March 28, 2024, 05:09:09 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244280 times)

Offline Co Durham

• New Warrior
  • Were gonna need a bigger boat..
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones Thread
« on: October 21, 2007, 01:42:31 PM »
AWESOME.

That is all!

Un chat noir c'est pour plus d'une saison c'est pour toujours bonny lads, pour toujours.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: KJ...1 word
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 01:43:49 PM »
MAGNIFICENT!!
that is all! = talk dun ;D
 and Welcome Co Durham ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 01:49:56 PM »
AWESOME.

That is all!

Thanks Co Du. We share your thrill. I've never seen anybody dominate in the air like that for EVERY! ball. Heading at will to goal purely on the basis of untouchable gymnastic edge, not to mention his astute positioning and reading of the game.

Welcome aboard.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:44:59 PM »
the man reach. he really make we proud out there. it is all about kenwyn jones and he only getting better. his work rate is superb but he needs some suppport up front. keep it up kenwyn

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 02:48:03 PM »
My two forwards   Cornell Glenn and KJ  and half my midfield Carlos and Memum

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »
Everytime I watch KJ I does marvel of how good this man really is and then ah does get vex knowing he have no support on that riff raff team,he clearly is doing all the work on that team which includes defending,attacking,midfield,the rest of them should be ashamed of themselves,kenwynne,carlos,yorke are the three best players on that team hands down......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 03:12:08 PM »
Everytime I watch KJ I does marvel of how good this man really is and then ah does get vex knowing he have no support on that riff raff team,he clearly is doing all the work on that team which includes defending,attacking,midfield,the rest of them should be ashamed of themselves,kenwynne,carlos,yorke are the three best players on that team hands down......

Dumpalewie,excuse the borrow please, but

Hush yuh ass!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline TRINIMITCH

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Photobucket
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 03:23:16 PM »
FIRSTCLASS
PROUD TO BE MALICK

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 03:33:44 PM »
trinidadian  ;D
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 03:42:37 PM »
They real biggin up d man on BBC....and rightly so....great performance  :beermug:  :beermug:  :beermug:

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 03:52:36 PM »
On match of the day on BBC, Kenwyne got a post match interview with the MOD team, well spoken and and answering the questions asked clearly.

For anyone who watched the game, they would have also realised that NO West Ham defender could handle him in the air. Lee Dixon Gavin Peacock and Ian Dowie all spoke very highly of him and they did video analysis of the multiple times in the game where he created opportunities for sunderland. They dedicate a good 5 minutes of the progamme to him.

They couldn't stop talking about the technique in the header and his incredible athleticism. They compared him to Drogba and talked about him being the key to sunderland staying up
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 04:03:56 PM »
On match of the day on BBC, Kenwyne got a post match interview with the MOD team, well spoken and and answering the questions asked clearly.

For anyone who watched the game, they would have also realised that NO West Ham defender could handle him in the air. Lee Dixon Gavin Peacock and Ian Dowie all spoke very highly of him and they did video analysis of the multiple times in the game where he created opportunities for sunderland. They dedicate a good 5 minutes of the progamme to him.

They couldn't stop talking about the technique in the header and his incredible athleticism. They compared him to Drogba and talked about him being the key to sunderland staying up

:applause: :applause: :applause: :salute:  :salute: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :challenge: :challenge: :challenge:

O gor' meh chest cyah geh no bigger dan it is right now. Eh!! Jones yuh mekkin' we proud dread.

Who say T&T potential for 2010? Check de talent pool nah, with youth and experience: ....

Goal:   Ince, Jan-Michael, Jack, Marvin Phillip

Defence stoppers: Telesford, Julius James, Sancho, Lawrence,

Wing backs:  Cyd, Avery, Daniel, (Drayton and Power to get extra coaching  ;D but dey go make it)

Defensive mids: Birchall, Whitley, Pacheco, Spann, Denzil....  Yorke (last hurrah  ;D )

Utility players: Spann, Pacheco

Attacking mids:  Carlos, Samuel, Toussaint, Kerry Baptiste!, Tinto,

Strikers: Stern, Jones, Glen, Scotland, McFarlane, Anthony Wolfe

Players to watch: Clyde Leon, Knox, Peltier, Radanfah, Keyeno, Hector Sam, Josh Johnson, Sealy, A fitter Hardest  ;)

