April 20, 2024, 12:05:13 AM

Author Topic: San Juan clinch East title.  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
San Juan clinch East title.
« on: October 19, 2007, 04:50:29 AM »
San Juan clinch East title.
By: Roger Seepersad (Express).
[/size]

San Juan Secondary Comprehensive wrapped up the BG Trinidad and Tobago Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) East Zone title with an easy 4-0 thumping of Hillview College at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya yesterday.
San Juan and defending East Zone champions St Augustine Senior Comprehensive are level on points after the penultimate match of the league competition but San Juan secured the title based on a superior goal difference.
And in the North Zone, the battle against relegation heated up with Trinity College losing 2-1 to Fatima College while Queen's Royal College were held to a 3-3 draw at home to Mucurapo Secondary Comprehensive.
The action started early at Fatima Ground with both teams having a go at goal. In the first minute of the game, Jeremy McMan, for Trinity, put in a pass to Kevon Ourham and he found Kendall Sealy in front of goal. But Sealy, under pressure, put his shot off target.
Ten minutes later, Fatima had a golden opportunity to take the initiative with Chad De Freitas getting in behind the Trinity defence, but he was eventually forced wide and missed the mark.
Fatima had more shots but most were off target and this allowed Trinity the opportunity to sneak one in.
On the stroke of half-time, after being brought down in midfield, Brian Andrews sailed the resulting free kick right on the chest of Sealy in front of goal and he calmly guided the ball past Christopher Coker in goal for Fatima.
In the second half, Fatima enjoyed the lion's share of possession but were forced to wait until the 75th minute before they got their equaliser.
De Freitas, who received heaps of support from the sidelines, collected the ball in the penalty box and expertly went around Trinity goalkeeper Zane Coker, before depositing the ball in an empty net.
The match winner came in similar fashion in the 90th minute with Coker advancing and off his line and Fatima's Brenton Balboso put the ball between the uprights to give Fatima a 2-1 victory and three points.

GOING PAST: San Juan Secondary Comprehensive captain Elijah Manners maintains his control of the ball as he leaps over a Hillview College player during their BG T&T SSFL clash at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya yesterday. San Juan won the match 4-0 to clinch the SSFL East Zone title.
San Juan dethrone Green Machine.
T&T Newsday Reports.
[/size]

San Juan dethroned the ALGICO-sponsored St Augustine , the “Green Machine,” from the East Zone crown after yesterday’s action in the Championship Division of the BG Trinidad and Tobago Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL).
Both teams finished on 25 points apiece, but San Juan prevailed on a superior goal-difference. The San Juan footballers ended with a plus 22 goal-difference, while the “Green Machine” finished with plus 17.
San Juan hammered Hillview 4-0 at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Tunapuna courtesy of a pair by Jamal Spencer and one apiece from Kareem Girod and Neil Mitchell. St Augustine could only muster a 2-0 win over the “Blue Thunder” El Dorado with a late double from Mark Alibey.
Nicholas Armstrong notched a hat-trick as the “Dial Dynamos” Arima edged Toco 3-2 at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima. Kerin Vincent netted a pair for Toco. The encounter between North leaders the Subway-sponsored “Westmoorings Tigers” St Anthony’s and Diego Martin was cancelled due to a waterlogged outfield.
Fatima got past the struggling Trinity 2-1 at the Fatima Ground, with TT Under-17 players Chad De Freitas and Brenton Balbosa finding the net for the hosts while Kendall Sealy got Trinity’s lone strike. In the clash of the lower-placed outfits, QRC and Mucurapo battled to an exciting 3-3 draw at the QRC Ground.
National Under-15 captain Jerrel Britto, Akeem Deacon and Kishan Geelal were the goal-getters for the Royalians while Mutar Taylor scored twice and Kern St Louis once for the 2006 zonal champs.
Princes Town moved within one point of South Zone leaders Naparima after they edged hosts Moruga 1-0, courtesy of a strike by the prolific Andrew Quashie.
But Presentation San Fernando missed a chance to narrow the gap between themselves and the top two when they were held to a goalless draw by Vessigny in the second of back-to-back matches at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.
In the earlier match at Marabella, St Benedict’s whipped Siparia 2-0 with Tristan Wellington and Kern Alexander getting their names on the scoresheet.
And, in the lone Central Zone contest, Chaguanas thrashed Presentation Chaguanas 3-1 with Miguel Daniel, McKel James and Justin Lewis on target for the hosts while Kadir Shah responded for Pres. Action in the Championship Division concludes tomorrow (SATURDAY) in the North and South Zones.

Full Results
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 07:13:07 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: San Juan clinch East title.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 06:27:42 AM »
SAN JUAN AGAIN !!!!!!! guys forgive me if you all find i"m over reacting a bit,is just that we doh do this often and now i get my little chance,it's my home and school, i said it before the season started i'll let the results do my talking for me,i emailed Jefrey last week and he was telling me how tough it was so it was not an easy achievement.Lets see how much more silverware we can collect this season.

