April 19, 2024, 09:35:04 AM

Author Topic: Charles for trial at Bristol Rovers.  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Charles for trial at Bristol Rovers.
« on: October 24, 2007, 06:42:18 PM »
Charles for trial at Bristol Rovers.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

National Olympic team goalkeeper Andre Charles is looking forward to a trial with English League One club Bristol Rovers within the next few weeks.
Charles, who is English-based, was the starting goalie for the Under 23 team in its recent losses to Cuba and Grenada but despite conceding six goals in two games, the former National Under 20 player did produce a fair showing, pulling off a few solid saves.
“It was definitely an experience for all of us and for me in particular seeing that I hadn’t played since the Under 20 level. I think it was tough for the team, not making any excuses, because of the time that we had to try and come together before the game against Cuba. That game was particularly tough and we found it hard to adapt to their pace which is something we need to work on. Overall I thought we could do better but it’s one of those things where we have to assess where we went wrong and try to avoid this in the future.
“As for me, I’m looking ahead to the trial with Bristol and hopefully I’ll get my chance to join the club but if not I will be looking at other options because playing professionally in England is part of my ambitions and of course I want to continue working towards playing for Trinidad and Tobago again in the future,” Charles said.

Pacheco aims to make Columbus first team.

National Team winger Andrei Pacheco is hoping to break into the Columbus Crew first team in time for next season following his recent stint with the American Major League Soccer club.
Pacheco, still a member of W Connection, moved to Columbus recently and has been spending most of his time trying to adapt to the new system and finalize contract negotiations.
“It’s different to home because it’s more professional. You have to work extra hard and the game is faster. But the experience will help me lift my game and play faster,” Pacheco said. “It was difficult for the first two weeks but then I adjusted to the pace and I had to step up my game. We will talk more about the contract in December and hopefully I can be in the first team for next season.
Pacheco played in four Reserve Team games against the likes of Colorado Rapids, LA Galaxy and Kansas City Wizards.
“As soon as I reached there ( Columbus ) they told me about Stern John and Ancil Elcock. They told me I had to step up because those guys left a good mark and impression of Trinidad ,” Pacheco added. View Pacheco's interview.

Dundee player: Latapy inspires the ageing ones.

Dundee United player Darren Dods believes that former National team captain Russell Latapy is a shining example for every professional footballer entering their 30s – a period that most tend to head towards the end of their playing careers.
Latapy, now 39, continues to impress in the Scottish Premier League with Falkirk, where he also coaches and captains the team, and is currently admired by those who follow and play with him.
"Russell is the man who makes Falkirk tick and he's the one in midfield you've got to get to grips with because, if you don't, he's capable of doing a lot of damage,” said the 32-year-old Dodds.
"He's getting on a bit now but he just keeps coming up with the goods. When he dropped back into the First Division a few years ago folk said that would be it for him but he's proved them wrong and all credit to him. He's a good example to us older guys because if you have the desire to play on well into your 30s and can stay fit then there's nothing to stop you,” he added. Latapy, who made a brief visit home last week, will take the field on Saturday when Falkirk, 10th on the standings, meet Aberdeen next Saturday.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:50:39 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Charles for trial at Bristol Rovers.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:12:09 PM »
relly hope somethin firm materialises for andre charles...this is wat we need...mor of our young keepers gettin that kind of exposure....hopin 4 d best 4 jan mike and andre c...imagine if d TiefTiefFF had they house in order an was able to arrange some good friendlies for us not only to expose dem fellas and develop d team unit and scout 4 talent but inorder to give some of dese players some caps to ease dem up wit regards to work permits....

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 08:54:40 AM »
yet still noword on sancho??

damn
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:26:58 AM »
Keep fighting it Charles. Ah hope he does not go and play in that NCAA. He will perish as a footballer!! He need to keep fighting and keep working very hard and keep his discipline and he will make it professionally..........

1]; } ?>