Positions needed: Wing backs, stoppers, goalies, creative mids, 1 more striker like Glenn (jess in case)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 05:06:00 PM by dreamer »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 04:09:58 PM »

KJ is ah must and ah love Glenn technique and speed. But Stern will not get thrown out dat easily, whether we like him or not, Stern's experience and goal scoring record will not be over looked by any coach of our national team. These guys, have tuh really do de business really good, tuh put Stern on de bench. Notice ah said de bench, cuz he definitely have tuh be on dat national team. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 04:20:51 PM »

KJ is ah must and ah love Glenn technique and speed. But Stern will not get thrown out dat easily, whether we like him or not, Stern's experience and goal scoring record will not be over looked by any coach of our national team. These guys, have tuh really do de business really good, tuh put Stern on de bench. Notice ah said de bench, cuz he definitely have tuh be on dat national team. HIGHLY BLESSED.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Stern is vital!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 04:22:42 PM »
And KJ was meh captain in Fantasy Football today to boot... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »
FANTABULOUS
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 05:35:10 PM »
Dominator

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 05:43:55 PM »

SPLENDIFEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 05:50:19 PM »

BOSS I CANT REMEMBER WHO MENTION IT BEFORE BUT I WAS LSITENING WHEN THE COMMENTATOR AND THEM SAY CAN ANYONE ELSE PLAY!!!!!!!!!! THAT SUMS IT UP PRETTY WELL!!!!! FROM STRIKING TO THE DEFENCE THE MAN IS A BOSS!!!!!!!!. JONES GOING AND BE SUNDERLAND TOP SCORER THIS SEASON AND WATCH FEEL THEM BIG TIME MANAGERS AIN'T WATCHING HIS PERFORMANCES, I ASSURE YOU THEY TAKING NOTES AND HOW HE YOUNG THERE ONLY COULD GET BETTER. SIZE, SKILL, SPEED, SMART, MUST I GO ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU REPRESENTING TRINI WELL BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNCLE PHILBERT MUST BE SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! WHEN I SEE HIM I WILL LAUD YOUR PRAISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I IN TRINI FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 05:58:24 PM »

BOSS I CANT REMEMBER WHO MENTION IT BEFORE BUT I WAS LSITENING WHEN THE COMMENTATOR AND THEM SAY CAN ANYONE ELSE PLAY!!!!!!!!!! THAT SUMS IT UP PRETTY WELL!!!!! FROM STRIKING TO THE DEFENCE THE MAN IS A BOSS!!!!!!!!. JONES GOING AND BE SUNDERLAND TOP SCORER THIS SEASON AND WATCH FEEL THEM BIG TIME MANAGERS AIN'T WATCHING HIS PERFORMANCES, I ASSURE YOU THEY TAKING NOTES AND HOW HE YOUNG THERE ONLY COULD GET BETTER. SIZE, SKILL, SPEED, SMART, MUST I GO ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU REPRESENTING TRINI WELL BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNCLE PHILBERT MUST BE SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! WHEN I SEE HIM I WILL LAUD YOUR PRAISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I IN TRINI FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I real laugh when I hear that. Sunderland has nothing without him.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Some advise to Jones.
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 07:44:18 PM »
Jones need to be a bit more selfish with the ball on top the box, too much lay off with ball on feet typical English style of coaching, one of the great quality in a striker is holding on to the ball and taking on defenders.

He need to develop his dribbling skills, I would recommed some 1v1 coaching sessions with someone like Latas on dribbling.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Some advise to Jones.
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 07:51:03 PM »
Good Advise.Learning to take on defenders 1v1.Must say though he is our #1 striker at the moment. 

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »
Lawd when carlos come back is presshah

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 08:44:14 PM »
Jones need to be a bit more selfish with the ball on top the box, too much lay off with ball on feet typical English style of coaching, one of the great quality in a striker is holding on to the ball and taking on defenders.

He need to develop his dribbling skills, I would recommed some 1v1 coaching sessions with someone like Latas on dribbling.