I think the Express could have done a better job at reporting this,two lines eh good enough but then again it's San Juan,i not worried though they will have a lot of writing to do just now.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:41:07 AM »
SAN JUAN AGAIN !!!!!!! guys forgive me if you all find i"m over reacting a bit,is just that we doh do this often and now i get my little chance,it's my home and school, i said it before the season started i'll let the results do my talking for me,i emailed Jefrey last week and he was telling me how tough it was so it was not an easy achievement.Lets see how much more silverware we can collect this season.

I think the Express could have done a better job at reporting this,two lines eh good enough but then again it's San Juan,i not worried though they will have a lot of writing to do just now.

Coops with all due respect. The media outlets in Trini really only care about the North zone which is ridiculous because in the past traditionally the East and South zones had better football.  Congrats to San Juan, although I is an Arima man.  Hey, at least the first 10 years of my life I lived in San Juan, went to San Juan Sec and meh brother play for San Juan.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 07:07:59 AM »
Coops with all due respect. The media outlets in Trini really only care about the North zone which is ridiculous because in the past traditionally the East and South zones had better football.  Congrats to San Juan, although I is an Arima man.  Hey, at least the first 10 years of my life I lived in San Juan, went to San Juan Sec and meh brother play for San Juan.

You stand correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big up San Juan !!!!! Arima did good to better than last year. Its about time an under dog win... ElDo, bye bye..... Arima will win de intercol now....   :devil:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 08:33:26 AM »

Breds don't matter what i will always see you all as San Juan men,i play so much ball with your father in Aranguez i can't see how you all become Arima  :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 09:44:06 AM »
Hard luck dey 'Gustine...this just underscores the importance of every game and every goal

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 11:09:05 AM »
guided the ball past Christopher Coker in goal for Fatima.

Freitas, who received heaps of support from the sidelines, collected the ball in the penalty box and expertly went around Trinity goalkeeper Zane Coker

Both keepers last name is Coker???

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 11:47:56 AM »
Wonderful to hear...went there for form 6 and only back them from then....was Arima from standard 4 and back them all through Holy Cross. A late San Juan fan but still one so ah will take a drink for dem.  :beermug:
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 01:00:14 PM »
Does anyone have the roster for players on San Juan team? Can you please post it please. Thanks
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 01:13:44 PM »
Where de hell is San Juan?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 01:39:16 PM »

.Oh gosh why yuh sounding like yuh bitter so? San Juan is ah place or a town in the Island of Trinidad. Trinidad is in the Caribbean. Go and look on yuh map. Let me know if you need more info.  :)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 01:42:15 PM »

.Oh gosh why yuh sounding like yuh bitter so? San Juan is ah place or a town in the Island of Trinidad. Trinidad is in the Caribbean. Go and look on yuh map. Let me know if you need more info.  :)

jes a little north man humor (doh mind I from de Cruz which is basically an attachment to San Juan) heheh  :beermug:

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 03:58:30 PM »
well done fellars one down all de rest to go  ;D ;D

coops u said u mailed jeffery personally i think de man is a goat, and only becasue he have a bunch of real talented players they winning, but all in all san juan all de way

filho u say u is a cruz man, well all ah we is san juan so u can share in de glory  :beermug:

i believe they play tobago in de big 5

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »
San Juan is de place dey duz send yuh when yuh cyah make it in 'Gustine  ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 07:22:56 PM »

coops u said u mailed jeffery personally i think de man is a goat, and only becasue he have a bunch of real talented players they winning, but all in all san juan all de way

filho u say u is a cruz man, well all ah we is san juan so u can share in de glory  :beermug:

May be you know something about Jeffery that i don't know,coaching San Juan alone is a job by itself,Jeffery survives because he is a Policeman ,when i was there i survived because i was a soldier,Miguel Hackett survived because he was a soldier,Sharkey Henry survived because he was a soldier,you have to give Jeffery some credit for the job he is doing with those guys,nobody can tell me about those San Juan players because every year i go home i personally go in the school and talk to them,i was home before this season started and had the time to do a session with San Juan players,if you had asked me at the time what i thought of San Juan i would have said it does not look good,just to get those guys to listen and take instructions was difficult,a lot of work needed to be done skillwise,i will not accept Jeffery is a Goat because i know how difficult it is for him,San Juan have been doing very well for the past three years is only St Augustine was in their way,everyboady have their time now is theirs and all kudos must go to Jeffrey.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 11:07:51 PM »

[/quote]San Juan is de place dey duz send yuh when yuh cyah make it in 'Gustine ;D

'Best thing said in this Thread'   :beermug: :beermug:

In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 12:29:08 AM »
San Juannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn dat is all I have to say.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 12:57:37 AM »
San Juannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn dat is all I have to say.
You duz watchman grave or what...how you duz only show up in de middle ah de people night so? lol

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 07:44:50 PM »

Breds don't matter what i will always see you all as San Juan men,i play so much ball with your father in Aranguez i can't see how you all become Arima  :devil:

