April 18, 2024, 08:10:48 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246438 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwynne Superman Jones
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Barclays Premier League Table
26 April 2008

P GD PTS

1 Man Utd 36 53 81
2 Chelsea 36 37 81
3 Arsenal 35 37 74
4 Liverpool 36 36 70

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Everton 35 21 61

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Aston Villa 35 22 58
7 Portsmouth 35 12 57
8 Man City 36 0 55
9 Blackburn 35 2 52
10 West Ham 36 -5 48
11 Tottenham 36 6 43
12 Newcastle 36 -16 43
13 Sunderland 36 -20 39
14 Wigan 36 -17 37
15 Middlesbrough 36 -19 36
16 Bolton 36 -20 33
17 Reading 36 -28 33

18 Birmingham 36 -17 32
19 Fulham 36 -25 30
20 Derby 35 -59 11
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 11:44:10 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2008, 11:43:14 AM »
Guys, the big fella was immense today. It was a superb performance from Kenwynne who gave us 100% for the whole game, he is so committed to the cause he shed blood, sweat and tears.

He took a really bad knock to the head in the 2nd half and it looked really bad as both physios came running on and a medic from pitchside. I thought he had swallowed his tongue as he did not seem to move for about 5 minutes but thankfully he got up, he had his wound bandaged and ran at full speed from behind the away goal to the half way line so he could come back on.

People questioned his attitude when he was at Southampton but he was like Rambo out there today, he was battered by Wheater all day but just came back stronger. The whole ground were stood up singing his name at one point, it was a beautiful moment.

Now we safe from relegation Keane can hopefully get a top quality striker to play alongside him, according to the press Keane has said he wants to spend somewhere between £50m and £70m on players.

I am so relaxed tonight, it is fantastic to be in the EPL next seaon again and we still have 2 game left
 :beermug: :beermug:

I think Chopra was equally immense today.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2008, 01:00:24 PM »
it might be me but Chopra as a striker does not impress me in the slightest bit..

to me he just look like a man on the field to run hard with he hunchback self..

that goal he scored today was poor defending imo, cause he did nothing special at all to beat his man..

there was another play where a defender accidentally gifted him the ball and he do some kinda madness and just loft de ball out of play, it really and truly look like a play from the SSFL. I don't even think he links that well with Jones.

I'd hope Sunderland get a striker with genuine quality to be a good foil for Jones, but Chopra as best should be a 4th striker option on the bench imo.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2008, 01:14:45 PM »
a midfield / defence would help more

btw omarldinho

I will start the Summer Signing Speculation thread after the last match of the season and keep it going through the summer, so the mods wont have stacks of threads, then we can argue to our hearts content over the summer signings.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2008, 01:17:05 PM »
it might be me but Chopra as a striker does not impress me in the slightest bit..

that goal he scored today was poor defending imo, cause he did nothing special at all to beat his man..

there was another play where a defender accidentally gifted him the ball and he do some kinda madness and just loft de ball out of play, it really and truly look like a play from the SSFL. I don't even think he links that well with Jones.

I'd hope Sunderland get a striker with genuine quality to be a good foil for Jones, but Chopra as best should be a 4th striker option on the bench imo.
At least chopra played better than edwards in every sense of the word better. trini bias!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »

btw omarldinho

I will start the Summer Signing Speculation thread after the last match of the season and keep it going through the summer, so the mods wont have stacks of threads, then we can argue to our hearts content over the summer signings.

lol, no probs..

you know how much we agree on transfer targets already.  ;D

just remember i'll accept no less than 100k a year. :beermug: :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »

At least chopra played better than edwards in every sense of the word better. trini bias!

who arguing that? how carlos come in this?

i'm simply stating my opinion on chopra breds.

where did you see me mention edwards anywhere for you to accuse trini bias?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »

Well you should've!! why jump on chops when carlos sh!tiing down he tail.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2008, 01:29:37 PM »

btw omarldinho

lol, no probs..

you know how much we agree on transfer targets already.  ;D

just remember i'll accept no less than 100k a year. :beermug: :beermug:

Your such a tart ;)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2008, 01:58:40 PM »

You being harsh. I agree on Chopra not being the quality second striker Sunderland need, and him not linking up well with KJ, but you underating him. He's not a striker in the proper sense of the word, more like a generic "forward" but he's useful when you need somebody to play both forward and midfield (think wiltord or Govou) and that particular play where he eliminated Wheater, the drag might not have been something special but the choice on the shot was top class.Similarly, the lob he scored against Aston Villa.