Coach, ah must say dat is ah pretty good observation and corrective action on your path. However, dat will come in handy on dat rare occasion, when he may need tuh do dat. Obviously dat is not what Keane want, we could see dat from de lil time he playing wid dem. So guess what boss, he better lay it off eh, cuz is Sunderland putting food on he table and Keane is he boss. May be fuh de national team, dat 1v1 might work wid de dutch style of coaching, but wid Keane, dat is ah no, no  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 09:09:51 PM »
Boy the more tricks yuh have in yuh bag de better.
Never shy away from learning something that will improve your skills.
When he doh have anybody to lay it off to he need to be able to take on defenders.

I think he have some skills though, ah remember he hit a man a drag on de line for T&T in a WC qualifier or warmup ah cah remember.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 04:28:37 AM »

Although I would agree with you in many ways, one of the basic coaching techniques for a defender is to be told to force an attacker wide. When a striker is running towards goal, you have two aims. Firstly, do not let him shoot, secondly, do not tackle him and risk giving away a free kick in a dangerous area.

Instead, shape your body to force him wide. This allows a defensive midfielder to drop back and cover. Once in a safer position, either make a tackle or shepherd him to the corner. Again, shape your body to bring him on to his weaker foot.

People say that strikers are restricted by English managers. This is nonsense. Britain has a tradition of great wingers who set the game alight by dribbling. Tom Finney, George Best, Ryan Giggs. The list goes on.

Where the English game kills dribbling is the opposition managers. These guys look for ways to stop and frustrate the opposition. That is why Ronaldo and Owen don't run with the ball so much. Roy Keane spent his career stopping players like that from playing. Keeping possession may not be more exciting, but developing a faster one touch game up front is a lot harder to defend against. Much like the Shearer/Sutton Blackburn partnership, Cole/Shearer Newcastle pairing, Fowler/McManaman Liverpool pairing and now perhaps Rooney/Tevez at Man U. This is why its so important to get two strikers playing well together. Its far better from a managers point of view to get two average strikers playing one twos in front of the goal than a dribbling wizard who's game can be stifled by a good defender.

If you then develop your fullback/midfield partnership such as Beckham/Neville and for England Richards/Wright Phillips, who can attack the flanks, you create a more potent attacking force and can play with one striker and two attacking midfielders.  However, if you have a player such as Maradonna, you just let him go for t and build the team around him. Unfortunately,much as I admire Kenwynne, he ain't Maradonna!

With todays tactical managers, its not so much about having the best players, but out thinking the opposition. Prime example:- Gerrard & Lampard for England. Individually, both could play for Enland, but never, ever together.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 05:28:03 AM »
Why dribbling? He can improve his ability to make space for himself and finish in and around the penalty area, (with both feet and head).  He does not necessarily have to be able to dribble. Many top class strikers cannot or could not dribble.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 05:37:58 AM »
Good observation coach but I find that when Jones has been one on one with the last man he has not been afraid to try to turn on them.

Most times he has tried to lay it off is when he was under heavy pressure. Also I think that the part of his game that he needs to work on is his short layoffs to foot and to space. Too often they going to the players standing foot or bobbling. Those passes need to be perfect.

The danger of dribbling when you have more than one player when you have team mates as options is that when the play breaks down it could be sure goal.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 05:45:17 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 05:43:24 AM »
ah imagine ah lot ah men on dis forum feel de same way bout Kenwyne Coops; ah know I do. There were times when ah thought he coulda be alil selfish and take men on, but like other men say, MAYBE (???) Keane doh want that, however unless Kenwyne/Dwight/Carlos tell we, we won't know for sure. ah don't see how developing his one v one dribbling skill could hurt his (we) game, and while i do respect fellahs analysis and ting, YO!! at the end ah de day you could be John Terry but if yuh have big strong/more-skillful Kenwyne Jones coming at yuh, yuh could try to send him which ever direction yuh want, when is time to take yuh drag/shoulder-feint/step-over, bredda yuh taking it. On a related note, all ah could think about is having a fit Kenwyne when WC Qualifiers start, ah cyah wait, and yeah. yeah the analysis men go start talking bout what dis or dat team will do to neutralize him, blah, blah, blah.....all i know is he will be a force to be reckoned with for dem concacaf teams. Bless
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 05:52:05 AM »
All Jones has to do is tap into the experience of the good people around him. Keane, Yorke, Edwards etc. With hard work he will progress naturally.

1]; } ?>