will keep on reminding them with more goals and show that he is sheer class and will be a defenders nightmare, he is young and time could only make him better. YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE US PROUD KENWYNE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND LET TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO'S FLAG FLY HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARRIOR FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 05:17:44 PM »
like other men say, ah does feel real proud when ah read anything bout Kenwyne, but like ah miss something, IMHO, what is the big deal if Wegner pay de fellah a lil compliment? dat eh mean he have to buy him to genuinely like de fellah.....and unless the old Wegner come and rapidly get senile/parkinsons, how the hell he going and forget big strong Kenwyne Jones who score against he mighty?? Gunners. once again all dis is IMHO, maybe ah need to start overthinking things and then ah would/might see the point some fellahs does be trying to make?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 07:02:01 PM »
Look, is only Trini people quick to minimize a compliment directed to them. We seem only too quick to put it into perspective. If it were the other way around--a criticism, we would have been quick to agree with it. Lord help us.

Latapy, Carlos, Yorke, Kenwyne, Stern, some of the BEST talent to come out of the Caribbean in a loooooooong time perion. Fact. Deal with it.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 08:00:09 PM »
oh geez an ages all ah this? the convo probably went like this...

wenger: wo roy.. whaz de scene? come and take a wet throat nuh.. is not like your boy vieira around anymore..

keane: cool scene.. good game allyuh get away eh..

wenger: nah we could turn it on anytime.. but allyuh play good and all yuh players fight it.  ah like dat tall man jones up front man.. he's worries up top , especially with a shithound like senderos in meh defence..

keane: yeah boy, that senderos need some senna pods.. but yeah jones handling it since he reach man.

wenger: yeah. anyhow, how yuh liking de prem boy? etc etc etc

it ent no big scene.. big up to jones for giving all these big sides worries.. he could only go up from here..  wenger, ferguson and ray charles who blind and dead could see that kenwyne looking like worries up front even at this early stage.. but that dont mean wenger want to buy him, lewwe doh get carried away nuh..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal legend tips Wenger to sign Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 12:32:31 PM »
Arsenal legend tips Wenger to sign Kenwyne Jones
By Andrew Allen (sport.co.uk)

Former Arsenal midfielder Paul Davis concurs with Arsene Wenger that the Gunners must sign a striker in January to replace the injured Robin van Persie. The Highbury hero, who made over 350 appearances for the Gunners, also made clear that whoever is signed needs to be a physical force like Chelsea’s Didier Drogba and Liverpool’s Fernando Torres while hinting that Sunderland’s Kenwyne Jones and West Ham United’s Carlton Cole could fit the bill.

Speaking to givemefootball.com, Davis stated:

“I think they need a physical presence up there but let’s be realistic they are not going to get the likes of a Drogba, a Torres or Ibrahimovic at Barcelona.

“They could perhaps consider players like Carlton Cole or Kenwyne Jones but they are players that would need time to develop and settle in and Arsenal need a short-term fix.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 12:38:23 PM »
Yuh hadda be able to trap the ball to play for Arsenal eh
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
lol agreed

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 03:00:11 PM »

oh Gawd post of the year brethren!!! LOL!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline 1st touch

• Jr. Warrior
  • Without a good 1st touch yuh is a spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 03:01:22 PM »
dream move for KJ...This would be a really good fit for both.
KJ will be a "massive" player at Arsenal, with the likes of Fabregas et al providing stellar passes and movement, not to mention the extra space he will have, because they will not be one dimensional like Sunderland. Teams have to defend against the whole team and not just mark one player.
Arsenal most pressing need is for a big, strong, imposing central attacker, who will give them that aerial threat they lack...This is the one area Carlton Cole cannot match KJ, so KJ is a much better fit for them.
KJ at Arsenal can easily be a 20+ goal man...

Bruce might still want to hold onto him, but Wenger go get yuh big striker!  

1st
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:03:22 PM by 1st touch »
If yuh looking, yuh sure to find it...

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 05:53:02 PM »

what d man on here does say? cosign? yeah cosign

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:29 PM »

what d man on here does say? cosign? yeah cosign
Actually is a woman does say that...
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 09:51:53 PM »
dream move for KJ...This would be a really good fit for both.
KJ will be a "massive" player at Arsenal, with the likes of Fabregas et al providing stellar passes and movement, not to mention the extra space he will have, because they will not be one dimensional like Sunderland. Teams have to defend against the whole team and not just mark one player.
Arsenal most pressing need is for a big, strong, imposing central attacker, who will give them that aerial threat they lack...This is the one area Carlton Cole cannot match KJ, so KJ is a much better fit for them.
KJ at Arsenal can easily be a 20+ goal man...

Bruce might still want to hold onto him, but Wenger go get yuh big striker!  

1st

Kenwyne go have to learn how to provide some of that movement himself. He can't go to Arsenal and stand around and wait for the play like he tends to at Sunderland. That won't get him on the field at Arsenal. He'll have to learn how and when and where to make his runs in anticipation of the play/pass and not wait for things to develop before chasing the play.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 06:20:13 AM »

Boss reply !!!!!!  :rotfl:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 08:23:04 AM »

But Adebayor couldn't trap the ball when he started at Arsenal and look how he turn out. Now he at man city where he not getting it on a platter, check out how he looking.

I rate KJ at a similar level to Adebayor when he joined Arsenal, and the way Arsenal plays the game, i feel even me with my shitty self could score a couple against Wolves.

KJ could thrive there with that service and under a coach like Wenger who has a record for getting the best out of his players.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »

But Adebayor couldn't trap the ball when he started at Arsenal and look how he turn out. Now he at man city where he not getting it on a platter, check out how he looking.

I rate KJ at a similar level to Adebayor when he joined Arsenal, and the way Arsenal plays the game, i feel even me with my shitty self could score a couple against Wolves.

KJ could thrive there with that service and under a coach like Wenger who has a record for getting the best out of his players.

Doh study dem fellas wid dey shit talk nah.  I see him trap and control nuff ball in de few sunderland games I does get to see so I eh sure what "cah trap" shit talk dem men on.  Secondly yuh right to use Ade as he was absolutely atrocious when receiving the ball and yet he is a highly rated EPL striker now.  KJ at his current state is better than Ade was when he joined the gunners so if Ade make it KJ would more than likely be able to do just as well barring any unforseen circumstances or injuries.  Man do realize how much crowding from defenders KJ attracts at Sunderland, put him in a Gunners lineup and defenders will now be forced to give him space or be punished.  I hope it happens because he would truly be in an environment where he can grow as a player.  Wenger might be stuck in his philosophies but there is no denying that players leave Arsenal as (most often) vastly improved compared to when they arrived.  GL KJ yuh could do it!!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »
it so easy to jump on a rumor bandwagon eh ...any one can confirm interest by arsenal in kenwyn jones ? we might as well disuss what a good opportunity it would be for de young Naps forward who scored in every Intercol game he played in this season to join manchester united .....

How it go be good for his career because  sir Alex is so good at developing young players etc.. but it isn't about what is good for our players rather it is what is good for the club paying the bucks !

Man narrowing down arsenal's options to Jones and bent, ignoring 100 million Brazilians , 20 million argentinians, 100 million nigerians and no telling how many dutch, Spanish and jamaican nationals who could as well be added for consideration ...but we love we self ...better than we love we self !

1]; } ?>