He's a intelligent player. And despite his small size, he gives 100% and harangues the opposition backline whole game. Its completely in line with the team spirit and its very useful when you have a defence that doubting. And I don't think he would make problems being a sub. Unless you planning on buying Defoe or Agbonlahor or Owen or somebody so, I would recommend keeping him.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »

Well you should've!! why jump on chops when carlos sh!tiing down he tail.

Carlos had a decent game today. Def. didn't shit down himself. Neat, more competent effort than past and was more involved in the attack as the game wore on. Except for one really poor cross, it was a decent enough effort on both ends. Needs to take more risks in attack, but today's game was a relegation scrap. None of the more skilled players took any risks and it was basically route 1 football today. On the flip side, Carlos fed off the scraps well and kept possession very well in a midfield that has problems stringing passes together. Got some nice applause as he came off. Fans saw a decent effort..I agree.

Chopra was very good today. He is a good poacher and would probably be in double figures for the season if he didn't play right wing half the time. Not everyone's type of player, but the kind of goals he scores makes me think he is a better finisher than anyone else in the side.

JC..like somebody get yuh vex. If a man discussing a player he doh rate he doh have to discuss nobody else. It would be one thing if Carlos was a striker but having an opinion on Chopra have nutten to do with Carlos. For all you know, Omar coulda find carlos was the shittiest man on the field. You want to dictate man topic now or wha?

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2008, 02:28:45 PM »

I not a chopra fan but it sounding like yuh looking fuh ah reason to say he eh good,look at this point where they fighting to stay up critizing or evaluating a players performance won't help them,we already know who does play shit and who alright..................Peace. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »

I not a chopra fan but it sounding like yuh looking fuh ah reason to say he eh good,look at this point where they fighting to stay up critizing or evaluating a players performance won't help them,we already know who does play shit and who alright..................Peace. 

hold yuh horses..

i doh need ah reason to say he eh good. If i find he's a shitong, then I find he's a shitong.. end of text!

furthermore, they no longer fighting to stay up; as of today's result, they're now safe from relegation.

So i'm saying looking ahead, that I think they need someone with much more quality than Chopra has to partner Jones up front because he doesn't impress me as anything more than a useful player; even though admittedly he had a good game today.

Hope that's simple enough reasoning for you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2008, 03:32:52 PM »
Sunderland now all  yuh safe get KJ some help 4 08-09 pleezeeeeeeeeee
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2008, 05:30:24 PM »
ah fine allyuh blasted bias...fact is chopra was a newcastle understudy....only reason he didnt make it there cause he competing against Shearer...to me ...he givin jones competition and that is what keeping sunderland competitive in d forward line....
I get d feeling if Chopra was ah black man allyuh mighta big him up....but because he is neither black or trini....castigate him....right?
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2008, 05:35:32 PM »
K.J. Played like a 'warrior' ran like a warrior and looked like ah warrior today.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2008, 06:29:55 PM »

I get d feeling if Chopra was ah black man allyuh mighta big him up....but because he is neither black or trini....castigate him....right?

And I get the feeling you trying to pollute this thread with a smart man reverse racism. Who is allyuh? Did you even take your time to read the posts? There are more posts giving Chopra props here than the ones that doh rate him and I could tell yuh it have some black Trinis that give him props right here on this thread. By the way, you must be a millionaire by now with that technology you have that could ascertain a person race in an anonymous forum.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2008, 07:01:31 PM »
Actually i thought chopra made some good diagonal movements off the ball today ...in fact he runs off the ball better than KJ does i think he's decent or in fact useful . I see no reason to get rid of him he fits a role that this team needs because they have no stars on this team just a bunch of workers.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »
ah fine allyuh blasted bias...fact is chopra was a newcastle understudy....only reason he didnt make it there cause he competing against Shearer...to me ...he givin jones competition and that is what keeping sunderland competitive in d forward line....

oh boy.... now yuh did it.... Chopra could not be black because his parents are white.. its pretty elementary.. I'm glad that I was available to clear this point up for de forum.

Davidephraim strikes again...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2008, 07:25:26 PM »

good call Naipaul.

BTW..anyone see Carlos "Cortina" Edwards today?  ::)
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2008, 07:29:39 PM »
Thanks Cartman...congrats to Sunderland....and the tnt lads as well
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2008, 07:47:47 PM »

I think your opinion on Chopra is reflective as much of an opinion on Chopra's ability, as it is of the type of player that you (and we Trinis in general) like...From what I've seen this season, Chopra is a very industrious player who can hit the net when he gets the chance. His strike rate might actually be better than Jones' (he's only scored 2 less than Jones, and I ain't the team statistician, but I think Jones has had alot more looks on goal than Chopra)....and the quality of his goals are actually better than Jones' ...so the gap in quality between the two (as strikers) isn't really that big.