Coops that may be true, but I live in Arima more years of my life especially the formative years, hence, my reason for going to Arima and supporting Arima. 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 08:20:38 PM »

May be you know something about Jeffery that i don't know,coaching San Juan alone is a job by itself,Jeffery survives because he is a Policeman ,when i was there i survived because i was a soldier,Miguel Hackett survived because he was a soldier,Sharkey Henry survived because he was a soldier,you have to give Jeffery some credit for the job he is doing with those guys,nobody can tell me about those San Juan players because every year i go home i personally go in the school and talk to them,i was home before this season started and had the time to do a session with San Juan players,if you had asked me at the time what i thought of San Juan i would have said it does not look good,just to get those guys to listen and take instructions was difficult,a lot of work needed to be done skillwise,i will not accept Jeffery is a Goat because i know how difficult it is for him,San Juan have been doing very well for the past three years is only St Augustine was in their way,everyboady have their time now is theirs and all kudos must go to Jeffrey.

coops is thru it`s a hard task to get the guys to listen, but once u put those youths on the field they`ll show u some skill ( not sayin that it`s the right way) also even san juan won the east myself along with alot of ppl haven`t really seen they playin as a team, in the exact words of jerry moe ( cali asst coach) against arima yea de fellars winnin but the football hurtin eyes, it hard to stand here and see that kinda football

now i don`t have anything personal against jeffery, and yea the last 3 yrs san juan really stepin up befor it was either they had a good kepper and not good side or a good side and not a good keeper, this yr they have 2 great keppers,

all in all san juan for all  ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 08:22:32 PM »

Coops that may be true, but I live in Arima more years of my life especially the formative years, hence, my reason for going to Arima and supporting Arima. 
        I know that i was just kidding you dey.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 09:05:19 PM »

coops is thru it`s a hard task to get the guys to listen, but once u put those youths on the field they`ll show u some skill ( not sayin that it`s the right way) also even san juan won the east myself along with alot of ppl haven`t really seen they playin as a team, in the exact words of jerry moe ( cali asst coach) against arima yea de fellars winnin but the football hurtin eyes, it hard to stand here and see that kinda football

now i don`t have anything personal against jeffery, and yea the last 3 yrs san juan really stepin up befor it was either they had a good kepper and not good side or a good side and not a good keeper, this yr they have 2 great keppers,

JP i want you to understand i'm not in the put down thing,just like to share my views,what you are saying is right, Jerry Moe is an ex San Juan player,he played when Sharkey Henry was coaching the team,they had some of the best players in those days but never won any thing so we could of said Coach was the problem.The talk on here is that the Colleges league is crap,it's not a good breading ground for improving young players so that tells us the standard of all the teams in that league,it also tell us the standard of the Coaches in that league,don't get me wrong i'm not saying Jeffrey is a good Coach all i'm saying is that he is doing a good job.

May be you might have a little more to elaborate on this,from what i know Sharkey had them they won nothing,i took them we won every thing,Miguel Hackett took them they won nothing,Jeffrey took them and they are where they are at present.One thing i realize we both agree on is that San Juan always have talent is for who ever in charge to make use of it,could you imagine if guys like Dwarika,Sam,Rocke,Chinapoo etc etc went to San Juan instead of going to other schools what kind of teams we would have been producing.

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 07:55:01 AM »

JP i want you to understand i'm not in the put down thing,just like to share my views,what you are saying is right, Jerry Moe is an ex San Juan player,he played when Sharkey Henry was coaching the team,they had some of the best players in those days but never won any thing so we could of said Coach was the problem.The talk on here is that the Colleges league is crap,it's not a good breading ground for improving young players so that tells us the standard of all the teams in that league,it also tell us the standard of the Coaches in that league,don't get me wrong i'm not saying Jeffrey is a good Coach all i'm saying is that he is doing a good job.

May be you might have a little more to elaborate on this,from what i know Sharkey had them they won nothing,i took them we won every thing,Miguel Hackett took them they won nothing,Jeffrey took them and they are where they are at present.One thing i realize we both agree on is that San Juan always have talent is for who ever in charge to make use of it,could you imagine if guys like Dwarika,Sam,Rocke,Chinapoo etc etc went to San Juan instead of going to other schools what kind of teams we would have been producing.

got u coops well put yea if those fellas went to san juan one can only imagine.

u said u did a session with em, theres one guy niel, what u think about him been watchin him and he`s for me a above the rest and he works hard, once he works on his attitude he`ll make something of himself

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 09:52:28 AM »

got u coops well put yea if those fellas went to san juan one can only imagine.

u said u did a session with em, theres one guy niel, what u think about him been watchin him and he`s for me a above the rest and he works hard, once he works on his attitude he`ll make something of himself
       I'm not sure if you read a little report i wrute when i came back from home where i said i just had time to do one session with San Juan,things was not looking too good but there was one player that caught my eye,i did not get into the names because it was so many of them,i'm almost sure it could be that same person you talking about,he was very individual with a lot of skills don't know how well he works on a team. 

1]; } ?>