Jones is way more of a central figure at Sunderland than Chopra, but Chopra's role in the team this season was significant as well in my opinion, and he showed some versatility being able to fill more than one position. I think if he didn't have the "hunch-back" lol...and he made his job like a little graceful, he might escape your criticism...Just my take based on the type of players that we Trinis enjoy watching....

I might get cuss for this, but I'm still not fully convinced that Jones is a quality "striker". I think he's a tremendous athlete, and a decent utility football player, and striker is just one of the positions where he can hold his own especially in a team that relies on a big man target to aim at up front.... Despite Jones' talismanic role at Sunderland this year, if Keano is trying to inject true quality through big spending this year in the hopes of builing a smooth running football team as opposed to the route one smash & grab that Sunderland played this year, I'm not sure if Jones is gonna be that big player that the team is built around, as he was this season.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2008, 07:54:26 PM »

oh boy.... now yuh did it.... Chopra could not be black because his parents are white.. its pretty elementary.. I'm glad that I was available to clear this point up for de forum.

Davidephraim strikes again...
White?!! with ah name like chopra ? breds the man is bi-racial, his mother's white and his father is indian.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2008, 08:05:27 PM »
And I get the feeling you trying to pollute this thread with a smart man reverse racism. Who is allyuh? Did you even take your time to read the posts? There are more posts giving Chopra props here than the ones that doh rate him and I could tell yuh it have some black Trinis that give him props right here on this thread. By the way, you must be a millionaire by now with that technology you have that could ascertain a person race in an anonymous forum.

Filho...I like the way you like to use the word pollute...where I am making a general observation. There is nothing wrong with addressing what others would like to say but are sometimes passive about and shrug off. I feel this to be very pertinent ..Is like asking why arent there more players other than MOSTLY of African heritage in the TNT national team and how do we address it and why isnt affirmative action being implemented ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 09:04:44 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »

good call Naipaul.

BTW..anyone see Carlos "Cortina" Edwards today?  ::)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:...congrats sunderland  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »

Filho...I like the way you like to use the word pollute...where I am making a general observation. There is nothing wrong with addressing what others would like to say but are sometimes passive about and shrug off. I feel this to be very pertinent ..Is like asking why arent there more players other than MOSTLY of African heritage in the TNT national team and how do we address it and why isnt affirmative action being implemented ?
You seem very intent on starting a race discussion today. Thank you very much for speaking for all the people who are to shy to express their views.

Actually, I think that this is your personal crutch. Pitifull!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »
big up to kenwyne
but that game was reaaaaal ugly jed...
with the drama of the late goal and all..it was hard to watch that shit

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »
You seem very intent on starting a race discussion today. Thank you very much for speaking for all the people who are to shy to express their views.

Actually, I think that this is your personal crutch. Pitifull!!!

d truth hurts...dont it... ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2008, 10:50:25 PM »
SING PRAISES SING PRAISES........

ALLYUH HELP MEH WITH THIS ONE NAH....

Black Superman- Kenwynne Superman Jones
Johnny Wakelin & The Kinshasa Band

This here's the story of  Kenwynne Jones
Who is known as   K.J.
He knows how to play and he knows how to jump
And all the opposition were out headed outa sight

Sing,  K.J. K.J.
He runs  like a gazelle and jumps  like a ……………
Kenwynne, the black superman
Who calls to the other guy out jump me if you can

Now all you football fans, you've got to agree
There ain't no players like   Kenwynne Jones

Sing, Kenwynne Jones Kenwynne Jones
He runs  like a gazelle and scores like a ……..
Black Superman- Kenwynne Superman Jones
Johnny Wakelin & The Kinshasa Band

This here's the story of  Kenwynne Jones
Who is known as   K.J.
He knows how to play and he knows how to jump
And all the opposition were out headed outa sight

Sing,  K.J. K.J.
He runs  like a gazelle and jumps  like a ……………
Kenwynne, the black superman
Who calls to the other guy out jump me if you can

Now all you football fans, you've got to agree
There ain't no players like   Kenwynne Jones

Sing, Kenwynne Jones Kenwynne Jones
He runs  like a gazelle and scores like a ……..
  Kenwynne Jones the black superman

TRY TO OUT JUMP HIM IF YOU CAN

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2008, 11:26:17 PM »
I thin chopra had an even better game than KJ and that him and Jones work pretty good together.  compliment each other well.  The keeper pretty good too.  The 1st string defense decent, but they need better back ups...and the most glaring need is not another expensive striker.  It have to do with that long ball hoof brand they playing.

1]; } ?>